• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

PrankT

I got a pretty nice Hunting Horn relic last night, the only downside is I think it doesn't have great songs. Here are the stats:

Attack: 1612
Element: 750 Water
0 free slots (1 slot that has a nimbleness+3 gem in it)
0 affinity
Defense + 5
Notes: Purple, Red, Green (Self Improvement, Attack Boost L, Health Recovery S, Recovery Speed Up L). What does Recovery Speed Up actually mean? People get up faster after knocked down? Red health recovers faster?

When worn with my Honed Blade set and after singing Attack Boost L + encore, I sit at 2152 attack. My set also has challenger+2 and horn maestro.

I think it's probably still worth using just because of the pure damage, but I wish it had an earplugs or negate stamina song... Now I need to learn how to use it.
Sure other songs would be nice, but the only one you ever really need is Attack Up. After 420 hours I've never received a horn relic that is remotely useable.

Ultrabum

I love my hunting horn set.

Attack up L
HG earplugs
Speed eating +2 (best skill ever)
Evasion +1
Stamina thief
Horn maestro

It's easy to make too, it's just molten tig with a maestro 10 3 slot charm!

I use the regios horn with it.

Mandelbo

Quick question, is this armour in MH4U?

monster_hunter_3_ultimate_5.jpg

I was playing the MH3U demo earlier and I thought it looked great, but I don't think I've seen it before in 4U.

tuffy

Quick question, is this armour in MH4U?

I was playing the MH3U demo earlier and I thought it looked great, but I don't think I've seen it before in 4U.
Low rank Ludroth armor and LBG are in the game; you'll need to trade Velociprey parts for Ludroth parts at the Wycoon.

Riposte

That Athena's ASS (lol) program seems a little busted. It listed one more jewel slot than the set actually had (weapon was set to 0).

andthebeatgoeson

Trying to complete the caravan 10* quests. Have 3 pages worth of completed quests, a gold check mark. Only thing not gold checked it's 6*. Silver checked. All urgents done. Halp.

tuffy

That Athena's ASS (lol) program seems a little busted. It listed one more jewel slot than the set actually had (weapon was set to 0).
What set was it?
Trying to complete the caravan 10* quests. Have 3 pages worth of completed quests, a gold check mark. Only thing not gold checked it's 6*. Silver checked. All urgents done. Halp.
How far are you on the Gathering Hall side? A lot of those low rank quests are actually feature high rank monsters and are basically "postgame" content that gets unlocked once you reach certain points in high rank in the Gathering Hall.

Riposte

What set was it?

Copy and Paste
Kushala Glare
Garuga Mail S
Garuga Vambraces
Excello Coil
Guild Knight Boots (or anything with Torso Inc)
-----------------
OOO
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
2x Draw Jewel 2
2x Earplug Jewel 1
3x Charger Jewel 1
1x Draw Jewel 1
-----------------
285-641 Def, 5 Fir, -10 Wat, -4 Ice, 1 Thn, -4 Drg

andthebeatgoeson

EDIT: Err, misread...

You probably missed a quest, talk to everyone.

What set was it?

How far are you on the Gathering Hall side? A lot of those low rank quests are actually feature high rank monsters and are basically "postgame" content that gets unlocked once you reach certain points in high rank in the Gathering Hall.
Got thru every quest up to 3*, skipped a lot to get to G3. Damn, I guess I need to knock out the rest. Jesus, that's annoying.

And I've talked to everyone.

tuffy

Some of those require certain ranks in multiplayer, the Gore one needs 5-star for example. So the prerequisites for each quest are not perfectly accurate.
Yep. I was just hoping to be able to track down the actual requirements if need be. But I'm glad the simple solution turned out to be correct!

Wolfe

I've got several of those. I want one that actually has slots, or at least a useful secondary skill.

You and me both, mine has one slot which is cool but no secondary so even though it's got a socket you're still very limited.

Edit: then of course I have a +1 edgemaster with 3 sockets.

Riposte

Plans got ruined, weather is shit, so I've decided to camp in and play the hell out of Monster Hunter.

I want to do all the HR8+ 7* gathering hall quests, at least up to Akantor, since that's as far as I can go. Maybe that Silver+Gold quest (ugh lol). Some event quests too?

Anyone interested in joining me? Ideally, nothing above early G rank in terms of gear.

Hands have been cramping up lately from probably playing too long. All this time and I've been playing without a) a new 3DS and b) no circle pad pro.

Yeah, I'm old school!

Anyway, gonna take a break for a few days to rest up along with taking care of a sick father. I'll catch you guys soon.

I finally finished making the Regios X set, and I'm wondering which additional skill(s) would be ideal for a Hammer user. Or should this even be the set I should be using for early G-Rank stuff? I can't remember what compelled me to seek it out in the first place! XD

PrankT

I finally finished making the Regios X set, and I'm wondering which additional skill(s) would be ideal for a Hammer user. Or should this even be the set I should be using for early G-Rank stuff? I can't remember what compelled me to seek it out in the first place! XD
Regios is great until you can make some elder dragon sets later on. For hammer I prioritize HG earplugs, followed by evasion and attack up.

Wolfe

Plans got ruined, weather is shit, so I've decided to camp in and play the hell out of Monster Hunter.

I want to do all the HR8+ 7* gathering hall quests, at least up to Akantor, since that's as far as I can go. Maybe that Silver+Gold quest (ugh lol). Some event quests too?

Anyone interested in joining me? Ideally, nothing above early G rank in terms of gear.

Still doing this?

I've been afk for a couple days so I just barely saw the thread for Monster Hunter "X".

Honestly, new skills for every weapon is cool, but the effects fucking block out everything.

Like, is this really necessary?

Imagine launching that shit at Rajang, who then laserbeams and no one can see where it's aiming.

Unless, like the trailer shows, every single one of these "flashy" skills is a guaranteed flinch. In which case, they would need to do some serious balancing with damage and cooldowns. Not to mention we already have enough ways to control a monster multiple times per quest (traps, sleep status, paralysis, mounting, flashbombs, etc).

Any way, still a definite purchase, but it's disappointing that "EXPLOSIONS AND PARTICLE EFFECTS" is what they decided to lead with for this announcement.

tuffy

Can't be any worse than what I've been playing with tonight. Make the room and I'll join.
Ah, sorry. Was helping Homestuck with stuff and lost track of time! Is tomorrow okay? Maybe I'll whip up a defense-honed Gigacannon to up my survivability a bit in the meantime.

Wolfe

Gonna do a few arena runs for some coins if anyone is interested in joining me.

28-4198-9771-1852

Edit: unless someone else wants to do anything, doesn't look like anyones going to join my room.

co1onel

Hammer is such a non-skill specific weapon outside of the usual s+1/rs. You can really use whatever floats your boat. Earplugs, offensive skills, evading skills. It's just up to personal preference.

Wolfe

Hammer is such a non-skill specific weapon outside of the usual s+1/rs. You can really use whatever floats your boat. Earplugs, offensive skills, evading skills. It's just up to personal preference.

Yeah and one of the few skills that affect how the weapon plays (focus) messes up your timing window for things like the uppercut dash charge imo.

Evasion is always one of my preferred hammer skills since your goal is usually to get up in the monsters face without taking too much damage. But yeah the Regios armor is a great choice for hammer, easy to plug Handicraft into with a decent charm and still has a ton of slots to add more skills or add onto the skills it comes with.

P.S. anyone doing anything?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Huntin' and Killin' with Dio Part 2. Where we forsake our humanity to RNGEsus for lashes and elder dragon gems.
01-9113-5956-2456

Top Bottom