• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

There's been a lot of changes. The vertical sword combo is X-A-X-A... instead of just mashing X, there's a double-slash sword move, axe mode hack-and-slash has a roundhouse finisher which can morph into sword mode, there's roll forward into attack moves, and so on.

I believe the consensus is that it's been rebalanced to make axe mode more useful this time around.

Perhaps a 3DS grip is an option?

Oh my.

Guess it's time for me to start looking up info/trying out weapons.

I was wondering, does a bigger monster hits harder? (regarding the size given at the completion of the quest)

Also is somebody down with HR5 quests?

So I just spent 30000 Zenny on a new Charge Blade called Permanence and I'm wondering if I just wasted a stack of cash or if I've landed a high powered bit of kit.

It was waaaaay more expensive than any other CB I could get but seems really high powered for where I am in the game (Just finishing 4*). It's 468 attack with 250 water and I seem to wreck stuff with it - I just blew up the expedition with Gore Magala in about 8 minutes.

Basically I'm just wondering how good (or not) this blade is?

This is a bit of a long shot but can anyone host Rival Clash for me? I'm only G1 and need it to trade for the armor I just farmed mats for.

Will try my best not to get slaughtered as I'm still rocking HR gunner armor.

Kinsei

Banned
So I just spent 30000 Zenny on a new Charge Blade called Permanence and I'm wondering if I just wasted a stack of cash or if I've landed a high powered bit of kit.

It was waaaaay more expensive than any other CB I could get but seems really high powered for where I am in the game (Just finishing 4*). It's 468 attack with 250 water and I seem to wreck stuff with it - I just blew up the expedition with Gore Magala in about 8 minutes.

Basically I'm just wondering how good (or not) this blade is?

It'll be useful until you reach high rank. At that point the Seltas CB will be better than it for a long time.

So I get to
Pink Rathian HR5 qualifier
and figure this is a bit anticlimactic, been there, done tha...whoa, she's not fooling around in this one as I get a few cart rides. Took a couple tries but now Village 9/HR5 (single-player).

Add: I only encountered the said monster in a Village Quest after that lol

Prototype

So about Guild Quests.

Only the person who posts the quest levels up right?

If I go on one with someone, I'll still get access to the gear tho right?

Just wondering how this works, if I should just do it on my own, or if I can still get relic weapons if I go with someone else.

Gonna try out all these weapon training challenges. This may take some time. Need a good blunt attack weapon for these Kelbi horns, guessing the hammers my best bet there

What are the requirements for a monster to enter the monster list btw? Killed some small jaggi but they're still not in there

Gonna try out all these weapon training challenges. This may take some time. Need a good blunt attack weapon for these Kelbi horns, guessing the hammers my best bet there

What are the requirements for a monster to enter the monster list btw? Killed some small jaggi but they're still not in there

You have to buy the books at the vendor.

Kinsei

Banned

You don;t need a blunt weapon to get Kellbi horns. Everything KO's Kelbi.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got my CPP. It does make things more comfortable... in shape. As for weight? Is this combo even a little bit heavier than the Wii U gamepad? My next handheld is going to feel tiny.

jorgejjvr

Anyone want to help my HR1 friend rush into G rank?

His data was deleted. So we're just rushing key quests. Anyone want to help make things even faster?

-Alternis

Tom_Cody

A few days ago I hit my first wall in the form of Gore Magala. A couple of days later I beat him for the first time. The next day I destroyed his antenna and got his feelers (and with that his bow, Entbehrung). I'm now going after his armor, so today I returned to him and managed to sever his tail with my bow! Now I just need two more feelers in order to complete his armor.

The tremendous feelings of accomplishment I get from this game continue.

I'm going to try to learn the Light Bow Gun. My interest rose after figuring out that it can have a silencer, rapid shots, etc.

I wish I could have people to play with though. XP

Tom_Cody

Regarding the Kelbi horns, ditto what Kinsei said. If you are just trying to complete that early mission, it really doesn't matter. Even if you won't 100% get one from a carve, you should still be able to get the required number in only a couple of minutes.

Regarding weapon selection in general, doing the tutorials is a good bet. I (and everyone else) would recommend that you check out the Gaijin Hunter videos. Trying out the weapons is one thing, but you'll get a much better sense of what weapon(s) you want to main once you understand how they are meant to be used:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDR3ta7VqKrwAHPSAudDagumWffFyHK6g

Also, to get back to the kelbi topic, don't over-think things early on. The various weapons are well balanced, so don't stress too much about which one you pick. Just go with the one that you find the most fun to use. The first 5-10 hours of the game ease you into all of the game systems. You might want to get more specialized after that point, but won't need to sweat it for a while.

Shiina

178312ba90.png

that is all

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
178312ba90.png

that is all

I never get an error during disconnects ;_; an error would honestly make me more comfortable because at least I know something is happening.

I usually just get dropped, like I just leave the room and after I abandon quest I just appear in a lobby by myself, and then other people start joining it.

Tom_Cody

Guys, when do I start looking like a Gundam/Arm Slave?
You can get the nerscylla armor pretty early on. Google image search if you want to spoil what it looks like (I don't know if people consider that a spoiler or not).

I'm still using that set while I farm Gore Magala parts.

Iryx

So are there any differences between the Special Permit scroll quests for Chaos Gore and Ukanlos and the normal ones or are there just 2 quests for the same monster in G3 for whatever reason?

jorgejjvr

So are there any differences between the Special Permit scroll quests for Chaos Gore and Ukanlos and the normal ones or are there just 2 quests for the same monster in G3 for whatever reason?

They're far more difficult. For example the special Ukanlos hits at least twice as hard and is always enraged.

-Alternis

R0ckman

Whats this about better charms in Guild Quest level 140? Are they talking about the ones you can mine or the ones stuck to rusted armor and weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom