• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPanzer

does the focus skill work with the hold-a move of the charge blade? if yes, is it viable? might make a stygian zinogre set for charge blade.

Shengar

Barroth Armor have Attack (S), and Guard+1. If you farm 4 adamant seeds, you can gem in Defense (S). It's really an all in one armor for shield user really.

I was wondering what that action was supposed to be used for.
It's quite handy for Great Sword users too. Normally to do a super charged attack, you have to start the combo with a slow-ass swing, do a side-smack and then pull back to do your more powerful charge. You can exchange that initial slow hit for the quick kick, and speed up your combo quite a bit.

I also use it as a quick way to topple Konchu, or to wake up party members.

H1PSTER

Despite the problems, because of the help you guys gave me I'm now the proud owner of some nice armour.

COWKesh.jpg

NewGame

Banned
Dropped 30 hours into this bad boy. Almost G rank village, starting high rank online.

This game is still really annoying to start but it's definitely getting more bearable with each iteration.

Still a few tiny technical issues I have with the game:

- Bows require so much manual aim for vertical spaces; no way to preserve verticality between shots.
- Legacy monsters like the Khezu look horrible both in style and animation. Capcom really dropped the ball here.
- Quests are still generated to you in a pile with key quests not really explained some of the ranks.
- Location of eggs / fish / small monsters will really grate your carrot When you're looking for them. No help in description.
- Fought gore 13 times, no plates.

Online play; oh boy

- Can't access Sunsnug while online.
- Still stuck to 4 players with no way to name the room; can't kick if they depart on a quest!
- Keyboard not available during quest?? Pls.
- Can't message people or make any communication outside of rooms.

Welp time for bed. Have to touch g rank tomorrow.

Raide

Went into my local game ready to grab the MH new 3ds and they had none in stock. It is probably cheaper to just by a console and grab the game but I had already talked myself into getting the special one.

Left dejected...

Pila

no way to name the room; can't kick if they depart on a quest!
Can't message people or make any communication outside of rooms.

Great news =( I wasn't aware. People can't send me in-game messages if they're not in my room?

Shiiet.

wiibomb

I just saw somebody over miiverse say that MH4U has sold 3 million copies in the west, that's not true, right?

I hope it was true :(

jorgejjvr

Do you guys here play with HR1 peeps? :p

BTW I'm pretty new at MH and this game is the definition of fun. Love it. Love the insect glaive

jorgejjvr

Btw if I play online and beat the first couple of monsters, will it then open up to other monsters? Kinda like with offline and quests

wiibomb

Btw if I play online and beat the first couple of monsters, will it then open up to other monsters? Kinda like with offline and quests

mostly offline and online are different games, almost, even then if you play the same monsters, one mostly does not affect the other, except for some cases, for example you can unlock low rank offline elder dragon quest by doing certain thing on the online High Rank, like unlocking an offline Akantor by defeating online High Rank Akantor..

but that's mostly it, just some optional harder quests for offline low rank quests

Owensboro

Do you get more rewards for hunting a monster online, or is the thing just harder so that more people can fight it? I'm wondering if it's better to grind a Monster for it's set online or solo.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm a bit behind most people here, just starting on my 4* quests, just killed the damn pink ape tonight. How many stars are each of the ranks this time around?

wiibomb

Do you get more rewards for hunting a monster online, or is the thing just harder so that more people can fight it? I'm wondering if it's better to grind a Monster for it's set online or solo.

just the latter, they are harder to fight to adequate to a 4-player fight, BTW even if you are fighting in the guild solo, they are still with the same higher health and attack power as if there were 4 players..

on the other hand, there are several monsters that cannot be found offline...

Kensuke

Low rank goes up to 5*. I believe high rank village goes up to 9*, and G rank village is 10*.

Actually, 10* is mostly high rank as well. You unlock a few G rank quests there once you get to G rank in multiplayer, but it's only a couple (I have about 5-6).

TheExodu5

Banned
Playing the demo...how do I lock on to a monster? I click the lock-on button and it only makes the camera face the monster briefly when I tap the L button. Is there a more permanent lock-on?

Also, how big of an SD card do I need for the digital version?

wiibomb

wondering about the same, I guess from streetpasses? and where do you get the junk to upgrade their shit?

go to the little island in Cheeko Sands and send some palicoes to the hunting minigame, you get scraps for each won fight.. however for some harder monster you need higher leveled palicoes to fight it

Playing the demo...how do I lock on to a monster? I click the lock-on button and it only makes the camera face the monster briefly when I tap the L button. Is there a more permanent lock-on?

no, that's it, there is no permanent lock on since you need to focus on different areas of the monster, that system only locates the monster for you, but you need to keep track where you need to hit it

as for the full game, its 2.6GB

Kinsei

Banned

There is no permanent lock on. It would make farming monsters a pain in the ass.

There is no permanent lock-on.
I didn't think it would disturb people so much...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I think it's around 2.7GB

State of emergency in my city due to snow right now - all businesses are close.

I work at a TV station - we don't rest for anybody.

I should be home playing Monster Hunter :(

Vuze

I've never bothered with bow(gun) but now that I'm toying around with them, holy hell you really need to aim due to the verticality. Blind fire = 50:50 hit or miss despite the monster being right in front of you

Yo.

You don't understand. That Elite Blade shit, where you have charge moves? Nothing gets me so moist as to land a charged axe hit.

Man I love this game. I'm new to MH and I'm only on a mission where I'm killing rolly pollies but it's very, very entertaining. I can't wait to get to a point where I'll be relevant enough to hit up some online quests with everyone.

A little question

Whats up with the expedition?I get the whole idea and all but is the monsters obtained after completing one but is it totally random? I had done a few expeditions which involves tetsucabra, kechawacha, and Nerscylla and i have yet to get anything else besides velocidrome by the end of the quest

It certainly is disheartening when i find myself wasting time over this

This is my first Monster Hunter game, and i bought it because a friend convinced me. However, he has yet to play with me and really teach me the game. Are there any good beginner guides/videos? Because I am really lost and kind of suck at the game. Thanks

Raide

A little question

Whats up with the expedition?I get the whole idea and all but is the monsters obtained after completing one but is it totally random? I had done a few expeditions which involves tetsucabra, kechawacha, and Nerscylla and i have yet to get anything else besides velocidrome by the end of the quest

It certainly is disheartening when i find myself wasting time over this

Previously with the open field stuff, it was based upon your story progress. The more monsters you managed to hunt, the more options would unlock if you went out free hunting. Might be the same for this.

Ristlager

There is no permanent lock on. It would make farming monsters a pain in the ass.

Sorry but you are just wrong here. Permanent lock on is a godsendt in this game, only "problem" is that it makes it easier. But since the game is pretty hard, it doesn't really become a huge problem.

Owensboro

search for colored palicoes in the cat area of each region

I've tried going to the cat area during each mission so far to find a new recruit and couldn't talk to anyone. (Also, tangentially related, in the cat area there is always a question mark prompt where you search and never find anything, what's that for? It's special text so something hast to happen, right?) I just last night finished the quest to open the Palico Island, is that the trigger that allows you to start recruiting them during quests?

Previously with the open field stuff, it was based upon your story progress. The more monsters you managed to hunt, the more options would unlock if you went out free hunting. Might be the same for this.

I'm already at Village Rank 6, and Guild rank 3. Yet the only thing i have come across so far is "that"

Edit:I re-read my question back i didnt exactly specifically state it clearly, but what i meant was the Guild quest you obtained after every expeditions. So far only Velocidromes after Velocidromes

Reknoc

It is, when you hunt something for the first time during a caravan quest it'll say that it can now show up during expeditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom