• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

Yeah I learned that right after the first cart. But still, with all the chip damage that guard +1 gets is like, why bother? Like now I also tried my hand at Black Diablos which wasn't a problem for me in 3U and this time it's lol no because if you happen to block the first leaping charge it has a quick pivot that depending on where you and Diablos are on the map can get you before you can turn around which is another one of those garbage moments. :/
Yeah, I've seen all armor in MH4U and truthfully, there isn't any really solid armor for lance guarding. Agnaktor X is decent, but the Fire Attack+ is totally wasted there. This is where I really miss Glacial Agnaktor Z for its guard oriented armor skills.

Maybe a newbie question, but I'm not able to use traps for the village Gendrome capture quest. No matter what the area beyond the first one, I can't use anything but the blue box shock trap. Any help?

Also, might as well post my friend code for anyone wanting to help a new person.
1349-5765-1812

Unicorn

Yeah, I've seen all armor in MH4U and truthfully, there isn't any really solid armor for lance guarding. Agnaktor X is decent, but the Fire Attack+ is totally wasted there. This is where I really miss Glacial Agnaktor Z for its guard oriented armor skills.

Could hope for a godly talisman drop to give the skills and gem what's missing?

Maybe a newbie question, but I'm not able to use traps for the Gendrome capture quests. No matter what the area beyond the first one, I can't use anything but the blue box shock trap. Any help?

Also, might as well post my friend code for anyone wanting to help a new person.
1349-5765-1812

Are there spiderwebs or vines you're on? Trap tool needs to be combined with net or thunderbug for it to be a trap :p

yami4ct

Just reached G-Special 1 rank! Yay. Gog was a pretty fun fight. Overall I'm enjoying the big Elder Dragons in 4U much more than those in 3U. Ceadeus is such crap.

Is there a good G-Special guide? I honestly have little clue what the heck I'm doing filling these scrolls up. The wiki sort of loses its helpfulness after G-3.

ohlawd

lol wat

so I wanted to hunt at least once tonight. first Gog room I find has Act of Gog up. I'm thinking this will probably not end well but fucking whatever, right? at least get some tail carves. three people in there and they weren't saying jack. quest start and one dude leaves not even five minutes in. second dude leaves around the ten minute mark. tail has long been cut. I considered the quest to be a success then. if the third dude and I cart, no sweat. after 30 mins of hitting this giant walking piece of crap and a demolisher (I've seen people use this but this is the first time I've seen it used right and the music changed), it died

two Wartorn gems, fuck yeah made my night

Mzo

Maybe a newbie question, but I'm not able to use traps for the Gendrome capture quests. No matter what the area beyond the first one, I can't use anything but the blue box shock trap. Any help?

1349-5765-1812

That sounds weird. Are you trying to put down a trap when one is already out? You can't do that.

Paintball them, get them to crawl away, wait until their dot stops moving and trap them where they sleep. They shouldn't change rooms at that point.

_Clash_

To the super high level Bow Gunner than just helped me with some farming. Thanking you. Reckon you probably post here.

Also,

Would someone be up for farming Jaggi x2 HR?

Gathering Hall ID

54-3443-0182-6930

Shengar

Could hope for a godly talisman drop to give the skills and gem what's missing?
Too luck based and it's charm mining for Guard+2 and Guard Up is pretty much end game stuff.
lol wat

so I wanted to hunt at least once tonight. first Gog room I find has Act of Gog up. I'm thinking this will probably not end well but fucking whatever, right? at least get some tail carves. three people in there and they weren't saying jack. quest start and one dude leaves not even five minutes in. second dude leaves around the ten minute mark. tail has long been cut. I considered the quest to be a success then. if the third dude and I cart, no sweat. after 30 mins of hitting this giant walking piece of crap and a demolisher (I've seen people use this but this is the first time I've seen it used right and the music changed), it died

two Wartorn gems, fuck yeah made my night

What do you mean by using it correctly?

To the super high level Bow Gunner than just helped me with some farming. Thanking you. Reckon you probably post here.

Also,

Would someone be up for farming Jaggi x2 HR?

Gathering Hall ID

54-3443-0182-6930

I would since I need screamer sacs.
*edit: I don't see your room.

Mupod

I'm pretty good with the demolisher, haven't missed yet. Just keep in mind that it aims for the burnt spot on the ground in front of the dragonator and you're good. You can blast him out of the air with it too, which is super satisfying.

I need a bit more confidence before I mess with Act of Gog again though.

Juraash

Man today was a good day. Overcame probably my biggest wall in the game and hit G3. Chaotic Gore, like his brothers is super fun to fight. I keep getting rare drops from them, I almost feel obligated to make something. Also did some questing with people from GAF which was super fun. MP really opens up an entirely new way to enjoy the game.

New goals are to build a Stygian Zinogre set, buff up my bows and accompanying sets and work on G3. I'd really like to get my 3 commendations from G3 quests so I can get my GS to max. Not sure what the path of least resistance will be for those. Really hoping to play with more people now that I'm content with how far I got solo.

Wanderer5

Working on a Barioth Hunting Horn set for the evade stuff heh. I should look for some really good talismans that also has some slots so I can get Evasion +2 and Maestro via slots.

So today I started using the lance, watched the Gaijin Hunter video and went to work.

Why didn't you guys tell me lances are so cool? :3 What's a good lance to work up to? I'm using the Plesioth lance right now.

That sounds weird. Are you trying to put down a trap when one is already out? You can't do that.

Paintball them, get them to crawl away, wait until their dot stops moving and trap them where they sleep. They shouldn't change rooms at that point.

Nope. I'm only able to use the supply box trap. Nothing else. Dunno.

Are there spiderwebs or vines you're on? Trap tool needs to be combined with net or thunderbug for it to be a trap :p

I've got a shock and pitfall trap, but can't use no matter the surface. So, yeah, spiderwebs in some areas, but even when it moves to another area I can't use. Maybe I'm missing something

Waikis

Who else is a hunting horn user here? What end game horn(s) are you guys using and why?

I currently have the following horns:

1. Maqam Sedition
Pros:
- Sharpness regens when rolling
- Purple sharpness
- Good selection of songs (unlimited stamina synergises well with the sharpness regen)
Cons:
- Medium Damage

2. Onyx Terpsichore
Pros:
- Purple Sharpness
- Best songs (AupL) / Def L
Cons:
- Weakest damage out of the three

3. Akantor Dark Melody
Pros:
- Absolutely disgusting raw damage (1768) with 40% affinity!!!
- Same set of of song as Maqam.
Cons:
- Need Sharpness +1 to be viable (it only has green sharpness, blue with +1)

So, how does the three horns stack up against each other in terms of raw damage? Here's a calculation that someone did:
- Maqam 1456 x 1.44 x 1.05 = 2201
- Akantor 1768 x 1.2 x 1.1 = 2545 (with sharpness +1)
- Onyx 1508 x 1.44 x 0.9625 = 2090
As we see above, Akantor significantly outdamages the other two horns.

However, with the AUpL song, the damage boost for the team will outweigh the raw damage advantage of the Akantor. Some people also argue that Maqam will provide the most consistent DPS due to the sharpness regen which minimises your downtime.

On the topic of Hone, I should also mention that Life hone is definitely a viable option for Horn users as it heals for a pretty significant amount.

Are there any other end game horns which I don't know about?

Prototype

So much this. So much.

They really couldn't put it in? Or give the skills to the regular version? Pretty lame imo, especially since Gravios looks incredibly stupid and ugly.

Hey Monster Hunter GAF just came in here to vent.

I joined one of those raise HR rooms to do my dalamadur urgent. I help two people with there urgents and when it comes to my turn they both bail. I wait for people join and eventually start my urgent, but one guy triple carts. 2nd attempt same guy carts twice, giving the other 3 no room for error, but another guys ends up carting.

why gaf why.

Unicorn

Hey Monster Hunter GAF just came in here to vent.

I joined one of those raise HR rooms to do my dalamadur urgent. I help two people with there urgents and when it comes to my turn they both bail. I wait for people join and eventually start my urgent, but one guy triple carts. 2nd attempt same guy carts twice, giving the other 3 no room for error, but another guys ends up carting.

why gaf why.

Because you didn't ask for GAF help in the stead of having friends playing with you. I want/need some Dalamadur parts, but swamped with HW currently.

Wanderer5

So much this. So much.

They really couldn't put it in? Or give the skills to the regular version? Pretty lame imo, especially since Gravios looks incredibly stupid and ugly.

Aw man that some cool armor with some nice skills heh. Way cooler than Gravios indeed.

Managed to join a G Rank Crimson Fatalis room and it took my group like 8 tries before killing it - my group kept carting it to it. Crimson Fatty is definitely no joke here, and everyone needs Life Powders to keep the team alive.

Shengar

Nope. I'm only able to use the supply box trap. Nothing else. Dunno.

I've got a shock and pitfall trap, but can't use no matter the surface. So, yeah, spiderwebs in some areas, but even when it moves to another area I can't use. Maybe I'm missing something
Besides the spider web, you should be able to place trap anywhere you like. If you already place a trap somewhere, you can't put another until that previous trap is gone. For assurance, just wait until the monster fast asleep and place it directly under their body.
So much this. So much.

Glacial Agnaktor set is awesome skill wise, and look wise. Even if the regular version is totally wasted on that Fire Attack+, it looks make it more appealing than Gravios set ever was.

PrankT

After many moons of using the hunting horn I decided to use the hammer and great sword the last couple days. Boy the game seems a lot easier with those weapons. The horn is still great online, but I may have to spread my wings a bit.

Because you didn't ask for GAF help in the stead of having friends playing with you. I want/need some Dalamadur parts, but swamped with HW currently.

Surprisingly I've had very few problems with randoms until today.

Also tried the event quest with zinogre, kirin, and rajang. I got 3 jaspers off carves, but we failed the quest >.< Can't put all the blame on others for this one though. I would've died once if I didn't have moxie.

I'm done trying for today, but I'll try asking for help here tomorrow.

Unicorn

Surprisingly I've had very few problems with randoms until today.

Also tried the event quest with zinogre, kirin, and rajang. I got 3 jaspers off carves, but we failed the quest >.< Can't put all the blame on others for this one though. I would've died once if I didn't have moxie.

I'm done trying for today, but I'll try asking for help here tomorrow.

That quest is super hard, especially when it out-and-out lies with the HR4 requirement. That shit should be locked to HR8. Did it at HR7 and it took a bunch of G-Ranks to carry my ass through the BS Sprinting Kirin and SSJ38902 Rajang

Did my first Chaos Gore with randoms and with exception to the bow guy carting twice it went really well. And yeah he does hurt a lot.

Wanderer5

Sheesh how rare are freezer sac? I need 5 of them, and yet none has come, even after god know how many shiny drops there were in the last zamtrios fight. Come on.-.-

colinp

Banned
Caravan 5 star hunting both a Rathalos AND Zinogre is killing me! Any tips? I'm thinking of crafting Zinogre armor to take them on with. Is that a good idea?

PrankT

Anyone with a room where you can carry me while I try a greatsword for the first time online? Carts are expected!

azyless

Caravan 5 star hunting both a Rathalos AND Zinogre is killing me! Any tips? I'm thinking of crafting Zinogre armor to take them on with. Is that a good idea?
Are you using dung bombs to make one of them flee when they're in the same area ? If you can beat them on their respective quest it shouldn't be an issue, specially since I'm pretty sure they have reduced HPs.

Ken

Managed to join a G Rank Crimson Fatalis room and it took my group like 8 tries before killing it - my group kept carting it to it. Crimson Fatty is definitely no joke here, and everyone needs Life Powders to keep the team alive.

Na, he's pretty easy. People just have to avoid the dust and his butt smash. Oh, and the frontal nuke with like 3 second windup.

----

When's the earliest Deviljho can show up in expeditions?

I'm a MH vet that just got into MH4U. Was a hammer user before this, but I decided to try out something different. This time around, I went with the Charge Blade. It charges, there's vials, there's a shield, there's a giant axe, there's guard point, there's a super, there's an ultra! What's there not to like?

My experience so far, didn't bother with village quest...went straight to HR1. First mission, Seltas (didn't know what it was when I chose it...apparently it's a huge ass bug). Wearing newbie armor and using newbie weapon. Each hit on me took down about 1/3 life. This took a while...about 30 mins.

I knew I needed some armor, so I went for the Great Jaggi in HR1. Farmed him about 3 times and got my Jaggi armor set.

Moved on to Tetsucabra (heard his armor is guud). Took 25 mins and lotsa pots on first try. Need to nail down that guard point for his attacks. I stopped after the first Tetsucabra.

Any tips for the new Charge Blade user?
Is there any farm, bug nest, mining point, fishing point in town? (as per previous game?)
Can I totally ignore village quests? Do I need anything from Village Quests?

Shengar

Any tips for the new Charge Blade user?
Is there any farm, bug nest, mining point, fishing point in town? (as per previous game?)
Can I totally ignore village quests? Do I need anything from Village Quests?
You seriously shouldn't skip Caravan Quest. That's the only way you could get access to decorations, item multiplication, material trading, wystone against frenzied monster, fishing minigames for scatterfish, and offline exclusives monster such as Monoblos.

You seriously shouldn't skip Caravan Quest. That's the only way you could get access to decorations, item multiplication, material trading, wystone against frenzied monster, fishing minigames for scatterfish, and offline exclusives monster such as Monoblos.

Are Caravan quest same as Village quest? What are Caravan points for?

catmario

While Capcom Korea is developing Deep Down server and Breath of Fire 6, Interesting rumor was found by inven.co.kr. Most of info and speculation by inven.co.kr is based on Capcom Korea's Job posting pages. This is summarize of the article by inven.

Inven.co.kr said:
"&#52897;&#53092;&#53076;&#47532;&#50500;&#44032; &#54620;&#44397; &#48288;&#53580;&#46993; &#44060;&#48156;&#51088;&#46308;&#51012; &#52292;&#50857;&#54644; &#50616;&#47532;&#50620; &#50644;&#51652;4 &#44592;&#48152;&#51004;&#47196;
'&#47788;&#49828;&#53552;&#54732;&#53552; &#54532;&#47200;&#54000;&#50612; &#50728;&#46972;&#51064;2'&#47484; &#44060;&#48156; &#51473;&#51060;&#47728;, 2016&#45380; &#51060;&#54980; &#51068;&#48376; &#49884;&#51109;&#51012; &#53440;&#44191;&#51004;&#47196; &#54616;&#44256; &#51080;&#45796;."

To recap briefly, "Capcom Korea is developing Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 (Tentative name) that powered by Unreal engine 4 with Korean Developer. This title is targeted to Japanese market with 2016 release"

While It's not sure whether this is sequel to Monster Hunter Frontier online or another new title.
At least, Using Unreal Engine 4 and developing Monster Hunter related title by Capcom Korea is true.

And There are also interesting words from Game Job forum in korea. According to job hunters on the forum, Capcom Korea's new Monster Hunter title is not "Monster Hunter Online" by Tencent, It has better graphics than china one. Capcom headquarter is very satisfing on This title.

I don't know this rumor is deserve to go new thread. If there is requests for making new thread, then I'll make this. I want to translate whole article, but I don't want to see my post to be blocked by flaw translation. ;(

Source:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=128965
http://www.gamejob.co.kr/community/talk/read.asp?page=1&idx=15898&B_S_idx=0&talk_stat=T3&Search_Name=&Search_String=
http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/etc/101/read?articleId=24773154&bbsId=G005&searchKey=daumname&itemId=421&sortKey=depth&searchValue=%25ED%2580%2598%25EB%2584%25AC

Na, he's pretty easy. People just have to avoid the dust and his butt smash. Oh, and the frontal nuke with like 3 second windup.

----

When's the earliest Deviljho can show up in expeditions?

Funny you ask, I had him show up on my first G expedition.

Top Bottom