• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Doopliss

First off, it's not 1%. Because you have multiple chances to get the drop (each carve, quest rewards, etc) it adds up. If you do the Caravan 6 quest "See the Lightning" (and break its head and pick up one shiny) you have an 18.07% chance of getting one.
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/zinogre-jasper
http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2dtv05/shadys_drop_rate_calculator/

desiresensor.com is a bit easier to use.

Anybody up to hunt?

-Alternis
Sure, for a little while. Will you make a room?

Greddleok

I've been farming for a Zinogre jasper for ages now to make the H-rank evade chest piece. I think I might have to stop, it's not even that good and I've killed like 30 of those motherfuckers.

upandaway

I've been farming for a Zinogre jasper for ages now to make the H-rank evade chest piece. I think I might have to stop, it's not even that good and I've killed like 30 of those motherfuckers.
Get the camo shirt that gives +10 carving, alongside the skull or black belt helm you get Carve God with 2 armor pieces. You get an average of 7 carves per Zinogre if you cut the tail, with a chance of 8.

Made jasper farming a lot easier than it could have been

Shengar

I wish Michael Bay would stop giving me its lash and give mantle instead.
Gore Magala on the other hand....let just say I'm regret using a cosmic ticket for its mantle.

Anteo

So, I just reached high rank caravan and I'm nowhere near high rank on the gathering hall. Been looking at some better armors now since I'm getting whipped around a bit more. Think the mixed Gore will be cool for a IG-guy like myself? Not really looking forward to having to fight that guy so much though ;) Been using Velci armor all through low rank and I could use the visual change.,

I'm also glancing at the charge blade and HBG/BOW a bit but I'll probably not go there just yet.

Mixed gore is good for almost any high rank blademaster. Unless you are looking for some specific skill I'd recomend you to get one just because.

Ulthwe

Thx guys for the answers on the "1% drop chances" issue, seeing that the chances are cumulative gives me a little hope. I'll be checking those linked sites too.

I usually mix quests (one new, one grind) to avoid mh fatigue.

Beats

If you play online a lot with the same people you can use VE Bronze/Silver/Gold/Cosmic Tickets to get some rare materials too.

Munkyspace

Why is it that, when I'm playing online, the only HR's I see are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 18379183? Is there something after HR 5 that makes it insanely easy to rank up?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is it that, when I'm playing online, the only HR's I see are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 18379183? Is there something after HR 5 that makes it insanely easy to rank up?

There's also HR6 and HR7, but after that leveling up changes and goes by experience instead of basic level. ie: G-rank

tuffy

The early hunter ranks are tied to quest tiers and increment as urgent quests are completed. But once you complete the final high rank urgent quest, your hunter rank is determined by all the hunter rank points you've accumulated in the game to that point. So people regularly jump to HR 53 or some big number.

so I'm now at 6*, just beat shagaru magala.

Using Najarala armor when I don't need lots of elemental damage. Should I upgrade to that mixed gore/ceanataur set that gives +1 sharpness at this point? Not looking forward to farming gore, but at least it's not the full set.

**Also considering seltas, actually.

Shengar

Edit: Oh wait, I do have it on one configuration of my Chameleos set. Still, I don't aim for it as a be all end all requirement. Maybe if I had a godlike handicraft charm I'd try harder. Friggin Shengar.
I don't hoard all the handicraft charm you know? Still don't have handicraft+6 ooo or handicraft+7 charm yet.

so I'm now at 6*, just beat shagaru magala.

Using Najarala armor when I don't need lots of elemental damage. Should I upgrade to that mixed gore/ceanataur set that gives +1 sharpness at this point? Not looking forward to farming gore, but at least it's not the full set.

**Also considering seltas, actually.

Personally, when I tried to do the mixed set, I just about lost it with how hard it is to get the rare drops off of Shaggy at that stage. It's probably better to move on to an easier set, like Tetsu S or the Seltas one. Just remember that Sharpness (which gives Razor Sharp) is a different thing from Handicraft (which gives you Sharpness+1). Both are good skills though!

Personally, when I tried to do the mixed set, I just about lost it with how hard it is to get the rare drops off of Shaggy at that stage. It's probably better to move on to an easier set, like Tetsu S or the Seltas one. Just remember that Sharpness (which gives Razor Sharp) is a different thing from Handicraft (which gives you Sharpness+1). Both are good skills though!

yup, i figured that out after messing with kiranico's armor builder.

I'm thinking I'll do seltas. Set looks badass and will be a nice upgrade.

If there's another latecomer who's interesting in farming queen seltas I'm available for the next 5 hours or so at least. Reply to this post or send a PM though no promises I'll get to it immediately since I'm easily sidetracked.

**Oh, I also need 1 more chilling beak for that set and farming that stupid snake for another one of those will push me over the edge. Worst RNG ever.

yup, i figured that out after messing with kiranico's armor builder.

I'm thinking I'll do seltas. Set looks badass and will be a nice upgrade.

If there's another latecomer who's interesting in farming queen seltas I'm available for the next 5 hours or so at least.

If you don't mind someone being super OP, I do need to get some random mats from the not-g-rank stuff. I don't have any of the lower level gear, if that's important.

If you don't mind someone being super OP, I do need to get some random mats from the not-g-rank stuff. I don't have any of the lower level gear, if that's important.

I really couldn't care less if you're geared to the level lol. Guess I'll make the room. Will edit this post in a bit with info.

Alright, ID is 49-0185-6652-3640 passcode is 8888

I'm a Hammer user in need of a new armor set goal! Regios X is fine, but it's getting stale (and I want to stand out). I've gemmed up to HG Earplugs.

I'm very close to building Qadar Sedition (one more Conqueror's Seal!), if that helps.

Welp, got my full seltas. Definitely looks badass. Got amazing RNG (to the point that I don't even think I could've gotten the pieces in less missions). Good stuff. Now time to get the jewels I need.

**Artillery God or Artillery expert and something else... decisions...

Shengar

It does? I know if I take a caravan quest and quit, the quests won't cycle. It's different for Guild quest? You'll get new randomized quest after you quit a quest?

By guild quest, do you mean the quest that have randomized maps, loots, and monster or quest that posted on the guild hall?

tm24

Yay i finally finished playing broken ass Arkham Knight. Not getting the Riddler trophies because eff that, but i can finally return to MH4

Wolfe

It does? I know if I take a caravan quest and quit, the quests won't cycle. It's different for Guild quest? You'll get new randomized quest after you quit a quest?

I'm pretty sure guild quests only cycle after reaching one of the completion states. As in either beat it or cart three times.

Top Bottom