• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

upandaway

Not necessarily, it's not difficult if you use Athena's ASS and know what you are looking for on some level. My general use mixed GS set has

Challenger +2
Critical Draw
Rock Steady
Razor Sharp
Focus
and 4 slots (one with torso up) so that I can get any 5-slot skill such as Tremor Res, Bio researcher, Mushromancer or similar.

Granted, this set uses two GX Hunter pieces, so it will not be possible for most people until another month or two. It's still far beyond what you could fit into a SK set, and it's essentially SK without Rodeo God and Mind's Eye, and Mind's Eye is useless against most monsters in endgame.

In most cases the sets won't be that versatile, which is a strength for the SK set. When you have found your end game weapons though I think it is more useful to build custom sets for these weapons specifically.
I don't have that GX thing on Athena so dunno. As far as GS sets go I already have my end game set all sketched out
Sheath Control
Sharpness +1
Focus
Critical Draw
Challenger +1/+2 (1/3 weapon slots)
But I'm having a lot of trouble getting a lance set with Athena.

Leezard

I don't have that GX thing on Athena so dunno. As far as GS sets go I already have my end game set all sketched out
Sheath Control
Sharpness +1
Focus
Critical Draw
Challenger +1/+2 (1/3 weapon slots)
But I'm having a lot of trouble getting a lance set with Athena.

BaiBaiKaiser is indeed great for GSs that need Sharpness+1.

upandaway

BaiBaiKaiser is indeed great for GSs that need Sharpness+1.
In my case more like BaiHyugaKaiser but yeah

Skull Visage (or anything with Torso Inc)
Kaiser Mail X
Kaiser Vambraces X
Kushala Cocoon X
Grand Hyuga Hakama
-----------------
+5 FastCharge, +5 Crit Draw ---

Infinite

I think I need to change up how I play it. I usually like getting full phials and charged shield and then going for the big axe swings but not having my shield out = dead.
Brachy has one of the toughest rage modes in the game. My advice to you is to learn your guard points of you haven't already.

Brachy has one of the toughest rage modes in the game. My advice to you is to learn your guard points of you haven't already.

yeah, that's something I need to get around to. I've been feeling pretty lethargic and so haven't been up to grinding out the practice. Soon.

jorgejjvr

Any rooms up? I just want to hunt for fun or help those that need assistance.

-Alternis

Edit: I see SK as more of a mixed set than a full set, since it generally applies greatest to the IG. Also, I have a question, would you GS users say that your mixed set skills are necessary for the weapon? Or are they just compliments and would you be able to do fine without any GS specific skills?

Wow. I've been saving a Rath Mantle for a month and a half specifically for this CB, and on my first tail carve of G silver rath I get another Mantle.

If someone wants to open a S.Rath room I'll be up for it.

tuffy

I was afraid that might happen. The room showed as dropping everybody else so I kept it going just in case, but it was just a "zombie" that no one else can actually join. So I just put it out of its misery.

Crap, I didn't realize how good farming equipment that Lune set is. With my charm I could get Sharpness+1 on there, have Fate topped off, and gem out the res loss.

got brachy. I didn't understand the slime mechanics the first go around. Helped tremendously, though I still got comboed from like 70% to 0 once.

**I was really want that chargeblade .-.

jorgejjvr

Crap, I didn't realize how good farming equipment that Lune set is. With my charm I could get Sharpness+1 on there, have Fate topped off, and gem out the res loss.

I'm probably not going to gem out that res loss honestly. The only real threat would be zinogre, and even then he rarely hits me. Rajang, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't actually deal thunder damage. Speaking of which, does anyone know the best way to get a golden egg?

-Alternis

Edit: Nevermind, I can still gem it out and get in Miraculous Luck, Capture Expert, and Sharpness +1

I'm probably not going to gem out that res loss honestly. The only real threat would be zinogre, and even then he rarely hits me. Rajang, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't actually deal thunder damage.

Regardless, with what I can see using on that set, it occupies slots otherwise left open, and I'm one of those people.

Wolfe

Even if you gem it out (just one socket required) it still has -35 TR, if you have the spare socket why not I guess but it's like trying to gem out Gore armors bad fire resist.

tm24

Best method for eggs is to eat Tunas on quest and reset/abandon if you don't get any

Also, you guys hear about custom dlc quests? Sounds fun

Also, you guys hear about custom dlc quests? Sounds fun

It'd be more fun if the guys doing it weren't so guarding of their system for making them. I get it, people might set up bullshit farming missions, but who cares?

Also it seems like that's some kind of TOS violation or something.

Shengar

Is it fair to get kicked from a room I joined (not created) because I'm unable to post the Gold Rathian quest myself?

-Alternis

Does the host asked you to posted it? If so, why wouldn't they post their own? Supposedly the host already have it OR they create the room exactly for the purpose of getting that Gold Rathian quest. If you like enter a Gold Rathian room then posted your first or second quest from that episode because you want it your own, then I guess it is inappropriate.

Wolfe

Naw what's bullshit is opening a lobby to fight a monster that you don't have access to and expecting others to join and post it for you.

Also threw up a new G turns room:
01-3830-8513-3721

jorgejjvr

Does the host asked you to posted it? If so, why wouldn't they post their own? Supposedly the host already have it OR they create the room exactly for the purpose of getting that Gold Rathian quest. If you like enter a Gold Rathian room then posted your first or second quest from that episode because you want it your own, then I guess it is inappropriate.

He asked me to post it. Later, he kicked me because I didn't and I was so confused.

-Alternis

Shengar

Naw what's bullshit is opening a lobby to fight a monster that you don't have access to and expecting others to join and post it for you.

Also threw up a new G turns room:
01-3830-8513-3721

This is why I don't like farming advanced quest monsters with randoms. I don't like asking them "do you have the quest" somehow.

Wolfe

This is why I don't like farming advanced quest monsters with randoms. I don't like asking them "do you have the quest" somehow.

Advanced aren't bad as you can easily cycle with little time lost, I'm just mostly talking about unreleased DLC and stuff like Gold Rathian now where it's locked behind a short quest chain.

tuffy

I certainly wouldn't make a room for something I couldn't post and expect others to do it.

That said, the first two quests in the G Gold Rathian's episode aren't especially hard either. The first is a mini Daimyo Hermitaur and the second is just waiting around for a shiny drop. Pretty easy to solo for anyone with appropriate gear.

https://youtu.be/tanQw8JzPF8?t=27s

sq3ikjW.gif

co1onel

I don't see the issue. I've joined randoms for advanced quests before, and when the host says they don't have it everyone else runs over to the counter and someone usually posts it. If not we just reset.

Top Bottom