• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Mzo

Wow, G2 Black Gravios is a real piece of shit. Those beams never stop! He killed everyone we tried the quest with, so in the end my friend and I had to duo another monster yet again. He started limping at the 10 minute warning so we captured him.

That fight was the enemy of fun.

Ken

Wow, G2 Black Gravios is a real piece of shit. Those beams never stop! He killed everyone we tried the quest with, so in the end my friend and I had to duo another monster yet again. He started limping at the 10 minute warning so we captured him.

Black gravios is what happened when someone watched too much battle of hoth.

Juraash

This guy spent the better part of this past Saturday wrecking my shit. I feel your pain quite deeply. I got him later in the weekend but what an ass he was.

I wonder if a Deviljho could eat a Dalamadur
JHO EAT ANYTHIIIIIIING.
Jho can be staring me in the face, watching me put down poisonous meat and not give a damn. Other monsters will do the cautious thing and avoid the meat, but Takeru Jhobayashi will devour the poison with pride and would ask for seconds if it could. When you are the biggest, hungriest, angriest and toothiest T-Rex, you have a rep to maintain.

Jho can be staring me in the face, watching me put down poisonous meat and not give a damn. Other monsters will do the cautious thing and avoid the meat, but Takeru Jhobayashi will devour the poison with pride and would ask for seconds if it could. When you are the biggest, hungriest, angriest and toothiest T-Rex, you have a rep to maintain.

Wow. I really, really appreciate this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's gold!

Shengar

Just woke up from a nap and this is what I read first.

Unicorn

For the Charge Blade, how do I do the Super (third A axe attack) by itself, from unsheathed position? (or the fastest way possible).

I need to unleash this on a sleeping creature.
X+A. If you have infused some phials and don't want to do teh full blast, I think you do X+A and then hold back and slam X a lot. At least, that's what I do and it'll use one phial, keep infuse buff, and do that 3 blast attack.

PKrockin

This post on GameFAQs made me laugh:

For evade lancing [Evasion +3 is] actually an offensive skill. While evryone else is running around waiting for openings, I keep poking at monster crotch, when i flinch it, all the LS, IG, DS comes in and trips me for 10 seconds.

hello MH4U-Gaf, If anyone is interested, I have a few 6* quests I need to clear before going serious on the 7* ones. They sure seem pretty scary.
If you are in the mood for some berserk Tigrex, Stygian zinogre and Azur Rathalos, all of them in outbreak mode, you're are welcome. Otherwise I'll go with randoms, may God have mercy.

Other question :

I don't have any brachy "hammer" (in French "marteau Brachydios"), not the weapon but the body part. I need 2 of these for some weapon, but It just won't drop. It seems I have to break arms, but even this seems to do nothing.
Any tip? Does HR brachy drop this? Or just LR? Is capturing more efficient for this?

Other question :

I don't have any brachy "hammer" (in French "marteau Brachydios"), not the weapon but the body part. I need 2 of these for some weapon, but It just won't drop. It seems I have to break arms, but even this seems to do nothing.
Any tip? Does HR brachy drop this? Or just LR? Is capturing more efficient for this?
Breaking the fists is the way to go. Capturing also works, but I believe breaking the fists has a three times higher chance to drop one. You can of course always do both too. The only thing to remember is that it only drops in LR.

The big trouble with farming elusive LR materials like this is that the monster often dies before you can break the parts. If you want a safe and easy way to do it, mounting is a good method. You deal minimal damage by doing so, and after you've successfully done it, you'll get clean shots at the fists on the floor.

redcrayon

Managed to beat Fatalis (10* caravan urgent quest) with two minutes left on the clock this morning, that fight was insane.

I can't believe how much content there is. I must have poured 120 hours in by now, have only just hit G rank online and 10* in the caravan, and have barely touched the arena, expeditions, guild quests and event quests.

Every time I think about putting it down, I stumble across a new epic quest like Dalamadur or Fatalis, that changes things up or captures my imagination.

The only downside for me so far has been the ending of the main caravan campaign story, which felt a bit sudden and unsatisfying, but even then it feels like such a small part of a much bigger game. So many more weapons and bits of armour to make, and it sounds like there are loads of monsters I haven't even seen yet.

The online community has been as good as I remember it on Tri too. Lots of hunters happy to help others first before asking for help in return. I helped some rookies this morning, and deliberately held back, letting them learn how to hunt, healing them with lifepowder if they looked like they might cart. Told them how to make farcasters too so they could bug out if needed. Playing alongside people online, it's evident there's a huge gap in skill level between players, and plenty of room for me to improve my game. Capcom have always been good at that kinda technical stuff, it's good to see them getting something right for a change.

redcrayon

Breaking the fists is the way to go. Capturing also works, but I believe breaking the fists has a three times higher chance to drop one. You can of course always do both too. The only thing to remember is that it only drops in LR.

The big trouble with farming elusive LR materials like this is that the monster often dies before you can break the parts. If you want a safe and easy way to do it, mounting is a good method. You deal minimal damage by doing so, and after you've successfully done it, you'll get clean shots at the fists on the floor.
I did that when I needed seregios to sit still for a few seconds so I could bag his horn for my Harmah lance. Also using traps, and taking in a spare two trap tools/thunderbugs to make more, for a total of 4 traps if I need a specific part.

I switched back to gun lance today and went online and I accidentally shot a guy with it. I'm still getting used to combat and being mindful of not hitting other players and shit, but needless to say the guy got mad. "lol noob missed" then left when the quest was over.

Right after that I found another group of other HR2 peeps and we went on a series of hunts of Zamtrios/Rathian/Nerscylla. All of them went very smoothly and we had a good time.

So I'm glad to see that the community is mostly filled with friendly people, bad apples here and there, but the joy of this game for me has been meeting up with random players and going on several hunts and having a fun time. Sometimes things go well, sometimes they don't, but for the most part everyone is great.

And yes, yes, yes, I know I need to be more careful about hitting/tripping players. I try to be really mindful of that, but I'm still not used to weapon range/animations yet on either gunlance or hunting horn.

Iryx

Beat the Master's Test, took me quite a few tries, but there's so much downtime when soloing Apex Monsters where you're just running around waiting for Wystones, so it gets boring pretty fast.

Also I don't play GS, but I just got a FastCharge +6 PunishDraw +7 charm, and I was just wondering if that's as insane a charm as I think it is.

redcrayon

I kinda look at it that as long as people are trying and learning, it's all good. We've all learned new weapons at some point, and if you have to carry the weight of the fight while someone is learning, it's all swings and roundabouts. It's just a chance for more glory and to get even better! :)

As a lancer I used to spend a good thirty seconds in every fight getting up as I was constantly knocked down by the heavier weapon users not gving a shit. Now I realise that their individual strikes are more valuable than mine, and I benefit from them breaking parts I can't. I make a point of aiming for the tail and groin instead to get everyone the extra carve, and use guard-up so I can block those elemental attacks and get my hits in while the axe, hammer and GS hunters are dodging and circling for an opening.

On one hunt we had a guy called 'pro_hunter' in g-rank gear hitting everyone as we were mining at the end, it didn't mean much but it was just annoying after twenty minutes hunting together, deliberately annoying rather than a genuine mistake. The rest of us left him to it and went elsewhere. The best hunters are the ones that can help less-good hunters get better so they have someone to hunt with later on, not the ones that just bitch that others aren't as good as them barely a month after a game has come out. Not everyone has spent a decade playing monster hunter or has had the time to learn every creature's tells.

redcrayon

Beat the Master's Test, took me quite a few tries, but there's so much downtime when soloing Apex Monsters where you're just running around waiting for Wystones, so it gets boring pretty fast.

Also I don't play GS, but I just got a FastCharge +6 PunishDraw +7 charm, and I was just wondering if that's as insane a charm as I think it is.
Wow, well done!

Just the sound of the quest details on that makes me need a new pair of rathalos pants...

Tom_Cody

I fought Brachydios for the first time before work; what a fun fight!

High rank is right in front of me, but 6-star keeps calling back to me with all of these enticing monsters. I can't imagine why the game has given me high rank, but then puts Brachydios and Dah'ren Mohran in 6-star/LR? And the quest list indicates that the 6-star quests are just going to keep coming. What's the deal?

Leezard

High rank is right in front of me, but 6-star keeps calling back to me with all of these enticing monsters. I can't imagine why the game has given me high rank, but then puts Brachydios and Dah'ren Mohran in 6-star/LR? And the quest list indicates that the 6-star quests are just going to keep coming. What's the deal?
Some 6 star quests are high rank.

redcrayon

There's quite a few quests that pop up in lower star/rankings as you progress, it's just that you keep hitting the prerequisites for them as you keep doing the 6-star quests! The game thinks you want more 6* so is serving them up on a large Felyne street-food platter. :)

Top Bottom