• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Got a 1728 attack GS with natural purple and 3 slots from a level 140 rajang guild quest last night. Made a makeshift GS set to play around with it today and it's insane, staggering everything on a level 3 charge, attack hitting the 1950s with food and challenger+2.

Stoof

Can't get a Los Ruby to save my life. I knew getting 2 back to back would come around and bite me in the ass eventually.

Ken

Got a 1728 attack GS with natural purple and 3 slots from a level 140 rajang guild quest last night. Made a makeshift GS set to play around with it today and it's insane, staggering everything on a level 3 charge, attack hitting the 1950s with food and challenger+2.

Affinity?

colinp

Banned
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to but this, but I got the wrong item in an ebay auction (was trying to get a Zamtrios figure). Can anyone help me figure out how this is supposed to be assembled? I can't seem to find pictures of this online.

Does this help at all?
figure website

Did you get it in its box or was it already opened?

PrankT

That's an awesome find! I haven't used a great sword for very long, but I made a Ukanlos Cleaver and am trying to get Grand Yamato Gusoku to finish off my armor set. Haven't been able to obtain the Earth Dragonsphire, however, and farming Dah'ren Mohran is a drag.

Valus

That's an awesome find! I haven't used a great sword for very long, but I made a Ukanlos Cleaver and am trying to get Grand Yamato Gusoku to finish off my armor set. Haven't been able to obtain the Earth Dragonsphire, however, and farming Dah'ren Mohran is a drag.

God I am rolling in those. Freaken ridiculous. I think I have 8? And I was only farming it for the Hawk X set. Killed it like...4-5 times tops. Desire sensor man.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've fought 140 Cham too many times, when he looks at you, get ready to panic dive. Of course this only works if you have a weapon style that has you sheathed a lot, then again, he does it mostly when he reappears.

The only move I'm always scared of is his sporadic acid breath in random direction since I think it still 1-hts me.

jorgejjvr

I've fought 140 Cham too many times, when he looks at you, get ready to panic dive. Of course this only works if you have a weapon style that has you sheathed a lot, then again, he does it mostly when he reappears.

The only move I'm always scared of is his sporadic acid breath in random direction since I think it still 1-hts me.
I'm always by his legs and don't get hit by that

Ken

The tricky part with that breath is that the safe spot will rotate around him.

Iryx

Decided to make a SnS status set on a whim, made the Chameleos/Kushala mixed set it has got some really nice skills, Sharpness +1, Evasion +2, Status +2, HG Earplugs and Windproof (Hi). Now I just gotta get better at using SnS.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The tricky part with that breath is that the safe spot will rotate around him.
Yeah, I find it nerve-wracking when balancing the urge to continually attack or just follow his behind when it occurs. I haven't died once when I'm in position when it occurs, but I feel like someday, I will.

bobohoro

-25%, each upgrade adds 5%, but affinity has never been a problem on GS since you'll be using critical draw

Which isn't entirely correct, since CritDraw will only add 100% so a negative affinity of say -10 only nets you 90% affinity on Draw, which is still a drop in overall true raw. The real problem of GS comes in positive affinity, as in GS with for example +25% affinity to balance out lower raw become kinda useless in most basic GS setups.

And today was the first day I didn't touch MH4U since release. The addiction is over!

And my day was even less productive than usual, since I spent most of it reading Manga.

Ken

Which isn't entirely correct, since CritDraw will only add 100% so a negative affinity of say -10 only nets you 90% affinity on Draw, which is still a drop in overall true raw. The real problem of GS comes in positive affinity, as in GS with for example +25% affinity to balance out lower raw become kinda useless in most basic GS setups.

And today was the first day I didn't touch MH4U since release. The addiction is over!

And my day was even less productive than usual, since I spent most of it reading Manga.

Been trying to find the holy 1728 raw, -10% affinity with purple sharpness but might just settle for -25%. 75% affinity with crit draw is still ok!

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to but this, but I got the wrong item in an ebay auction (was trying to get a Zamtrios figure). Can anyone help me figure out how this is supposed to be assembled? I can't seem to find pictures of this online.

Looks like the same Palico but it's a different pose, so not quite. It came as you see pictured.

No, I don't. It was listed as a Monster Hunter 4 figure if that helps at all? But I guess it could be wrong, it came from an american seller.
-need more pictures from different angles.

-is it possible the arms are backwards? are they removable?

-the extra parts might be for different possible configurations? (one pose of him holding the cat's paw, another pose with the cat's paw stored on his back?)

-need more pictures from different angles.

-is it possible the arms are backwards? are they removable?

-the extra parts might be for different possible configurations? (one pose of him holding the cat's paw, another pose with the cat's paw stored on his back?)

Here are two other angles. The arms don't move; there isn't anything that's posable on the figure at all. I don't see a mounting point on his back other than the hole coming out of the back of his leg, but I don't think that's where the paw thing should go.

VICI0US

so HBG folks how much does removing a limiter actually inhibit your mobility?

I'm having a hard time discerning the difference between limiter on/off. I feel like there's a slightly longer delay between firing and being able to evade, but that may just be in my mind.

Just took out my first Zinogre. I only used about 5 megapotions (I've used ~10 on the last few monsters). I think it was just because he moves so fast and far that I was more cautious than normal. I want to get new weapons, but I just keep moving forward in the caravan quests. Midway through 5* now. I really want to get to HR so I can get Jaggi S or Vel S

tuffy

so HBG folks how much does removing a limiter actually inhibit your mobility?

I'm having a hard time discerning the difference between limiter on/off. I feel like there's a slightly longer delay between firing and being able to evade, but that may just be in my mind.
It's not much. The most noticeable change is the lack of side rolls after firing. Any additional delay between firing and evading is minor, as is any change in walking speed. It's nothing I'd keep a limiter on for.

some guesses
wNBT0y0.jpg
EDIT: ACTUALLY, the paw is probably behind him, so everything I suggested, but backwards. with the ways his paws are, the hand under the object should be closer to the hammer head, so my original guesses seem more appropriate.

Just took out my first Zinogre. I only used about 5 megapotions (I've used ~10 on the last few monsters). I think it was just because he moves so fast and far that I was more cautious than normal. I want to get new weapons, but I just keep moving forward in the caravan quests. Midway through 5* now. I really want to get to HR so I can get Jaggi S or Vel S
If you can make do with what you have, try to push into HR. It has more missions, better gear (obviously), and if you keep doing Caravan quests you'll be unlocking some really nifty options for your Town that'll come in handy as you progress.

Man, some of these low rank HR4 offline quests aren't really low rank at all. lol
I believe some of them are technically "high rank" in the sense that the loot they drop is HR. And the difficulty is a bit higher, of course.

If you can make do with what you have, try to push into HR. It has more missions, better gear (obviously), and if you keep doing Caravan quests you'll be unlocking some really nifty options for your Town that'll come in handy as you progress.

Thanks. I haven't hit a wall yet, but there are so many new monsters. I can't believe how much content is in this game.

Thanks. I haven't hit a wall yet, but there are so many new monsters. I can't believe how much content is in this game.
Yeah for sure. Only reason I might caution you against blowing through LR stuff is that if you plan on trying out different weapons in higher ranks, you'll likely need to go back and farm the LR monsters in some circumstances. But for the most part, get to HR and get yourself a decent armor set and few decent weapons in your preferred class. If you haven't already, might wanna consider practicing with a Ranged weapon to help with some troublesome HR quests that will be popping up here soon.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
I can't seem to get the hang of HR4 and beyond. I finally updated my armor to be Rare 5-ish level, and I'm using a longsword that does respectable damage, but I just keep getting destroyed by creatures such as the Pink Rathian. I shudder to think what the other monsters will do to me. I have no idea what decorations to focus on or if it's even worth working towards certain armor-sets instead of individual mismatched pieces.

Yeah for sure. Only reason I might caution you against blowing through LR stuff is that if you plan on trying out different weapons in higher ranks, you'll likely need to go back and farm the LR monsters in some circumstances. But for the most part, get to HR and get yourself a decent armor set and few decent weapons in your preferred class. If you haven't already, might wanna consider practicing with a Ranged weapon to help with some troublesome HR quests that will be popping up here soon.

How many are like that? And how difficult are they as a blademaster? I haven't messed with any ranged weapons yet.

Top Bottom