• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wanderer5

Thought I try out a new weapon, and decided to try the hunting horn which looks quite amusing to use, plus I like support stuff. Any suggestions on armor to use with the hunting horn (high rank)?

Shiina

Question. I got my IG Anubis to the max, even honed and everything. But I can still upgrade the kinsect. What's the point? I have max speed already, and the only nectar I can give it makes my speed go down, which I don't want

You can still up its stats at the expense of other stats. No reason to do it really.

Qurupeke

Some help with the Ukanlos urgent please!

25-0912-7944-0548 Pass:0001

Also, if people are interested we could do some (early) G1 stuff after this.

Tom_Cody

Any reccomendations for my first high rank gunner armor set? Bow to be specific. Or does it even matter?

I have HR unlocked but I'm finishing up the LR caravan stuff for now. I just have a few 6 star caravan quests to go before I transition over to 7-star / high rank and the first thing I want to do once I start those missions is farm a set of armor. I will be sad to see my Gore set go, but at least we had a good run...

By default I'm going to go for the Crab armor (I can't remember the name of the monster) but I'm just wondering if there is a different one I should know about before I take on the commitment of killing one monster 10+ times to get their armor.
Anyone?

Mupod

Damn, I can't figure out a decent set for this Molten Tigrex gun. It's awesome though, huge normal 2 clip and fires crag 1-3 with no recoil.

I think I'm gonna need more Gogmazios parts to get something decent going. I felt like I was doing decent damage the last two times I fought it but but I'm not sure how to do it optimally. I watched the speedrun video and that's not really practical in a group since I won't be able to get that close to the chest/front safely.

So far what I've been doing is using pierce ammo and shooting up through his torso, then once the back is broken I go for that. When the head is broken and he falls I try to get in front and go to town. My Daora gun can't fire flaming shot though so I can't really help with softening up his parts. I could make the Gravios gun but getting my single pallium was an unpleasant experience...

I see that you can fight Plum D. Hermit in a G1 quest, but I can't find anywhere how to unlock the quest to fight him. Anyone know which one unlocks him?

Shengar

I see that you can fight Plum D. Hermit in a G1 quest, but I can't find anywhere how to unlock the quest to fight him. Anyone know which one unlocks him?
Have you defeat regular Daimyo Hermitaur? You need to fight it first before you can unlock its subspecies, just like any other monster.

Mzo

I was surprised to see some of those 6 star Caravan hunts go away after you do them. I needed a couple more common high rank Kushala Daora parts but "Wicked Wings" wasn't available anymore..

Advanced quests show up randomly. Check back and you might see it up next time.

VICI0US

Any reccomendations for my first high rank gunner armor set? Bow to be specific. Or does it even matter?

I have HR unlocked but I'm finishing up the LR caravan stuff for now. I just have a few 6 star caravan quests to go before I transition over to 7-star / high rank and the first thing I want to do once I start those missions is farm a set of armor. I will be sad to see my Gore set go, but at least we had a good run...

By default I'm going to go for the Crab armor (I can't remember the name of the monster) but I'm just wondering if there is a different one I should know about before I take on the commitment of killing one monster 10+ times to get their armor.

lagi set is definitely solid. has focus, awaken, weakness exploit, and plenty of slots.

I managed to get focus, awaken, weakness exploit, normal S up, and evasion +1 on mine when I was in high rank.

stygian zinogre is another good option, it has evasion +1 and load up (which you'll need if you make the seregios bow) very easy to gem up to evasion +2/3. if you have a talisman with a few points in fast charge you should be able to gem in focus as well.

Do all armors have the same final maximum defense? I see that I can upgrade Regios X parts to 145 def using many Divine Armor Spheres, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Wanderer5

Thought I try out a new weapon, and decided to try the hunting horn which looks quite amusing to use, plus I like support stuff. Any suggestions on armor to use with the hunting horn (high rank)?

? Stygian Zinogre's guitar looks pretty sweet. Not sure what armor I would use for the hunting horn through.

Wanderer5

That feeling of being a HR6 and entering in a hunt that the other three hunters are G3 rank lol. Might want to try out Yian Garuga for both a charge blade and hunting horn set. Where do I get access to Yian Garuga online btw?

Beats

2 spots open for Kirin/Yian Kut-Ku G-Rank guild quest. Need 3 Azure Peaks from Kirin and 2 Luckears from Kut-ku. > . <

Details above.

edit: Full.

G-Rank Kirin is pretty scary, but it looks like it has low health at least.

I don't understand the point of its new attack though. I literally have never seen it hit anyone. Kinda like G rank Jho's new attack, where it looks like it forgot how to walk and breathes downward.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Gotta admit it's a nice payoff right?

I don't know what's the payoff - once I saw the beast I promptly abandonded the quest - you see I am a trapper/bomber. I got a lot of mileage off those with my Nerscylla S set, but that thing... will require a different approach.

Unicorn

Finally beat caravan Teostra! Perfect too since he gave me the last elder blood I needed to complete my Kirin U armor set.

Now I've got my Daora Glaive ice atk armor.

Ice attack +3
Element atk up
Blight resist
Gem'd tremor resist
Fate down :(

My narwhal set given the squid Glaive and unicorn armor.

I'm still scared to do uka urgent to get to G rank though...

Top Bottom