• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

so... how much armor does it take for chaos gore to not take me from full to 10% in one stomp?
The two hand stomp? My guess 640+ should left you with 15-20% health. For Monster with big damage like this, better bring Mosswine Jerky as it'll recover your health more than Megapot as long as you can keep the red bar while eating.

ohlawd

anyone wanna help me with the Wycoon quests in G3? Act of Gog in particular, whatever after. need G crown and no dying allowed
need a two death buffer when I die lol

fuck that I'm not gonna be the last post of the previous page

Iryx

So apparently there is a bug that lets you quickly gather lots of Earth Crystals.

If you stun a Basarios while he is toppled, it will create an invisible mining spot where his back was that can be mined endlessly. I just tried it and got 99 in about 15 minutes.

Got it from Reddit

jorgejjvr

Oh god. I went through so much pain, traps, and mega potions and I killed the furious Rajang before I even broke the second horn ;-;

-Alternis

Juraash

That should be more than enough, though its breath is more of a threat than its stomp ever be.

Want to help but I'm in class sadly >__>

Yeah just gave him a try, his breath is definitely the thing to watch for. His physical attacks are just bad enough that if you get breathed after taking one it can get real ugly real fast. Did alright for a first go, but the margin for error when by yourself is paper thin. I'll have to give it a few more tries before I can determine whether I can actually get him by myself.

Strat for him seems largely the same as normal Gore. I just had a harder time sticking to his ass.

Iryx

I suppose it only work for Earth Crystal then? Anyway, thanks for the information! Really need those crystals for worn weapons.

I'm assuming it would work with High Rank and G-rank Basarios aswell, but afaik, heavenly crystals and meteor crystals aren't in as high demand.

Man I feel like any skill that is +1 in this game is just garbage. Carted many times to a stupid Garuga who ate through my stamina and shield with guard +1. Though I guess it's my own fault for not making a true gunlance set yet. Either that or I just suck with the weapon this go around >.>

Shengar

Man I feel like any skill that is +1 in this game is just garbage. Carted many times to a stupid Garuga who ate through my stamina and shield with guard +1. Though I guess it's my own fault for not making a true gunlance set yet. Either that or I just suck with the weapon this go around >.>
You sghouldn't try solo lancing with Garuga
Ever
That monster is nightmare for shield considering how stamina eating all of it attack is. Combined with instantaneous animation for each attack, you are pretty much locked with blocking until the guard break and Garuga pick you with its beak.

Fandangox

For Gunlance I find Guard Boost to be a lot more helpful since it makes previous unblobackle things blockable. Like Gravios' Lasers and gases.

My Current G Set for Gunlance has Artillery God, Razor Sharp, Guard Boost, and Guard +1 I can only get Guard +2 with a 2 slotted Gunlance.

So... are expedition monsters the same healthwise as gathering hall ones or are they "easier" like other single player monsters.

So... are expedition monsters the same healthwise as gathering hall ones or are they "easier" like other single player monsters.

Depends on the expedition rank, but I think on average they are about the same or slightly easier to kill than Caravan quest monsters.

It's the Guild Quests that are made for multiple players and can scale up to very high difficulties.

Shengar

I think they are on the same level with offline monsters. Diablos die pretty quickly, makes me think that they nerf him a lot in this game.

Any tips for going online? I've been taking my time in caravan, i like to check gear and craft and generally go slow before each hunt. Finally got to the point in caravan where I need to reach certain hr to proceed and I guess that means going online for me. Is slowness tolerated or not in the guild hall online?

You sghouldn't try solo lancing with Garuga
Ever
That monster is nightmare for shield considering how stamina eating all of it attack is. Combined with instantaneous animation for each attack, you are pretty much locked with blocking until the guard break and Garuga pick you with its beak.
Yeah I learned that right after the first cart. But still, with all the chip damage that guard +1 gets is like, why bother? Like now I also tried my hand at Black Diablos which wasn't a problem for me in 3U and this time it's lol no because if you happen to block the first leaping charge it has a quick pivot that depending on where you and Diablos are on the map can get you before you can turn around which is another one of those garbage moments. :/

For Gunlance I find Guard Boost to be a lot more helpful since it makes previous unblobackle things blockable. Like Gravios' Lasers and gases.

My Current G Set for Gunlance has Artillery God, Razor Sharp, Guard Boost, and Guard +1 I can only get Guard +2 with a 2 slotted Gunlance.
Don't you still eat a lot of damage from guard boost?

Fandangox

Don't you still eat a lot of damage from guard boost?

Yes, but at least you have the option to block something if you somehow end in a situation where you cannot block due to being stuck in an attack animation, or you don't have time to sheathe.

Also Jorge you left just as we finished lol

Mupod

well I finally conquered my old nemesis from MHFU, granted it was just the caravan version of furious rajang. I'm still a little iffy on dealing with the triple blanka ball but I never carted. I did end up burning felyne moxie because my character decided to roll forward instead of sideways for whatever reason.

Funny thing is it was a WoW raid night so I could only fight it during breaks. Which worked out because I was so hyped up my hands were getting all sweaty, hard to control the N3DS nub like that. Got a first kill on a mythic boss right after I beat Rajang, feels good man.

co1onel

so... how much armor does it take for chaos gore to not take me from full to 10% in one stomp?
There's a simpler solution that getting more defense. Don't get hit by it :p

It has a pretty noticeable startup so I think its easy to get out of the way in time. You just have to know how fucking bullshit the hotboxes are on it. They extend clear to the middle of his body.

I'm HR6, and Kiranico has three HR7 quests listed as urgent: Shagaru Magala, Dalamadur, and Ukanlos. Which is the one that actually gets you to HR7, and is that the same one that uncaps your HR?

Got a room up if anyone's looking to get to 7: 28-0848-7177-3058, pw: 3004. I'm Norah in-game.

I'm HR6, and Kiranico has three HR7 quests listed as urgent: Shagaru Magala, Dalamadur, and Ukanlos. Which is the one that actually gets you to HR7, and is that the same one that uncaps your HR?

Got a room up if anyone's looking to get to 7: 28-0848-7177-3058, pw: 3004. I'm Norah in-game.

First question is Magala gets you to HR 7. 2nd question is Dalamadur and finally Ukanlos gets you to G even though the quest itself is considered High. Weird how that works eh?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

S Magala to 7, Dalam to uncap, Ukanlos to G.

Top Bottom