• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

Jho needs high grade earplugs too, but they make its roar evadable by rolling.
L
Also Gravios and its strong roar and Khezus.

Unicorn

I'm pretty sure ice attack and element attack don't stack. You should check to see if one of them is greyed out, ie, not active.

They do stack. There is slight diminishing returns with Ele atk up and [Elem] atk +3 though, you only get an extra 5% instead of an extra 10% from Ele atk up or something in that vein.

edit: link that explains it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt...ack_up_skills_increase_elemental_shot/cpdjspy
Well, Kirin U has both, plus I have a talisman that bumps the ice atk that high, so they were both free, basically.

Juraash

God I hate black Gravios. Spent a a huge portion of yesterday making a semi decent gunner set to at least survive and even though I don't get one shot, the skills are meh enough that I still get wrecked on. Gonna have to re-rethink my entire approach for this one friggin key quest.

jorgejjvr

I need to farm some gold/furious Rajang. Would anyone with the quest be kind enough to help me get the armor materials I need? I'd also like help from other GAFers too.

-Alternis

Beats

Anyone have a list on hand of which maps have which types of Palicos?

untitled-1ghu7q.png

Is there a chart for which Palicos from which area can have specific Meownster Hunter skills/colors?

Or am I just at the mercy of RNGesus to get a 2nd Unreal Blocker/Skill Technician?

God I hate black Gravios. Spent a a huge portion of yesterday making a semi decent gunner set to at least survive and even though I don't get one shot, the skills are meh enough that I still get wrecked on. Gonna have to re-rethink my entire approach for this one friggin key quest.
I can help you with this If you're online

Airan

There are no words to describe how much I despise Apex Rajang. 130ish GQ, had him to 50% hp or so, he does that fucking "EVERYBODY HANDS IN THE AIR!" move where he is able to JUMP BACK before slamming down on us. Caught us all, stunned two of us including me, and one final punch to seal the deal. 3rd KO came shortly after. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this gaaaaaaaame

Beats

Is the furious Rajang offline difficult?

-Alternis

Depends on your skill and how comfortable you are with fighting Furious Rajang solo. : p The Palicoes die fairly quickly to it. If you can handle the online one well then it shouldn't be too difficult.

Shengar

Is there a chart for which Palicos from which area can have specific Meownster Hunter skills/colors?

Or am I just at the mercy of RNGesus to get a 2nd Unreal Blocker/Skill Technician?
You're at the mercy of RNG. It tooks me forever before I could get my first Ranged Onslaught.

jorgejjvr

Depends on your skill and how comfortable you are with fighting Furious Rajang solo. : p The Palicoes die fairly quickly to it. If you can handle the online one well then it shouldn't be too difficult.

I've never fought the online one. If anything I'm looking for someone with the quest to help me grind him.

-Alternis

So um, single player, Apex Seregios.

I mean....what the fuck man.

Yeah, try gunning him. You know how an advantage of ranged is that your attacks don't deflect?
Yeah, they do against Apex guys. It's not cool.

All right, seriously guys, how the heck do you unlock Plum Hermitaur! I've done 5 or 6 G1 missions including Daimyo Hermitaur, and still no Plum.

Juraash

I can help you with this If you're online

Appreciate the offer. Wound up throwing on my normal gear and giving it another try. 35 minutes later and it was done. Eating for FR so it got high enough that he didn't catch my ass on fire if I screwed up made a huge difference. Even had a frenzied Iodrome come calling. But it's done, G3 is a single Gore Magala away.

jorgejjvr

I'm happy. Just solo'd furious Rajang. He took a while but wasn't too bad. Now the horns are a different story...

-Alternis

Shengar

Yep. I was doing online furious (HR7 Seek the Hide), and it took like 35 minutes to break both horns before the kill.
I'm searching for a new weapon to learn, perhaps it shpuld be either GS or Hammer then try practicing it on Rajang's horn?
I'm half serious

I'm searching for a new weapon to learn, perhaps it shpuld be either GS or Hammer then try practicing it on Rajang's horn?
I'm half serious

In Tri, I used both of those weapons equally. Both are fun. Get a focus set and it'll work with both. Would want crit draw on GS though.

Just killed Gore Magala on the caravan quest! I carted twice, but I was able to take him down first try with Velociprey armor and a Coiled Nail. I built some other longswords (ice blade and eager cleaver), too.

Can you wait out when he gets enraged, or do you have to do damage to knock him out of that?

Also, any blademaster's have any recommended armors I should look to build now or soon? I was thinking of sticking this out until Jaggi S, but that seems pretty long to wait.

Shengar

In Tri, I used both of those weapons equally. Both are fun. Get a focus set and it'll work with both. Would want crit draw on GS though.
I have charm for either and I believe Ukanlos X 10 slots will do me wonder.
The problem is I hardly able to ditch IG. I consider it as mounting duty that would make everybody day easier.

Shengar

Would an impact phial blast charge blade work instead? And three pitfall traps?

-Alternis
Yes, it should. Try to stun it while pit trapped since it'll make your life a lof easier. Also Partbreaker skill, especially if you're looking for its horn only.

Ken

so... how much armor does it take for chaos gore to not take me from full to 10% in one stomp?

You mean the body slam? A lot. Probably better to just bank on Defender/protection procs or just be ready to move during the windup. That move is meant to kill everything.

ohlawd

anyone wanna help me with the Wycoon quests in G3? Act of Gog in particular, whatever after. need G crown and no dying allowed
need a two death buffer when I die lol

Top Bottom