• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Juraash

From what I recall it has lvl 1 piercing, level 2 spread, level 3 piercing ,lv 4 piercing. It also takes p coating and 4/5 other coatings.
Oh it's also a blast type.

I'm a horn / GS player, so I don't know much about bows. :x

I main GS but have played a fair amount of bow in the past. This seems like a solid choice to me. It can use power coatings which is super important, has solid pierce shots and has access to other coatings. With respectable raw and elemental stats. I would definitely use this bow in certain fights.

Hey fine folks,

I was looking around online but couldn't find a good answer, so I thought I'd ask here. Raw damage or sharpness/expert for a Hammer? I have Mono Mail S with Attack Up XL, but I could also get the A. Rath (Rath Soul whatever) mail which comes with the above-mentioned skills. When I hammer, I'm mainly going for breaks and KOs, and the Hearing on the Rath Soul Mail will definitely help.

Been hunting since MHF2 but only now have I been getting into the nitty-gritty of weapon stats and damage tables.

Beats

So, Kiranico says that I could get a Deific Fang from the Wyporium by either trading a Rajang Hardhorn or a M.Tigrex Trigger, but in game I don't see the option to trade using the Trigger. Is the info on the site wrong or am I missing something?

Just a heads up for my usual crew of hunters:

When Bloodborne hits tomorrow, I'm not going to be hunting for awhile. Wait, yes I am. I mean I'm not going to be hunting in this game. I imagine Shengar will be the same.

I'll still be posting in here, though.

So, Kiranico says that I could get a Deific Fang from the Wyporium by either trading a Rajang Hardhorn or a M.Tigrex Trigger, but in game I don't see the option to trade using the Trigger. Is the info on the site wrong or am I missing something?

Ping's Dex only says Rajang Hardhorn. And as far as I know, trades are ever only for one specific item

Iryx

It's wrong, I've seen some other trades on Kiranico that are wrong, like A.Lagi D-Shockers being traded for Immortal Reactors.

Wanderer5

Lol ugh don't feel like doing more solos against zamtrios today lol.

Also when does Maximeld updates his meld items list? Don't have access to stuff like the freezer sac yet.

Beats

Just a heads up for my usual crew of hunters:

When Bloodborne hits tomorrow, I'm not going to be hunting for awhile. Wait, yes I am. I mean I'm not going to be hunting in this game. I imagine Shengar will be the same.

I'll still be posting in here, though.

Ping's Dex only says Rajang Hardhorn. And as far as I know, trades are ever only for one specific item

Damn. I have 0 Hardhorns, but 41 Triggers. : [

Ah well. Guess I'll just bust some Rajang horns later.

taybul

Hey fine folks,

I was looking around online but couldn't find a good answer, so I thought I'd ask here. Raw damage or sharpness/expert for a Hammer? I have Mono Mail S with Attack Up XL, but I could also get the A. Rath (Rath Soul whatever) mail which comes with the above-mentioned skills. When I hammer, I'm mainly going for breaks and KOs, and the Hearing on the Rath Soul Mail will definitely help.

Been hunting since MHF2 but only now have I been getting into the nitty-gritty of weapon stats and damage tables.

If you're just talking about raw vs. expert the equation for seeing which is better is something like d * (1 + 0.25x) where d is your raw damage and x is affinity. This would give you your average damage over time. Whichever is higher is generally better. If you throw hearing in the mix though I think that may trump over a marginal increase in raw damage because you're attacking more often than without.

KimChi

ugh hunted at least 20 g rank zinogre today and not a single skymerald, why desire sensor D:
but sure gimme 12 jaspers I dont need ._.

How come nobody told me Tigrex had a LBG the shape of a tank? I saw it today when I was browsing the create weapons and I had to have it. Now I just need to git gud with the gun again.

ugh hunted at least 20 g rank zinogre today and not a single skymerald, why desire sensor D:
but sure gimme 12 jaspers I dont need ._.

This is my issue with G rank drops. I get a fuck ton of the rubies/gems, but none of the mantles/skymeralds/palliums.

KimChi

This is my issue with G rank drops. I get a fuck ton of the rubies/gems, but none of the mantles/skymeralds/palliums.

It doesn't help they use the same fricken icon for jasper/skymerald too. SO much disappointment scrolling over it in reward screen. Sick of fighting zinogre atm lol.

taybul

And just to rub salt in the wounds, all the plates that drop when you couldn't get a single one in low rank.

edit: never mind, guess this is saying the same thing

If you're just talking about raw vs. expert the equation for seeing which is better is something like d * (1 + 0.25x) where d is your raw damage and x is affinity. This would give you your average damage over time. Whichever is higher is generally better. If you throw hearing in the mix though I think that may trump over a marginal increase in raw damage because you're attacking more often than without.
Thanks for the input. I'll have to crunch some numbers and see. Attack Up XL boosts my raw Hammer damage by 25 (if I'm remembering correctly and if the Wikia page is accurate) whereas a CritHit is going to boost damage by a LOT more than just 25 (when I get a CritHit of course). I think I may go the Expert/Sharpness/Hearing route for ultimate Hammer Bros hilarity.

Thanks again!

Airan

I've been investigating bowgunning. I'm seeing this 'Wait' stat on rapid fire LBGs on Ping's Dex, which I am assuming is the firing rate of RF shots. Are there any skills to improve this stat?

tuffy

I've been investigating bowgunning. I'm seeing this 'Wait' stat on rapid fire LBGs on Ping's Dex, which I am assuming is the firing rate of RF shots. Are there any skills to improve this stat?
Nope. The delay after a rapid-fire volley is fixed. Elemental and normal are fast, pierce and clust are slower, and so on.

Wanderer5

There got 3 freezer sac in one hunt lol like RNGesus went like okay you can complete this and I'll give a bonus too!:D

So Barioth hunting horn set made, with maestro, evasion +2, and constitution +2. Now to have some fun online with it.

Beats

You make it sound so easy.

Well, it's not too bad I think. It does take a bit of effort and coordination if you're in a party. I had some good runs the other day with randoms where we would start with a shock trap, then someone else would plant a pitfall to the spot where Rajang would jumpback after escaping the shocktrap and then I would paralyze it while it's still in the pitfall trap. Both horns ended up broken shortly after that. It was great. : p

SuperSah

Banned
It's the best thing ever when you meet the coolest guys ever online.

We all hanged out for hours and added each other for future hunts.

Has a cool moment where I accidentally launched one with a hammer and he struck midair and got a mount, that was crazy.

Anura

Why does everyone keep recommending tremor res for Jang? His tremor move is really easy to dodge and I almost never get hit by it simply by timing my rolls

Shengar

It's not like I'm mad at him IRL or anything and we play other games online still but I have absolutely 0 interest in playing with people who haven't earned their gear or charms. He said he did it with some materials too.

This whole time I had been competing with him to get ahead in certain areas and I had to listen to him boast about his accomplishments too, lol. Kinda sucks, but I'm not gonna change my stance and I've told him if he doesn't wear the hacked stuff we can play, but he has this +10 wellness charm he loves. I think it has +10 mounting too :p. To me, it's like cheating through proxy.
Wow
If I were you, I stopped talking to him.

Well, it's not too bad I think. It does take a bit of effort and coordination if you're in a party. I had some good runs the other day with randoms where we would start with a shock trap, then someone else would plant a pitfall to the spot where Rajang would jumpback after escaping the shocktrap and then I would paralyze it while it's still in the pitfall trap. Both horns ended up broken shortly after that. It was great. : p

I was talking about solo. Yeah, I got my ghoulish horns with a GAF crew.

Wow
If I were you, I stopped talking to him.

I have a legit +10 mounting with zero slots. I haven't worn it since I was using Tetsucabra S though.

Iryx

Damn, Master's Test is real tough. Apex Diablos inside that half of the arena you get is a monster, and I do terribly in general against Jho.

Highwind

The dual Rajang guild quest (especially at high levels when they both turn frenzy) is such an exciting fight. ^_^ Keeps you sharp.

Or maybe I am just a masochist.....

Wanderer5

So when being the one with the Hunting Horn and giving out boosts, does the hunting horn boost icon only appear next to my name on my end? I kind of felt like I wasn't giving boosts to the others cause I didn't see them getting the icons heh.

I continuing to like the weapon, through I not sure if I would use it a lot solo. Feeling pretty comfortable with the Hunting Horn/Charge Blade setup now, so time to move forward.

Juraash

Think I'm gonna make the G-Rank Dah'ren. It has decent skills that I can make work as a GS and I need something else to compliment my current Seregios set.

Also the fact I can farm it offline so it's a little more convenient helps. Probably gonna practice the other elder dragons before doing them G3.

Top Bottom