• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
any g armor/weapons available in single player caravan? I'm at 10* I can't tell if they give you at least one monster or not
Just beat Shagaru Magala

Holy shit what a fight. Soooooo much better than cedaeus.
Shagaru Magala is the Lagiacrus fight. Ceadeus fight comes later~

wiibomb

I don't get why I've lost twice to Gog now; his attacks are easy to dodge (only with Reegios?) and the fight is simple; why do people keep dying?

May be its like molten tigrex, the thing is slow as fuck, but hits like a truck, 2 hits and you are done... Luck of being, I guess

any g armor/weapons available in single player caravan? I'm at 10* I can't tell if they give you at least one monster or not
Shagaru Magala is the Lagiacrus fight. Ceadeus fight comes later~

No, its really the ceadeus of this game, what you are talking is the ivory lagiacrus ;)

Anura

I don't get why I've lost twice to Gog now; his attacks are easy to dodge (only with Reegios?) and the fight is simple; why do people keep dying?

Randoms are bad. I farmed his armor with randoms, that was bad. Although, tbf if you get caught out you're dead. That shouldn't happen as much as it does though.

Edit: also molten tiggy is super fast when raged

Spades

Anyone want to help a novice hunter learn the ropes by hunting Great Jaggi a few times? I need to make some new armor after some advice I got in this thread last night before I start tackling some bigger things, so I need to get some Jaggi drops.

I really want to get good at this game, so would appreciate some online assistance! I'll be online in about 2 hours time if anyone fancies it?

bobohoro

any g armor/weapons available in single player caravan?

From what I gathered some Caravan G-Rank quests unlock after you've made it to G-Rank in the Guild. I think there is no way to get G-materials before, but don't quote me on that, I'm only halfway through 9* right now.

Raide

Anyone want to help a novice hunter learn the ropes by hunting Great Jaggi a few times? I need to make some new armor after some advice I got in this thread last night before I start tackling some bigger things, so I need to get some Jaggi drops.

I really want to get good at this game, so would appreciate some online assistance! I'll be online in about 2 hours time if anyone fancies it?

I will gladly help. When you start a room, just post the room ID and password.

Tbh, the thrill of MH is overcoming those challenges yourself and then moving on to the real meat. :D

Bastos

Monsters are balanced for 2.5 players.

Raw damage is king for hammers.
Ahh good to know. Thanks! :D

don't know what you mean by annoying exactlty, but P rathian is a annoying no matter who you bring with you. First learn that his bite sweeps his left (so run left to his right side) and his tail swipe sweeps his right (so run right to his left side)

now more accurate than ever thans to the n3ds improvments
Annoying because its hits hurt a lot, the poison is stronger and I always get locked because of the wing flapping, landing or screaming, then she just proceeds to: a) Run me over; b) Tail-spin my face; c) Poison my ass.

I know the windows for hitting her face (I play with GS and Hammer), but after that she screams or do any of the above things and I get rekt. She's dead already but god damn. I'm hunting her just like I hunt normal Rathian, maybe that's why I'm failing.

No, its really the ceadeus of this game, what you are talking is the ivory lagiacrus ;)
bleh, I knew I was going to be wrong midpost but I still posted it anyways, thanks for the clarification
Annoying because its hits hurt a lot, the poison is stronger and I always get locked because of the wing flapping, landing or screaming, then she just proceeds to: a) Run me over; b) Tail-spin my face; c) Poison my ass.

I know the windows for hitting her face (I play with GS and Hammer), but after that she screams or do any of the above things and I get rekt. She's dead already but god damn. I'm hunting her just like I hunt normal Rathian, maybe that's why I'm failing.
yup that's pink rathian. same deal will happen with a different colored rathlos (don't hunt it like you would a normal rathlos
not like you can anyways since that fucker is in the air 99% of the time
)

Ugh. G-rank players are incompetent and/or cunts. Got kicked when looking for a Kushala Daora game, TWICE. I'm G2, sure, but I have killed a few before, and pull my own weight in the process.

And then, there are the people who don't realise not to roll if hit by Seregios projectiles. And then, the worst of all... Gore Magala armour.

As in, standard.

In G-Rank.

Blergh. It's starting to put a damper on my experience.

Pink Rathian's a great Subspecies to Rathian, 'cause it's so different that you do have to change your fighting style to be more cautious than usual. It's the same story with the Rathalos Subspecies (in that you need to change your fighting style). Equipment's generally superior, though.

There is a final, tougher subspecies still!

JimPanzer

Ugh. G-rank players are incompetent and/or cunts. Got kicked when looking for a Kushala Daora game, TWICE. I'm G2, sure, but I have killed a few before, and pull my own weight in the process.

And then, there are the people who don't realise not to roll if hit by Seregios projectiles. And then, the worst of all... Gore Magala armour.

As in, standard.

In G-Rank.

not sure, but I think you need to be G3 to join the kushala quest

Kinsei

Banned

As in, standard.

In G-Rank.

What? How did they even make it that far in low rank armor? One solid hit by a fire attack in the HR5 quests and higher would probably one-shot them.

Bastos

bleh, I knew I was going to be wrong midpost but I still posted it anyways, thanks for the clarificationyup that's pink rathian. same deal will happen with a different colored rathlos (don't hunt it like you would a normal rathlos
not like you can anyways since that fucker is in the air 99% of the time
)
Yeah, I heard that about Azure Los, will bring 500 Sonic/Flash Bombs to the hunt =p

Salaadin

Did they juice up Pink Rathian or something? She's a lot tougher than I remember. Spams that side tail swipe a lot too. Burned thru so many antidotes

not sure, but I think you need to be G3 to join the kushala quest

Nope, only G1. And I done fine. But of course, 'Looking for Experts!' translates to 'Looking for fellow elitist pricks like myself!'

What? How did they even make it that far in low rank armor? One solid hit by a fire attack in the HR5 quests and higher would probably one-shot them.

I'm not sure. I've also had many incidents of people lurking in the base camp for entire quests, only joining the hunt when the monster is near dead. Perhaps they tie into each other. They simply must be far too reliant on others.

Anura

Nope, only G1. And I done fine. But of course, 'Looking for Experts!' translates to 'Looking for fellow elitist pricks like myself!'

I'm not sure. I've also had many incidents of people lurking in the base camp for entire quests, only joining the hunt when the monster is near dead. Perhaps they tie into each other. They simply must be far too reliant on others.
Going from my experience of playing the original tri 'looking for experts' translates into 'I'm bad and need people to carry me'.

And I hate 4's community... It's so bad. Almost as bad as the original Tri. I don't even know why... 3U's was amazing

Pics_nao

20+ pink rathians and not a single Ruby. I got them like clockwork on my other character when I couldn't care any less for them...

Fucking Desire sensor.

Highwind

Just got this after a Chaos Gore (also got the Contrary Scale l I was looking for).

Evasion +6
Sharpner +10
No Slots.

Not bad but bummed about the no slots.

tuffy

It's hard to find any good high rank HBG sets to go for. I've just been throwing a lot of spheres into my sad lobster/narga mix with a blademaster helm and that's been enough for me to take some hits, but I'm afraid that may have to hold me until G rank unless a good Evade Dist charm turns up.

Salaadin

Just got this after a Chaos Gore (also got the Contrary Scale l I was looking for).

Evasion +6
Sharpner +10
No Slots.

Not bad but bummed about the no slots.

I'd sell my soul for a talisman like that. You're bummed about it!? Here, you can have one of my Gathering+4 talismans! How about Speedsetup+7? Take it!

Highwind

I'd sell my soul for a talisman like that. You're bummed about it!? Here, you can have one of my Gathering+4 talismans! How about Speedsetup+7? Take it!

=P I like my slots.

Though I'm glad I can finally get rid of this god awful slow sharpening on Regios X now and even bump Evasion up to 2.

Or I might gem in Challenger +2....don't know yet.

TheGrue

I came to the realization that weapons I thought were doing element damage aren't because the number is grayed out. Perhaps they should make that clear somewhere? :(

Tom_Cody

20+ pink rathians and not a single Ruby. I got them like clockwork on my other character when I couldn't care any less for them...

Fucking Desire sensor.
What rank are you facing them on? Regardless, it is an extremely rare drop.

I don't know if this is helpful to you, but on High Rank there is only a 1% chance of getting them from a tail carve and a 2% chance from wounding their head. Even if you wound their head and carve the tale on every kill, there is still only a ~45% chance of getting a Rathian Ruby on a run of 20 kills.

For G Rank, the Rathian Ruby only comes from carving the tail. There is a 6% chance of getting one from a single tail carve, or ~70% chance of getting one on 20 kills.

Salaadin

=P I like my slots.

Though I'm glad I can finally get rid of this god awful slow sharpening on Regios X now and even bump Evasion up to 2.

Or I might gem in Challenger +2....don't know yet.

Lol. I hear ya.

I find myself becoming increasingly frustrated with the talismans. If I ever get anything good, it's nothing I'll ever use but most of the time, it's just crap after crap. I wish there was a way to lock yourself into certain stats or at least blademaster-centric stats.

I feel like I'm never going to get anything good and will just rock auto guard until the day I die.

Demoli

May be its like molten tigrex, the thing is slow as fuck, but hits like a truck, 2 hits and you are done... Luck of being, I guess

I'd like to fight that m tigrex then, mine is in rage 24/7 and is crazy fast

Faiz

I came to the realization that weapons I thought were doing element damage aren't because the number is grayed out. Perhaps they should make that clear somewhere? :(

The number greyed out as opposed to the standard being lit up in white isn't clear that it isn't activated? That seems pretty logical and even common to me.

Yrael

Yeah, I can't imagine getting through HR without making a HR armour now...even a Great Jaggi high rank armour is making a difference.

Going from my experience of playing the original tri 'looking for experts' translates into 'I'm bad and need people to carry me'.

And I hate 4's community... It's so bad. Almost as bad as the original Tri. I don't even know why... 3U's was amazing

Much like the SCHTACK server for Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst, smaller communities tend to be more polite and helpful (at least in my experience). ;(

What rank are you facing them on? Regardless, it is an extremely rare drop.

I don't know if this is helpful to you, but on High Rank there is only a 1% chance of getting them from a tail carve and a 2% chance from wounding their head. Even if you wound their head and carve the tale on every kill, there is still only a ~45% chance of getting a Rathian Ruby on a run of 20 kills.

For G Rank, the Rathian Ruby only comes from carving the tail. There is a 6% chance of getting one from a single tail carve, or ~70% chance of getting one on 20 kills.
Is it really 45% chance over 20 runs? Wouldn't the percent stay at 1% and 2% every time?

Mupod

It's hard to find any good high rank HBG sets to go for. I've just been throwing a lot of spheres into my sad lobster/narga mix with a blademaster helm and that's been enough for me to take some hits, but I'm afraid that may have to hold me until G rank unless a good Evade Dist charm turns up.

Just gotta pray for a charm. I was about to give up and go back to Lagombi when I found a +4 evade dist 2 slot charm. Just enough to make any set work and I've been rocking rath soul for a while.

These rare 7 sets seem interesting in that they have double the defense of my current gear, though. I don't NEED to farm one up before moving on to G, but I might. I might also get gold check marks on every single level of caravan quests too. I just beat Molten Tigrex but there's still many monsters I haven't seen yet, mainly elder dragons.

Part of me wants to rush to G so my farming isn't a waste of time, I guess. Bloodborne is on its way, after all. But I know I'll max out my character and get bored again, so I'll take my time like I did with MHFU. It took me well over a year to be done with that game.

wiibomb

I'd like to fight that m tigrex then, mine is in rage 24/7 and is crazy fast

oh well, I fought it once, and it was super slow, but I know that if it enrages it will go really faster..

it's just that the one I fought did not entered in rage too quickly..

and well... there was a bloodbath with it not enraged

PKrockin

Same. I'm still rocking Jaggi S. I might end up forging the Pink Rathian set since I happen to have all the materials, gemming in Evasion, pretending I'm fashion hunting, and calling it a day.

Just fought HR Kehzu for the first time last night as a gunner. I have a decent mixed set of Rathalos/Blue Yian Kut Ku armor for Attack Up, Fire Atk Up and Expert (For my Rathling Doombringer - Rapid Firing Normal and Fire shots). They're all upgraded as best as I can.

HOLY cow. I was rocking it for a while, then I got out of position and hit by an electric shot. Went from 150 health to almost dead.
The dude is easy to dodge, but I ended up being carted twice because of just the insane damage he did. Was not ready for that!

TheGrue

The number greyed out as opposed to the standard being lit up in white isn't clear that it isn't activated? That seems pretty logical and even common to me.

Now that I saw a number could be grayed out or not, yes, but when I had only seen grayed out numbers, I just figured the font color was gray for the number. It makes sense after the fact, but I've wasted some time. They don't even mention in the game that there is a concept of awakening a weapon.

I'm not entirely sure how you unlock arena quests and can't find a definitive answer. Do I just need to do caravan quests that have bubbles or do gathering hall quests unlock them?

bobohoro

Did they juice up Pink Rathian or something? She's a lot tougher than I remember. Spams that side tail swipe a lot too. Burned thru so many antidotes

Armour skill poison negate is so nice for anything Rath. Seriously, I would advise anyone to get the Nescy armour for those things at LR/HR, since it also comes with capture guru which will also help in getting plates/rubys. And it looks amazing. Easy to craft as well.

Low Fire Res hurts it, but avoiding fireballs isn't that much of a problem and you can just eat fore Felyne Firestarter.

Is it more common for people to wear what they like and not gear up and make armor for battles specific conditions?

Fashion Hunter is certainly a thing and easy enough to get by with in LR. Later on you can still gem in a few skills with the right talisman and get your prefered look. But you should be able to carry your own weight while doing that, nobody will aplaud anyone for looking good while carting thrice.

This game really works well with 3D, some of the monsters look incredible on the N3DSXL.

Is there any way to get more Super Mushrooms right now? Outside of the DLC Gift.

wiibomb

guys, as I posted on the B/S/T thread, I this so bad if anyone just doesn't care:

I'm trying to find someone to buy the Seregios/Gore Magala theme that is free with the purchase of the digital version of MH4U in US/NA, I have the n3DS system with the game preinstalled and NoA being NoA just decided to exclude us with no other way of getting it since we already have the game "purchased"

Alric

Does anyone know if charms are in brackets like mh3u? Meaning, if you got bad luck, you're in a bracket that can't get certain good charms?

bobohoro

So many disconnects. Pretty much had to solo Chaotic Gore.

Dropping it was pretty satisfying though

I experienced a rise in disconnects as well over the last week. Had no trouble before, but it become more common for whole rooms to just dissolve without prior problems like serious lagging or stuff. Kinda annoying.

Does anyone know if charms are in brackets like mh3u? Meaning, if you got bad luck, you're in a bracket that can't get certain good charms?

There are still charm tables, but all of them are bigger, more balanced and reroll every time you load up your character (or game?) so you can't mess that up anymore like in MH3U.

PKrockin

Just fought HR Kehzu for the first time last night as a gunner. I have a decent mixed set of Rathalos/Blue Yian Kut Ku armor for Attack Up, Fire Atk Up and Expert (For my Rathling Doombringer - Rapid Firing Normal and Fire shots). They're all upgraded as best as I can.

HOLY cow. I was rocking it for a while, then I got out of position and hit by an electric shot. Went from 150 health to almost dead.
The dude is easy to dodge, but I ended up being carted twice because of just the insane damage he did. Was not ready for that!
Yeah the only challenge in fighting Khezu is you might get so bored and distracted you might actually get hit by the triple lightning ball which often combos to cart.

Salaadin

I'm finding myself hardly ready for anything HR. I really need to alter my play style or grasp these monsters attack projections a little better.

I'm winning but it hardly feels good when you finish a fight completely potionless

I read that they are but you aren't locked in this time. Your bracket changes each time to exit the game.

ilium

those arena quests in the guild hall where you have to do them with predefined equipment, are those solo only or can you do them with a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom