• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Hammer is such a non-skill specific weapon outside of the usual s+1/rs. You can really use whatever floats your boat. Earplugs, offensive skills, evading skills. It's just up to personal preference.

Yeah and one of the few skills that affect how the weapon plays (focus) messes up your timing window for things like the uppercut dash charge imo.

Evasion is always one of my preferred hammer skills since your goal is usually to get up in the monsters face without taking too much damage. But yeah the Regios armor is a great choice for hammer, easy to plug Handicraft into with a decent charm and still has a ton of slots to add more skills or add onto the skills it comes with.

P.S. anyone doing anything?

Thanks, guys. I just gemmed up to regular Earplugs because I don't have the materials required for HG just yet.

Shengar

I've been afk for a couple days I just barely saw the thread for Monster Hunter "X".

Honestly, new skills for every weapon is cool, but the effects fucking block out everything.

Like, is this really necessary?

Imagine launching that shit at Rajang, who then laserbeams and no one can see where it's aiming.

Unless, like the trailer shows, every single one of these "flashy" skills is a guaranteed flinch. In which case, they would need to do some serious balancing with damage and cooldowns. Not to mention we already have enough ways to control a monster multiple times per quest (traps, sleep status, paralysis, mounting, flashbombs, etc).

Any way, still a definite purchase, but it's disappointing that "EXPLOSIONS AND PARTICLE EFFECTS" is what they decided to lead with for this announcement.

The part of MHX that I just can't really felyne it. I want to see the monsters when fighting them, not the particle. Honestly, with this over the top action we might as well see more over the top moves from monster as well. I'm not surprised if Rajang in MHX can use kamehameha or even genkidama. It's funny, but I don't like it.
I'm still in hiatus, and not supposed to post here, if that is what you gonna ask

added bonus from my image search during break time writing stuffs
cce670ba52931832657a5aa1936e305f.jpg

Source
Come to think of it, MH really lack of turtle monster.

co1onel

Yeah and one of the few skills that affect how the weapon plays (focus) messes up your timing window for things like the uppercut dash charge imo.

I like focus for single player where I can easily abuse monster turns and attacks with the superpounds. For online though you won't get nearly as many chances to use the superpound.

added bonus from my image search during break time writing stuffs

Come to think of it, MH really lack of turtle monster.

There is one in frontier. I think he is an ukanlos/akantor clone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone on mind helping me get to HR5? Every time I try it I get jumped by Jho and he just fucks everything up.

EDIT: I love you guys, if this is you guys.

EDIT2: Jesus, that took just over 3 minutes. Thank you guys so much, Jho didn't even have time to show :lol

Riposte

Two things I hate:

1) "Oh, I'm too low rank to join this quest. Guess I'll just sign for my own and hope people just ignore that one."

2) "Guys, do my quest first then I'll help you." (Leaves immediately after completing their quest)

Something I also hate, but find funny anyway:

Enter hall. Runs up to board. It's Furious Rajang. Leaves room.

Yes. Doing high rank Akantor.

09-3158-8320-0387

EDIT: Realized how long ago that was lol.

I checked your room info just now and you were in an Ukanlos with an HR 507. Is that person actually using level appropriate gear like you requested?

Any way, let me know here if you plan on being on much longer because I'd like to join. I still have a really good HR set I wouldn't mind using. It's actually my favorite set in the game, but there isn't a G rank version that looks the same.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
his & hers

QRKWjLQh.jpg

only picked mushrooms so far. looking forward to digging in though, played a lot of Tri and a bit of 3U, but she never got into the series. last game we double dipped on was DQ9 and it was a lot of fun playing through it together.

his & hers

http://i.imgur.com/QRKWjLQh.jpg

only picked mushrooms so far. looking forward to digging in though, played a lot of Tri and a bit of 3U, but she never got into the series. last game we double dipped on was DQ9 and it was a lot of fun playing through it together.

Hopefully she gets into it. There's nothing worse than having to not play a game you want to play, just because your partner doesn't want to play that much but will get mad if you get too far ahead.

Tom_Cody

Two things I hate:

1) "Oh, I'm too low rank to join this quest. Guess I'll just sign for my own and hope people just ignore that one."

2) "Guys, do my quest first then I'll help you." (Leaves immediately after completing their quest)

Something I also hate, but find funny anyway:

Enter hall. Runs up to board. It's Furious Rajang. Leaves room.
What I hate even more than that is when people select their own quest and then start it without any consultation with the rest of the group. Instead of simply starting their own room, they rob the group of being able to fill that slot.

co1onel

What I hate even more than that is when people select their own quest and then start it without any consultation with the rest of the group. Instead of simply starting their own room, they rob the group of being able to fill that slot.

Someone joined my lobby, started a berry picking quest, and sat in it for the entire 50 minutes. Was pretty obvious we were getting trolled.

There is one in frontier. I think he is an ukanlos/akantor clone.
Yep. Its nickname is "The Sand God," just like "The Black God" and "The White God." It even has a Blastoise-style cannon in its shoulder that shoots sand.

I read through an interesting thread on GameFAQs saying that a set that focuses on critical damage causes the Chaos Gore weapons to far out-damage the Shagaru Magala weapons. I want to try this now. I already got lucky enough to get 2 Rathalos Mantles from 2 G Rank Azure Rathalos. Almost lost it when I got that second one.

Riposte

I checked your room info just now and you were in an Ukanlos with an HR 507. Is that person actually using level appropriate gear like you requested?

Any way, let me know here if you plan on being on much longer because I'd like to join. I still have a really good HR set I wouldn't mind using. It's actually my favorite set in the game, but there isn't a G rank version that looks the same.

Yeah, actually he was. Mainly used Dark of Night, the Narg GS, which I also have lol. That was a cool dude. Zelata or something.

We ended up doing some G stuff after that (that unlocked G for me), but I plan to stick to high rank gear until I hit HR 70 and do Fatalis plus the two Rath quests it unlocks. The G.Rathian+S.Rathalos quest is the only one I need to do until then (dreading it). I think I'll focus a bit on Event quests. I assume Arena contributes to increase HR also; I've barely touched it.

I'm off now. My apologies for missing you. I'll probably be on either later tonight or tomorrow. I'll be sure to advertise the room better (like post the ID before its too late) and not jump lobby to lobby.

tuffy

Though a full set of Star Knight was shown, the quest for it wasn't listed. So presumably that'll be in the July pack instead. Though at the very least, this'll make it easier to find G rank Gores. A G rank Dah'ren Mohran should be more fun to tackle in a group also.

Yrael

Good to know that the Star Knight armour is only a month away now...seems that G rank Gold Rathian/Silver Rathalos will hit at the same time. Bring on July. :p

Beats

Blademaster
Avarice +10
Tenderizer +10
Expert +10
Handicraft +6
Sharpness -6

Gunner
Avarice +10
Artillery +15
KO +10
Loading +6
Reload Speed -6

I guess these are the stats for the Nomura armor? Seems okay I guess. There's no waist piece, so you can put whatever there. Avarice is Great Luck and Capture Expert I think.

tuffy

That is one weirdly specific gunner set. It looks like it could be turned into a God's Archipelago crag shot set by adding more Loading, Artillery and Recoil Down. But it's hard to figure out who else it might be for.

Beats

yeah the gunner set is a bit weird.

actually not sure if that's right for the blademaster set...

I'm looking at Kiranico and if I take out the dummy waist piece it has:
Expert+15
Avarice+10
Tenderizer+10
Handicraft+6
Sharpness-6

With 3 slots on the legs. I think with a good charm you can get Crit God and Sharpness+1 along with the other stuff at least. I checked gamefaqs and someone was saying that it was slotless. Hmmm...

tuffy

yeah the gunner set is a bit weird.
Looking at the slots, or lack thereof, and it's just not going to work after all; there's no way to fit enough points of Loading and Recoil Down. But seeing how the points are distributed, the head and legs pieces might be yanked out into some sort of workable mixed set.

Kater

Banned
Missed that post (50ppp), sorry that I respond only now.

You'd think a game where it is essential that you stay on good terms with your hunting partners since you rely on them to survive against all these tough beasties would have a more civilized and sensitive community in general.
Or maybe it's a matter of bad luck if you get the creepy flirty people. Anyway, it's really shameless, gross and impolite to act like that.

Is there any information on the stats of the various gear coming out? I remember hearing that Resetti was HR gear for the Palico, but I'd like to know everything (especially the Dante and Nomura stuff).

Also, anyone here Gunlance? I'd like to try it out since I enjoyed defence landing, and it seems more in that camp with the single hop.

Wolfe

Someone joined my lobby, started a berry picking quest, and sat in it for the entire 50 minutes. Was pretty obvious we were getting trolled.

Yeah after having that happen to me I now kick anyone that joins my room and posts their own quest when I already have one posted and ready. Don't want to take the chance of them starting it on their own for whatever reason and taking up space in my lobby.

As you said, why not just make your own lobby at that point? Makes no sense.

This is really frustrating. According to GameFAQs, you do have to beat Gogmazios before unlocking G3 Shagaru Magala. I was really hoping to get the final Shagaru Magala dual blades in order to beat Gogmazios. Has anyone here soloed Gog, and if so, what weapon did you use? I can't play online due to poor connection where I am.

Renewed

Jesus... Solo Rajang goes just fine. It's trip city.

Online it's trip city for me. RIP level 3 charge because that Switch Axe burst sends me flying...

Top Bottom