• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

Oh, he tried. He tried.

Ah yeah tuffy, I ended up getting a Lv120 Rajang GQ on an expedition the other day and it has bow/bowgun bias, if you want it. If you're crazy enough to attempt that kind of RNG
Looking at a chart of the best relic weapons it seems the best I could hope to find has 340 true raw and -10% affinity, while an attack-honed Destiny's Arm has 340 true raw and -15% affinity. So the only way I could do better is to find one that also has low recoil, good reload speed and big pierce shot clip sizes!

Might be fun to try. But the odds are so bad I've resigned myself to doing GQs for fun and Divine Spheres rather than for the relics.

upandaway

Playing around with sets because I can't sleep. BaiBaiKaiser was actually on the way for my athena GS set so I'm using it temporarily, ended up with this nonsense:

hORZqRb.png

With Cera I have to trade AuL for Divine Protection (eck). This looks pretty good to me.

Wolfe

Well if you're on later tonight after I get off work (or anytime I'm also online with time to play) I've got 6 GQs I need to finish leveling up that are all above lvl 100 :p

jorgejjvr

Well duh I'd let you have your way with me when you seduce me with EXACTLY all the g-rank quests I needed!

(i'm just playing, thanks~)

Well, I have been told that I am indeed quite the ladies' man! I'm glad I was able to grab your glorious and luscious attention with my absolutely superb mounting skills, it is an honor in it of itself to leave someone like you awestruck xD Haha, I'm just playing around :p Although seriously, those were some fun hunts! I'm always happy to help people in need, though again I apologize for not doing the high rank quests you wanted >.< In the end, I'm just glad everyone had a fun time and gained something out of it! You're welcome! Enjoy that lance!

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Capcom's running a special contest where you can receive a life-size replica of your favorite weapon.

details: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...ca-of-your-favorite-mh4u-weapon?ts=1436493585

I wish I could enter :(

How can I just choose ONE? There are so many awesome looking weapons! I'm not just talking about insect glaives here, there are tons of cool weapons! Gore weapons, Zinogre Weapons, Deviljho weapons, there's so many! What would you guys think? I'm still thinking myself #>.<# Perhaps the Hazy Caster or the C Fatalies Glaive, or maybe the C Fatalis Charge blade or the Zinogre/Stygian Switchaxe, argh it's so hard to pick!

Also, do you guys think that if the winner is a weapon like a switch axe or charge blade or bow/bow gun, the axes should be able to go from sword to axe mode, the CB's should be able to change from SnS to axe mode, the bowguns should come with 2 magazines, have some sort of bullets (like safe darts or something from Nerf) and the ability to reload, while bows should have soft but straight arrows and the arrow holster (I forgot the name for it).

-Alternis

Wolfe

I'd prolly go with Lightbreak CB but I doubt it would have a pulsating glow to it :p

And yeah it would be rad if the CB somehow transformed or at the very least the sword sheathes into the shield.

Pila

Capcom's running a special contest where you can receive a life-size replica of your favorite weapon.

details: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...ca-of-your-favorite-mh4u-weapon?ts=1436493585

Oh wow that's an awesome idea. I'd love to own a real-size gunlance, wtf it'd be cool.

I miss this game fellow hunters :( toying around with a new PC, getting new furnitures for my living room, playing some Wii U Yoshi... it's been a while since my last hunt. I'll be back eventually. :)

Greddleok

I had a long chat with an acquaintance about MH recently. It was awesome. I now want it all the time, but it'll never happen. I've seen there's a couple of podcasts, any of them worth a listen?

jorgejjvr

Imagine if the winner is like the Tigrex Tank or Genre's lamp or something super simple. If the shark Lance isn't DLC, I can imagine someone winning that too.

-Alternis

Tom_Cody

This is fun to think about.

The central dilemma though is that my favorite weapons would not necessarily look good when fabricated out of foam (as their posted examples seem to be). For example, I don't think they would be able to do Teostra's Castle or the Waxglare Wand justice in real life.
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/switchaxe/teostras-castle
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/switchaxe/waxglare-wand

That issue aside, I would probably go with a lance, gunlance, hunting horn, or hammer. Mostly for the reason that those would provide the maximum WTF factor if mounted on a wall in my apartment.

tuffy

The problem is many of the best looking weapons aren't the best in the game, so it's hard to get passionate enough about them to put together a video espousing how awesome they are. For instance, I love how the Daora's Ceti looks - a sleek, metallic, rifle-style weapon. But it gets solidly outclassed by the uglier Destiny's Arm. Yet I love how the Livid Griscannon plays, but its design is mostly the top half of a Tigrex head - not necessarily the sort of thing I'd want at home on my shelf.

spiritfox

The problem is many of the best looking weapons aren't the best in the game, so it's hard to get passionate enough about them to put together a video espousing how awesome they are. For instance, I love how the Daora's Ceti looks - a sleek, metallic, rifle-style weapon. But it gets solidly outclassed by the uglier Destiny's Arm. Yet I love how the Livid Griscannon plays, but its design is mostly the top half of a Tigrex head - not necessarily the sort of thing I'd want at home on my shelf.

Furia Sedition looks pretty good though.

tuffy

Furia Sedition looks pretty good though.
I think so too. It also plays really well in a number of situations (like when dodging endless Oroshi Kirin charges), and I'd love to see them figure out the folding sheathe mechanism when making a replica.

I'm not so sure I have good enough video making skills to win one, though.

Hi folks, anybody up to run some guild quests later? Well, I say some but it's the usual crew (Teo, Shaggy, Cham) for better pieces of Dragon X relic but I might try to also get relic Silver Rath. Not sure how hard that would be to get since the quests aren't exactly easy to find.

jorgejjvr

Hi folks, anybody up to run some guild quests later? Well, I say some but it's the usual crew (Teo, Shaggy, Cham) for better pieces of Dragon X relic but I might try to also get relic Silver Rath. Not sure how hard that would be to get since the quests aren't exactly easy to find.

I'm down for anything. Can anyone post a room?

-Alternis

Just hunted a level 140 monster for the first time.

Even though it was wimpy Velocidrome, he still hurts hard! What a rush having good relics though, makes me hungry to farm more guild quests!

jorgejjvr

Zinogre can't be that bad, can he? At least, he never seemed to be as threatening as his subspecies.

Considering that all it takes for 140 Zinogre to stun you with lightning is 1-2 hits, he is pretty damn bad. Any Zinogre is bad really, seeing as 140 Stygian has dragon and more zombies. The reason they're so deadly is that in level 140 everything does around the same damage, so it's all about who can do that damage faster. Rajang, Zinogre, Tigrex, and Brachydios are all nightmares.

-Alternis

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i picked this up hoping i could get on this like i did portable 2, and i must say im hooked. one question though, on the harvest tour missions, is common for as time to go on, for boss monsters to appear more frequently?

jorgejjvr

i picked this up hoping i could get on this like i did portable 2, and i must say im hooked. one question though, on the harvest tour missions, is common for as time to go on, for boss monsters to appear more frequently?

I believe that usually there's only one boss monster per harvest tour, but I could be wrong. However, on expeditions, up to 5 monsters can appear. If you need any other questions, just ask!

-Alternis

Parallax

I believe that usually there's only one boss monster per harvest tour, but I could be wrong. However, on expeditions, up to 5 monsters can appear. If you need any other questions, just ask!

-Alternis

does great jaggi not count as a boss monster? hes the common encounter both times i tried the quest. the first boss was a beetle mantis thing that i couldnt beat because jaggi got in the way, and the second was a nightmare combination of horton and a fruit bat that i struggled to do damage against

jorgejjvr

does great jaggi not count as a boss monster? hes the common encounter both times i tried the quest. the first boss was a beetle mantis thing that i couldnt beat because jaggi got in the way, and the second was a nightmare combination of horton and a fruit bat that i struggled to do damage against

The GREAT Jaggi is indeed a large, boss monster. Any monster that you can lock on to and takes more than a few hits to kill is considered a large, boss monster.

The Seltas, the beetle, shouldn't be too hard. I don't understand how small Jaggi would be a pain, if anything just kill them off. If you're referring to a great Jaggi, he's pretty simple to avoid, just keep an eye on them both. Wait until he flies low to attack, and try to knock him out of the sky, but beware of his charges.

Kecha Washa, the monkey, is somewhat like an early glass cannon, he does a lot of damage but has little health if I'm not mistaken. Just be equipped with rather strong armor, either Hunter, Alloy, or even better Seltas or Jaggi armor. And stock up on herbs, potions, and mega potions. Try not to fight him on lower floors which allow him to hang on vines and get an upper angle on you. For the most part, his attacks are pretty choreographed and easy to dodge or block. Although be weary of his water projectiles and his gliding ability. Everything else is simple swipes and stomps.

The Great Jaggi's head can be broken.
The Seltas' horn can be broken.
The ears on Kecha Washa can be broken when he's enraged (he uses them as a mask), and his claws can be broken too.

-Alternis

Edit: I would also recommend a weapon with green sharpness of it is possible, it'll make it easier to penetrate his hide. He is weak to fire and his head and claws are his weak points.

Great Jaggi is also weak to fire and his weak point is the head.

Seltas is also weak to fire, his weak point is the horn.

Try to mount monsters by landing aerial attacks on their backs. Doing so starts a mini game, keep mashing X until the head turns red, then hold the R button until it turns green again and repeat. If you're successful the monster will fall over and be unable to get back up for a very long while.

-Alternis

tuffy

Great Jaggi counts as a big monster, as does anything else that shows up on the auto-target panel and doesn't die in a couple of hits. I wouldn't spend much time trying to kill intruder monsters that pop up on harvest tours, though; the rewards aren't worth your time in the early game. Better to concentrate on monsters that are the main targets in hunting quests, as provided by the Guildmarm.

Took a huge break after reaching g rank onlune due to life and other games but it was nice to come back and realize I hadn't forgot everything. Beat SM gold dragon thing in the story mode, how much of it is left and is it worth finishing it rewards wise?

Pretty sure I am the world's only hunting horn user.

Parallax

The GREAT Jaggi is indeed a large, boss monster. Any monster that you can lock on to and takes more than a few hits to kill is considered a large, boss monster.

The Seltas, the beetle, shouldn't be too hard. I don't understand how small Jaggi would be a pain, if anything just kill them off. If you're referring to a great Jaggi, he's pretty simple to avoid, just keep an eye on them both. Wait until he flies low to attack, and try to knock him out of the sky, but beware of his charges.

Kecha Washa, the monkey, is somewhat like an early glass cannon, he does a lot of damage but has little health if I'm not mistaken. Just be equipped with rather strong armor, either Hunter, Alloy, or even better Seltas or Jaggi armor. And stock up on herbs, potions, and mega potions. Try not to fight him on lower floors which allow him to hang on vines and get an upper angle on you. For the most part, his attacks are pretty choreographed and easy to dodge or block. Although be weary of his water projectiles and his gliding ability. Everything else is simple swipes and stomps.

The Great Jaggi's head can be broken.
The Seltas' horn can be broken.
The ears on Kecha Washa can be broken when he's enraged (he uses them as a mask), and his claws can be broken too.

-Alternis

Edit: I would also recommend a weapon with green sharpness of it is possible, it'll make it easier to penetrate his hide. He is weak to fire and his head and claws are his weak points.

Great Jaggi is also weak to fire and his weak point is the head.

Seltas is also weak to fire, his weak point is the horn.

Try to mount monsters by landing aerial attacks on their backs. Doing so starts a mini game, keep mashing X until the head turns red, then hold the R button until it turns green again and repeat. If you're successful the monster will fall over and be unable to get back up for a very long while.

-Alternis

my mistake, it wasnt small jaggis that were attacking me when fighting seltas, but great jaggi. its like they were cooperating with their attack patterns, and they kinda ran through me pretty damn quickly. the weapon im using at the moment is the bone long sword. is there a specific mission for the kecha washa like the great jaggi and seltas? being able to solo him would probably be helpful in dealing with them in the future

Great Jaggi counts as a big monster, as does anything else that shows up on the auto-target panel and doesn't die in a couple of hits. I wouldn't spend much time trying to kill intruder monsters that pop up on harvest tours, though; the rewards aren't worth your time in the early game. Better to concentrate on monsters that are the main targets in hunting quests, as provided by the Guildmarm.

thats good advice, it seems the great jaggi dies easier in the specified mission rather than the harvest tour.

tuffy

my mistake, it wasnt small jaggis that were attacking me when fighting seltas, but great jaggi. its like they were cooperating with their attack patterns, and they kinda ran through me pretty damn quickly. the weapon im using at the moment is the bone long sword. is there a specific mission for the kecha washa like the great jaggi and seltas? being able to solo him would probably be helpful in dealing with them in the future
Kecha Wacha's hunting quest is the 3 star urgent quest, so you'll run into him pretty fast. If you run out of quests from the Guildmarm, be sure to check for expeditions in the World Map (the blue circle). The first couple of them - Velocidrome and Kut Ku - are required.

So can Relics have any combination of the dual jewels and defense? Might it be possible to end up with five Death Stench pieces all with Edgelore+5 gems? What's the max base defense?

Top Bottom