• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiina

You should check it out actually. From the very beginning his mouth is already breathing heavily/foaming.

-Alternis

I have Challenger+2 and that only activates when monsters enter rage and I don't think it was on all the time during the quest. Could be remembering wrong, though.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Kirin is such a crappy boss.

Dat armour though.

Orochi Kirin is up there with one of my least favorite encounters in the game. It's just bounces everywhere. Also it's so small, barely lets you get any hits in and is generally insanely aggressive.

Every time I kill it it always feels like it just died out of no where.

Does ANYONE have a g rank gore guild quest?

Its so fucking stupid the guild only has chaotic. Now my CB is stuck in progress and every room I try has people doing the gold gore or chaotic. The one room I found someone with the quest they refused to share it.

Neol

Anyone wanna help me clear some G2* quests for Wyporium trade materials?

Trying to get some Narcaguga and Lagiacrus sets.

28-6646-8841-5524

upandaway

Just made a new IG (the poison one) and pumped it full of speed, it wrecked Rathalos and Yian Garuga. Pretty fun to use.

Still rocking starting armor no cats and honestly I'm doing okay, I should be able to finish LR at least without breaking.

jorgejjvr

Its so fucking stupid the guild only has chaotic. Now my CB is stuck in progress and every room I try has people doing the gold gore or chaotic. The one room I found someone with the quest they refused to share it.

I have one.

-Alternis

Edit: I also have a Shagaru Magala, Deviljho, and Yian Garuga

Unicorn

I'm branching into IG. Just made the paralyzing najarala one, but need help on kinsect stuff. I love the status of the clockwork glaive. Is there a way to pump a kinsect up to get the speedy prolonged essence and affinity ability?

Ken

I have one. I'll share it next time we hunt.

Overside

Banned
Wait so G Rank missions are random? You have to find people who have the monsters you need?

Those are probably advanced missions, advanced missions are randomized, but its not that bad, not having the advance mission you are looking for does happen often enough to get slightly irritating though.

However guild quests you have to earn by doing free hunts in the everwood and bagging monster evidence (Shiny drops, and killing/capturing monsters)... Which may also be what they were talking about.

What's the best slime
I hate the new name Blast Blight
Switch Axe in the game, I have the second to last level Brachy Axe, but I know there has to be a better one.

Oy. I was really doing myself a disservice using the hammer for so long. Turns out I'm eleventy billion times better with dual blades.

FUCK YOU AKANTOR! You're dead now! I probably just misspelled your name, too!

I'm fairly new to the game and series, but, is the Charge Blade just a lot more beginner friendly than most other weapons? It seems extremely easy to do well with, even while figuring out the moveset.

Shiina

I'm fairly new to the game and series, but, is the Charge Blade just a lot more beginner friendly than most other weapons? It seems extremely easy to do well with, even while figuring out the moveset.

It's a low skill floor, high skill ceiling type of weapon.

KimChi

ahh, just fought rajang for the first time ever and promptly got my face pushed in lol.

Anyone need some help in Hr1-6? I want to finish out the quests I havent done yet from hr2 and up.

So been sitting at G1 for a few days now.
Helping friends get up in HR, going into random P Rathain, Black Gravios rooms helping people and stuff but now I'm ready to take on G rank monsters.

How big is the jump from HR to G rank? What's recommend defense?

Are Apex monsters that can show up just there to get dung bombed or can you fight them aka do damage? I just only unlocked the lvl 1 wystone from Forge Ahead so I'm thinking dung bomb haha

Is it? I've never been a fan of using overpowered sets, so I'm hoping this isn't the case with CB. Simply don't enjoy it when I know the only reason I'm doing well is due to how much better my weapon is.

That absolutely won't be the case. If you're terrible with CB, your kill times are going to be extremely long.

It took a long time before I felt comfortable with CB and I've been playing this series since 2004. My kill times with the classic weapons were significantly faster until I got more comfortable.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
ahh, just fought rajang for the first time ever and promptly got my face pushed in lol.

Anyone need some help in Hr1-6? I want to finish out the quests I havent done yet from hr2 and up.
Do you mean random quests, because I'm game.

PrankT

So been sitting at G1 for a few days now.
Helping friends get up in HR, going into random P Rathain, Black Gravios rooms helping people and stuff but now I'm ready to take on G rank monsters.

How big is the jump from HR to G rank? What's recommend defense?

Are Apex monsters that can show up just there to get dung bombed or can you fight them aka do damage? I just only unlocked the lvl 1 wystone from Forge Ahead so I'm thinking dung bomb haha

HR to early (and even late) G1 isn't too bad depending on the armor you have. I used the Tetsucabra S armor geared for defense for quite a while with 450-500ish defense (I don't remember exactly), and have seen people with the mid to high 300s in G rank rooms do fine. I eventually played against regular and berserk Tetsucabra a few times in G1 to make a Tetsucabra Z armor with Tetsucabra X legs. This can get you HG earplugs, and 7 charm slots (the Tets X legs give you torso up for more).

Apex doesn't show up until G3, so no need to worry.

colinp

Banned
How visible is the broken head thing for g jaggi's? I feel like I never notice whether it's briken or not.

I'm using a hammer and I swear I'm hitting him repeatedly on the head but shit maybe I'm wrong.

Status Atk +2 plus a good Para/Sleep SnS and Barrel Bomb Large+ = gg no re

I love it

EDIT: ^^ His head will just have a bunch of tatters and holes in his frill, it's fairly easy to spot once you see the little break effect appear (The shatters going everywhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom