• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get the hang of guard points with CB. I'm either too early or too late. Only time I successfully do it is when roars happens

Emalde

I'm dying spending the entirety of my day like this. Does anyone here happen to have a G-rank Deviljho Guild Quest they can share? Running Tetsucabra/Monoblos over and over in the hopes of having one come up hasn't been successful thus far.

Anura

I'm dying spending the entirety of my day like this. Does anyone here happen to have a G-rank Deviljho Guild Quest they can share? Running Tetsucabra/Monoblos over and over in the hopes of having one come up hasn't been successful thus far.

Man, this is one of those moments when I wish the Japanese version could play with other regions. I had one on that file....

PrankT

Is Armor Sphere+ needed past low rank? I can upgrade my velociprey armor but don't want to use them up if they combine with anything later on.

Scher

Is Armor Sphere+ needed past low rank? I can upgrade my velociprey armor but don't want to use them up if they combine with anything later on.

High rank armor will use Armor Sphere+ for the first couple of upgrades. Don't remember if G rank uses it, though.

You'll find plenty of armor sphere +'s in high rank, though, so don't be too worried about using them all.

No wonder I was taking so much damage in earlier fights though, my Pink Rathian armor has negative dragon resistance.

We almost had it but alas the beams were too much.

Tanis

I'm a bit confused about how all the different quest givers fit together. As far as I can figure there is:

- Caravan quests from the guild woman outside.
- Expeditions from the world map
- Guild quests generated by completing expeditions.
- Low rank guild hall quests
- High rank guild hall quests
- Arena quests

If I just want to go through a single player progression should I just be doing the first two? Are some of the other options impossible to solo?

Kinsei

Banned
Apex Seregios was really easy. It was so big that most of it's attacks went right over my head.

I'm a bit confused about how all the different quest givers fit together. As far as I can figure there is:

- Caravan quests from the guild woman outside.
- Expeditions from the world map
- Guild quests generated by completing expeditions.
- Low rank guild hall quests
- High rank guild hall quests
- Arena quests

If I just want to go through a single player progression should I just be doing the first two? Are some of the other options impossible to solo?

Everything is soloable. The single player is just the caravan quests and expeditions.

You're missing G rank guild hall quests from that list FYI.

tuffy

There's nothing impossible to do solo, but it is a good idea to concentrate on the Caravan and required Expedition quests first. Tackle those and you'll be ready to handle the Guild quests without much trouble.

Been trying to get Gore Magala's tail all night and am having terrible luck. Out of 5 solo runs i got his tail once and of course its a scale :/

Can't seem to get to his tail in time to do any damage before he goes flying off or flips around, frustrating as hell lol

Anyone got any tips? I'm using a charge blade if that matters

Kinsei

Banned
Is the Den'ren Mohran armor set good?

I have a gore magela set and I'm looking to replace it. Just got to HR4.

It's an okay great sword set. If you're not using one I wouldn't bother with it.

Been trying to get Gore Magala's tail all night and am having terrible luck. Out of 5 solo runs i got his tail once and of course its a scale :/

Can't seem to get to his tail in time to do any damage before he goes flying off or flips around, frustrating as hell lol

Anyone got any tips? I'm using a charge blade if that matters

Get your shield charged for the bonus damage, mount him, and then attack the tail in axe mode while he's down. By the time he gets back up it should be almost off. You can also use traps to get him to stay still.

Tanis

Everything is soloable. The single player is just the caravan quests and expeditions.

You're missing G rank guild hall quests from that list FYI.

There's nothing impossible to do solo, but it is a good idea to concentrate on the Caravan and required Expedition quests first. Tackle those and you'll be ready to handle the Guild quests without much trouble.

Thanks, I'll stick to working on caravan and expeditions.

I'm at the 5 star quests now in single player I'm a Charge Blade user wearing the Tetsucabra armour, but I'm wondering if I should be thinking about upgrading my armour to something new.

Should I get the Gore Magala set?

Completed my full set of Velociprey S, now to get my last two Monster Broth to upgrade that Gore Glaive (finally) and then I can cross my fingers and hope randoms will pull together for HR3 missions.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm at the 5 star quests now in single player I'm a Charge Blade user wearing the Tetsucabra armour, but I'm wondering if I should be thinking about upgrading my armour to something new.

Should I get the Gore Magala set?

I made the Rathalos set in 5* and that lasted me until I made the Monoblos set (Monoblos appears in 8*) and I'm still using that in 10*.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
so quick question, is there a trick to melding talismans / items?

Is there a way to meld talismans in a way where you can influence the outcome? I have so goddamn many gunner talismans and I just wanna meld them but I dont know if I'm setting myself up for disaster doing that.

I've never bothered to meld items so I have no idea if there is a way to exploit that to get hilarious results.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I really need 3 Toxin Sac, can anyone jump online and help me get these quick?
I suck at capturing monsters, gotta work on that. But I want this damn weapon tonight.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I don't know which Seregios weapon to go for..been maining CB but I eventually want to make a good set of duals

The seregios dual blades are the worst of the bunch. You don't roll enough per swing, you will chew through the sharpness in seconds.

The best seregios weapons are the Light bowgun, the greatsword and the gunlance, the hammer, hunting horn and the sword and shield are the next best.

I wouldn't really make any of the others.

Cerity

goddamn I love the nerscylla CB, it sounds like a light/beam saber and on top of that it's got white sharpness and ridiculous positive affinity.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
goddamn I love the nerscylla CB, it sounds like a light/beam saber and on top of that it's got white sharpness and ridiculous positive affinity.

Lucky! I'm trying to get it but I kinda suck. Can't get these toxin sacs

Asking one last time, before I make my decision lol

Wide-range or Speed Sharpener for SnS?

Other current skills:
Trap Master
Capture Guru
Critical Eye+1
Poison Negate (Only if Speed Sharpener route)

The seregios dual blades are the worst of the bunch. You don't roll enough per swing, you will chew through the sharpness in seconds.

The best seregios weapons are the Light bowgun, the greatsword and the gunlance, the hammer, hunting horn and the sword and shield are the next best.

I wouldn't really make any of the others.

Might go for the hammer then since I need a decent one of those. Thank you for the heads up!

Tenbatsu

Asking one last time, before I make my decision lol

Wide-range or Speed Sharpener for SnS?

Other current skills:
Trap Master
Capture Guru
Critical Eye+1
Poison Negate (Only if Speed Sharpener route)
You can get random speed sharpener by eating felyne food before a quest FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom