• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

How many are like that? And how difficult are they as a blademaster? I haven't messed with any ranged weapons yet.
You'll run into a few Gravios and Monoblos missions in Caravan and those are far easier (for most people) with Ranged.

Being good with Ranged is also a boon for monsters that like to fly around and/or hover (like the Raths) or monsters that like to run all over the map recklessly (like Tigrex or Brachy) or monsters that like to cling to ceilings/walls (like Kecha or Khezu). Not saying Ranged is best against all these monsters, but I keep a Ranged weapon in regular circulation because it's a nice change of pace and sometimes makes them easier.

Ranged is also pretty decent at afflicting with Status (PSN, PARA, SLP, etc) and providing backup if you're playing online. People might complain that you're knocking them over with - for instance - your Longsword swoops. Most people don't complain that the Gunner stays back, stays out of the way, and contributes from a distance. You'll be a popular dude if you're the one knocking Flying monsters out of the air when they're trying to change Zones (since Ranged has reach that Melee does not).

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Everyone should try the Color Code arena quest. I had to farm it for coins and it was literally amazing/nightmarish. It forces you to get good vs those dumb dragons. For those who don't know what that arena quest entails, it is a high rank fight vs. Pink Rath and Azure Rath, while they're frenzied… at the same time. The arena is like a rectangle shape. That's it!

Mr. Fix

Sharpness +1/Honed Blade, Evasion +1 and Evade Distance would be what I consider the most important skills for Swaxe.

Sweet, I'll try it. Thanks!

And would anyone be willing to help out with my g3 urgent? Trying to fight gog online with random players is pretty difficult.

ID: 55 7702 3160 8886

Ken

Alright, made it to G2 solo. I will now appreciate a full party of hunters wailing on stuff more than ever.

Ken

You'll be a popular dude if you're the one knocking Flying monsters out of the air when they're trying to change Zones (since Ranged has reach that Melee does not).

I killed a Seregios once as it was flying up. The last shot that I didn't even bother charging up killed it lol.

Also I have seen an IG user repeatedly knock Rathian out of zone-changing flight with their kinsect. I've tried to do it myself but no idea how.

Shiina

I killed a Seregios once as it was flying up. The last shot that I didn't even bother charging up killed it lol.

Also I have seen an IG user repeatedly knock Rathian out of zone-changing flight with their kinsect. I've tried to do it myself but no idea how.

If you have a pheromone set on an enemy it will fly vertically as well so that's how he hit it. The knocking down part is just luck as the monster must have had its flinch threshold almost full at the time. Well I suppose monsters are also far easier to flinch when they're in the air so there's that.

That's pretty cool. Bow, I'm guessing? I wish I was better with bow but LBG/HBG are just too satisfying :p

some guesses
EDIT: ACTUALLY, the paw is probably behind him, so everything I suggested, but backwards. with the ways his paws are, the hand under the object should be closer to the hammer head, so my original guesses seem more appropriate.

Thanks! That was exactly it. I didn't realize the paw was supposed to come off the little pole it was on. Also, the smaller black piece appears to have broken off from the staff in shipping.

Unicorn

Sitting at Uka urgent as a gateway to G.

I'm thinking I'm going to introduce Lance to my armory once Uka is down. What are the best Lance and armor sets for it? For now I'm thinking guard Lance until I feel comfortable to try evade Lance.

What is available to me at G to get set up?

Man what a difference poison makes vs white monoblos. It cut down my quest time by at least 3-4 minutes. And thankfully the quick turn that one does isn't as instant as stupid black diablos. That one leaves no room for error :/

tuffy

Chameleos is one slippery monster to deal with for the first time. I'd been trying to heavy bowgun all the things this time around. But he was enough of a hassle that I finally broke down, upgraded to the Searulean Firedance, and machine-gunned him to death with a trusty light bowgun and my normal up HBG set.

Shengar

This sounds like something out of a friggin nightmare. Apex monsters seem bad enough already.

This come to me as an IG user. I can only take juice if apply drive to my wystone. But when I applied it, the damn thing just refuse to lower its head or stay still for a second. I want to use other weapon such as lance or ls, then I remember the damn thing always fart fire whenever it uses fire beam and strafing fire shots, just like Black Gravios.

Looking at making Monodevil armor, debating on making that my first G gunner set since it has enough gem slots to work with and the only negative ability can be removed easily enough. Oh and it also looks cool too #fashion hunter

I'm thinking I'm going to introduce Lance to my armory once Uka is down. What are the best Lance and armor sets for it? For now I'm thinking guard Lance until I feel comfortable to try evade Lance.

Gravios, Barroth, and Hermitaur (my personal pick) have Guard and are fairly easy to acquire. Or, alternatively, something with Sharpness or Speed Sharpen as the default on the armor set and then gem/tali the Guard.

Juraash

Resetting for talisman melds because I once again didn't pay close enough attention to what I could do with the set I wanted to build lol.

I should really plan these things better before hand.

Hermitaur at G1, Gravios at G2. Both allow for additional decorations to get defense up XL easily. If you have a slotted charm with good defense or evasion, you could possibly add in evasion +1 to the mix, which is what I did so I could also practice evade lancing as well as use the armor with IG.

Mzo

Found a great couple of hunters leveling who just happened to be doing the exact quests we needed to finish off G2. It was easy with good players. G3, baby!

Funny to think I was HR6 just 3 days ago =P My shitty armor is a grim reminder, need to farm stupid Diablos for his special horn.

Found a great couple of hunters leveling who just happened to be doing the exact quests we needed to finish off G2. It was easy with good players. G3, baby!

Funny to think I was HR6 just 3 days ago =P My shitty armor is a grim reminder, need to farm stupid Diablos for his special horn.
Good luck on the hardhorn, you'll need it D:

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what the highest point value you can get for edgemaster on a talisman is?

Good luck on the hardhorn, you'll need it D:
Yesterday I went on and on about how difficult it would be to get one to my friend when he decided to make a cera cymmetry, and then he gets one on his first black blos hunt

Ken

Does anyone know what the highest point value you can get for edgemaster on a talisman is?

Yesterday I went on and on about how difficult it would be to get one to my friend when he decided to make a cera cymmetry, and then he gets one on his first black blos hunt

4 edge master on a graven charm.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've been doing arenas with random and Lance is fun whenever you get to charge-run. On the flipside, Gunlance, fuck that weapon.

Okay so I'm really liking THIS Monster Hunter game. I've played Tri and a PSP one and neither clicked for me, but this one has been really fun and I havent even done any online. I just completed all the Guildmarms quests and unlocked Expeditions. But no new quests have unlocked. On the world map there's another city, should I go there? Also in Tri you could go out and collect things at anytime but in 4U I can't seem to do that. Or am I missing something?

Ken

Lol this dude with 10 arcana 10 mechanic charm.

Okay so I'm really liking THIS Monster Hunter game. I've played Tri and a PSP one and neither clicked for me, but this one has been really fun and I havent even done any online. I just completed all the Guildmarms quests and unlocked Expeditions. But no new quests have unlocked. On the world map there's another city, should I go there? Also in Tri you could go out and collect things at anytime but in 4U I can't seem to do that. Or am I missing something?

Expeditions are the new free roam Moga Island from Tri, kind of.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Seregios urgent and then G2 quests after that if anyone wants to help

39-4880-1064-2944

PKrockin

Yes you should go there.

Prototype

U wot m8? Why would you even do that?
I feel he's the easiest monster to farm out if the group that drops the Dragonseal GS.

Edit. Woah. I'm in a room and we're fighting white Fatalis. I thought this wasn't out yet?
Edit. I dipped out. Pretty sure that's not legit.

Top Bottom