• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Renoir

ok. I see.
well back to mh4. Now that im "leet" lol
I have like 3 sets of armor. is there a better way to switch other than constantly running back to my house?

Renewed

ok. I see.
well back to mh4. Now that im "leet" lol
I have like 3 sets of armor. is there a better way to switch other than constantly running back to my house?

Go to World Map -> Tap on town -> Press "Go to house" -> Go through sets -> World Map and go to gathering hall / Elder Hall

Renoir

^
thought there was a chest somewhere i missed that i can do the swap at but i guess not. good short cut thought.

any one up for some event quest.. im doing code black.
Yes im behind. but i just got ok at this game so now im going back and killing everything that gave me a hard time

45-5095-7291-2425 if you want to catch up as well

I'm so rusty with Chameleos, sorry. He ate all my potions, and then I was losing a quarter of my health every time he took a gentle step over me. I don't get that.

Though for two people with no palico support, we did pretty good.

I'm so rusty with Chameleos, sorry. He ate all my potions, and then I was losing a quarter of my health every time he took a gentle step over me. I don't get that.

Though for two people with no palico support, we did pretty good.

We woulda won if Wolfe hadn't been kidnapped by the DC monster. And remember too he is 139 so yeah, him looking at your direction will hurt x:

We woulda won if Wolfe hadn't been kidnapped by the DC monster. And remember too he is 139 so yeah, him looking at your direction will hurt x:

I was really confused by "DC monster" for a bit (I can be a bit slow), and I was thinking "what monster can 'kidnap' a player?"

So now I want a monster where, when it decides to leave the map, it kidnaps one player at random and that person is forced to solo for a bit on the next screen while the rest of the party catches up.

Wolfe

Sorry Jeff I actually ended up having to bail, something came up that I had to deal with and I just closed the 3DS instead of afking at camp. My apologies.

Had actually been looking forward to doing your GQs too lol.

I hate chameleos. Stole 2 of my max potions and 2 max potions the game gave me. All on one hunt.
Yeah last time I feel like I'd have lost my pants too to that damn klepto.
I was really confused by "DC monster" for a bit (I can be a bit slow), and I was thinking "what monster can 'kidnap' a player?"

So now I want a monster where, when it decides to leave the map, it kidnaps one player at random and that person is forced to solo for a bit on the next screen while the rest of the party catches up.
That'd be a nice twist to the hunt for sure. Could a current monster be given that ability or would you think a new monster (flagship maybe) could be it?
Sorry Jeff I actually ended up having to bail, something came up that I had to deal with and I just closed the 3DS instead of afking at camp. My apologies.

Had actually been looking forward to doing your GQs too lol.
It's all good. Mined 2 armors and weapon from the treasure area so it wasn't a total loss.

Anyone want to help me to farm some G-Rank Khezu (probably do All You Can Hunt Khezu and cap) for the 1 special cut I need? Then we can do whatever!

27-3547-4616-3928

I need to farm Furious Rajang for the armor pieces....and I am terribly bad at it (even cart to HR Rajang). Doing Furious Rajang with randoms also have a very low chance of success.

So guys, some tips on fighting Rajang with Charge Blade?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Of course Monoblos doesn't have a multiplayer version, gotta break the freaking horn a half dozen times for the damn set.

So my current Gunlance starter set is Constitution+2, Artillery Expert (will be God once I get a two slot weapon), Razor Sharp, and Sharpness+1.

Seltas X
Kujula Cista
Seltas X
Seltas X
Zinogre X

Constitution +7, Handicraft +3, O charm.

6b51328deca8d471ef01c3c9b0e5b75e.jpg

Acceptable fashion hunter. But I do love switching over to a full Seltas set with the Seregios GL so I don't need to worry about Sharpness+1.

That'd be a nice twist to the hunt for sure. Could a current monster be given that ability or would you think a new monster (flagship maybe) could be it?

I dunno. The way I imagined it was the monster would do a leap/glide to the target player and do an unblockable/undodgeable attack (that doesn't do damage) to initiate it, and then leave the screen. Then on the next screen it drops the player, and backs off for just enough time to use one healing item (in case it snatched a player that was already near death) and the fight resumes.

Solo, the monster wouldn't do this attack because then you wouldn't really need to ever chase it.

As for what monster gets it, I just don't know. Really anything big enough could do it. Like, a Los or Ian could grab you in its mouth. Kecha couldn't because its mouth isn't big enough and it has to flap its arms to fly.

Another thing I mentioned to Shengar the other day is, there should be a monster (we were saying Nargacuga at the time) that can leave to another screen during the mount. Not like Tigrex where the mount would break, but like, a purposeful thing, where it would go to the next screen while a player is mounted, and it takes that player with it. On the next screen, as long as the player doesn't panic and screw up the buttons, they can continue the mounting QTE.

spiritfox

I dunno. The way I imagined it was the monster would do a leap/glide to the target player and do an unblockable/undodgeable attack (that doesn't do damage) to initiate it, and then leave the screen. Then on the next screen it drops the player, and backs off for just enough time to use one healing item (in case it snatched a player that was already near death) and the fight resumes.

Solo, the monster wouldn't do this attack because then you wouldn't really need to ever chase it.

As for what monster gets it, I just don't know. Really anything big enough could do it. Like, a Los or Ian could grab you in its mouth. Kecha couldn't because its mouth isn't big enough and it has to flap its arms to fly.

Another thing I mentioned to Shengar the other day is, there should be a monster (we were saying Nargacuga at the time) that can leave to another screen during the mount. Not like Tigrex where the mount would break, but like, a purposeful thing, where it would go to the next screen while a player is mounted, and it takes that player with it. On the next screen, as long as the player doesn't panic and screw up the buttons, they can continue the mounting QTE.

It could be like a pin but instead the monster takes off with the player and flies to another zone. I can see Seregios doing that.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Yeah baby, G2!

Time for some Seregios farming! I need to work on both BM and Gunner armor and 3 weapons as well. Hopefully there will be some rooms up after work when I get home. 201 hours......lord!

Nice work! I just got to G2 a few days ago.

I actually had my full Seregios kit (Armor and Axe) done before getting to G2 as practically everyone in G1 rooms is either farming it or doing their urgents. I had 3 lenses by the time my urgent came up.
High five! I also made G2 during the weekend. And also sporting a Regios X set. Such originality, many diverse skills. Yay :p

And after 150 hours of Charge Blade, I want to mix up things a bit so I'm crafting the Seregios Gunlance. Wish me luck.

Wolfe

man.. I want that nomura set so bad...

I'm still salty over getting that instead of the Pirate J stuff lol, plus it had a switch axe I believe but all the only weapon we get with nomura stuff is another scythe looking LS as far as I know.

Wolfe

Drops on the first Friday of each month so still a couple more days.

Edit: I will be in a few minutes once I'm done eating dinner Jeff.

Yrael

I'm probably not going to be able to do anything online for about a week until my Internet is fixed. Blah. :'(

I guess I'll try my hand at the episodic quests that I've downloaded, and just keep doing 10* caravan quests to fill up these scrolls.

Wolfe

Eh nvm, i feel more sleepy than i thought, i'll try again later today.

So after I finished dinner I manage to cut up a few of my fingers while cleaning something glass that decided to break in my hand. Nothing bad but it obviously delayed me from getting back to the thread lol.

One of these days I'll manage to get into your GC room and run those quests with you for more than just a few minutes :p

Chuckpebble

So I just got the Artian S set in my forging menu and damn if that wouldn't go great with my gyrelance.

How am I supposed to get 27 Ancient Fragments?

I'm in high rank village, but the expeditions that show up just say low rank. Do high rank ones show up randomly or would I be better off begging one of you for a guild quest in the high rank range?

tuffy

So I just got the Artian S set in my forging menu and damn if that wouldn't go great with my gyrelance.

How am I supposed to get 27 Ancient Fragments?

I'm in high rank village, but the expeditions that show up just say low rank. Do high rank ones show up randomly or would I be better off begging one of you for a guild quest in the high rank range?
High rank expeditions open up at some point in high rank during the story (though I can't remember exactly where). You'll get a red circle on the map along with low rank's blue one. Once unlocked finding Ancient Fragments is a simple matter of mining all the nodes you find and hoping for the best.

The trouble with trying to mine during guild quests is that you could level the quest out of your reach by completing it, or waste a lot of time doing suicide runs otherwise.

tuffy

Can't believe I missed some Nuke Brachy runs. I think he's a fun challenge so I'd fight him all day. And at the rate that Reactor drops, I may have to.

Chuckpebble

High rank expeditions open up at some point in high rank during the story (though I can't remember exactly where). You'll get a red circle on the map along with low rank's blue one. Once unlocked finding Ancient Fragments is a simple matter of mining all the nodes you find and hoping for the best.

The trouble with trying to mine during guild quests is that you could level the quest out of your reach by completing it, or waste a lot of time doing suicide runs otherwise.

Ah, thanks, I just did one quest in Caravan 10, have gold check marks on everything prior (except caravan 6), so hopefully soon. The thirst.

Riposte

Man, Grudge Match: Color Code was a dozy. By far harder than any of the arena quests before it. My teammate ended up rage-quitting a few minute into the thing after carting two or three times (and this is after he locks himself behind the fence with those two for the second time). I ended up winning only on my last life in an incredibly tense duel with A.Rathalos.

I will never be okay with Rathalos fucking claw move. It's bad enough when it is just him, but A.Rathalos + P.Rathian, both frenzied, it's a nightmare. Combos all day. At one point he did that claw move three times in a row. I couldn't believe it.

tuffy

Ah, thanks, I just did one quest in Caravan 10, have gold check marks on everything prior (except caravan 6), so hopefully soon. The thirst.
Ah, turns out I misremembered! Looking around online, it seems high rank expeditions open up on reaching high rank in the guild by beating Dah'ren Mohran in the HR4 urgent. I thought Caravan 10 seemed a little late for that to open up and now I know why.
There is always tonight!
Though I do have one evening event to get to, if I'm lucky I'll be back before it gets too late.

Rawk Hawk

Though I do have one evening event to get to, if I'm lucky I'll be back before it gets too late.

Sounds good, last night we mainly stuck to 3 people, so probably have a spot open whenever you get around. If it's full when you join let me know and I'll "accidentally" boot out Keoni.

I really like using Long Sword on Brachy, it's not one of my better weapons, but it just feels like a boxing match. Short jab pokes, bouncing around with fade slashes. Dual Blades (once I get a reactor...) will be fun to try as well. They have a similar feel to me.

Greddleok

I finally unlocked High Rank quests! These are great, but I am in desperate need of new armour.
I'd really like to go after the new Nerscylla armour, but man do I hate fighting those guys, the tetsucabra is so much easier to kill.

Chuckpebble

Ah, turns out I misremembered! Looking around online, it seems high rank expeditions open up on reaching high rank in the guild by beating Dah'ren Mohran in the HR4 urgent. I thought Caravan 10 seemed a little late for that to open up and now I know why.

Oh, OK. So would I be able to receive a high rank guild quest from a fellow hunter even though I'm only HR 3?

tuffy

Oh, OK. So would I be able to receive a high rank guild quest from a fellow hunter even though I'm only HR 3?
I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. Though since you probably have a lot of high rank gear already, it wouldn't take much to get through the 5 low rank HR3 key quests and the Dah'ren Mohran urgent in order to unlock expeditions outright. I bet you could tackle them solo at this point if need be if you're all the way to Caravan 10.

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. Though since you probably have a lot of high rank gear already, it wouldn't take much to get through the 5 low rank HR3 key quests and the Dah'ren Mohran urgent in order to unlock expeditions outright. I bet you could tackle them solo at this point if need be if you're all the way to Caravan 10.

HR with the powderstones are a pain.

Boy I cannot figure out how to get this Basarios glitch to work. The alternative is getting about 3 Earth Crystals per run and I'm not too thrilled with that concept.

Top Bottom