• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

Alright, whomever is Sassy, thanks for hunting. You too Stephen. Great hunting, wish I knew how to play range without getting one shotted. Til next time!
Glad I (Sassy) could be of some help. Ranged is all I really know. But if I can figure it out, I'm sure anyone can!
I got my gold crown off those hunts.

So about Slicing S. Do the explosions from the shot interrupt blademasters?
It shouldn't. I tested this by firing Slicing S into a Rhenopolos' backside at point-blank range and was unable to flinch myself at all when the slicing blast triggered. So it should be safe for anyone else in close.

Just crafted the Artian X set because amusingly I had all the fragments I needed. Gemmed in Sharpness +1 and Bomb Boost to use it with awakened Blast weapons, I'm not out for optimizing but for fun. Looks sick too in my opinion.

So is the Advanced: Lab Partners quest the one that unlocks the 2nd wystone?

jorgejjvr

Just crafted the Artian X set because amusingly I had all the fragments I needed. Gemmed in Sharpness +1 and Bomb Boost to use it with awakened Blast weapons, I'm not out for optimizing but for fun. Looks sick too in my opinion.

So is the Advanced: Lab Partners quest the one that unlocks the 2nd wystone?

If you've done the other ones, I believe so. Need assistance?

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Holy wow, Rodeo God practically trivializes mounting. :O

Also, thanks guys!

Anytime! Indeed it does! With the exception of a few monsters like Ukanlos, as long as I keep pressing X, I can usually finish mounting before they finish their wriggling/roaring animation. I love it, quick and easy for my teammates.

-Alternis

Edit: Dang, disconnected. Stupid rain.

jorgejjvr

I believe that was 5 minutes.

Who needs Hame.

Edit: A very productive run, thanks everyone! Now to take on The Master's Test!

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't the time stopped at 46:08? Given we have 50:00 to start out with, wouldn't it have been killed in 3:52?

-Alternis

Edit: The Master's Test took me awhile, but those Apex Monsters are nothing compared to those online in my opinion, since village is scaled down a bit.

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't the time stopped at 46:08? Given we have 50:00 to start out with, wouldn't it have been killed in 3:52?

-Alternis

Edit: The Master's Test took me awhile, but those Apex Monsters are nothing compared to those online in my opinion, since village is scaled down a bit.

Ah, then it would be less than 4 minutes. Pretty crazy speeds, we were knocking out quests like they were nothing.

Maybe I should do those custom quests with you guys too. I wonder if we could speed run World Eater Jho. :p

I'll take advantage of my 50 minutes, Steve and Diablos shouldn't be too bad. It's Deviljho I'm worried about...

jorgejjvr

Ah, then it would be less than 4 minutes. Pretty crazy speeds, we were knocking out quests like they were nothing.

Maybe I should do those custom quests with you guys too. I wonder if we could speed run World Eater Jho. :p

I'll take advantage of my 50 minutes, Steve and Diablos shouldn't be too bad. It's Deviljho I'm worried about...

He only pops up once you kill either Diablos or Seregios, typically I killed Steve first but it's your choice. I found Diablos annoying because he was kind of like a high rank Teostra, always charging. Apex Deviljho wasn't too bad. You should probably take him out of Apex ASAP though, as in Apex mode he's pretty much a Savage Deviljho that you can't cut through, let alone when he's actually enraged. Not as fast and furious as the actual savage, but he does get some of his moves. He is still generally slow, so stay near him and evade if you can. Also, in Apex, his stomp lets out a shockwave that has minor homing effects. Good luck!

-Alternis

Edit: I would like to try the Akantor and Ukanlos! Custom quests should be exactly that, purely for fun.

Edit 2: However, if you want the full experience and thrill of fighting a real apex Deviljho or devjho in general (the ones that actually scared you back in Tri because they could one shot you with pretty much anything), I have a level 140 Apex Deviljho GQ that you can join now, waiting just for you! Haha :p

Whew, just finished up all of my 2-star Guild Hall quests and got to HR 3! I got some awesome G-rank hunters who joined in and together we captured the Gore Magala in under 4 minutes, along with a whole bunch of other monsters.

jorgejjvr

Still there, wasting time with the apex deviljho arena (died 6/9 times so far, he's not close, heh heh heh)

edit: oh hey i killed it. broke the apex by a fluke and it was easy from there. phew

Alright, I'm coming soon. That apex deviljho is nothing like the real thing, arena quests usually have monsters with abyssmal health. Normally you have to knock him out like 3-4 times or less.

-Alternis

I cleared The Master's Test! HG Earplugs was a big help, and Seregios killed the Diablos for me. :3 Then he went down like a chump against my Cera Cymmetry, and after a long back and forth session of farcasters, exiting and entering Apex mode, and running away, I slayed Deviljho in the middle of planning out how to deal with him.

...it wasn't as difficult as I thought. >.>;;;;

Tom_Cody

I cleared The Master's Test! HG Earplugs was a big help, and Seregios killed the Diablos for me. :3 Then he went down like a chump against my Cera Cymmetry, and after a long back and forth session of farcasters, exiting and entering Apex mode, and running away, I slayed Deviljho in the middle of planning out how to deal with him.

Congrats!

I'm just a few missions away from having TMT in front of me. I'm not looking forward to it.

jorgejjvr

I must show you a true Apex Deviljho xP

-Alternis

upandaway

I open a room, tell them I wanna do high rank it's late I've been studying all day I wanna chill with high rank quests

We do
G crimson (twice)
G 3-monster quests
Lv140 apex jho

tuffy

I open a room, tell them I wanna do high rank it's late I've been studying all day I wanna chill with high rank quests

We do
G crimson (twice)
G 3-monster quests
Lv140 apex jho
That's Arc's handiwork, no doubt. I'm surprised there wasn't a lv 140 Yian Garuga mixed in. Or maybe that high rank dual Furious Rajang event that came out at the start of the month.

jorgejjvr

We do
G crimson (twice)
G 3-monster quests
Lv140 apex jho

My apologies, but had you simply enforced the fact that you wanted to do only high rank quests, I would've gone along. The only reason we did those quests which started with a quest that either you or arc posted (Scathing Shore) was because it seemed you were also interested in obtaining G rank materials. At any point, had you said to do High Rank, I would've agreed. But considering the first quest that was posted was Scathing Shore, a G rank quest, I just went along with it, and it never seemed like you were against it, so forgive me.

-Alternis

upandaway

That's Arc's handiwork, no doubt. I'm surprised there wasn't a lv 140 Yian Garuga mixed in. Or maybe that high rank dual Furious Rajang event that came out at the start of the month.
Oh, he tried. He tried.

Ah yeah tuffy, I ended up getting a Lv120 Rajang GQ on an expedition the other day and it has bow/bowgun bias, if you want it. If you're crazy enough to attempt that kind of RNG

My apologies, but had you simply enforced the fact that you wanted to do only high rank quests, I would've gone along. The only reason we did those quests which started with a quest that either you or arc posted (Scathing Shore) was because it seemed you were also interested in obtaining G rank materials. At any point, had you said to do High Rank, I would've agreed. But considering the first quest that was posted was Scathing Shore, a G rank quest, I just went along with it, and it never seemed like you were against it, so forgive me.

-Alternis
Well duh I'd let you have your way with me when you seduce me with EXACTLY all the g-rank quests I needed!

(i'm just playing, thanks~)

Top Bottom