• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

Totally agree, but haven't they been doing this DLC stuff for years?
They have. Though it's easy to forget now, stuff like G rank Jhen Mohran, G rank Alatreon, and Super Brachy were all free DLC rolled out over time in 3 Ultimate. But I think Capcom's doing a better job of advertising it and making the big monthly packs look interesting this time around.

jorgejjvr

They have. Though it's easy to forget now, stuff like G rank Jhen Mohran, G rank Alatreon, and Super Brachy were all free DLC rolled out over time in 3 Ultimate. But I think Capcom's doing a better job of advertising it and making the big monthly packs look interesting this time around.

Honestly I prefer the weekly packs that they used to do.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

I just looked at the armor skills for Star Knight set.

I now understand why there is big demand for this.

If we count steady hand as two skills, my set has seven skills. Fully upgraded and with a honed weapon while also eating for defense gives 861 defense. Having the triple extracts with the glaive (for three minutes with effect extender) give me around 929 defense. The skills are as follows:

Challenger +2
Rodeo God
Sharpness +1
Steady hand
Divine protection
Speed sharpening

-Alternis

Rawk Hawk

So my pierce armor is made, it's Grand Mutsu w/ Kaiser Arms, the charm I was going to use has Evade Dist +8 and 2 slots. Seems like I can get:

Recoil Down +1
Ruthlessness
Evade Extender
Pierce Up

With 8 free slots (once I make a Destiny's Arm). I'm planning on going Trajectory in there, from my understanding that will help with the pierce shots being crit distance even as they pass through. Or should I push to Recoil +2?

tuffy

With 8 free slots (once I make a Destiny's Arm). I'm planning on going Trajectory in there, from my understanding that will help with the pierce shots being crit distance even as they pass through. Or should I push to Recoil +2?
The Destiny's Arm only needs Recoil Down +1 for all levels of pierce shot and Trajectory is nice to have in general. Though a Recoil Down +2 set would be handy for using the Furia Sedition as a pierce gun.

Rawk Hawk

The Destiny's Arm only needs Recoil Down +1 for all levels of pierce shot and Trajectory is nice to have in general. Though a Recoil Down +2 set would be handy for using the Furia Sedition as a pierce gun.

Alright, I'll plan on going Trajectory for now, have a couple jewels already made from my Regios gun. I could probably drop evade distance and get recoil +2 if I need later. Depending on my charms I may even be able to squeeze it in I suppose.

Beats

Recoil Down+2 is nice for the status shots you can use with the weapon. Though I usually only end up using the Lv1 Para shots. You could always make two sets I suppose.

Oh man, I've been switching between the Brachy and Chameleos SAs and I'm so sorry for thinking this weapon was slow. I only wish there were quick transition attacks between the two forms, like what the CB has.

Side note, thank you Brachydios SA for not needing an immortal reactor to get up to your maximum power.

Rawk Hawk

Oh man, I've been switching between the Brachy and Chameleos SAs and I'm so sorry for thinking this weapon was slow. I only wish there were quick transition attacks between the two forms, like what the CB has.

Side note, thank you Brachydios SA for not needing an immortal reactor to get up to your maximum power.

There are, you can draw into Sword with R+X+A, you can go from Axe to Sword with Forward+X, R. And from Sword to Axe with A, R. Or to swap between the two mid combo, you just need to do it after that same animation as the above. For example, X, X, Forward+X (or really holding forward for all three X's), R will do overhead axe chop, side chop, trust, switch to downwards sword slash. From Sword, the A horizontal attack is the one to watch for, so any combo of X and A flow together, but after the left to right horizontal A swipe hit R to go into the side chop with axe.

jorgejjvr

There are transition attacks that you can use to switch between forms while attacking. Did you not know?

-Alternis

There are, you can draw into Sword with R+X+A, you can go from Axe to Sword with Forward+X, R. And from Sword to Axe with A, R. Or to swap between the two mid combo, you just need to do it after that same animation as the above. For example, X, X, Forward+X (or really holding forward for all three X's), R will do overhead axe chop, side chop, trust, switch to downwards sword slash. From Sword, the A horizontal attack is the one to watch for, so any combo of X and A flow together, but after the left to right horizontal A swipe hit R to go into the side chop with axe.

There are transition attacks that you can use to switch between forms while attacking. Did you not know?

-Alternis

Nope! Just started using it, watched Gaijin's tutorial vid a while ago so the basics are still there (X+A/X while standing for the upper chop, followed by A repeatedly to swing the axe like a nutter, finish with R; X+A while in sword for the finisher), but I couldn't get the quick switches I'd gotten so used to with the CB.

Rawk Hawk

Nope! Just started using it, watched Gaijin's tutorial vid a while ago so the basics are still there (X+A/X while standing for the upper chop, followed by A repeatedly to swing the axe like a nutter, finish with R; X+A while in sword for the finisher), but I couldn't get the quick switches I'd gotten so used to with the CB.

After the upward slash, and rapid A pummels, you can tap R and do a fun spiny slashy animation from axe to sword as well, although I don't really use it much.

jorgejjvr

Any guild guest? I got a few different answers from Google so I figured I'd try here :)

On paper, yes (supposedly). By my experience, you get a lot more from harder monsters like Jho, Rajang, and elder dragons. I mean, I did level 140 Velicdrome many times and didn't get one.

-Alternis

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played in a couple of months but back to try and get the arena piercings. Anyone up for cooping some arena quests?

I already have the Double Gore set, but would it be worth spending time making a Tetsucabra S set, too? I want something I can use for dragons without getting utterly ruined by fire, and my Velociprey S set is getting a little old.

I use a Hammer, by the way.

Rawk Hawk

I already have the Double Gore set, but would it be worth spending time making a Tetsucabra S set, too? I want something I can use for dragons without getting utterly ruined by fire, and my Velociprey S set is getting a little old.

I use a Hammer, by the way.

I used double gore and went to the second page of foods and ate for fire res, think the 1/2 and 3/4 mixed together was the combo. Then I brought demo drugs and armor skins to simulate the kitchen food skills for attack and defense. Can be a cheaper way than making another armor set if you want.

onionfrog

Farming G rank Kecha Wacha if anyone is interested. (Need his parts for rodeo jewels)

Room: 49-2161-2588-2802

Got the parts I needed. Thanks to Beats and Glitch. We slaughtered those Kechas!

Hey Twelver? When it's available, I'm sure someone will post it.

Sorry, it's just been you posting that pretty much constantly every time you come in here, and it's getting real annoying.

Doombear

I don't mind, it is a tough quest to get a bead on. For obvious reasons.

The thread has slowed down to the point that I just scan it for rooms now, so I don't see any real difference between a repetitive post looking for one quest or a repetitive string of posts offering up room details/lobby codes. That's just me though!

Yrael

I've got to admit I wouldn't mind having a crack at the Colourful Feast event. >_< I'm happy to wait though if it's being released soon as global DLC.

Top Bottom