• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

deim0s

Any tips for the new Charge Blade user?
Is there any farm, bug nest, mining point, fishing point in town? (as per previous game?)
Can I totally ignore village quests? Do I need anything from Village Quests?

Use shield thrust often, its fast.
Keep shield charged most of the time.
Charge > A > super.
Forget about the axe mode's double swing just go direct to super, unless you have a wide opening.
Back + X when winding up to release the super insted of ultra.
Use side step to reposition or after a block.
Nercylla's CB has good sharpness to start off till late High Rank.

Do not ignore the Village quests! You unlock things that you need for guild hall quests (and up) and should cover your second question.

Just gotta do the Wycoon's quest to unlock him, done a couple of Expeditions. What is Rusted gear, and can you fix it?

Also, are expedition infinite?

Ken

Just gotta do the Wycoon's quest to unlock him, done a couple of Expeditions. What is Rusted gear, and can you fix it?

Also, are expedition infinite?

If you've ever played Diablo or other loot games, rusted gear is basically gear with randomized stats and attributes that needs to be identified (polished in Harth).

Expeditions are infinite but they are randomized every time a "day" passes, pulling from the pool of available monsters. Guild quests are static versions of expeditions in that the weapon bias and enemy is the same, but will get harder and more rewarding after every clear. They're also scaled to a full group and you go through the Gathering Hall to do them.

It's the same, and you use caravan point nearly the same way in MH3U did: item multiplication.

Don't forget the village requests!

Tanis

Could you help me with a basic question that I can't find on the wiki?

If I have a +element effect from armor (say +ice atk), and I attack a monster that is resistant to that element, do I do less damage compared to having no +element effect active? Or does it only matter if my weapon does the same damage type as the armor skill?

Pila

I have bad news for that shitty ISP I've been using lately, too bad that means no online playing while I'm signing up with a new one :( I'll be back guys, it's solo playing for a while.

colinp

Banned
Are you using dung bombs to make one of them flee when they're in the same area ? If you can beat them on their respective quest it shouldn't be an issue, specially since I'm pretty sure they have reduced HPs.

Yeah I was taking them on one to one with no luck... But I tried again after taking down Zinogre by himself a few times in that other 5* quest and I did it!

Think I was being a bit too aggressive and impatient. Love learning how to do these fights well.

deim0s

I'll try to do it alone first thogh, perfect chance to practice my Hammer it seems.

Haha. It does work! For some reason only got to 25. the bug resolved on it own when Basarios spawned at the same place.

Edit nope... Its still there! Wished i brouht more pick axes.

Edit2:
wyPfdXO.jpg

Shengar

Haha. It does work! For some reason only got to 25. the bug resolved on it own when Basarios spawned at the same place.

Edit nope... Its still there! Wished i brouht more pick axes.

Edit2:

Want to try it now but I guess those earth crystal have to wait until I've done with mye homework lol
What hammer are you using? I want to bring G Rank weapon so I can go all out with speed gathering, but I'm afraid I might accidentally killed it while trying to tripping it.

redcrayon

Frenzied Brachyios in caravan 9* was kicking my arse this morning, especially when seregios turned up and the two tag-teamed me in a corner with a series of explosions and bleed-causing projectiles. I managed to use a farcaster to escape and then instantly bled to death mere moments from my bed! :D

Went back and beat him though. Guard-up has been my favourite skill as a lancer this time around.

The wystones I've unlocked in the story are pretty cool too, I'm just getting my head around them now.

So today I made Mimi mimi mi (lol mizuha chamelos) then Miku miku mi, then uka uka u.

Right now I like Miku more than Uka. HG earplugs and wind proof high and gemmed in tremor resist and sharpness +1. I don't know how Uka can top that. HG earplugs are so good.

Airan

While Capcom Korea is developing Deep Down server and Breath of Fire 6, Interesting rumor was found by inven.co.kr. Most of info and speculation by inven.co.kr is based on Capcom Korea's Job posting pages. This is summarize of the article by inven.

To recap briefly, "Capcom Korea is developing Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 (Tentative name) that powered by Unreal engine 4 with Korean Developer. This title is targeted to Japanese market with 2016 release"

While It's not sure whether this is sequel to Monster Hunter Frontier online or another new title.
At least, Using Unreal Engine 4 and developing Monster Hunter related title by Capcom Korea is true.

And There are also interesting words from Game Job forum in korea. According to job hunters on the forum, Capcom Korea's new Monster Hunter title is not "Monster Hunter Online" by Tencent, It has better graphics than china one. Capcom headquarter is very satisfing on This title.

I don't know this rumor is deserve to go new thread. If there is requests for making new thread, then I'll make this. I want to translate whole article, but I don't want to see my post to be blocked by flaw translation. ;(

Source:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=128965
http://www.gamejob.co.kr/community/talk/read.asp?page=1&idx=15898&B_S_idx=0&talk_stat=T3&Search_Name=&Search_String=
http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/do/ruliweb/default/etc/101/read?articleId=24773154&bbsId=G005&searchKey=daumname&itemId=421&sortKey=depth&searchValue=%25ED%2580%2598%25EB%2584%25AC

Welp, time to learn Japanese.

deim0s

Want to try it now but I guess those earth crystal have to wait until I've done with mye homework lol
What hammer are you using? I want to bring G Rank weapon so I can go all out with speed gathering, but I'm afraid I might accidentally killed it while trying to tripping it.

Freshly bought Seregios hammer to a < lvl31 Bassy.

Actually, I'm killing it 2/3's of the time - that's when I'm working on the legs and or getting clipped by the wings to stun the face.

Shengar

Anyone knows what armor GaijinHunter wear in his hammer tutorial video?
Freshly bought Seregios hammer to a < lvl31 Bassy.

Actually, I'm killing it 2/3's of the time - that's when I'm working on the legs and or getting clipped by the wings to stun the face.

That mean I must bring something that weaker than Seregios hammer, but not too weak either. Don't want my low rank Basarios ranked up to HR just because accidental kills lol

Can you wait out when Gore Magala gets enraged (changes colors) or do you have to damage him out of that? Is it the same for most monsters?

Will it be difficult to use Velociprey armor only until I get to Jaggi S? I see a few things I can make in ASS, but I'm not sure how much they will help since it seems like I can't get many armor skills in LR.

Ken

That mean I must bring something that weaker than Seregios hammer, but not too weak either. Don't want my low rank Basarios ranked up to HR just because accidental kills lol

Ukanlos mask X
Garuga X chest
Vangis Coil X (one of the deviljho ones but pretty sure X)

Boots might be maiden socks X (torso up).

Can't tell what the arms are, sorry, but you could probably piece together the missing skill points lol.

Leezard

Can you wait out when Gore Magala gets enraged (changes colors) or do you have to damage him out of that? Is it the same for most monsters?

Will it be difficult to use Velociprey armor only until I get to Jaggi S? I see a few things I can make in ASS, but I'm not sure how much they will help since it seems like I can't get many armor skills in LR.
You have to damage him out of it when he gets his horns /feelers. You have to deal enough damage to him and then hit hos head when his feelers start to glow.

Tom_Cody

No, you have to damage him.

I ran into the same issue when I first faced him. Just focus on trapping and then bombing him once his horns come out.

azyless

I did almost everything up to shagaru magala with a tetsucabra set so it's definitely doable if you've upgraded it + your weapons. Changed to Tigrex+rathalos though towards the end, pretty easy to craft and I don't know how much of a difficulty jump there is in the beginning of high rank.

I did almost everything up to shagaru magala with a tetsucabra set so it's definitely doable if you've upgraded it + your weapons. Changed to Tigrex+rathalos though towards the end, pretty easy to craft and I don't know how much of a difficulty jump there is in the beginning of high rank.

That was another thing I wanted to ask, should I start using armor sphere+ on that armor? I don't know how rare those are as I just started getting them.

deim0s

Any hammer with white sharpness wouldn't bounce.

You could just triple cart to fail it.

Made a mistake of saving my game tho. :/

Mupod

"Oh, Ghoulish Gold Gorer is an 80% on Furious Rajang horn break. There's no way I'll run into the same problem I did with those 60% Kushala Daora hardhorns."

This is getting silly. I'm rolling in dire blasthearts and elder dragon jewels but I've got a recurring problem with anything that has a drop rate over 50%.

Well, I guess the time has come to get really good at Rajang. Thinking of making a GS set to farm the caravan's Rajang horn subquest - I've already got the rare parts I need for Diablos and Kushala Daora armor as well as Cera Cymmetry. Now I just need the common bits...oh god not this shit again.

Come to think of it I need Rajang tails too. Does cutting its tail still make it unable to go super saiyan? I remember it needed ice damage to do that in FU but it was hard as hell.

Shengar

Any hammer with white sharpness wouldn't bounce.

You could just triple cart to fail it.

Made a mistake of saving my game tho. :/
My pride dictates not to faint, even deliberately
I've tried that when I in desperate need of cosmicite ore while I don't have the harvest tour yet. What was I doing never sit well with me.
Come to think of it I need Rajang tails too. Does cutting its tail still make it unable to go super saiyan? I remember it needed ice damage to do that in FU but it was hard as hell.

It's very hard because you can only cut it when it goes enrage. Also you only able to cut regular Rajang tail, not the furious individual.

taybul

Fought a Savage Jho in a rare expedition and man is he brutal. He was mostly hanging around a narrow part of the map which certainly didn't help. I fortunately brought dung bombs but used them all up; since when could you get pinned by a tail whip? In the end he fled but I never expected to be ready for him.

Being a gunner in G Rank without forging G Rank armor yet is somewhat difficult. Everything kills you. Velocidrome even kills you if you get reckless.

tuffy

Being a gunner in G Rank without forging G Rank armor yet is somewhat difficult. Everything kills you. Velocidrome even kills you if you get reckless.
Even with mostly upgraded G gunner rank armor and eating for defense, that just means it takes a couple of big hits to send me to the cart instead of just one.

All I can really do is keep practicing to avoid being hit at all, and keep my health maxed out at all times if I happen to slip up.

Mupod

Get used to it. That's how shit is gonna be from now on. Felyne moxie is your friend...until you run into the monsters who one shot you AND put a burn/poison/stun with the same move. Buy Mosswine Jerky, it recovers your red health and is better than mega pots as a gunner. Also heals Steve's bleed.

Lagombi X is actually pretty damn nice and easy to farm. Was easily able to gem some useful stuff into it and Lasting Power is deceptively powerful if you get in the habit of chugging might/adamant seeds. There's nothing TOO hard in the G1 quests but beware of tiger zamtrios. Regular Zam is a walk in the park for a gunner once it inflates, so you'd think a Zamtrios that spends more time in fat mode would be easy. Watch out for the water cannon.

From there I went to Nargacuga X, which requires stuff from Zinogre. Who is very easy as gunner, but quite capable of one shotting you in super rage mode so be careful.

Once I get my third zenith gem I'm really thinking of honing my Tigrex gun for defense. 60 def and divine blessing might be the difference between life and death when it comes to getting punched by Rajang - I often survive with a sliver of health and that's after using an adamant seed. My instinct is always to go max offense though, and attack hone puts that gun well over 600 attack.

Get used to it. That's how shit is gonna be from now on. Felyne moxie is your friend...until you run into the monsters who one shot you AND put a burn/poison/stun with the same move. Buy Mosswine Jerky, it recovers your red health and is better than mega pots as a gunner. Also heals Steve's bleed.

Lagombi X is actually pretty damn nice and easy to farm. Was easily able to gem some useful stuff into it and Lasting Power is deceptively powerful if you get in the habit of chugging might/adamant seeds. There's nothing TOO hard in the G1 quests but beware of tiger zamtrios. Regular Zam is a walk in the park for a gunner once it inflates, so you'd think a Zamtrios that spends more time in fat mode would be easy. Watch out for the water cannon.

From there I went to Nargacuga X, which requires stuff from Zinogre. Who is very easy as gunner, but quite capable of one shotting you in super rage mode so be careful.

Once I get my third zenith gem I'm really thinking of honing my Tigrex gun for defense. 60 def and divine blessing might be the difference between life and death when it comes to getting punched by Rajang - I often survive with a sliver of health and that's after using an adamant seed. My instinct is always to go max offense though, and attack hone puts that gun well over 600 attack.

Wow, this is great advice, thanks! I never would have thought about Mosswine, but that makes perfect sense.

I've been wanting to get the Plum Hermitaur armor, and I've done a boat load of quests (including regular crab), but his quest to fight him still isn't unlocked! It gives Guts, which prevents those tricksy 1-shot moves.

I've been getting a lot better at dodging and evasion invulnerability and stuff. So far it hasn't been too bad. That darn 2x Cephadrome quest is kicking my butt for some reason though... I never had a problem with him in High Rank, but I keep dying and have no clue what's killing me.

Mupod

Wow, this is great advice, thanks! I never would have thought about Mosswine, but that makes perfect sense.

I've been wanting to get the Plum Hermitaur armor, and I've done a boat load of quests (including regular crab), but his quest to fight him still isn't unlocked! It gives Guts, which prevents those tricksy 1-shot moves.

I've been getting a lot better at dodging and evasion invulnerability and stuff. So far it hasn't been too bad. That darn 2x Cephadrome quest is kicking my butt for some reason though... I never had a problem with him in High Rank, but I keep dying and have no clue what's killing me.

Purple hermitaur armor is actually really cool. The helmet in particular is very versatile and useful in many pierce sets as you need recoil down. I use it in mine.

Cephalos got me once. I got paralyzed, and he followed up with attacks that didn't knock down. So I was stuck in paralyze and could do nothing but sit there and die. Pierce wrecks him just as bad as it does Plesioth though, so if you line it up right he'll stagger fast. I think I used the Nerscylla gun at the time.

Tom_Cody

I always forget about trapping. How hard is it to get his feelers if you trap him?

Nice, those were what made me not want to try to farm for his set. If I need to build something else, I might do that.
Trapping and bombing is the best/easiest way to get feelers. My first goal once I reached him was to farm for his bow, and I needed two feelers for that, so I know exactly what you are experiencing right now.

After getting the bow, I decided to go for his full armor and the most difficult part for me to get by far was his Plate. I had to kill him ~12 times to get one plate. By that time I had plenty of everything else, feelers included. Well, it was also kind of hard for me to get his tail as an archer, but I was able to cut his tail on the one attempt where I went for it.

Would anybody be interested in helping to level one of my guild quests for Divine Armor Spheres?

I have that are closest to the needed level:

- Lv. 98 Yian Garuga, S. Axe/C.Blade/L.Glaive, Tri Series C (Chest)
- Lv. 98 Gore Magala, Great Sword/Long Sword, Tri Series E (Waist)
- Lv. 118 Chamelios, Great Sword/Long Sword, Freedom Series B (Arms)

I was given some other cool monsters but they are much lower level.

EDIT: NEvermind. I'll just do some keys with randoms.

Hi guys, couple of questions.

1) What's the most consistent way of farming Deviljho/Savage Deviljho in G-Rank?
2) What's a good G-Rank set for gunner? I'm planning on trying out the Seregios Light Bowgun.

Leezard

1) What's the most consistent way of farming Deviljho/Savage Deviljho in G-Rank?
2) What's a good G-Rank set for gunner? I'm planning on trying out the Seregios Light Bowgun.
1. Guild quests.

2. Empress/sororal /gog/vangis/sororal is decent set for seregios lbg. Gem for dead eye and normal up.

Mupod

I'm currently using the Seregios hat + narga X, but Gogmazios armor has some stuff I want to try out with a normal s-focused bowgun. Dead Eye/Trajectory increases the distance at which your shots do full damage which I think would be very helpful for normal 2 spam. Also comes with normal up, too.

Not too interested in the Arcana skill it comes with (awaken +elemental up +status up) but that might be useful on some LBGs? I wouldn't be using the full armor set anyways.

What is it about the Seregios LBG that you like?
I only ask because, while the gimmick is kind of neat, its practicality isn't very large. The clip sizes for the shots it Rapid Fires are really small, so while you're dodging it's OK, while you're just laying it on the monster (which happens a lot), it's really frustrating to have to reload or sidestep and ruin your shot against the weak spots. There are other LBGs that do what Seregios one does, but have much larger clip sizes.

jorgejjvr

Could anyone with the online G furious Rajang quest kindly help me obtain just ONE ghoulish gold gorer because I'm having zero luck whatsoever. I haven't even seen a single Rajang with both horns broken. I need assistance >.<

-Alternis

Mupod

Could anyone with the online G furious Rajang quest kindly help me obtain just ONE ghoulish gold gorer because I'm having zero luck whatsoever. I haven't even seen a single Rajang with both horns broken. I need assistance >.<

-Alternis

If you do the Bad Hair Day questline offline the final monster is furious rajang. I did it last night and noticed it had a subquest for breaking the horns. If you can get the horns off and end via subquest you'll get the break reward.

My plan is to take a GS and some traps in there. Note that he destroys traps unless he's raging, but he stays in those pitfalls for a LONG time.

The questline itself is easy to miss since it's from that afro felyne who occasionally is rummaging through your item box.

jorgejjvr

If you do the Bad Hair Day questline offline the final monster is furious rajang. I did it last night and noticed it had a subquest for breaking the horns. If you can get the horns off and end via subquest you'll get the break reward.

My plan is to take a GS and some traps in there. Note that he destroys traps unless he's raging, but he stays in those pitfalls for a LONG time.

The questline itself is easy to miss since it's from that afro felyne who occasionally is rummaging through your item box.

Using three pitfalls, and a blast charge blade with impact phials, I was only able to break one horn before it died :c

-Alternis

Top Bottom