• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Glitch's Sets

I'm just gonna make a big post here with a bunch of armor sets that I really enjoy, just in case something explodes in my face and I have to start from scratch. These might also be useful to other Blademasters, and are all G-Rank. Sorry that this is going to get long, but it looks like Gaf doesn't support hovertext on images (or at least, in the way I know how to do them on other sites).

Switch Axe (Three slot weapon)
cb74abe679ea74be13ecaa0d81999dd6.png
f14a7d3ea921331c459994b2c1487f1e.png

Helios Helm X
Kushala Cista X
Nargacuga Braces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Helios Greaves X
-----------------
+8 Evade Dist OO-
-----------------
2x Earplug Jewel 3
1x Artisan Jewel 3
3x Evasion Jewel 2
1x Earplug Jewel 1
1x Jumping Jewel 1

Hunting Horn: Onyx Terpsichore and Maqam Sedition
b9521b9df154dfbb0117f4ea151afd3f.png
36403036dbc10dbd5c02562a115bde12.png

Kujula Glare
Kujula Cista
Nargacuga Braces X
Nargacuga Faulds X
Vangis Greaves X
-----------------
OOO
-----------------
3x Evasion Jewel 2
1x Jumping Jewel 2
5x Sonorous Jewel 1

Hunting Horn: General Purpose
16f7a0d3031e5e526d13e5a9723ece6f.png
de4ca3b4772d10991f4e63cdf24bd620.png

Rebellion Helm Z
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Grand Divine Ire Feet
-----------------
+6 Sharpness OO-
-----------------
3x Spirit Jewel 2
1x Razor Jewel 1
5x Sonorous Jewel 1

Longsword: Relic (Edgemaster+5, Awaken Poison)
bc68922e595b0353fedd8c03fa51588d.png
1f03d8bc8cc502709b1b2133c854a46e.png

Weapon: +5 Edgemaster
Kaiser Crown X
Rebellion Mail Z
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Lagiacrus Greaves X
-----------------
+4 FastCharge OOO
-----------------
1x Razor Jewel 3
3x Razor Jewel 1
3x Charger Jewel 1

Longsword General (Two slot weapon)
7ce98a084227917a57d21a2d353890ec.png
42dfe486503d5638b56251c2d61bb30a.png

Seltas Helm X
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Miralis Drogues
-----------------
+4 FastCharge OOO
-----------------
1x Charger Jewel 3
1x Razor Jewel 3
2x Spirit Jewel 2
2x Spirit Jewel 1
2x Charger Jewel 1

Star Knight all purpose (particularly effective with the Akantor CB)
ed165218b707e11c7b5b423b100cbbd2.png
362f94be288149f2c7884e807c9af082.png

Star Knight Helm
Star Knight Mail
Star Knight Vambraces
Star Knight Coil
Star Knight Greaves
-----------------
+5 Hearing OOO
-----------------
2x Earplug Jewel 3
2x Artisan Jewel 3
2x Earplug Jewel 1

Star Knight Insect Glaive Special (needs two weapon slots)

ed165218b707e11c7b5b423b100cbbd2.png
e5e4a9a1e6f692e7ed76dac2758eef18.png

Star Knight Helm
Star Knight Mail
Star Knight Vambraces
Star Knight Coil
Star Knight Greaves
-----------------
+7 Constitution, +3 Handicraft O--
-----------------
2x Physique Jewel 1
2x Physique Jewel 2
1x Artisan Jewel 3
5x Asylum Jewel

Gunlance (Needs one weapon slot)
78552348ca1c4bd61aa4550cff36ee7e.png
dd448b0d890ed34d10749f0d63fbd76d.png

Seltas Helm X
Kujula Cista
Seltas Vambraces X
Seltas Faulds X
Zinogre Greaves X
-----------------
+7 Constitutn, +3 Handicraft O--
-----------------
2x Physique Jewel 2
6x Artillery Jwl 1

UkaUka Earplugs
ff5ebec8c8a48cff19089b95edc6f46e.png
f8dd7aeae6f008c2a61fad61e6b13321.png

Ukanlos Mask X
Kaiser Mail X
Ukanlos Claws X
Kaiser Tassets X
Ukanlos Hessian X
-----------------
+5 Hearing OOO
-----------------
2x Earplug Jewel 3
2x Earplug Jewel 1
1x Tenderizer Jwl 1
1x Tectonic Jewel 1
2x Asylum Jewel 1

Other sets: BaiBaiKai, DokuDo w/Element attack up (see Gaijin videos)

Wolfe

My fashion hunter side cries whenever I see mixed sets, even my own, although some aren't as bad as others (I'm not directing this at your post Glitch, just seeing a bunch of mix set pics I can't help but think about it lol).

Oh well, someday I'll (hopefully) have more than one complete relic armor.

Shengar

My mixed set looks quite good. While I can't make the arms and the legs looks purple, at least they are quite matching together. Not to mention that the Garuga capes really help.

My fashion hunter side cries whenever I see mixed sets, even my own, although some aren't as bad as others (I'm not directing this at your post Glitch, just seeing a bunch of mix set pics I can't help but think about it lol).

Suuuure. =P

I'll admit, some of them don't look great for sure. Although my Relic Sword set looks waaaay better when you color the head's hair brown to match the Rebllion armor.

tm24

Now that we're not limited by the 3DS's chat, what is the story of that questline?
The questline revolves around the previous guildmarms trying to find something the size of their you know whats since they're r afraid to show them to each other. The pay off is that they're referring to the corns on their feet since they stand all day

Wolfe

You know me, more interested in being pretty than being effective.

Man, now that I've got the 6 GQs I was looking for I'm not looking forward to leveling them up lol.

Kuntz

Anyone want to play?

06-4382-5904-4199

This room helped poor Kuntz get skyrocketed from hr7 to G2.

Thank you everyone :) I had a blast, all those crazy powerful monsters exploded like nothing in less than 5 minutes was a sight to behold.

Now to solo them in 50 minutes...

Is there a list of abilities that can be gemmed in with five slots? Divine Blessing I know, Maestro too.

Also if I'm using a Great Sword, should I always go for Crit Draw? I'm building an anti-Kirin set (using Lagiacrus X) and I really want to put Sharpness+1, but I don't have enough space/talismans to also get crit draw.

PrankT

Is there a list of abilities that can be gemmed in with five slots? Divine Blessing I know, Maestro too.

Also if I'm using a Great Sword, should I always go for Crit Draw? I'm building an anti-Kirin set (using Lagiacrus X) and I really want to put Sharpness+1, but I don't have enough space/talismans to also get crit draw.
The top priority skills for great sword are typically sharpness and critical draw, followed by focus. Make it happen!

The questline revolves around the previous guildmarms trying to find something the size of their you know whats since they're r afraid to show them to each other. The pay off is that they're referring to the corns on their feet since they stand all day

That's hilariously awful.

tm24

Rock a Rogue Sedition and go Crit Draw!

Thanks for GAFfers' help last night. Finally made my Honed blade set. Made Rusted Kushala's helm and vambraces.. Paired it with Furious Rajang chest, waist and Rathalos X greaves.

Time for relic hunting!

co1onel

I prefer Evade Extender over Evade+, but that just personal preferences.

Athena's not giving me a valid build with Focus, Ruthlessness, Load Up, Normal Up, and Attack Up. But not having AU is fine, I guess. A bit worried about not having an defensive skill though.

Edit: Ah, I need Skull Visage. Fuck that then.

Sorry for the late response, but you should be able to get it with at least AuS without using the skull visage, instead use the seregios cap and the ex rathalos waist. AuM requires a nice charm.

Although if you want evade extend then I'd recommend making a set with fleet feet, as it gives evade extend and unscathed in one skill. The easiest way to get it is to use the sororal vest, sororal leggings, and one torso up piece. Then you should be able to easily put together a set with fleet feet, normal up, focus and 1-2 other skills you like. I have a set I like that has fleet feet, challenger+2, focus, pellet up and weakness exploit, but that's with a three slot pelletup+8/tenderizer+2 charm. If you want to use the kama sedition then I imagine you could easily get fleet feet, focus, normal up and load up.

The best part is it doesn't look like a clown suit
MlWA77szqfQ3JURm6_

Yeah, but which should I go more for, Sharpness+1 or Crit draw? Tough decisions!

Personally I wouldn't use the GS without both.

tm24

Cleared Advanced: scathing score by myself since randoms suck. Took a fall each to Seregios and B. diablos but was able to clear rajang with 2 minutes left to spare.

Cleared the masters tests too and somehow that was harder. Mostly beceause fuck jho, his giant hp pool and me being unprepared with not enough healing items.

Now to clear more grank dahren mohran and rajang to get those rockskins and hardhorns

Brutalx2

Well today i decided to do the entire caravan quests and one of the urgents was to kill Furious Rajang. I destroyed him and also got 2 Rajang Heart! I am so happy right now!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Sheesh, the Gogmazios fight is a drag. I need to watch a tutorial to understand how to cet past that slimy wall in my progression.

Unit 33

Well I started my second profile, I got real bored of grinding elder dragons over and over.

Lower ranks are a lot more fun when you don't feel pressured to rush. Just enjoying helping out other players for once rather than seeking crazy rare materials or god-tier skills.

tm24

Im this close to giving up on the Felyne Hairband X and the G.Knight Boots. Took me 47 minutes to do the Triple Tigrexes. It doesnt help that i'm inexperienced with all the weapons available to me in that arena. Went with the hammer and i figure with me throwing myself at the wall long enough, i'll eventually get it down to a respectable 30 minutes. Ima have the same problem with the Diablos one, but i know the basic of the LBG and DBs

Got a few hours under my belt in MH4U now. Doing the first Kecha Wacha hunt...it runs off to rest. Then I accidentally hit my power button on my N3DSXL with my pinky.

Why the fuck did they place it there? Why isn't there a confirmation of closing the game? Why doesn't it have a timer on push? WHY?

I'm turbomad.

Looks like I get one game with a particular lobby before I disconnect. Really getting annoyed by this; i know it's a joke that I disconnect all the time, but it's getting worse and worse.

Rawk Hawk

Anyone know if you can make it so that the game detects the C Stick automatically? It's annoying to have to switch it on everytime.

Change it at the main menu options before loading your game.

The nub is okay but so use to the CCP it was kind of hard getting use to.

Thanks for bearing with me tonight guys!

Wolfe

Room up for random fun. Got a new 3ds today so going to test the camera nub.

45-1702-7436-8454
Pw2468

2 spots!

Im this close to giving up on the Felyne Hairband X and the G.Knight Boots. Took me 47 minutes to do the Triple Tigrexes. It doesnt help that i'm inexperienced with all the weapons available to me in that arena. Went with the hammer and i figure with me throwing myself at the wall long enough, i'll eventually get it down to a respectable 30 minutes. Ima have the same problem with the Diablos one, but i know the basic of the LBG and DBs

I'm in the same boat, going for black belt helm and wouldn't mind making G knight belt but it feels like such a chore to do arena half the time and the matches go to slow for me solo.

Feels good to finally have Azur Rath armor.. the skills are great :)

I think I'm one or two quests away from hitting HR7.

Super busy this week though, barely time to play :(

I have all next month though!

tm24

I'm in the same boat, going for black belt helm and wouldn't mind making G knight belt but it feels like such a chore to do arena half the time and the matches go to slow for me solo.

The Black Belt helm is pretty easy. Color code is the hardest one, but you get HGE on the GS set so once you separate the raths it becomes kinda cake

Top Bottom