• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Been solo hunting Furious Rajang in Caravan 10's Bad Hair Rajang quest.

Took me about 2 hours of constant carting before getting used to his pattern. Now it takes me ~15 mins to take one out and I'm working on lowering the time....and farming for Rajang Heart at the same time.

I got one Rajang Heart in one run, got a bit excited and proceeded to triple cart in the next run. LOL

This Furious Rajang is one unforgiving mofo. Good thing he has puny health.

Wolfe

I wouldn't mind Rajang as much if the hitboxes on some of his moves weren't so bad, him and Gravios are the main two I have hitbox issues with in this game. Good thing it's only two I guess lol.

I wouldn't mind Rajang as much if the hitboxes on some of his moves weren't so bad, him and Gravios are the main two I have hitbox issues with in this game. Good thing it's only two I guess lol.

Once you've been through MHFU's Plesioth hipcheck, you've seen it all....

Shengar

lol you speak like you never fought Moving Hitbox aka Yian Garuga despite wearing full Metroid set. You can avoid monsters front charge by pole vaulting them with IG. Only the Raths and Garuga that seemingly able to generate hard air to knock you down from the air when trying to pole vaulting over the.

Wolfe

Hah yeah he sucks too but I fight him so infrequently that I tend to forget about it. Plus he's got a big head that sticks out from his body and is fairly easy to hit so it's kind of fun knocking him around.

co1onel

The thing about plesoith, is once you get down the moi timing for his hipcheck, its just a free opening. It's surprising how easy it is to evade through without any evasion skills.

Finally, I have managed to get my N3DS XL, MH4U and USB charge cable delivered separately. I'll be joining the hunt, as soon as my 3DS gets a charge in it.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Golden Rathian is down! But I got no more quest, but according to this there should be a lot more quest, but none is giving them to me. I guess they are locked behind HR? If so that sucks massively and is the end of the game for me. :/

Rawk Hawk

Golden Rathian is down! But I got no more quest, but according to this there should be a lot more quest, but none is giving them to me. I guess they are locked behind HR? If so that sucks massively and is the end of the game for me. :/

Yea, works much like 6* caravan. I believe you need G3 at the elder hall I believe to unlock everything for caravan.

Yeah the remaining 10* quests are locked behind your online progress. And even then they start unlocking as you go from G1, G2 and the rest at G3.

Kuntz

Been a while since my last hunt. Played exclusively lance solo and hbg online. I want to try dual blades now but I have no money (gunning...).

Any tips regarding dual blades?
I've been up to hr7 but the blades i bought are low damage.

Anyone want to help me farming hr quests for money / getting to know the weapon?

Been a while since my last hunt. Played exclusively lance solo and hbg online. I want to try dual blades now but I have no money (gunning...).

Any tips regarding dual blades?
I've been up to hr7 but the blades i bought are low damage.

Anyone want to help me farming hr quests for money / getting to know the weapon?
Just make a room, i'm sure it'll fill fast.

Tom_Cody

That's too bad. Savage Devilho and Golden Rathian were the first legitimate challenging fights imo. :(
I'm guessing there is some reason that you can't play online?

Anyway, you can do the guild hall stuff solo. And/or you can try to learn different weapons.

tm24

Those were some great hunts guys. Things just kept dropping out of the sky

But seriously, the story of that episodic questline is amazing/dumb

upandaway

Yesterday had some time laying around so I tried to get the deviljho poogie costume for a bit. After some research it seems the best way to go would be

Kill a Savage Deviljho on an expedition (pretty much for good luck, never proven to help, but might as well)
Get the rare eco level to 4
Continue resetting through low/high rank expeditions (go in, go out) until getting a Rare G one with a poogie
* If you're particularly RNGligious and hunting a savage isn't enough to please your god, you can continue resetting until a Rare G + poogie + Savage Deviljho expedition

I haven't seen a new poogie costume in months, if I ever get the jho one I'll definitely retire right there. I did kill a Savage for the heck of it which netted me a level 120 Rajang GQ, so that'll be fun to level up.

In any case I officially turned off my 3DS, I'll see you guys online in august (whoever's left of you). I'm nowhere near done with the game

tuffy

I'm gonna try farming some Rusted Kushala Daora soon. My first time doing this. Any tips? Any difference from normal Daora?
His moveset is very similar to normal Daora, but he hits harder and is more resistant to physical damage. Poison weapons, dragon weapons or water weapons are preferred. And avoid his big tornadoes at all costs - they do huge amounts of damage and getting blindsided by them frequently causes carts.

Brutalx2

Room is up: -
42-2797-6108-6737
pw 9887

We've quit the quest. come join again!

I wanted to go look for a room online to do gogmagios but it won't let me choose him because I didn't beat him yet, I have the urgent so I'll be g crown if you can help me with that.

Edit: The room is full. Does anyone else want to help?

So I've been farming ancient shards for the past 2 days now, but for some reason I'm getting the same 3-4 weapons.

Is there some secret mechanic behind what weapons appear from an ancient shard? I managed to find God's Isle by some miracle but all I want is the Worn SNS.

PrankT

So I've been farming ancient shards for the past 2 days now, but for some reason I'm getting the same 3-4 weapons.

Is there some secret mechanic behind what weapons appear from an ancient shard? I managed to find God's Isle by some miracle but all I want is the Worn SNS.
Whatever you want won't come until you stop caring. I can never get the hunting horn.

upandaway

I've gotten all the ancient stuff tons of times just by charm farming. I have at least 4 SnS and HH each.

And you get charms out of it, unlike stupid rusted shard farming

Top Bottom