• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is there a easy means of getting the king frill from great jaggi? I keep bashing him in the face, but it doesnt do the trick

Hilariously enough I ran into this very problem today. You're probably killing it too fast or not hitting it in the head enough. It's a very common drop if you wound the head frill, which will show by having it all torn up.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It should be a reward for breaking it's face. Maybe you're killing it, by hitting the body, before it can break?

Hilariously enough I ran into this very problem today. You're probably killing it too fast or not hitting it in the head enough. It's a very common drop if you wound the head frill, which will show by having it all torn up.

I think it may be my felynes. Those two are beasts now. Im gonna disable them and go for it again

Ev9XYMk.jpg

My first beshackled, and it sucks!

jorgejjvr

I mentioned this a few weeks ago but I'm looking to set up a group of people dedicated to going through this game...and doing every single mission. No more race to the top. Trying to get 4-6 of us, though we'll help out any who ask when we have free time.

Could you elaborate? I don't understand who or what you're specifically looking for.

-Alternis

Edit: I am officially available for hunting. Does anyone need help in anything? Don't be afraid to speak up, I always do my best to help others in anyway I can, and I would imaging I'm good at it too, seeing as I've seen no complaints XP

Edit 2: Regarding Man God, I suppose I could make some lower rank armor if you prefer, but sadly that also means I won't be able to use the weapon that I feel I'm most useful with (the glaive) since I won't have my SK set and I'd imagine using my top tier glaive and are out of the question. Oh well, I'll probably play how I did previously, with the charge blade. But yeah, I'm definitely up for a team to help people do every quest.

Tzmhero

I mentioned this a few weeks ago but I'm looking to set up a group of people dedicated to going through this game...and doing every single mission. No more race to the top. Trying to get 4-6 of us, though we'll help out any who ask when we have free time.

I just got up to High Rank, Myself and still have a good deal of my Low Rank Gear. if you would like to do this, I am down.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so taking out the felynes did the trick. they did too much damage to the thing before i finished him off

ChrisD

So Fatalis tail can't be cut, right? I'm seeing lots of no on Google, but a number of yes as well.

Using the Charge Blade alongside my Hammer again. Mostly because I like the style, but the ability to actually get tails has me focused on cutting them whenever possible.

So Fatalis tail can't be cut, right? I'm seeing lots of no on Google, but a number of yes as well.

Using the Charge Blade alongside my Hammer again. Mostly because I like the style, but the ability to actually get tails has me focused on cutting them whenever possible.

Nope, it can't be cut.

Greddleok

I've been testing out weapons, and I think I'm set on the bow as my secondary. Is the bow viable in solo play? It feels like it would be, but that it'll be super hard.

tuffy

I've been testing out weapons, and I think I'm set on the bow as my secondary. Is the bow viable in solo play? It feels like it would be, but that it'll be super hard.
The bow's perfectly viable solo; I've seen some impressive solo bow speedruns to prove it. It's bound to take a lot of practice, but that's no different from any other weapon.

Greddleok

That's good to know. I went and fought a couple of monsters with a bow and only a couple of pieces of gear on, and I did just fine. I'm sure once I have Evade 2+ and focus I'll do great.

daakusedo

The one time I beat gogmazios was by helping someone else.
Then shortly after it's my turn and a g3 player dies two times and the highest ranked one succumb in the very last part.
Obviously i called it quits.

I wonder if it would be good to keep the mountings for that last part, so we can do them fast.

Chuckpebble

The odds are virtually identical (5.91% for 3 body carves vs. 5.88% for 2 capture rewards). But capturing goes a little faster so that's what I did.

Thanks, guess I'll just try for cap and settle for kill if I botch it. Am I correct, there isn't any tell at all? I keep finding my self saying "Oh, it died."

tuffy

Thanks, guess I'll just try for cap and settle for kill if I botch it. Am I correct, there isn't any tell at all? I keep finding my self saying "Oh, it died."
There's no limp and his health is pretty low. I had to gem in Cap Guru and keep watching for the flashing dot in order to shave off a little bit of hunt time on each run. But it took me a lot of runs to find that Blastheart, so it added up!

Chuckpebble

There's no limp and his health is pretty low. I had to gem in Cap Guru and keep watching for the flashing dot in order to shave off a little bit of hunt time on each run. But it took me a lot of runs to find that Blastheart, so it added up!

Been doing head and both arms and then laying a trap if the clock is at the 10 minute mark. And wouldn't you know it. My very next attempt I get one in line A and one in the sub quest rewards. :)

Insaniac

My insect glaive plan:

Step 1: Get Red Juice
Step 2: Get white Juice
Step 3: Pogo stick like a madman
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

(Loving IG so far)

tuffy

I wonder if Cross will have the same issue with powersaves and custom quests.
Since the 3DS game save encryption is apparently broken, it's going to be hard to prevent people from cheating altogether. But I would like to see the game engine be made robust to prevent the sort of ridiculous bullshit we're seeing now. Like having the DLC be unlock codes instead of sending down full quests wouldn't keep people from running them early if the codes were hacked, but would keep players from making up their own. Or having the game know which charms are valid and resetting the player's item box if some bogus skill combination is detected (or auto-kicking them from rooms online if a player switches to such a charm).

Gore Magala Lvl 137 GQ! (bow/gun affinity)

00-5971-0777-4087

We can take turns too, if you have other Lvl 136+ you want to post. :)

EDIT: I'm still here!

D-Pad

Hi! My name is D-Pad and I'm freshly G-rank and I just wanted to stop by and say hi and that I love this series and it has become one of my favorite series ever and I hope Capcom never stops producing it. See you around, nya!

jorgejjvr

Hi! My name is D-Pad and I'm freshly G-rank and I just wanted to stop by and say hi and that I love this series and it has become one of my favorite series ever and I hope Capcom never stops producing it. See you around, nya!

You can hunt with us if you'd like.

-Alternis

ChrisD

Egg
Quests
Done

There are few things as boring as Transport quests. On the bright side, Crimson Fatalis is a fun fight minus that giant BOOM-FIRE CIRCLE EVERYWHERE attack. But he only used it a few times, so it works.

I'm seeing that you pretty much can't make a thing with HR C.Fatalis material, so that part does have me second-guessing fighting him again. Fun fight, but if you're not gaining much in terms of materials it's a little less fulfilling.

Chuckpebble

Egg
Quests
Done

There are few things as boring as Transport quests. On the bright side, Crimson Fatalis is a fun fight minus that giant BOOM-FIRE CIRCLE EVERYWHERE attack. But he only used it a few times, so it works.

I'm seeing that you pretty much can't make a thing with HR C.Fatalis material, so that part does have me second-guessing fighting him again. Fun fight, but if you're not gaining much in terms of materials it's a little less fulfilling.

I just recently completed the Artian S set and I think I'm going to go after him some more for that SnS at least. Can't wait to see how much of a breeze he is with Guard Up.

hutna

Partner and I are trying to collect some HR Stygnian Zinogre stuff. Anyone who wants to join/help here is our ID:
17-3689-5507-1467

Kater

Banned
Hey there. ^_^

As Alternis said, you can ask in here if you need help with hunts or want to help others out with their quests.

I just recently completed the Artian S set and I think I'm going to go after him some more for that SnS at least. Can't wait to see how much of a breeze he is with Guard Up.

I just recently completed the G-Rank version of that set. Farming for Distorted Fragments was a pain, not because of difficulty but because it's nothing but resetting for treasure rooms to get maybe 2-4 per run, Palicoes included. >.<;;; And you need 27 of those darn things...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So I just ordered 4U and it will be for all intents and purposes my first Monster Hunter game (I played an hour maybe of one of the PSP ones). I'm wondering if anybody knows of any video series of someone playing this for the first time or learning how to play it from a veteran of the series?

The guys at Giant Bomb started a series but it ended after only one episode due to the newbie giving up on the game. But that's kind of the experience level and tone I'd like to see more of. I don't want to just watch dry instructional videos about how to use weapons or beat specific monsters.

D-Pad

You can hunt with us if you'd like.

-Alternis

Hey there. ^_^

As Alternis said, you can ask in here if you need help with hunts or want to help others out with their quests.

Thank you both! Right now I'm doing a second playthrough with my sister (who also fell in love with the game btw). I've also been playing through 3U (which I bought after falling in love with 4U) with a friend. Fun times there too, though I prefer 4u and its, uh, not-water fights.

I do hope to do some hunts here sometime. Got a G1 character still in high-rank (Rath Soul) armor, and I've been trying to farm Yian Garuda for its g-rank armor to help me out a bit and got nowhere with that...

jorgejjvr

So I just ordered 4U and it will be for all intents and purposes my first Monster Hunter game (I played an hour maybe of one of the PSP ones). I'm wondering if anybody knows of any video series of someone playing this for the first time or learning how to play it from a veteran of the series?

The guys at Giant Bomb started a series but it ended after only one episode due to the newbie giving up on the game. But that's kind of the experience level and tone I'd like to see more of. I don't want to just watch dry instructional videos about how to use weapons or beat specific monsters.

I'm sure you can find what you're searching for by searching through YouTube. Sadly I don't know anyone specific but I'm sure if you just look up "Let's play MH4U" then you'll find what you're searching for.

-Alternis

DooD1234

Anyone want to take it easy and earn some HR event quest stuff like the Sonic outfit, the Animal Crossing stuff, Gravios May Cry etc? Making a room.

ID number 65-7431-7173-7379

DooD1234

So I want to use he Seregios Bow I just finish upgrading. What skills should I put as a priority to look for? Any armor set would you guys recommend?

So I want to use he Seregios Bow I just finish upgrading. What skills should I put as a priority to look for? Any armor set would you guys recommend?
If I remember right load up is key for his bow. After that I think focus is another good skill if you can fit it on your armor.

co1onel

Load up, focus, and normal up are basically requirements. After that you can use whatever you want. Some people like to put in ruthlessness, while others prefer some evasion skills.

The kushala set is easy set to make, and has focus, evasion and a few points towards load up. Just use your charm and gem in normal up and load up.

How early on should I bother farming charms? I'm in high rank and don't really feel like I need them just yet but perhaps that will change soon.

Tarps

I've only started farming now, and I'm at endgame. Any 3 slot charm coupled with Athena's ASS will help you build some great armor sets!

Greddleok

I got really lucky and found a 6+ evasion charm that I've been using forever. I'm late High Rank. Got so many charms that are probably amazing, but I love that 2+ evade.

Top Bottom