• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides egg quests, are there quests to carry back hot rocks or whatever they are called? I'm talking about the egg-like rocks that damage you the entire time you are carrying them back. Egg quests suck eggs (see what I did there?) but the hot rocks are even worse.

EDIT: Oh and the equipment and armor you can build from Tetsucabra parts is absolutely ridiculous for GS users. Just farming him three times netted me an entire suit of Tetsucabra armor and the best great sword I can build so far in low rank quests -
the Santoku Ravager (624 raw damage with green shaprness)
. I mean this one guy has supplied ALL of my gear needs for now and he is easy to kill too - almost feels like cheating but I bet I will need it soon... :)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2015/02/12/mh4u-starter-pack-free-items-and-a-super-surprise for cats

As for online play. On the bottom screen go to "World Map" then the "Gathering Hall" then "Change online status"

Ah ok thanks! did my first quest online, i lost. bad. other guys did just fine tho and completed the quest. it was against some skinny long necked big headed poison drake. It killed me twice :( need to watch some tuts for the charge blade. i would go with dual blades but i go for dual blades in like 95% of the games where its given as an option, want to mix things up a big and go for a class i normally don't ever touch(sword & shield) but want a neat twist to it so I'm maining the charge blade.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I haven't done any online yet but am up to 5star village quests. Can anyone play online with me and help me get through some online ranks quick?

Besides egg quests, are there quests to carry back hot rocks or whatever they are called? I'm talking about the egg-like rocks that damage you the entire time you are carrying them back. Egg quests suck eggs (see what I did there?) but the hot rocks are even worse.
Yes

It's required to unlock Volcanic Hollow expo in HR, and a Rathalos spawns as soon as you grab a powderstone

you can just hunt double iodrome instead actually

Durden77

What quests are even "multiplayer" quests? Are they just expeditions? Any guild quest? (Currently still at HR1 I believe) Or like both?

Just don't know when I should try multiplayer. Currently running through the guild quests now. These ones for delivering eggs are terrible. Can't tell what constitutes the egg breaking sometimes.

What quests are even "multiplayer" quests? Are they just expeditions? Any guild quest? (Currently still at HR1 I believe) Or like both?

Just don't know when I should try multiplayer. Currently running through the guild quests now. These ones for delivering eggs are terrible. Can't tell what constitutes the egg breaking sometimes.

The Gathering Hall is where you initiate MP. Tap it on the world map > change online status > Online multiplayer.
You can do it from the get-go as the HR1 quests are similar to the HR1 quests offline, just harder.

Anyone had an issue with the super stable 3d on a new 3ds in this game? Almost like it loses tracking\screen gets messed up for a second then back to normal. Doesn't happen in other games kinda odd.

R0ckman

Do the cats get more intelligent and better at combat AI wise as they level? I was farming Gore and when I go to the side lines to sharpen or eat meat I see them in the distance just kicking his ass. They also follow me to help out in break areas like the head and tail.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Hall ID:

29 - 1886 - 6602 - 1624

Passcode:

Helping making rank up online. Anyone welcome.

I've joined too, haven't played much online yet so I'm only HR2, but I'm up to 6* solo.

Kuntz

The 2 rooms posted are full.
Here's mine (I'm hr2)
19-0783-1300-8673
pass 5555
friends excluded
I'm gunning but i spend more on ammo than i earn after each quest...

Durden77

The Gathering Hall is where you initiate MP. Tap it on the world map > change online status > Online multiplayer.
You can do it from the get-go as the HR1 quests are similar to the HR1 quests offline, just harder.

Ohhh ok so these quest I'm viewing when I'm offline are offline quests, but once I go online it will show online quest?

Thanks a lot. I've been super confused by this. I didn't know they were separate.

Ohhh ok so these quest I'm viewing when I'm offline are offline quests, but once I go online it will show online quest?

Thanks a lot. I've been super confused by this. I didn't know they were separate.

If you're doing quests at the gathering hall, they're the same ones. You have village quests, and guild quests. Village quests are the storyline ones, where you're helping out the caravan and whatnot.
Guild quests are just random quests that you partake in.

jorgejjvr

Create a Gathering Hall

Choose this option and you'll be able to select where you want to fight, the type of content you want to get stuck into, and the kind of combat experience you're looking for in your fellow hunters.

On world map go to gathering hall. Change status to online status

then pick your options (just 'Any' for everything is fine)

and put a password

press start in the gathering hall and you will see your ID, players need that plus the passcode you made

How to start a multiplayer quest

Once you're in a Gathering Hall, you'll first of all need to talk to the quest-givers over on the left-hand side of the room. Once you've got a mission in hand, the other players need to go over to the noticeboard and select the quest, then move to the door and interact with it to indicate they're ready to depart. The person who picked up the quest can then depart for the quest, taking their buddies along for the ride.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just realized the item box has item sets.

I'm assuming when you use a set any items not in the set go into your item box for storage?

Do you mean for armor? Anything you replace with anther piece of gear automatically goes back to your item box.

Fun fact, the item set registration stores your decoration configuration so it will automatically re-gem any jewels when you switch sets.

Really useful if you have lots of jewels that overlap between sets but don't wanna make a whole bunch.

Mzo

Do you mean for armor? Anything you replace with anther piece of gear automatically goes back to your item box.

Fun fact, the item set registration stores your decoration configuration so it will automatically re-gem any jewels when you switch sets.

Really useful if you have lots of jewels that overlap between sets but don't wanna make a whole bunch.

No, items sets for items you bring with you on quests, like potions, meat, whetstones, etc. You can set them up and sync (deposit extra, take out what you're missing) quickly by using them.

Really handy.

Yeah, for inventory.

I knew about the armor ones but didn't know there was one for inventory as well.

That decoration bit is good to know however, that's also something I didn't know.

Mzo

I just realized I'm supposed to USE those massive fish I've been catching. I just got a slickaxe off one, holy shit.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
No, items sets for items you bring with you on quests, like potions, meat, whetstones, etc. You can set them up and sync (deposit extra, take out what you're missing) quickly by using them.

Really handy.

Ohh shit? Is that a new feature? I am totally going to have to check that out when I get home. Also did they merge the gunner pouch with the blade master pouch? Because it seems like they did

tuffy

Ohh shit? Is that a new feature? I am totally going to have to check that out when I get home. Also did they merge the gunner pouch with the blade master pouch? Because it seems like they did
It is a new feature, and they did merge the gunner and blademaster pouches. No more trying to figure out whether your stuff is in the box, or in the other pouch, or whether you sent it to the right place. A welcome simplification.

Trying to find Armor Sphere+s at 5* - where the heck are these? I've managed to collect 2 so far, but they're so dang rare right now. I really want to upgrade my Rimeblade Long Sword(my melee weapon of choice).

tuffy

Trying to find Armor Sphere+s at 5* - where the heck are these? I've managed to collect 2 so far, but they're so dang rare right now. I really want to upgrade my Rimeblade Long Sword(my melee weapon of choice).
Armor upgrades take progressively better spheres as it goes along. The Sphere+es are mined from the Frozen Seaway and Volcanic Hollow, for instance. Eventually these spheres will be obsolete altogether, so use em if you've got em.

LProtag

Alright, so I've played for a few hours today just trying to get into things. I've beaten Seltas, but so far I've only upgraded to a Bone Greatsword. Where should I go from here in terms of weapon and armor?

Alright, so I've played for a few hours today just trying to get into things. I've beaten Seltas, but so far I've only upgraded to a Bone Greatsword. Where should I go from here in terms of weapon and armor?

Most people just start grinding on Jaggi for the full Jaggi set. For weapons just try out the free training sets on the Jaggi itself and see what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom