• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Anyone want to do some Low/High rank hunts? Still need my wyvern gem but otherwise I'm up for anything.

Will edit this post with room if there's some interest

Wynnebeck

Banned
Each armor piece only needs one specific part for it to show up in the crafting menu. Gore faulds for example, need at least one gore magala feeler to unlock. Kiranico tells you which monster piece you need for every armor piece to show up.

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks!

Kater

Banned
FUCK YEAH, I beat The Master's Test! Kinda wish there was a cool reward for doing so, but whatever.
Congrats!

I'm still avoiding the Bad Hair Day Rajang quest. :p I might do him once I am a bit more accustomed to my LBGs as I probably would have an easier time with ranged combat when hunting him.

Watching melf crush old man fatalis. Pretty cool fight.

Pretty good answer to the question about best monster themes, too
LBG and HBG, what are the go to g rank guns for each? I have the itch to pick up gunning again and I would love to know what to work towards.
Think lots of people are fans of the seregios LBG for non-elemental LBG. God's Isle or whatever for status. Elemental varies but I think it's sygian zinogre for lightning, rusted kushala for ice, rathalos for fire, ash kecha wacha for water. Dunno about dragon.

Oh, and white fatalis for multiple elements if needed.

Don't know shit about HBG

tuffy

LBG and HBG, what are the go to g rank guns for each? I have the itch to pick up gunning again and I would love to know what to work towards.
For HBGs, the Livid Griscannon (M. Tigrex) or Fatalis Enslaver (W. Fatalis) are best for normal shot. The Destiny's Arm (C. Fatalis) is best for non-crouched pierce shot. The Gravios Gigacannon is best for crouched pierce shot. And the Furia Sedition is handy for both normal and pierce shot in situations where it's hard to find a safe chance to reload (like against Shagaru Magala and his energy geysers, or high level Kirin GQs).

Kater

Banned
Savage Jho on G-Rank expeditions annoys me so much. >.< Can't even get to shoot him with all the dragonbreath attacks he does.

I got the meats but he never eats them and instead pins me down and eats my face. Urgh.

tuffy

Savage Jho is one of the most anti-gunner monsters in the game - even more than his non-Savage counterpart. But I really wanted a couple of his Esurient Z parts. So I decided to cheese him on expeditions by installing a shield on a pierce shot HBG in order to block his breath and insta-pins. Then I added the Fortify skill and ate for Felyne Foodie so that if I wound up on the cart I'd keep coming back stronger. That let me wear him down through attrition. It wasn't pretty, but I took him down.

Kater

Banned
Hm, that's a good idea, next time I'll try it with a shield. And yes, at first I thought the most anti-gunner monster was Rajang but even he doesn't chase you as much as Jho (at least in my experience) and he doesn't have a sweeping ranged attack.

Prototype

Yesterday I'm hosting 140Jho, and playing with a pretty good group of randoms, we clear the hunts like 5 times or so, and on the 6th hunt I faint once (set I use has bad dragon res, Jho breath caught me and it 1 shots) we finish the hunt back and in elder hall and one dude tells me I'm a scrub and leaves. Lol.

I'M SO SORRY I'M NOT A MACHINE. I MAKE MISTAKES SOMETIMES!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yesterday I'm hosting 140Jho, and playing with a pretty good group of randoms, we clear the hunts like 5 times or so, and on the 6th hunt I faint once (set I use has bad dragon res, Jho breath caught me and it 1 shots) we finish the hunt back and in elder hall and one dude tells me I'm a scrub and leaves. Lol.

I'M SO SORRY I'M NOT A MACHINE. I MAKE MISTAKES SOMETIMES!

I had that happen the other night on a S.Zin run. We're perfect like six times through, I kart once and get shit on.

tuffy

Randoms are weird. If the hunt's a success, who cares whether or not somebody carts? It's totally irrelevant.

upandaway

I had to sell some during the caravan playthrough but I haven't sold anything in months now. I have way too much than I know what to do with.

I guess I could sell about 25 rathalos rubies if I ever needed money.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've started keeping a shopping list of monsters I need to kill for parts, or things I need to unlock at the wycoon in order to do upgrades and decoration forges I need.

The list is growing very large.

Most pressing item on my to do list is to get access to kirin and oroshi kirin hunts so I can farm him for my IG. Really quite a pain having so much tedious single player to catch up on.

Wolfe

Actually if no one faints I get angry.

Well you should play with me more often then!

I had to sell some during the caravan playthrough but I haven't sold anything in months now. I have way too much than I know what to do with.

I guess I could sell about 25 rathalos rubies if I ever needed money.

I had to stop selling monster parts, I forgot the z counter maxes out at 10 million and I like being able to see how much I actually have lol.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey does anybody have a guild quest for kirin or oroshi kirin they can trade me? The only one I have is for kirin, etc, which wastes a bunch of time having to fight a stupid yian kut ku and then giving shittier rewards for it. I'd like regular quests with those monsters in it. The event quest that has both of them in it at the same time is WAY too hard.

jorgejjvr

I've started keeping a shopping list of monsters I need to kill for parts, or things I need to unlock at the wycoon in order to do upgrades and decoration forges I need.

The list is growing very large.

Most pressing item on my to do list is to get access to kirin and oroshi kirin hunts so I can farm him for my IG. Really quite a pain having so much tedious single player to catch up on.

Dude, there's a high rank event quest where you hunt both a Kirin and Orishi Kirin at the same time in the Tower Summit. Easiest way to get both parts fast. Though in my opinion the Daora IG beats Oroshi's by far and the White Fatalis IG is much better and deals more damage (although Sharpness +1 and razor sharp is needed).

-Alternis
Too hard, eh?
I should be coming home soon.
This means that once I'm home, we can hunt together.
Which means, hunting with me has a 95% success rate (I'm just joking around, I'm not any better than anyone else, I'm a human too, I have my flaws and mistakes, I'm just having fun :p).
Which means, you can win.
Which means, you get rewards.
Which means, you get materials.
Which means, you become happy.
Which means, I become happy :D

Alright, ready to hunt!

Wanderer5

Hm I was able to squeeze in evade +3 with my new star knight lance set, but maybe I take it back down to +2 and squeeze in handicraft if I can do it, cause the white fatalis lance (well its weapons overall) is still a bit bleh in sharpness even with edge lore heh (through with that skill also preventing deflection, it might not be as bad as I think it is).

Despite that I having fun with the set through. Lance can be pretty cool to use.

jorgejjvr

Hm I was able to squeeze in evade +3 with my new star knight lance set, but maybe I take it back down to +2 and squeeze in handicraft if I can do it, cause the white fatalis lance (well its weapons overall) is still a bit bleh in sharpness even with edge lore heh (through with that skill also preventing deflection, it might not be as bad as I think it is).

Despite that I having fun with the set through. Lance can be pretty cool to use.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen many Star Knight lancers :p

Although I hear that with evade +3, all of your lance hop frames are invulnerable, meaning as long as you continually hop, you'll never get hit.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure that all the Fatalis weapons end up with blue sharpness without S+1 but I may be wrong. Trust me though, the extra damage multipliers you get with purple and white sharpness are too big to miss out on, especially with challenger +2.

-Alternis

Wolfe

Hey does anybody have a guild quest for kirin or oroshi kirin they can trade me? The only one I have is for kirin, etc, which wastes a bunch of time having to fight a stupid yian kut ku and then giving shittier rewards for it. I'd like regular quests with those monsters in it. The event quest that has both of them in it at the same time is WAY too hard.

I've got these:

Kirin: 116 - GS/LS, Original series B (chest)
Kirin: 116 - SA/CB/IG, Original series E (legs)
O. Kirin: 51 - H/HH, Original series C (arms)
O. Kirin: 116 - SNS/DB, Original series C (waist)
O. Kirin: 116 - SNS/DB, Tri series A (arms)
O. Kirin: 120? (it's 138 atm, can't remember the original level) - SNS/DB, Original series D (chest)

The rest are O/Kirin + "etc", these are all the single mob ones I have.

Wanderer5

I'll be honest, I haven't seen many Star Knight lancers :p

Although I hear that with evade +3, all of your lance hop frames are invulnerable, meaning as long as you continually hop, you'll never get hit.

Hmm...I'm pretty sure that all the Fatalis weapons end up with blue sharpness without S+1 but I may be wrong. Trust me though, the extra damage multipliers you get with purple and white sharpness are too big to miss out on, especially with challenger +2.

-Alternis

Without S+1 it still has some white sharpness.

upandaway

I'm someone who if I had anything less than Evasion +3 while evade lancing, I may as well have Evasion Down. I wish I could put both Evade +3 and S+1 on SK. Athena won't even let me put both of those skills on any other decent set. I plan on just going with Guard +2 and S+1 on SK.

jorgejjvr

I'm thinking of making the GX Esurient armor. What do you guys think?
It comes with:

-Miraculous Luck (+20 Fate)
-Carving God (+20 Carving)
-Weakness Exploit (+10 Tenderizer)
-Critical Eye -3 (-20 Expert)

-It also has -25 to all resistances

I can gem out the negative points in expert to where I don't have any negative skills, just the good ones, and I can eat for resistances. Would this be better than say, Golden Lune, where you can get Miraculous Luck and possibly Capture Expert/Celebrity/God?

I don't really capture, so yeah..

-Alternis

Wolfe

I'm someone who if I had anything less than Evasion +3 while evade lancing, I may as well have Evasion Down. I wish I could put both Evade +3 and S+1 on SK. Athena won't even let me put both of those skills on any other decent set. I plan on just going with Guard +2 and S+1 on SK.

I dunno if you consider it decent or not but what about Narga armor? First thing that comes to my mind when thinking of high evasion with S+1.

I'm thinking of making the GX Esurient armor. What do you guys think?
It comes with:

-Miraculous Luck (+20 Fate)
-Carving God (+20 Carving)
-Weakness Exploit (+10 Tenderizer)
-Critical Eye -3 (-20 Expert)

-It also has -25 to all resistances

I can gem out the negative points in expert to where I don't have any negative skills, just the good ones, and I can eat for resistances. Would this be better than say, Golden Lune, where you can get Miraculous Luck and possibly Capture Expert/Celebrity/God?

I don't really capture, so yeah..

-Alternis

I'll make it just cause it looks neat :p

LiQuid!

Thanks for all the hunts Alternis and Wolfe! Got the rare 9 kirin IG now:

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/insectglaive/emperor-boltbrute

Just need some G-rank kirin parts that are pretty easy to get to finally have my first maxed out glaive. I just don't think there's any way to fight G-rank kirin until I'm G3, which is a ways off!

ed: oops, this one's mine: http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/insectglaive/king-boltbrute

The other one is the one I'll have at the end. Me and my friend saw a guy using one of those with the new white fatalis armor set and we both got loot lust over his look so we're trying to farm em up! :D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey, I'm trying to find some G-rank Kelbi so I can get their pelts. Any ideas on where they are? I've tried the Anc. Steppes harvest tour, but nothing there.

Wolfe

Hey, I'm trying to find some G-rank Kelbi so I can get their pelts. Any ideas on where they are? I've tried the Anc. Steppes harvest tour, but nothing there.

Try G expeditions, always see them in that zone with the stream (either kelbi or crabs or gargwa).

jorgejjvr

Thanks for all the hunts Alternis and Wolfe! Got the rare 9 kirin IG now:

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/insectglaive/emperor-boltbrute

Just need some G-rank kirin parts that are pretty easy to get to finally have my first maxed out glaive. I just don't think there's any way to fight G-rank kirin until I'm G3, which is a ways off!

ed: oops, this one's mine: http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/insectglaive/king-boltbrute

The other one is the one I'll have at the end. Me and my friend saw a guy using one of those with the new white fatalis armor set and we both got loot lust over his look so we're trying to farm em up! :D

Awe, you guys didn't let me properly say goodbye! :p

I'm not upset or anything though X3

Like I said, I hope I helped out and that you guys had fun and were entertained by me and my foolishness xP

My apologies if the hunts seemed a bit slow or if it seemed like I wasn't performing the best I could >.< frankly it's rather late and the sleepiness is overcoming me :p

Goodnight and Happy Hunting!

-Alternis

Top Bottom