• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bento

Minimum is the lowest, as I recall. It's usually overkill for anything other than explosive shots or status 2 shots though.
Okay, trying to use Rapid Fire Pierce 2 with minimum (Thundacrus, Silencer and Recoil +2) but getting quite the recoil, so I guess that shot type just ain't that great with LBG?

Okay, trying to use Rapid Fire Pierce 2 with minimum (Thundacrus, Silencer and Recoil +2) but getting quite the recoil, so I guess that shot type just ain't that great with LBG?

Pierce 2 just has insane recoil (same with Clust and a few others) - it's a very strong shot, so I'd guess they do that to balance it out.

tuffy

Rapid fire isn't affected by recoil skills or a silencer at all; it has a fixed recoil based on the shot. It's a potent shot type, but it's going to leave you open a long time when using it.

stupei

Between this and using a computer all day at work, I'm actually starting to feel it in my wrist and feel like I should take a break from playing tonight... but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to.

High rank is kicking my butt. Half of it, i think, is people just not having high rank armor. But even then, it's a drastic increase in damage and tempo for sure. I spent 45 minutes fighting narscylla the other day and about ran out of mega potions, honey, then mega potions again.

All right, I know I asked this before, but I'm still curious:

The guild quests. The more you play one, the higher the level is. The higher the level, the tougher the monster. Does that mean better rewards? Like, say I just played Velocidrome over and over, would I eventually get HR rewards for it?

Kazerei

Banned
Where can I find a G Rank Velocidrome? I need a Velocidrom Hardclaw to upgrade my weapon. Do I need to level up a Guild Quest?

Kyzon

The guild quests. The more you play one, the higher the level is. The higher the level, the tougher the monster. Does that mean better rewards? Like, say I just played Velocidrome over and over, would I eventually get HR rewards for it?

Nah, you find stronger monsters as y ou complete quests, but a level 2 monster will always be a level 2 monster. If you find the same thing in like high rank it will be stronger though.

If I understand your question properly, lol

ilium

At level 30 guild quests become HR. Not sure about G rank.

Got a Worn Gunlance from an Ancient Shard last night. The upgrade options are so good later on. The Dragon, Fire or Ice version of the final upgrade has great stats.

Nah, you find stronger monsters as y ou complete quests, but a level 2 monster will always be a level 2 monster. If you find the same thing in like high rank it will be stronger though.

If I understand your question properly, lol
He's talking about registered quests, not gathering hall or village.

Yes, at certain increments they get harder and you start getting higher ranked rewards.

Assault

Yes, the rewards and difficulty increase as you go on.

Kinsei

Banned
They actually made Crimson Fatalis fun to fight! That's surprising to me since the three Fatalis' were some of my least favorite monsters in the series. I must say it's really satisfying to mount her head and start stabbing her in the skull.

I've now done every caravan quest and made every charge blade you can make without going to the guild hall!

jorgejjvr

Yes

Yes it is

Hunting season is back in force baby!

And this is my first (real) MH game, I started Tri but it just did not stick with me. Glad I gave this game a chance, i dont know what it is, but there's something about it, I'm sitting at work thinking of what to do when i get home..

MH4 just really did a better job to guide me throw it, and once in, you cannot go out, having the time of my life. One of the most fun online experiences ive had with any game as well. Oh and no weapon stuck to me in Tri, but the insect glaive seems like it was meant for me in this one

They actually made Crimson Fatalis fun to fight! That's surprising to me since the three Fatalis' were some of my least favorite monsters in the series. I must say it's really satisfying to mount her head and start stabbing her in the skull.

I've now done every caravan quest and made every charge blade you can make without going to the guild hall!

Wow, that's awesome Kinsei! Congrats! It'd be such a cool "completionist" feeling to have all those gold check marks. How many hours do you have in the game now?

Kinsei

Banned
Wow, that's awesome Kinsei! Congrats! It'd be such a cool "completionist" feeling to have all those gold check marks. How many hours do you have in the game now?

I think it's around 64 hours. The last time I started the game it was around 62 and then I played for 2 hours. I'll let you know the exact time the next time I play.

Verelios

And this is my first (real) MH game, I started Tri but it just did not stick with me. Glad I gave this game a chance, i dont know what it is, but there's something about it, I'm sitting at work thinking of what to do when i get home..

MH4 just really did a better job to guide me throw it, and once in, you cannot go out, having the time of my life. One of the most fun online experiences ive had with any game as well. Oh and no weapon stuck to me in Tri, but the insect glaive seems like it was meant for me in this one
Insect Glaive really is the standout weapon this time. Charge Blade seemed like a nice addition but I've never enjoyed managing transformations like with the Charge Axe.

Still rocking GJaggi armour at Rank 6. Things...are getting a little dicey. Wanted to charge to Rank 10 with this set but it looks aggravating.

jorgejjvr

Insect Glaive really is the standout weapon this time. Charge Blade seemed like a nice addition but I've never enjoyed managing transformations like with the Charge Axe.

Still rocking GJaggi armour at Rank 6. Things...are getting a little dicey. Wanted to charge to Rank 10 with this set but it looks aggravating.

caravan or guild?

Faiz

Second attempt at Shagaru Megala was a huge success. After triple carting on the first one, made the Gore/Cenataur sharpness +1 set. S Magala down in about 12 minutes, no carts, lots of supplies left, finished breaking the horns on the killing blow with a CB ultra burst.

MH, providing some of the most satisfying moments in video games for over a decade.

Synless

I would, but I'm just a lowly hr2... 😞

That said, how can I get some new stuff for my palico? I made a new character and it erased all my mario stuff. When does materials come in play to improve him.

Kinsei

Banned
I would, but I'm just a lowly hr2... ��

That said, how can I get some new stuff for my palico? I made a new character and it erased all my mario stuff. When does materials come in play to improve him.

You need to save the Meownster Hunters. To do that you need to beat the 5* caravan Zamtrios quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom