• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kensuke

I've been trading with people online and now I have a pretty good list of Guild Quests.

Velocidrome Lv 86
Yian Garuga Lv 101
Ruby Basarios Lv 98
Gore Magala Lv 107
Kirin Lv 11

I guess I need to start grinding.

Comandr

GAF! My buddy and I are having a hell of a time with Guild 5 Advanced: Frenzied Foe!

Please come help. :)

28-9567-4025-3351

Shengar

What's the best way to get nova crystals?

1. Eat Drink+Fish to gets you Felyne Explorer
2. Take Zamite Fight quest in guild hall
3. Mine until all resource node exhausted
4. Repeat until you get all the crystal

Killing the 20 zamites is a chore, but at least you could use your gathering set here if you had one.

I've been trading with people online and now I have a pretty good list of Guild Quests.

Velocidrome Lv 86
Yian Garuga Lv 101
Ruby Basarios Lv 98
Gore Magala Lv 107
Kirin Lv 11

Can I get that Velocidrom? Might hit G Rank soon with only Ukanlos in the way.
Also Yian Garuga G Rank lol

Garou

Velocidrome Lv 86
Yian Garuga Lv 101
Ruby Basarios Lv 98
Gore Magala Lv 107
Kirin Lv 11

Remember that those are all B-tier monsters, so even if you level those quests to Max Lvl you likely won't get the best weapon/armor-loot.

Shengar

Start --> Guild Quests --> Send

And hopefully the other guy gives you a cool one too. :p

Sure. If you're online join my room. 27-1657-3889-1941
It's full :(
I shouldn't go to toilet back then
Tenderiser
Sharpness
Fire attack
Etc something of the sort
Plus it's 81+ defense and all your items is by hunting him, except some nova crystal

So HR7 anyone? Grind silver Rathalos?

I'm down. While the skill isn't too nice, I still need his part for Silver Prominence and the armor itself looks pretty cool, a must have for me.

oakenhild

I just solo'd nerscylla to make it to HR2. That was rewarding. I'm sure it's been done a lot by experienced MH'ers (my first MH) but it was pretty great to see that mission complete at the end.

jorgejjvr

Great thanks!!! 41-6870-2332-2640

Feel free to join guys!

I know this one is late but would also like to hunt a Seltas since he makes a fine weapon

ramyeon

It doesn't even need to be an Elder Dragon: Kirin Sub, Diablos Sub, Zinogre Sub and Deviljho (among others) are also A-tier.
Kirin and Oroshi Kirin are Elder Dragons, aren't they?

Would love to get the Kirin and Oroshi Kirin Guild Quests, although I'm unfortunately stuck at work at the moment haha.

Gibbo

question about armour. Should i always maintain a complete armour set? Or can i switch to say..a higher level helmet from a different armour set.

Fandangox

question about armour. Should i always maintain a complete armour set? Or can i switch to say..a higher level helmet from a different armour set.

Early game is better to just have a complete set, on late highrank or G its better to start creating a mixed set with different gems so one can get the skills they want.

Neol

Quick question for all you vets out there.

Is it worth investing in some Powercharms or is it just a waste of money?

Kinsei

Banned
Quick question for all you vets out there.

Is it worth investing in some Powercharms or is it just a waste of money?

You can only hold one at a time so buy two. They are worth it, especially when you have the powercharm and then powertalon.

Gibbo

Early game is better to just have a complete set, on late highrank or G its better to start creating a mixed set with different gems so one can get the skills they want.

Ok got It.

Anyway just about to get my hands dirty in 5 stars quests, using the Tetsucbra armour set. What would be a good upgrade at that point?

Fandangox

Does anyone want to help me with my HR6 urgent.

52-4330-3150-0607

No Passcode, didn't even create this room, just stumbled upon it, but no one stays :C

Just getting into this game for the first time. Took down Great Jaggi right before my 3DS ran out of juice.

I think one of the main things I'm having trouble with is item management. Mostly because I've been throwing things in the box so I can go out and do quests.

Just getting into this game for the first time. Took down Great Jaggi right before my 3DS ran out of juice.

I think one of the main things I'm having trouble with is item management. Mostly because I've been throwing things in the box so I can go out and do quests.

20 Whetstones
10 Potions
5 Mega Pickaxes
5 Megabugnets
Paintballs
Traps
Tranqs
Steaks

All you need, really.

Madouu

So Najarala was an interesting fight, bug staff lets you get out of the surrounding attempts pretty easily, but I did fail two jumps in a row by pressing R during the jump which resulted in me getting carted. I felt like dying to a Goomba
cBj1LTf.png

Ended up getting my revenge in style though right after, jumping attack for the finisher, always the best.

What I usually do is have potions, mega potions, steaks, whetstones, paintballs, pickaxes and nets always on me, lets me have 3 pages + of free inventory slots which is usually enough for whatever items you find along the way. And then you add in situational items such as antidotes or traps depending on the quest.

At the end of a successful mission, it's always the same ritual for me, head to the box to store surplus items, save, and then check out the new available quests, get the quest, eat a meal, and take the necessary items from the box before starting it.

If I want to go gathering or fishing, I just drop everything in the box and get old pickaxes/bugnets + the normal ones. If there's a monster along the way, I just dodge it.

I bought my new 3ds at target today, and picked up monster hunter at the toys r us (last copy)!

I'm so excited to play monster hunter again <3
I spent the night gathering and collecting, making sure I have sufficient supplies! Can't wait to play with you guys!

ramyeon

You guys have no idea how much I was internally yelling to lay off and let Dah'ren get closer. Lost 4 carves....
Hate it when this happens.

You really do need to let Dah'ren get closer to the ship in the second phase, otherwise you miss out on breaks on his head as well as carves sometimes.

VandalD

Make use of Item Sets. When you select one, all your other crap is auto deposited in your item box. I like to have to at least have an item set for trapping, a set for just killing easier monsters, and a very light item set for gathering. I very much wanted something like this in MH3, especially with your pouch being tied to gunner or blademaster in that game. It's great to have here.

Mr. Fix

A few questions!

1. Is there anything similar to the farming/fish NPCs from 3U in this game? I find myself needing Thunderbugs, Webs, and other things for Traps and Potions.

2. Do I have anything to gain from playing the single-player quests in the village? I'm guessing this is where I unlock guild/excavation quests?

3. I just hit high rank and I'm wondering what armor set should go for as a Lance-user.

Renewed

It happens. Basically you notice there's an invisible wall but Dah'ren can go beyond it so it makes it impossible to get the carves when he flinches behind there.

Guys what's is the best mining strategy at beginning of the game? What is the best quest to mine?

I'm to weak to fight Yian Kut-Ku but the amount of minerals I'm missing is just ridiculous.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yes, it could happen with Jhen in Tri series too. It's why you should sit back and let it approach the ship a bit, because smacking its arms is just going to make it flinch and / or retreat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom