• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finally got the actual game, some cool customizations here...I went with the cool one with the twig, and the hair that obscures my eyes.

But I'm sort of overwhelmed right now with all the stuff to do...what's the best stuff to focus on first, such as what I should focus on gathering?

thefil

Anyone know how to unlock the Dragon's Din quest in caravan 6*? I want to unlock the ability to trade for Diablos parts. I've been doing every 6* and lower quest I can to see if I can unlock it, but no dice. Nobody in any village has a yellow speech bubble that I can tell.

Here's the full list of 6* quests I've finished:

+ Two Live Crew
+ Egg-straction: Final Mission
+ Mistentoe Delivery
+ Arachnaphobia
+ Catch and Release
+ Fear Factor
+ See the Lightning
+ Crazy Stupid Love
+ Advanced: Heaven's Wheel
+ Advanced: Hell Hunters
+ Advanced: Predator into Prey
+ Advanced: Arachnaphobia

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally got the actual game, some cool customizations here...I went with the cool one with the twig, and the hair that obscures my eyes.

But I'm sort of overwhelmed right now with all the stuff to do...what's the best stuff to focus on first, such as what I should focus on gathering?

For the first few quests that are basically collecting, or slaying small monsters, I would wander the entire map and just clear all the gather points once. Ore and Honey especially, although you'll want Bugs and plants as well. Start to complete your Combo List (accessed from the box, or menu) to see what makes what and it'll give you an idea about what you want to collect more of. ie; Herb + Blue Mushroom makes Potion. And Honey+Potion makes Mega Potion. You should be able to afford to buy the Leather Armor set very soon in the game and it'll give you a couple good gathering skills you can use specifically for that purpose.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Anyone know how to unlock the Dragon's Din quest in caravan 6*? I want to unlock the ability to trade for Diablos parts. I've been doing every 6* and lower quest I can to see if I can unlock it, but no dice. Nobody in any village has a yellow speech bubble that I can tell.

+ Two Live Crew
+ Mistentoe Delivery
+ Arachnaphobia
+ Catch and Release
+ Fear Factor
+ See the Lightning
+ Crazy Stupid Love
I think it's the hunt with the Arena stage with Tigrex and S Zingore; Wycoon is the hunt asker.
edit: Wait I'm dumb, didn't answer your q

Leezard

Got an Earth dragongem for my final Dahren hunt to unlock the low-rank Kirin urgent. There sure are a lot of caravan 6 quests.

+ Two Live Crew
+ Mistentoe Delivery
+ Arachnaphobia
+ Catch and Release
+ Fear Factor
+ See the Lightning
+ Crazy Stupid Love

There's a few quests in Harth: One that is you fighting a Gendrome and a Khezu, and then one with Nerscylla and Gypceros. After you've done those two, the Quest lady will give you her own quest, which is to fight Brachydios. Finishing THAT will give you a SECOND Brachy quest, which is Dragon's Din.

VandalD

A few questions!

1. Is there anything similar to the farming/fish NPCs from 3U in this game? I find myself needing Thunderbugs, Webs, and other things for Traps and Potions.

2. Do I have anything to gain from playing the single-player quests in the village? I'm guessing this is where I unlock guild/excavation quests?

3. I just hit high rank and I'm wondering what armor set should go for as a Lance-user.
Doing the solo caravan stuff will unlock all your farming/fish equivalents in this game. Since you just hit high, start stomping on some Great Jaggis and wear them as armor. It's actually a really good place to start as a blademaster.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Can anyone help me get S.Queen Carapace? I want to lvl up my weapon.

PKrockin

A few questions!

1. Is there anything similar to the farming/fish NPCs from 3U in this game? I find myself needing Thunderbugs, Webs, and other things for Traps and Potions.

2. Do I have anything to gain from playing the single-player quests in the village? I'm guessing this is where I unlock guild/excavation quests?

3. I just hit high rank and I'm wondering what armor set should go for as a Lance-user.
1. The Wyporium--the trader--will take an item you have and multiply it.

2. Wyporium upgrades, cooking upgrades, caravan quest-exclusive monsters.

3. I just got to High Rank and I'm using Hermitaur armor. It has Guard +1 and Defense Up Small. I gemmed out the Thunder Resistance -1 and gemmed up to Guard +2 and Half Stun with a talisman.

Kensuke

Just got Rare 8 Dual Swords with +4 in edgemaster and they're even paralysis. Tempted to start using them, but I think I love the IG too much.

PKrockin

Holy crap Daimyo Hermitaur is an enormous douchebag in rage mode. Four side swipes in under 4 seconds locking me in block until my stamina completely drains. Then he continues to attack me twice giving me no time to sheathe my lance and no stamina to block or dodge. There are two perfectly good cats on the other side of you, you know. I bet they taste delicious.

Netto-kun

Guard pointing has to be the most satisfying thing in this game. I've been practicing and I've gotten a bit better

EDIT: How does he immediately do an AED while in sword mode?
I forgot the exact requirement for the instant AED, but I think it's something along the line of pressing X+A while your shield is charged and right after a guard (point).

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I created a full-set of Gore Magala Armor to upgrade from Tetsucabra, but it's worse. I upgraded it a bit, but it still has less defense and less life. I don't know if the -20 Fire Resistance is even worth it either. What the hell.

PKrockin

When do I get to fight Nargacuga? The invisible one from 3U spanked my ass so hard I almost can't wait to fight a frenzied one.

Xane

When do I get to fight Nargacuga? The invisible one from 3U spanked my ass so hard I almost can't wait to fight a frenzied one.

Nargacuga isn't in the game as a fightable monster. Its armor and weapons are though as its items are tradable via Wycoon.

PKrockin

Nargacuga isn't in the game as a fightable monster. Its armor and weapons are though as its items are tradable via Wycoon.

you don't. nargacuga is not in MH4U, you can get his armor through tradings party with wycoon though.
what the fuck

Oh but Cephadrome, we need that shithead back, don't want people having too much fun.

I'm glad at least Plesioth got an appropriate role in this game though.

Raide

Currently rocking the below as a Bow User.

•Kut-Ku Gunner Head
•Kut-Ku Chest
•Velociprey Arms
•Velociprey Waist
•Kut-Ku Legs

It seems way easier for blade users to pick a nice early set to use. Really having difficulty planning what I should be aiming for as I progress.

Any advice?

I think I spend more time getting the weapons and not getting the armour. :D

Apenheul

I finally bought MH4U. I was afraid that Freedom Wars spoiled my apetite for MH but it's actually the contrary; I'm more stoked than ever to return to MH.

Seil

Currently rocking the below as a Bow User.

•Kut-Ku Gunner Head
•Kut-Ku Chest
•Velociprey Arms
•Velociprey Waist
•Kut-Ku Legs

It seems way easier for blade users to pick a nice early set to use. Really having difficulty planning what I should be aiming for as I progress.

Any advice?

I think I spend more time getting the weapons and not getting the armour. :D

Yeah I dunno really what I'm looking for to go with my LBG either x.x I decided to give it a go yesterday and armor has me pretty baffled lol. For blademaster it's generally simple for me, but even after staring at sets and skills I dunno what the hell to do here.

Can't beat the Caravan Stygian Zinogre. I guess it's time to upgrade my armor, because I've been having trouble with the last few quests as well. Tetsucabra set, you will be missed.

Reknoc

For whatever reason HR Zamtrios has given me no end of grief, but I fought him anyway so I could get his fin+ for a new Glaive. Needed one fin so I gave him another fight and I was doing really well, hadn't carted once and I got him limping. Chase him into a cave and Deviljho is just chilling out there, which is the moment I realised that unstable wouldn't just spawn an area relevant monster like Khezu and Lagombi (this is the first time unstable has even spawned another monster for me). Thankfully he didn't notice me and we eventually moved the fight to the nest area away from the Deviljho. Fighting continues, Zamtrios puffs himself up and then "duhDUN" Deviljho pops in. Managed to finish of the Zamtrios while avoiding his rolls and Deviljho's assault. Still managed to do it without carting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom