• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wolfe

I feel silly having the same name for my hunter lol.

I always have to remember who's who with the rest of you all :p

Wolfe

Yeah I just try not to be in front of him when I notice he's going to do the beam, course that gets a bit harder with B Gravios and his uppercut beam.

I'm all alone >.<

-Alternis

The first room I made today was because of your post! :(

Edit: I guess it was over half an hour after lol.

Just to clarify, Teostra's red clouds inflict Blastblight, and if you don't remeove that and he hits you again it'll detonate, dealing massive damage.

You can remove it with Deodorant or rolling 3 times. Also, your armor is like paper against Teostra especially, everyone else can survive Blast explosions at least.

Also, new room?

I noticed I got super rusty on my GQs from the other day. Not that I'm gonna run them right now since I'm at work but I might later if anybody is interested?

jorgejjvr

This may be silly but...are there any GAFers whom are still new to the game and have any general questions they want to ask? I say this because seeing as most of us are G rank, perhaps the newcomers feel a little turned away to ask us things in fear of maybe being ridiculed or something. My apologies if this was a rather random and silly post, but I'm just trying to help.

-Alternis

But....poor Kushala Daora....doesn't he count...?

-Alternis

Oddly no he doesn't, he drops Death Stench and Crimson Fatalis Z.

edit: Which is also why relic Silver sol is only Yian Garuga and Rajang and that best chance is Original A.
double edit: room is up! 52-2054-3447-9719
pw: 1111

Shengar

When someone immediately used farcaster in a hot/cold area, you know they must be forgetting something.
I frequently become that guy.

tuffy

I've got both Hot Drinks and Cool Drinks in my standard item set. I'll put one or both of them back into the box before the hunt, depending on where the hunting location is. But if I happen to forget, I'm set for anything by default. It's a sort of "opt out" strategy.

co1onel

I used to take hot drinks and cold drinks on every hunt, but after doing guild quests so often, I made a separate item set for guild quests that didn't have them. I don't like having to cycle through items I don't need in the heat of a fight. Now when I do a non-guild quest I still choose the guild quest set by habit. I should put farcasters in all of my item sets though.

NSESN

So people i bought the game two weeks ago, but only now i have good time to play
one question:
How I dodge Rathalos poison attack?It's the only thing i can't dodge in this game

tuffy

So people i bought the game two weeks ago, but only now i have good time to play
one question:
How I dodge Rathalos poison attack?It's the only thing i can't dodge in this game
For his homing poison claw, the tell for it is that he'll fly up higher than normal, pause to pick a target, then dart down for the attack. Try to get directly under him beforehand. If successful, he should go right over your head and miss.

Other solutions are to try to Flash Bomb him out of the sky. Or try to block it, if applicable.

NSESN

For his homing poison claw, the tell for it is that he'll fly up higher than normal, pause to pick a target, then dart down for the attack. Try to get directly under him beforehand. If successful, he should go right over your head and miss.

Other solutions are to try to Flash Bomb him out of the sky. Or try to block it, if applicable.

thanks, i'm always trying to dash this attack

Anteo

If you dont have enough time to get under him, put your weapon away, face away from him and start running. As soon as he tries to poison you do a roll, you will initiate a superman dive that has a lot of invulnerability time.

Wolfe

Sorry Jeff I ended up passing out and then proceeded to have the worst sleep in recent memory, should have just stayed up :(

I used to take hot drinks and cold drinks on every hunt, but after doing guild quests so often, I made a separate item set for guild quests that didn't have them. I don't like having to cycle through items I don't need in the heat of a fight. Now when I do a non-guild quest I still choose the guild quest set by habit. I should put farcasters in all of my item sets though.

I'm pretty good at checking the location before we leave and grabbing the drinks then, I don't like carrying things I've got no opportunity to use on hunts but sometimes in the heat of trying to ready up (everyone else waiting at the gate, I'm still choosing gear for example) I'll forget to check the zone.

I always have a farcaster on me though, partially for that reason lol.

YMMV obviously but I always find it easiest to dodge the claws just before they connect (when I still have my weapon out) but that also might be due to me being used to his tells and movements at this point.

As they say, practice makes perfect.

As a hunting horn user, if I cast part 1 of a defense buff in an area with only me(let's say I cast it while chasing the monster) but cast it again shortly thereafter in an area my team mates do they get the bonus version or just the initial buff?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mentioned this a few weeks ago but I'm looking to set up a group of people dedicated to going through this game...and doing every single mission. No more race to the top. Trying to get 4-6 of us, though we'll help out any who ask when we have free time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mentioned this a few weeks ago but I'm looking to set up a group of people dedicated to going through this game...and doing every single mission. No more race to the top. Trying to get 4-6 of us, though we'll help out any who ask when we have free time.

I'm in.

I think you might have said when you mentioned it previously, but are you looking for people who are geared or already G or what?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think you might have said when you mentioned it previously, but are you looking for people who are geared or already G or what?

Ideally not geared, I think. 4 player on low rank is easy enough. We can even help people get geared if we have to. I mean, this will be a semi-perpetual slow play to help like minded folks after all.

Ideally not geared, I think. 4 player on low rank is easy enough. We can even help people get geared if we have to. I mean, this will be a semi-perpetual slow play to help like minded folks after all.
Well I'm just in to high rank but I'd be down for it. Sounds like a good time and I've felt a bit unmotivated for single player.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's cool, I'll make a LR weapon and dust off some armor to help out.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is there a easy means of getting the king frill from great jaggi? I keep bashing him in the face, but it doesnt do the trick

Top Bottom