• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wolfe

So my internet decided to be a little shit and I got DC'ed.

Yeah my net has been acting up as well.

@tm24: hope you're not referring to that MH game that's been shown off with the rathalos companion.

Edit: Damn interneeet! Sorry Jim it's usually not this bad :(

co1onel

I think more often than not, the DC is because of capcom's garbage servers rather than my net. I've never had any problems with disconnecting in any other game.

Mandelbo

So I've started playing again after quite a long hiatus and I've gotten to Caravan 9 quests! I'd like it if there wasn't a Seregios in basically every quest, though.

Is anyone up to doing some HR4 quests with me? I've started using the Greatsword and, while I'm still a novice, I've been managing to do fairly well with it (tips are appreciated!) I'll start a room if anyone's interested.

So I've started playing again after quite a long hiatus and I've gotten to Caravan 9 quests! I'd like it if there wasn't a Seregios in basically every quest, though.

Is anyone up to doing some HR4 quests with me? I've started using the Greatsword and, while I'm still a novice, I've been managing to do fairly well with it (tips are appreciated!) I'll start a room if anyone's interested.

I can if you don't mind me bringing GR gear.

upandaway

I gotta ask again, but does anyone have a Low Rank Yian Garuga quest? I've been trying to get it for a while now and it's getting pretty annoying

I'm Silver crown, I have beaten all the caravan quests except the Master's test and I can't beat the guild hall 7* akantor solo. He destroys me every fucking time. I don't know what to do and this is getting on my nerves.

Quadratic

I'm Silver crown, I have beaten all the caravan quests except the Master's test and I can't beat the guild hall 7* akantor solo. He destroys me every fucking time. I don't know what to do and this is getting on my nerves.

Do you bring adamant seeds to remove the def down debuff?

upandaway

Sorry for leaving suddenly upandaway! Had to get the door and take care of something.
No problem man, thanks for sticking out with me. Got no lash in the end and it took way too long.

Gonna have to try and do that quest a couple of times with more people.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Probably stupid question but the sale at target has me curious. How different is this from Monster Hunter 3 that was on the 3DS?

Many of the same mechanics (a few new ones too), but more refined, lots more monsters (and with that weapons, armor) and because it's new, more people playing it right now. I put in 800 hours on 3U and already 450 on this. Even if you're just casually interested and enjoyed 3U, I think this is a no brainer.

upandaway

Probably stupid question but the sale at target has me curious. How different is this from Monster Hunter 3 that was on the 3DS?
It's a full blown sequel, almost twice as many (I think) monsters, different villages and areas, new weapon types, all that stuff. The OP has more details about the changes and improvements.

Many of the same mechanics (a few new ones too), but more refined, lots more monsters (and with that weapons, armor) and because it's new, more people playing it right now. I put in 800 hours on 3U and already 450 on this. Even if you're just casually interested and enjoyed 3U, I think this is a no brainer.

It's a full blown sequel, almost twice as many (I think) monsters, different villages and areas, new weapon types, all that stuff. The OP has more details about the changes and improvements.

Sweet, I enjoyed the others for the most part but wasn't sure if there was really much rehashing. Ordered.

upandaway

My lances are all literally swallowing Garuga tails whole right now

Garuga Incessance: 10 (!) tails, 2 lashes
Esmeralda's Tide: 2 lashes
Thunderlance: 7 tails, 4 lashes

save me!!

I need to run my Cham quest more for better Dragonarmor X but with my luck I'll end up with both a glowing piece and something dumb like prayer or worse yet, edge lore +4 cause yup.

tariniel

I got a pretty nice Hunting Horn relic last night, the only downside is I think it doesn't have great songs. Here are the stats:

Attack: 1612
Element: 750 Water
0 free slots (1 slot that has a nimbleness+3 gem in it)
0 affinity
Defense + 5
Good purple/white sharpness with +1
Notes: Purple, Red, Green (Self Improvement, Attack Boost L, Health Recovery S, Recovery Speed Up L). What does Recovery Speed Up actually mean? People get up faster after knocked down? Red health recovers faster?

When worn with my Honed Blade set and after singing Attack Boost L + encore, I sit at 2152 attack. My set also has challenger+2 and horn maestro.

I think it's probably still worth using just because of the pure damage, but I wish it had an earplugs or negate stamina song... Now I need to learn how to use it.

Top Bottom