• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

I can't understand people glossing though the text. I read everything EVERYTHING I even go out of the way to talk to some characters if I think they're going to have something new to say.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Already experienced this side of things since I played gunner in tandem and they need more help.

The game only lets you carry a small handful, which means you only get a handful of hits, which means you have to craft more because monsters have so much HP and defense now, which means crafting them on the fly in a mission, which means more wiki referencing and harvesting/wycoon and other stuff, and it is all terribly arbitrary.

It's not fun to me. I guess if you only cared about the monster going down, and got massive satisfaction from seeing it do so, or were like the super hardcore obsessives who go for best times and everything, it would be good. That's not me. I like a particular feeling that gameplay gets me in the heat of battle, and this game stopped offering that and put waiting and chores in it's stead.

Are you a gunner in the game then ? Have you tried any of the melee weapons ? I find my enjoyment of this game is very dependent on the weapon I'm using. Trying various weapon until I find one that I feel comfortable and fun to use. That is the most important aspect of this game because if you're not having fun hunting, then what's the point, right ? Maybe you just don't like the gunner gameplay. Try Sword & Shield and learn to drop bombs and traps that can take down monsters literally in minutes from I've just witnessed yesterday. Try Charge Blade, Insect Glaves, Long Sword... etc. They all fight so differently that it completely changes the gameplay. Do those weapon training quests in 1 star and also read up on Weapon Control in your Hunter's Note.

Yeah, I can definitely understand people glossing over text and not noticing these things. The only thing I could imagine them doing to help people not miss these things is to either highlight keywords, like you said, or force people to meld a talisman before moving on.

Aren't the important things in the dialog highlighted in red text?

Unicorn

Aren't the important things in the dialog highlighted in red text?
Yes, and they chime. Lol

If I was forced to meld first I would have at least known he was a thing and what he did. I do hate he and the rust cleaner are in different towns though. There's enough load times as it is. Why split these into other towns?

Wookieomg

Looking to knock out the HR5 quests.. I'm a completionist so I'm wanting to do em all, not just keys. If anyone else wants to join me, feel free!

Gathering Hall ID: 12-0689-3293-9165
PW: 1379

First time trying to group with gaffers. :) I'd prefer other peeps be HR5 as well.. Really don't wanna be rushed by someone with OP gear. Thanks!

Scher

Yes, and they chime. Lol

Oh, wait, I guess I read that wrong. Not sure how I never noticed that they are highlighted and all that. I always make sure to read everything, but I never noticed a different color and I never have the sound up very high, so I never heard anything.

la_briola

Looking to knock out the HR5 quests.. I'm a completionist so I'm wanting to do em all, not just keys. If anyone else wants to join me, feel free!

Gathering Hall ID: 12-0689-3293-9165
PW: 1379

First time trying to group with gaffers. :) I'd prefer other peeps be HR5 as well.. Really don't wanna be rushed by someone with OP gear. Thanks!

They can just use rank appropriate gear and play with you, that's the beauty of Monster Hunter! You can always go back and/or gimp yourself.

Vire

Yeah HR should not be that tedious so all I can say is maybe you are approaching the game too carefully? Like you should trying be making your own openings to unload you big combos on the monsters even when they are enraged instead of waiting for them to do it for you. How long is each solo hunt taking you? If its more then 10-15 mins then you probably could improve that.

Its never been easier now with mounting. Its like the difference between a basketball player who can only score the ball when someone passes to him and he has an open shot vs the guy who is double teamed but can make it an open shot himself. Maybe you aren't using your whole tool kit. It could also be since it seems like you are a gunner that you are not doing most of your shots in crit range too so you are losing a ton of damage.

You can trip monster by aiming for their feet, you can KO monsters by doing impact damage to their heads. You can use status weapons and ammo to create a moment that they get stunned. Flash Bombs or Sonic bombs can also create huge openings. You can use your traps to guarantee periods where you can beat on them. Use status meats on certain monster as well. Its not all about just sitting back and then poking them after each animation recovery period.

Edit: This isnt even counting the extra things your palico's can do to create openings.

Reknoc

Yes, and they chime. Lol

If I was forced to meld first I would have at least known he was a thing and what he did. I do hate he and the rust cleaner are in different towns though. There's enough load times as it is. Why split these into other towns?

Yea, that's annoying, why can't little miss forge learn how to clean rust

If you're not careful he'll Kecha so make sure you Wacha for his attacks.
N7VJYVR.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
In HR this shouldn't be a problem. What specific hunts/monsters are you having issues with? Is it every monster now? That would be a sure sign that it isn't an item deficit, nor a monster having too much health problem, but that your gear or "skill" isn't up to snuff. If it is a specific hunt, or hunts, then we can help you with this feeling of "padded challenge."

I'm not disagreeing or discrediting that you may have burnout after 100+ hours in < 2 weeks. That's legitimate, surely, but I feel that burnout from the game feeling unfair may not be the primary cause.
It is every monster. They are all familiar monsters, too. I'm fighting the same shit I just fought, only in HR versions, and it's just "god, it's so annoying now" even when it's a hunt-a-thon where I kill 5-6 of them in 30 minutes before getting bored out of my mind. Challenge has nothing to do with tedium other than if you start taking too many risks because it has bored you into desperation. Still, the more deadly ones, like say Zinogre, are much more annoying than a Tetsucabra or something. I'm convinced that no set of secrets is going to make that fun, it's only going to make success more simple.

And that's something very important to note, as almost everyone in any discussion about any game seems to get caught up in the notion that fun is winning and winning in itself is the fun, and thus don't get me. I have always disagreed with that notion and my criticisms of games have rarely been based on a connection between those two. I'm talking about a certain feeling, a balance, a dance. A sense of connection where even your failures feel alive and losing is a glorious witness of your opponent, something that can even exist in platforming as you "battle the level" in some sense. On harder levels this game is much more about exploits in both directions. It's boring.

If I need "better gear" well you get that by farming all this shit, which is just a bunch of gameplay I don't enjoy to attempt "fixing" some other "goal" gameplay I am not enjoying to maybe make it enjoyable, which I should never have to do in a game, and then if I succeed I'll also lose my sharpness+1 because it doesn't exist in other armor for a long while, so unless major sacrifices and/or charm farming is put in (which is even more chores), I'll take one pain in the ass out and get sword-bouncing pain in the ass added in. And what happens if there is a way to circumvent that still? Progress quickly, and then the next set of harder monsters require it all over again.

As I said, the ratios have gone off the rails, in battle and in balance of prep to progress. "Doing it right" is not something that makes fun happen, it only makes progress happen at the fastest rate, and there is so much chore and study associated that it wears out it's welcome with me. Multiplayer probably does make it better, but I'm not much more multiplayer, especially as limited as it is on 3DS. I could enjoy a communal sense in gaming together with others much better on PC, with screen and controller astronomically better.

Getting a powerful new piece of armor should feel like a reward for something. Fighting a challenging foe to get a boost in defence feels right. And when you get a new piece of armor, a good one, you really don't 'just scrape by' for a while. It should be good enough for you to feel a new sense of comfort for some tiers of monsters.
It doesn't. Like, my Ceanataur Armor, which I had to kill a bunch of Najarala to get. It gave a new sense of comfort fighting Najarala, and anything past that the difference is negligible. I have poured armor spheres galore into it, but I fight a Purple Gypceros, which actually seems to attack half as much as a normal LR Gypceros, and even with armorcharm and eating for defense one solid hit takes off 1/2 my HP. Is that "a new sense of comfort for some tiers of monsters" or is it shifting battle to more caution, more tedium, more exploitation? Seeing as how the original Gypceros, when I had much shittier armor, needed three times as many hits to scare me off, I'd say the latter.

Are you a gunner in the game then ? Have you tried any of the melee weapons ? I find my enjoyment of this game is very dependent on the weapon I'm using. Trying various weapon until I find one that I feel comfortable and fun to use. That is the most important aspect of this game because if you're not having fun hunting, then what's the point, right ? Maybe you just don't like the gunner gameplay. Try Sword & Shield and learn to drop bombs and traps that can take down monsters literally in minutes from I've just witnessed yesterday. Try Charge Blade, Insect Glaves, Long Sword... etc. They all fight so differently that it completely changes the gameplay. Do those weapon training quests in 1 star and also read up on Weapon Control in your Hunter's Note.
I said "in tandem" meaning together with LS, which is by far the best melee for me.

Leezard

They should have dumped Gravios/Black Gravios and put like Agnaktor back in with new moves. : <

I liked fighting Agnaktor. I just didn't like having to break all four of his claws to have a chance to get his claws as loot. :(

He's much cooler than the Gravios brothers.

Unicorn

It is every monster. They are all familiar monsters, too. I'm fighting the same shit I just fought, only in HR versions, and it's just "god, it's so annoying now" even when it's a hunt-a-thon where I kill 5-6 of them in 30 minutes before getting bored out of my mind. Challenge has nothing to do with tedium other than if you start taking too many risks because it has bored you into desperation. Still, the more deadly ones, like say Zinogre, are much more annoying than a Tetsucabra or something. I'm convinced that no set of secrets is going to make that fun, it's only going to make success more simple.

And that's something very important to note, as almost everyone in any discussion about any game seems to get caught up in the notion that fun is winning and winning in itself is the fun, and thus don't get me. I have always disagreed with that notion and my criticisms of games have rarely been based on a connection between those two. I'm talking about a certain feeling, a balance, a dance. A sense of connection where even your failures feel alive and losing is a glorious witness of your opponent, something that can even exist in platforming as you "battle the level" in some sense. On harder levels this game is much more about exploits in both directions. It's boring.

If I need "better gear" well you get that by farming all this shit, which is just a bunch of gameplay I don't enjoy to attempt "fixing" some other "goal" gameplay I am not enjoying to maybe make it enjoyable, which I should never have to do in a game, and then if I succeed I'll also lose my sharpness+1 because it doesn't exist in other armor for a long while, so unless major sacrifices and/or charm farming is put in (which is even more chores), I'll take one pain in the as out and get sword-bouncing pain in the ass added in. And what happens if there is a way to circumvent that still? Progress quickly, and then the next set of harder monsters require it all over again.

As I said, the ratios have gone off the rails, in battle and in balance of prep to progress. "Doing it right" is not something that makes fun happen, it only makes progress happen at the fastest rate, and there is so much chore and study associated that it wears out it's welcome with me. Multiplayer probably does make it better, but I'm not much more multiplayer, especially as limited as it is on 3DS. I could enjoy a communal sense in gaming together with others much better on PC, with screen and controller astronomically better.

It doesn't. Like, my Ceanataur Armor, which I had to kill a bunch of Najarala to get. It gave a new sense of comfort fighting Najarala, and anything past that the difference is negligible. I have poured armor spheres galore into it, but I fight a Purple Gypceros, which actually seems to attack half as much as a normal LR Gypceros, and even with armorcharm and eating for defense one solid hit takes off 1/2 my HP. Is that "a new sense of comfort for some tiers of monsters" or is it shifting battle to more caution, more tedium, more exploitation? Seeing as how the original Gypceros, when I had much shittier armor, needed three times as many hits to scare me off, I'd say the latter.

I said "in tandem" meaning together with LS, which is by far the best melee for me.

Huntathons only require you to kill 2. A ticket pops in the blue chest at camp that you can turn into the red chest to end the quest. Also, just stick to Key Quests if repetition is wearing on you (provided you can complete the missions).

That "dance" can certainly feel absent when a monster is knocking you down into a fall/roll animation every attack. Try getting some skills for evasion distance to make dodging more of a benefit (timings are hard with rolls/dodges).

For gear, farm Low-rank Gore Magala. His stuff is great raw-damage (for the most part). Also his armor is good for the transition. Was that fight super hard for you, or do you think "farming" it is possible. Your qualms about the loop of grinding for gear sounds exactly like burnout. A break is not a terrible, nor end-of-the-world, option. Some time away may recharge your enthusiasm for improving gear in a day or two...?

For this study, I'd suggest watching youtube vids. That way, you see and hear what the monsters do, as well as see and hear how a "pro" goes up against a particular monster. It will certainly be more time-efficient for you.

For Gypceros, or any monster really, pay attention to your resistances. Maybe you're ultra weak to a monster's breath attack - in that case, take the food that gives you firebreathing, ice, thunder, etc. instead of Def.

Also, try a weapon with a shield and the autoguard charm. Blocking/autoblocking may make a world of difference for your enjoyment of the game.

Shiina

People shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that getting more armor allows them to get hit more. All armor does is make monsters not oneshot you in the higher difficulties. Progressing through the ranks is supposed to be a learning process, not a pure 'grind for more defense' one. When you arrive at Super G/Apex you're supposed to have gained enough experience that you will be able to evade attacks instead of taking them, and when you do, that's where your armor saves you from the oneshot.

Unicorn

People shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that getting more armor allows them to get hit more. All armor does is make monsters not oneshot you in the higher difficulties. Progressing through the ranks is supposed to be a learning process, not a pure 'grind for more defense' one. When you arrive at Super G/Apex you're supposed to have gained enough experience that you will be able to evade attacks instead of taking them, and when you do, that's where your armor saves you from the oneshot.

Skills from armor are infinitely more important than flat DEF of the armor. Also, monsters hitting harder (i.e. causing knockdown animation) is entirely separate from DEF. No DEF is going to prevent that. Also, those kinds of attacks are opportunities for the monster to "combo" you. Sometimes, just lying there will prevent that. Don't move the stick and you'll stay on the ground for a couple seconds - usually causing a monster's follow-up charge to miss.

Vire

For gear, farm Low-rank Gore Magala. His stuff is great raw-damage (for the most part). Also his armor is good for the transition. Was that fight super hard for you, or do you think "farming" it is possible. Your qualms about the loop of grinding for gear sounds exactly like burnout. A break is not a terrible, nor end-of-the-world, option. Some time away may recharge your enthusiasm for improving gear in a day or two...?

Can't say I agree with this at all don't bother with farming more low rank gear and get some high rank tetsucabara. You will see a huge increase in your defense and you should get back to only taking a third of your hp bar from the strong attacks with that. The only time you should be taking half of your hp bar till and there is nothing you can do about it in one hit should be g rank. Trying to over upgrade low rank armor with spheres doesn't really work till you have access to all the spheres.

Don't really have any suggestions for him however if he doesn't find winning fun or the idea of making armor from the corpses of his slain enemies.

If I need "better gear" well you get that by farming all this shit, which is just a bunch of gameplay I don't enjoy to attempt "fixing" some other "goal" gameplay I am not enjoying to maybe make it enjoyable, which I should never have to do in a game, and then if I succeed I'll also lose my sharpness+1 because it doesn't exist in other armor for a long while, so unless major sacrifices and/or charm farming is put in (which is even more chores), I'll take one pain in the ass out and get sword-bouncing pain in the ass added in. And what happens if there is a way to circumvent that still? Progress quickly, and then the next set of harder monsters require it all over again.

If you hate fighting monsters, maybe this just isn't the game for you. Armor should not be seen as a way to take more hits; it should be seen as the only thing keeping you from instant death. Don't farm every monster, farm the ones you need for a few select weapons. If you find you aren't able to beat a monster, consider changing strategies or weapons.

In the end, if playing the game isn't fun, don't play it.

Unicorn

Can't say I agree with this at all don't bother with farming more low rank gear and get some high rank tetsucabara. You will see a huge increase in your defense and you should get back to only taking a third of your hp bar from the strong attacks with that.

Don't really have any suggestions for him however if he doesn't find winning fun. The only time you should be taking half of your hp bar till and there is nothing you can do about it in one hit should be g rank. Trying to over upgrade low rank armor with spheres doesn't really work till you have access to all the spheres.

If he's having trouble with HR monsters - grinding for their gear will be even more frustration. But yeah, get HR armor if you can.

Also, Ceanataur armor has DEF -20 when you have the whole set...

Vire

Skills from armor are infinitely more important than flat DEF of the armor. Also, monsters hitting harder (i.e. causing knockdown animation) is entirely separate from DEF. No DEF is going to prevent that. Also, those kinds of attacks are opportunities for the monster to "combo" you. Sometimes, just lying there will prevent that. Don't move the stick and you'll stay on the ground for a couple seconds - usually causing a monster's follow-up charge to miss.

This is true if you know what you are doing but for new players who haven't put hundreds of hours into the game it can be far more important that they aren't spending the whole hunt chugging mega pots.

If he's having trouble with HR monsters - grinding for their gear will be even more frustration. But yeah, get HR armor if you can.

Also, Ceanataur armor has DEF -20 when you have the whole set...

Yeah but if he is already doing the hunt a thon and can beat them then he can get the armor it won't take very long maybe an hour to get the whole tesu set. He never said that he was losing he said it was tedious. If he doesnt have to stop and heal every time he gets hit he is going to have a better time till he figures out how to dodge their attacks.

Edit: If you actually decide to try this out and do the hunt a thon quest its much better reward wise to kill the two and turn in the ticket twice instead of killing 4 and turning in the ticket once because you will get double the rewards from finishing the quest just a helpful tip there.

Peru

It is every monster

I don't think anyone playing monster hunter would say the enjoyment comes simply from 'winning'. You could 'win' by spending 50 minutes on every monster playing super defensively. On the contrary much of the fun emerges from the depth of the gameplay alone, and the idea of clean, good, satisfying fights taking precedence over everything else. I think using that strawman argument makes less sense talking about MonHan than almost any other game, because simply reaching a particular goal is not of much interest to any MH fan.

I dunno, I would reconsider a few other things if a brand new, good armor doesn't give you any sense of comfort moving on. I like to push old armors for as long as I can, and when I get a new one I can chill out figuring out new monsters for two monster tiers at least. I'm the opposite of a grinder and do not update or make new armors, weapons, support tools often, and I don't think I'm being treated unfairly for that. It makes it more enjoyable in many ways to not lean on those crutches.

I didn't have ergonomic issues with the old 3DS, but if the issue is that straightforward for you 10 bucks on a circle pad pro would make it feel like a regular controller, clunky as it looks.

And in any case, since you've had fun for parts of the game I would hope, after a break, that you go back and try other weapons you haven't given a chance, on lower tiers, to discover the many new mechanics and see how the dynamics of the hunt changes.. getting in the zone with a new weapon could make annoying fights suddenly feel good.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone want to farm event Dah'ren? I need 6 more tickets. There's no requirements os you can join even if you're HR1.

66-1039-1650-2968

Dice

The half-the-HP comment was not a complaint about P.Gypceros, but purely a response to Peru about armor giving a sense of comfort for tiers of monsters, which was a contradiction to my point that the gameplay shifts from LR to HR in such a way that you have to prove you don't need armor in order to get better armor, and if you are so proving you don't need it, then the sense of reward gained from it is nullified. To me, anyway.

I don't need to take less damage with my armor, since I'll quickly die if I'm taking hits either way. So then you let your movement keep you from taking damage, as I have obviously been doing. So then the focus on armor what gets you what you do need, such as the ability to swing a sword at the thing without it bouncing off for a while, hence my choice of Ceanataur. But "allowing you to attack" is not an advantage, it is a baseline. So my point about the reward being the capacity to scrape by going forward stands.

The same stands for pretty much any other notion of apparent advantage. Want a decent water elemental upgrade to fight so-and-so monster? Well for some dumb reason it requires parts from this much-harder monster. If you beat that one a few times, you'll have parts for your reward of an advantage against the comparatively-now-puny-looking monster, making the whole endeavor to get an advantage seem like a waste of time not only in fighting it now, but retroactively also the process of fighting that other monster to get the mats for gaining that needless advantage.

Maybe I just got a bad luck of the draw in my choices, but it has been amazing how strongly this pattern has held in mats desired for getting an upper hand and the challenges required to get them. There has been absolutely no progressive sense of reward, only retroactive if for some reason I ever wanted to go back to fight outdated things. Going forward, it has always been hardline necessitated that I fight harder things at neutral or disadvantage.

Unicorn

The half-the-HP comment was not a complaint about P.Gypceros, but purely a response to Peru about armor giving a sense of comfort for tiers of monsters, which was a contradiction to my point that the gameplay shifts from LR to HR in such a way that you have to prove you don't need armor in order to get better armor, and if you are so proving you don't need it, then the sense of reward gained from it is nullified. To me, anyway.

I don't need to take less damage with my armor, since I'll quickly die if I'm taking hits either way. So then you let your movement keep you from taking damage, as I have obviously been doing. So then the focus on armor what gets you what you do need, such as the ability to swing a sword at the thing without it bouncing off for a while, hence my choice of Ceanataur. But "allowing you to attack" is not an advantage, it is a baseline. So my point about the reward being the capacity to scrape going forward by stands.

The same stands for pretty much any other notion of apparent advantage. Want a decent water elemental upgrade to fight so-and-so monster? Well for some dumb reason it requires parts from this much-harder monster. If you beat that one a few times, you'll have parts for your reward of an advantage against the comparatively-now-puny-looking monster, making the whole endeavor to get an advantage seem like a waste of time not only in fighting it now, but retroactively also the process of fighting that other monster to get the mats for gaining that needless advantage.

Maybe I just got a bad luck of the draw in my choices, but it has been amazing how strongly this pattern has held in mats desired for getting an upper hand and the challenges required to get them. There has been absolutely no progressive sense of reward, only retroactive if for some reason I ever wanted to go back to fight outdated things. Going forward, it has always been hardline necessitated that I fight harder things at neutral or disadvantage.

What specific weapon are you using that's bouncing so much you need to buff it with armor skill?

burgerdog

So is it generally the done thing to stick with one weapon throughout a MH game, or have a main choice with a few other types for some variety?

I like to switch between charge blade, greatsword, and switch axe. I don't have as much fun with the rest of the weapons so that's what I stick to.

Vire

I don't need to take less damage with my armor, since I'll quickly die if I'm taking hits either way. So then you let your movement keep you from taking damage, as I have obviously been doing. So then the focus on armor what gets you what you do need, such as the ability to swing a sword at the thing without it bouncing off for a while, hence my choice of Ceanataur. But "allowing you to attack" is not an advantage, it is a baseline. So my point about the reward being the capacity to scrape going forward by stands.

I really have no idea what you are talking about then because I did all of high rank in testu / velociprey and had no need for minds eye so its not mandatory or a baseline skill. Infact Minds eye is kinda a crappy skill in that its bad habit forming you shouldn't be attacking spots where you would bounce off of naturally if you can avoid it because thats not a weak spot.

You don't need to grind every monster in the game you know? Its ok to do one and done. I had general purpose weapons and armor. Poison and blast work on almost everything.

Dice

What specific weapon are you using that's bouncing so much you need to buff it with armor skill?
Every longsword in the game up till then? Which is crazy since they are apparently some of the sharpest? I had to fly through whetstones so much before getting it, and yes that is while aiming at the vulnerable spots. It was super annoying, especially since comboing (blade-dulling) was required to get it powered up, and sharpening wasted your powered-up time. It's part of what pushed me to expanding into gunner options.

I really have no idea what you are talking about then because I did all of high rank in testu / velociprey and had no need for minds eye so its not mandatory or a baseline skill. Infact Minds eye is kinda a crappy skill in that its bad habit forming you shouldn't be attacking spots where you would bounce off of naturally if you can avoid it because thats not a weak spot.
What is mind's eye? I'm talking about the skill that makes your blade dull half as fast, because once it hit yellow, which was happening quickly, it would seem to bounce off everything.

I like to switch between charge blade, greatsword, and switch axe. I don't have as much fun with the rest of the weapons so that's what I stick to.

I'm guessing the only cost of that is the monetary & time costs of resources to craft several different weapons suitable for the monsters you are facing at that particular stage of the game?

Renewed

Seeing the credits roll was a satisfying feeling. But now they practically tell me "GO DO GATHERING HALL!"

I always tend to do gathering hall solo, but I imagine I'll hop online soon.

Vire

Every longsword in the game up till then? Which is crazy since they are apparently some of the sharpest? I had to fly through whetstones so much before getting it, and yes that is while aiming at the vulnerable spots. It was super annoying, especially since comboing (blade-dulling) was required to get it powered up, and sharpening wasted your powered-up time. It's part of what pushed me to expanding into gunner options.

Sound like what you really wanted was the razor sharp skill with makes it so your sharpness last twice as long. You will literally never bounce if you hit a weak spot if you have green sharpness. Its ok to fall down a level some times if it means you can attack the monster more as long as you aren't dropping to yellow sharpness.

MegaMelon

Today was a good day. Made my first (excluding beinning velocidrome) g rank set! White Monoblos blademaster, comes with sharpness+1, critical eye+1, adrenaline+2 and 8 slots! Excellent since I can gem in negate poison for chameleous and critical eye+3 for everything else. Heck I could put in earplugs or bombardier, so I'm quite happy.

Also joined a random gogmazios room, got disconnected so carted 3 times in order to keep the wartorn dragonsphere I got from a shiny! I'm sure I'm never gonna get another one again now...

Demoli

Got a tigrex Mantle and a Skymerald the very first Ziggy and Tigrex in G rank, and i don't ned either for CB.

Rath mantle will be a pain and so will the Pallium.

Cerity

I'm guessing the only cost of that is the monetary & time costs of resources to craft several different weapons suitable for the monsters you are facing at that particular stage of the game?

It's not like you need to keep all your equipment up at all stages of the game, I'm currently swapping between Bow and CB and usually by the time I feel like using the other I'll have progressed far enough to have enough money to forge/upgrade. I'm looking into LS now to make tail cutting easier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom