• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might work against some winds on Kusha (maybe the white ones?), but not all of Kusha's wind. The black ones did push me back despite that hunting horn wind resist, I think.
Huh, I really thought it worked since I've used it on 2 daoras so far and didn't trip once. We killed it pretty fast both times though do maybe the black wind still trips you up and I didn't notice it.

I wish you could rebind ZL and ZR to whatever you want. I would love to have my start button there so I'd be able to GP with those keys because the start (or select) key are positioned too far away to be able to press consistently while fighting.

Yeah, definitely. Right now I have them set to rotate camera left and right...but then I use the nub/Z-lock for camera anyways. Totally wasted opportunity.

Meesh

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I was hunting Iodrome/GoreMagala and during the Iodrome I caught my palicoe riding it like there was no tomorrow!? Can anyone else confirm this? Was it a glitch, was I seeing things, how does this happen and how do I get more palicoes to do this? So many MH questions. Lol But my hunts will surely never be the same.

Tendo

What is a good low level hunter set to try ranged? Just got to the rock dragon guy as an urgent quest 3. Any tips of what to craft around that level?

ilium

What is a good low level hunter set to try ranged? Just got to the rock dragon guy as an urgent quest 3. Any tips of what to craft around that level?

Tetsucabra for defense, Velociprey for offense. There's not really much interesting for Gunner in Low Rank.

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I was hunting Iodrome/GoreMagala and during the Iodrome I caught my palicoe riding it like there was no tomorrow!? Can anyone else confirm this? Was it a glitch, was I seeing things, how does this happen and how do I get more palicoes to do this? So many MH questions. Lol But my hunts will surely never be the same.

it's a team attack called Flying Bomb.

Shengar

I've seen Palicoes riding monsters too but it's on multiplayer with gaffers. Since I never see it on my single player playthrough, I guess it only happened when you have palicoes with certain fortes in your 1st stringers. What forte it is, Launching forte would be my guess.

Meesh

I've seen Palicoes riding monsters too but it's on multiplayer with gaffers. Since I never see it on my single player playthrough, I guess it only happened when you have palicoes with certain fortes in your 1st stringers. What forte it is, Launching forte would be my guess.
Crazy, never thought I'd see it, but cool. I'll have to pair up my palicoes accordingly I suppose to test this out more :)

Mupod

if you're trying heavy bowgun you're stuck with Lagombi. Or Nargacuga once you can trade Zinogre parts for it.

Low rank is kind of a shit show for gunning, unless you get lucky and find a God's Isle while mining. I haven't used it in this game but it still looks like it'd be able to wreck any low rank monsters.

Shengar

Crazy, never thought I'd see it, but cool. I'll have to pair up my palicoes accordingly I suppose to test this out more :)

I have to experiment with different forte too. While healing forte is always useful, I guess it would be interesting to see what other forte could done.

So I just beat Shagaru Magara from the caravan (and farmed him for a S.Magala Plate to upgrade my Charge Blade :D). I've never played online yet, should I start doing gathering hall quests? Do I need to be a host to raise my HR? If I play quests from the gather hall offline, are the quests still scaled to be more difficult?

if you're trying heavy bowgun you're stuck with Lagombi. Or Nargacuga once you can trade Zinogre parts for it.

Low rank is kind of a shit show for gunning, unless you get lucky and find a God's Isle while mining. I haven't used it in this game but it still looks like it'd be able to wreck any low rank monsters.

You can't really get a God's Isle until pretty late in Low Rank.
However, there are a lot of great gunning sets out there. I used the Jaggi one, since it had Reload Speed and Stun, and it carried me until high rank with no issues. It was also pretty easy to get.

When it comes to weapons, I can only really speak about Light Bowguns, but here are the lines I liked a lot:

Rathling Gun (Flaming & Normal 2)
Royal Launcher (Water & Sleep)
Bandit Fire (Pierce)

Those were really the only ones I used.

MrPanic

Just beat Gold Rath in the Caravan for the first time. This fight seemed easier than Pinky, or atleast has less bs combo's that seem unavoidable.

Anyone knows a good all purpose high rank LS? Getting kinda bored of my regular weapons.

Anyone know where the heck to get Plesioth parts? I know he's not in this game, and his parts don't show up at the wyporium.
I've been wanting to upgrade my Royal Inundantion to a Maelstrom for quite a while now, but I'm missing Plesioth parts.

MrPanic

Anyone know where the heck to get Plesioth parts? I know he's not in this game, and his parts don't show up at the wyporium.
I've been wanting to upgrade my Royal Inundantion to a Maelstrom for quite a while now, but I'm missing Plesioth parts.
Plesioth shows up in the fishing machine minigame on the cat island.

I don't know if anybody got one of those charge cradles from the nintendo store the other day but I did and my order says it also includes a red bag. Any idea what that's suppose to be?

Mupod

the fishing ballista thing on cat island.

Parshias7

So I just beat Shagaru Magara from the caravan (and farmed him for a S.Magala Plate to upgrade my Charge Blade :D). I've never played online yet, should I start doing gathering hall quests? Do I need to be a host to raise my HR? If I play quests from the gather hall offline, are the quests still scaled to be more difficult?

You only need to be the host of an Urgent Quest in order to get credit for it. All regular quests will give everyone in the group credit.

I'm not sure how the monsters are balanced in the offline Guild Hall. I soloed HR1 offline and didn't think it was any more difficult, but I was doing it with a end-LR weapon I had gotten in Caravan, and an early HR armor.

Mupod

I've become addicted to the quest for more Wroggi scraps so I can have two cats with that gear on instead of one. So I've started actually playing the meownster hunter minigame.

But I'm stumped by 'dual ability' monsters. Do they have some kind of pattern they use their attacks in or is it random? I thought I had Seregios figured out and I beat him a couple times. But then last night he used the red attack before the yellow and one-rounded me.

but yeah, if you're curious what the star icon means on the route, if you clear that section then your cats meet up with Trenya. He gives you scraps from monsters not in 4U, so far I've gotten Wroggi, Narga, and Duramboros scraps.

deim0s

Try the ones with the Flying F-Bomb.

OmegaFax

If you are looking to do any low rank quests over the weekend shoot me a message. It sounds like we will be around the same HR. Also enjoy!

Anyone else here still working on HR 3 quests? I've only been able to do some village quests since the weekend (busy at work) and wouldn't mind finding some people that play in the evenings (EST) or or the weekend. I really don't mind what we hunt either.

No, but if you post a room when I'm around, I'd be willing to help. I'm sure others would too.

I'm still HR3, too. Looking to knock out the key quests so I can get to HR4 and those Zelda DLC quests.

Parshias7

I've seen in japanese speed hunts that they use Felvine bombs on themselves. Is there any reason for it?

It interrupts the full "flex" animation after eating a Might Seed and knocks them into the next zone. The status effect that bomb gives you is also the same duration as the Might Seed's buff. Might Seeds don't have an icon that disappears or a message to tell you their effect wears off, so speed runners use the Felvine bombs to let them know when the effect is up.

Skab

Finally picked this up last night. Any noticeable changes with the switch axe in this game? That was my shit in Tri but haven't toyed with it to much yet in 4.

Also 3ds makes my hands cramp up so quickly :[

tuffy

Finally picked this up last night. Any noticeable changes with the switch axe in this game? That was my shit in Tri but haven't toyed with it to much yet in 4.
There's been a lot of changes. The vertical sword combo is X-A-X-A... instead of just mashing X, there's a double-slash sword move, axe mode hack-and-slash has a roundhouse finisher which can morph into sword mode, there's roll forward into attack moves, and so on.

I believe the consensus is that it's been rebalanced to make axe mode more useful this time around.
Also 3ds makes my hands cramp up so quickly :[
Perhaps a 3DS grip is an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom