• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Haha true that, but it's probably because it died fast that it wasn't a big problem. Or the fact that it was a kitten...

I'm not sure what happened. One minute we were being yelled at to get off his lawn and the next the damn thing had a heart attack and died :p

Beats

Thanks everyone in my lobby for helping with getting those mats.

Is Advanced: Monster Hunter! really the only G quest that has regular Gore Magala in it?

You can get a guild quest with G-rank Gore Magala. I got one after I killed Gore Magala on a G-rank expedition.

co1onel

Oh yeah...<.< Welp that was a bit of time waste trying to get field horns from the quests.XD
Don't worry I did the same thing before my friend told me you can buy them at the store
Is Advanced: Monster Hunter! really the only G quest that has regular Gore Magala in it?
I have a g-rank gore guild quest if you want it. Just make sure you don't get a gore guild quest that's too high of a level because it turns into chaotic gore.

Fandangox

Thanks everyone in my lobby for helping with getting those mats.

You can get a guild quest with G-rank Gore Magala. I got one after I killed Gore Magala on a G-rank expedition.

I have a g-rank gore guild quest if you want it. Just make sure you don't get a gore guild quest that's too high of a level because it turns into chaotic gore.

Oh I keep forgetting about expeditions and guild quests lol, But if leveling it up too much makes it a Chaos Gore Magala does that mean I have few tries to get the mats?

Juraash

That feeling when you thought you had a talisman that had loading on it, totally don't and it screws with the plan you had for a quick and easy gunner set :/

Valus

Has anyone had experience with Evasion +3? If so, how useful is it? I've never used the evasion skill in MH3U or this game, so I've gotten used to how to dodge without it. Will the skill really make a huge difference with the normal rolling? Does it really stand out against things like HGE, Windproof, etc?

PrankT

Has anyone had experience with Evasion +3? If so, how useful is it? I've never used the evasion skill in MH3U or this game, so I've gotten used to how to dodge without it. Will the skill really make a huge difference with the normal rolling? Does it really stand out against things like HGE, Windproof, etc?
I haven't used evasion 3, but I notice a big difference when I use evasion 2. HG earplugs and evasion are awesome together.

To semi-quote Gaijin Hunter, he wrote something like: "Evasion+1 is a great skill, evasion+2 is extremely powerful, and evasion+3 will turn you into a lazy spoiled bastard."

Prototype

Finally beat caravan Teostra! Perfect too since he gave me the last elder blood I needed to complete my Kirin U armor set.

Now I've got my Daora Glaive ice atk armor.

Ice attack +3
Element atk up
Blight resist
Gem'd tremor resist
Fate down :(

My narwhal set given the squid Glaive and unicorn armor.

I'm still scared to do uka urgent to get to G rank though...
I'm pretty sure ice attack and element attack don't stack. You should check to see if one of them is greyed out, ie, not active.

tragic

Developer

Unless you are playing Lance and want to do triple backdash invulnerability shenanigans, the only thing you'll get out of Evasion +3 are bad habits.

+1 is an amazing skill, especially on offense (allowing you to stay in close).
+4 frames, 10 total.

+2 is like, +1 with training wheels (gives you only 2 more frames). It gives you a couple extra frames to make up for off timing, but also lets you dodge a few more things.
+6 frames (from base), 12 total

+3 is basically a joke. Those extra 10 Skill Points (after Evasion +1) are much better suited for other skills... and going from a set with +3 to nothing (or even +1) will make you realize how reliant you've become on the Armor Skill and not actual timing and monster knowledge.
+12 frames (from base), 18 total

However, that being said, Evasion +3 is definitely a great skill for people having trouble evading big attacks and getting their timing down. You may want to combo it with Evade Dist to really make it near impossible to get hit (by most things).

It's good, real good, but you'd be better served with things like HGE (like you mentioned) or other skills relevant to your setup.

Leezard

Rajang caravan 10 urgent is one monster im not going to bw ashamed of wanting divine armor sphere defense upgrades for. 1 frame attacks with sweeoint hitboxes that take half of my jp.

Anyone interested in farming seregios, or any other G 1-3 quest? :)

edit: Actually, room's up!

03-1053-4190-8074

G 1-3, Turns, Sacred fires, w/e :)

Mupod

of course the awesome gunner skills have to be on the jackass who can one shot you with every move

also, I had no idea there was a 'super gogmazios'. I do now.

I'm only G2 but I'd wreck on some Seregios for a bit. Been farming charms is about all I've done today.

Sure! i'm in a kill room now but as soon as this fight ends we can join up!

edit:
Actually, room's up!

03-1053-4190-8074

G 1-3, Turns, Sacred fires, w/e :)

co1onel

Unless you are playing Lance and want to do triple backdash invulnerability shenanigans, the only thing you'll get out of Evasion +3 are bad habits.

+1 is an amazing skill, especially on offense (allowing you to stay in close).
+4 frames, 10 total.

+2 is like, +1 with training wheels (gives you only 2 more frames). It gives you a couple extra frames to make up for off timing, but also lets you dodge a few more things.
+6 frames (from base), 12 total

+3 is basically a joke. Those extra 10 Skill Points (after Evasion +1) are much better suited for other skills... and going from a set with +3 to nothing (or even +1) will make you realize how reliant you've become on the Armor Skill and not actual timing and monster knowledge.
+12 frames (from base), 18 total

However, that being said, Evasion +3 is definitely a great skill for people having trouble evading big attacks and getting their timing down. You may want to combo it with Evade Dist to really make it near impossible to get hit (by most things).

It's good, real good, but you'd be better served with things like HGE (like you mentioned) or other skills relevant to your setup.
Not necessarily. With evasion+3, you can roll through roars effortlessly meaning you don't even need earplugs. Plus you can roll through several more attacks, meaning you can keep attacking right up until the last second instead of being forced to back off. You can roll through tiggy's spin attack. You can roll through teostra's super nova. Its not just a defensive tool, it can be used offensively too.

There's no reason the skill should make you lazy if you know how to change your strategy when not using.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Street Festa

ITK6nRn.jpg

haha at that guy on the right. If he was more in the shot, he'd be prime material for being photoshopped.

Beats

Breaking both of Rajang's horns on a two monster quest without killing it before they're broken is pretty hard. :x

Finally finished my set though.

Finally got that blastheart! New set complete and I'm drowning in spare m tigrex parts by now. Speedeating +2 is awesome btw.

Congrats!

Pierate

HR4 yay! Ended up having to solo the final showdown against Mohran as the other guy disconnected. Pretty intense stuff.

tragic

Developer
Not necessarily. With evasion+3, you can roll through roars effortlessly meaning you don't even need earplugs. Plus you can roll through several more attacks, meaning you can keep attacking right up until the last second instead of being forced to back off. You can roll through tiggy's spin attack. You can roll through teostra's super nova. Its not just a defensive tool, it can be used offensively too.

There's no reason the skill should make you lazy if you know how to change your strategy when not using.

Like I mentioned, Evasion as a skill is good for offense - it's right in the first line when talking about Evasion +1. However, the 10 point requirement to go from Evasion +1 to +3 is not worth it from an offensive standpoint. If you are getting Evasion +3 for "offense", then you are doing it wrong. Those points are much better suited elsewhere (if you are talking about offense). If you are getting just for quality of life, then you are definitely doing it right. It's a great skill for that.

The DPS increase of rolling through a roar because of +3 is minuscule to what you'd get from Earplugs or HGE, in the majority of cases. You can immediately at the position you need to be instead of evading through the roll then having to run where you need to be. That also doesn't even count the fact that with Earplugs or HGE, you can immediately kick your teammates out the roar stun and/or you can use the time to set traps or use items.

With those extra 10 points,you can put them towards other actual offensive benefits, like Crit Draw, Sharpness +1, more points towards Artillery God, etc (whatever your weapon benefits most from).

No one gets Evasion +3 for offense. It makes you lazy. Like you said, "roll through roars effortlessly". Guess what, you can roll through some roars with Evasion +2... but it requires effort - knowledge, timing, execution... etc - basically many of the things that MH combat is about.

I'm sure most skills could be argued as having some offensive benefits, but realistically, no one takes Evasion +3 for offense. It's a quality of life skill. It removes much of the timing element required for good evades but does so in the place of other skills that would be more beneficial to actually dealing considerable extra damage for the same 10 point trade-off.

tragic

Developer
I think I asked before but is there a list of monsters you need high grade earplugs against?

Probably missing some.

Elder Dragons (not Kirin)
Jhos (regular, savage)
Mono/Diablos family
Basarios/Gravios (wake up roar)
Khezu family
Najarjala family

... probably forgot something.

Don't need them for Brach anymore (was downgraded).

Can't remember if you need them for Tigrex family, but HGE won't stop the super roar damage.

I think Metal Raths might need. Can't remember (I don't ever run just Earplugs, so I either have HGE or I don't).

Top Bottom