• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

don't see why Gore can't come back. Honestly see no issue with the frenzy/apex in general, but it probably won't be a thing outside of Gore.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
These disconnects are fucking gross.

News flash: I can't kill an azure rathalos by myself.

Playing around with the greatsword again. Boy am I rusty. It's like the complete opposite of the Charge Blade, in which you need to fill the phials up by keeping yourself close to the monster. You gotta hit and run chipping at the monster's health

Sorry for double post, but this LR armour is really making thing tougher than they should be. Putting a room up for HR Tetsu for anyone who wants to join: 58-6865-4579-7745

Here's an HR room, I'm okay with keys but I'll ask for some advanced too

28-9567-8216-5902 / 3333

Room still going. 2 slots open for anyone interested.

currently doing a los
Still 2 slots open! Finishing up azure los. If anyone plays blademaster and likes cutting off tails, you're our guy!

Kater

Banned
Gunning (G-Rank) Akantor with an HBG is so much fun, especially if you got people keeping him down with mounts, etc., making it possible for you to pump him full of Pierce shots.

I felt like a god, ha.

Pretty productive night. Got rid of my LR Tetsu armour for a shiny HR version, upgraded 2 of my CBs, forged a Tigrex GS for some raw dmg GS fun, and I am now on my way to upgrade my Gore CB with the Gore/Shagaru CB upgrade since I am now on HR in Caravan as well. Good stuff. Now that I have new armour, the fights aren't as tough or scary anymore.

jorgejjvr

G3 achieved
chaotic gore magala wasn't so bad, he did a lot of damage, but i always had time to heal

I love how when he tries to limp/fly away, he can seem to be very indecisive. He starts limping one way, but then turns around and decides to maybe fight back a bit more or wait a bit longer, before deciding to finally leave. Sure, this kind of sadly makes him easier to finish off, but I find that it's supposed to show the inner struggle within it, almost like the Gore Magala part of it is telling him to run away and seek shelter to survive and evolve, while the Shagaru Magala part of him is telling him to stand it's ground, never run away, defend its territory, and fight to the death, as it is a fully evolved superior being. Simply beautiful yet tragic.

Even in his battle theme you hear the two Magala themes battling to overtake each other, and if you listen very closely, you can even hear the Magala whimpering and screaming from the pain of its malformation as the Chaos Magala is no longer immune to his virus, and is thus destroying him and decaying him from the inside out. I suppose killing it is ending its misery.

Even his roar sounds the most terrifying out of all the three imo.

Here is a link to the BGM, watch at your own risk:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qEYamMiFpw

-Alternis
@names, wait until you get to HR6 and 7. Oof!

Plus, G rank, once there, is always scary.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Doing some G2 progression if anybody's bored

40-2783-1600-1802

@names, wait until you get to HR6 and 7. Oof!

Plus, G rank, once there, is always scary.
True I didn't say I am not scared, because I still am LOL. Now I just have a lot more room to breathe. Plus, this quick sharpening skill on the Tetsu armour is bomb. High health, high defense, fast polishing. Me likey.

True I didn't say I am not scared, because I still am LOL. Now I just have a lot more room to breathe. Plus, this quick sharpening skill on the Tetsu armour is bomb. High health, high defense, fast polishing. Me likey.

just wait until you get sharpness +1 or razor sharp with seregios weapons. Sharpening becomes so trivial. It's awesome.

Honestly cannot wait for my seregios LBG. I want it so bad. Maybe I'll get there tomorrow.

jorgejjvr

That's always a nice feature! What're you looking for next in MH in terms of what you want to obtain? :3

-Alternis

just wait until you get sharpness +1 or razor sharp with seregios weapons. Sharpening becomes so trivial. It's awesome.

Honestly cannot wait for my seregios LBG. I want it so bad. Maybe I'll get there tomorrow.

That's always a nice feature! What're you looking for next in MH in terms of what you want to obtain? :3

-Alternis
Putting these two together because my next armour set is also something that I want because of the Sharpness+1 on it: the Double Gore set.

In terms of weapons I'm pretty much just making one of each element and waiting to be able to make a Brachios CB for pure raw dmg. For now the Gore is my main, with my other element blades for whenever a monster has a particularly high weakness to them.

Heh it's funny because by now, ~70hrs into a game I would have put it down already. With this game I feel like I am still so new to everything.

LiQuid!

Start online hall for MAXIMUM MON HUN.

Start quest with 3 promising individuals.

Get half way done hunning mon.

All 3 promising individuals leave room (I've disconnected).

Proceed to fight G-rank gravios by myself for a half hour on one life.

G-rank gravios is finally limping.

G-rank gravios kills me with 3 heat seeking fireballs in a row.

Fuck this game right now.

jorgejjvr

Putting these two together because my next armour set is also something that I want because of the Sharpness+1 on it: the Double Gore set.

In terms of weapons I'm pretty much just making one of each element and waiting to be able to make a Brachios CB for pure raw dmg. For now the Gore is my main, with my other element blades for whenever a monster has a particularly high weakness to them.

Heh it's funny because by now, ~70hrs into a game I would have put it down already. With this game I feel like I am still so new to everything.

Brachydios CB has blast but the highest raw, Teostra CB has the highest blast, and Crimson Fatalis is perfectly in between but requires sharpness +1.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Start online hall for MAXIMUM MON HUN.

Start quest with 3 promising individuals.

Get half way done hunning mon.

All 3 promising individuals leave room (I've disconnected).

Proceed to fight G-rank gravios by myself for a half hour on one life.

G-rank gravios is finally limping.

G-rank gravios kills me with 3 heat seeking fireballs in a row.

Fuck this game right now.

Don't overestimate yourself. Perhaps you could've ended via subquest? Or did you have a reasonable high chance of winning and got unlucky?

-Alternis

Get the nerscylla CB when you can (should be able to now tbh). It isn't the highest raw ever, but it has absolutely godly sharpness for highrank, and poison works on basically anything.

brachy CB is cool but honestly I'm not the biggest fan of blast. Not sure why.

Elija2

Does anyone know any good guides for the Gogmazios quest? I'm hearing that you're supposed to use the cannon and ballista at specific times but I don't really understand the specifics.

jorgejjvr

Does anyone know any good guides for the Gogmazios quest? I'm hearing that you're supposed to use the cannon and ballista at specific times but I don't really understand the specifics.

I just attack until it dies and simply run away when it flies.

Word.

-Alternis

Brachydios CB has blast but the highest raw, Teostra CB has the highest blast, and Crimson Fatalis is perfectly in between but requires sharpness +1.

-Alternis

Get the nerscylla CB when you can (should be able to now tbh). It isn't the highest raw ever, but it has absolutely godly sharpness for highrank, and poison works on basically anything.

Gonna add these to my grinding list lol! I've had my eye on the Nerscilla and also the Queltas one, that one even though it is a simple water element Blade, it looks super badass. This is why I don't get anywhere in the game, I just grinding for cool stuff lmfao.

LiQuid!

Don't overestimate yourself. Perhaps you could've ended via subquest? Or did you have a reasonable high chance of winning and got unlucky?

-Alternis

When everybody DC'd from the room we had already fought him for a while, so I assumed he was at least close to being weak. Ended up fighting him for 20 minutes by myself before he started limping. I was doing alright that entire time but I had died once earlier and didn't have a max potion so yeah, I got unlucky and he caught me with his 3-in-a-row fireball attack and it 100 to 0'd me. I really do need to just start abandoning whenever I get a full room DC like that tho.

I just tried this same quest again. Literally 5 seconds into the quest 1 guy DC's. Whatever, there's still 3 of us, let's do this. Literally 5 seconds after he enters the gravios' room, the gunner carts. Oh well, that's just one death, let's carry on. Gunner gets back to gravios' room and literally 5 seconds later carts again. Literally 5 seconds after gunner carts the other guy in the room carts. And once again I am alone.

I can take a hint. Done with Monster Hunter for today. I'll try again tomorrow.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just attack until it dies and simply run away when it flies.

Word.

-Alternis

That's what I do but everyone I group with always dies. I just finished the S. Zingore set so I could be more aggressive and deal more damage, I've got it up to +3 evasion and +3 dragon attack, in the hopes that I can kill him before everyone karts and the fight ends. I really need to get a GAF group for him at some point.

jorgejjvr

When everybody DC'd from the room we had already fought him for a while, so I assumed he was at least close to being weak. Ended up fighting him for 20 minutes by myself before he started limping. I was doing alright that entire time but I had died once earlier and didn't have a max potion so yeah, I got unlucky and he caught me with his 3-in-a-row fireball attack and it 100 to 0'd me. I really do need to just start abandoning whenever I get a full room DC like that tho.

I just tried this same quest again. Literally 5 seconds into the quest 1 guy DC's. Whatever, there's still 3 of us, let's do this. Literally 5 seconds after he enters the gravios' room, the gunner carts. Oh well, that's just one death, let's carry on. Gunner gets back to gravios' room and literally 5 seconds later carts again. Literally 5 seconds after gunner carts the other guy in the room carts. And once again I am alone.

I can take a hint. Done with Monster Hunter for today. I'll try again tomorrow.

This. Is. Why. You. Never. Trust. Randoms.

You can only ever rely on yourself and a very select few group of people (like us). I had to solo a relatively big chunk of the game, so I suggest you learn to do the same to the extent where you can reliably hunt anything ok your own. Whenever everyone DC's I pretty much always end up beating the quest anyways, regardless of what it is. Perhaps I may faint or experience difficulties at times or on certain occasions due to the random variables of a hunt, but I can rely on myself.

-Alternis

This. Is. Why. You. Never. Trust. Randoms.

You can only ever rely on yourself and a very select few group of people (like us). I had to solo a relatively big chunk of the game, so I suggest you learn to do the same to the extent where you can reliably hunt anything ok your own. Whenever everyone DC's I pretty much always end up beating the quest anyways, regardless of what it is. Perhaps I may faint or experience difficulties at times or on certain occasions due to the random variables of a hunt, but I can rely on myself.

-Alternis

I think soloing with CB basically requires learning guard points. Something I didn't particularly enjoy doing. IG seems like the ultimate solo weapon, though. Gotta just learn it and take it in to all my random rooms

jorgejjvr

Gonna add these to my grinding list lol! I've had my eye on the Nerscilla and also the Queltas one, that one even though it is a simple water element Blade, it looks super badass. This is why I don't get anywhere in the game, I just grinding for cool stuff lmfao.

Dah'ren Mohran CB deals better element for less raw, although the final upgraded Ceadeus charge blade (obtained by beating the Naked and Aftaid quest where you take on two Deviljho naked to unlock the parts for trade) ends up with good elemental damage but a whopping 1080 base raw.

-Alternis
Soloing with CB at least requires you to know which attacks, when blocked normally, can allow you to follow up with a triple burst attack.

Besides that, wait for openings, deal some damage, back off for safety, and repeat. If you have impact, try to KO. Done.

Wanderer5

Loving Nerscyalla CB with the Chameleos Armor.<3 Beside the sharpness, it also has some good affinity too, which helps status crit that Chameleos armor has I believe.

Elija2

Was lucky enough to get a good group of randoms and we beat Gogmazios together. Phew.

Now, what's the deal with special permit quests? Do I just have to do random quests to fill up the scrolls to unlock them?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Was lucky enough to get a good group of randoms and we beat Gogmazios together. Phew.

Now, what's the deal with special permit quests? Do I just have to do random quests to fill up the scrolls to unlock them?

I was just in a group that killed him and broke up before I could get my kill in...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You haven't killed him yet? Before I splatoon I can try to help if you want? Then again I haven't played in a while so the rust will probably be real.

Honestly, it's late and I've had a couple. I shouldn't have gone earlier but I wanted to test out my new armor set and weapon against him. Dealt a fuck-ton of damage, was only hit a few times due to my own stupidity and the fight seemed quicker than usual. I'll grab a GAF group tomorrow or something, it should be pretty quick. Thanks for the offer though.

Honestly, it's late and I've had a couple. I shouldn't have gone earlier but I wanted to test out my new armor set and weapon against him. Dealt a fuck-ton of damage, was only hit a few times due to my own stupidity and the fight seemed quicker than usual. I'll grab a GAF group tomorrow or something, it should be pretty quick. Thanks for the offer though.
Sounds good. Yeah I think before doing gog again myself I should ease back into the swing of things :p

Wolfe

No way man, gotta hit the ground running! Full blast right from the get go, carting's just part of the game :D

Also it's funny hearing you guys talk about frustrations with gog and randoms as in thing through the same thing today so attempt to get another of his gems so I can finish off this white fatalis set. Reminds me why I never do this fight lol.

Kater

Banned
Gog is fun if you use the whole arsenal at your hand. Demolisher, Dragonator, the Ballista, maybe have a Gunner and an IG hunter with you that break and mount him.

That reminds me tho, I need to farm him as well for the Dragonsphire, I even need two so this will mean lots and lots of Gog farming. I'm sure I will get tired of fighting him after the fifth or sixth hunt. xD

PKrockin

Gogmazios is a piece of shit. I used Skysunderer and a friend used an IG. As he put it:

Dragonated: 4 times
Destroyer: 1 time
Cannon Shots: 10 shells
Mounts: at least 8
Body Parts Broken: All
Did we win? Nope

I was constantly stabbing his back legs and tail and every time he fell I'd joust charge his head for my full stamina bar--to apply that crazy 780 dragon attack to that ridiculous 60 dragon weakness on his head--and then get another 7-8 pokes on it before he reset to neutral. It's boring stabbing that thing in the asshole for the literal 200th time and it's cheap how the only actual challenge comes from a combination of how fucking long it takes and a OHKO laser. Capcom's really outdone themselves with Dalamadur. It also only had one OHKO to its name as far as dangerous attacks, but it was trivial to avoid so you could just zone out and listen to a podcast while you killed it. Gog is the worst of both worlds--incredibly tedious, yet too dangerous to let you stop paying attention. Worst monster of either 3U or 4U.

jorgejjvr

Gogmazios is a piece of shit. I used Skysunderer and a friend used an IG. As he put it:

Dragonated: 4 times
Destroyer: 1 time
Cannon Shots: 10 shells
Mounts: at least 8
Body Parts Broken: All
Did we win? Nope

I was constantly stabbing his back legs and tail and every time he fell I'd joust charge his head for my full stamina bar--to apply that crazy 780 dragon attack to that ridiculous 60 dragon weakness on his head--and then get another 7-8 pokes on it before he reset to neutral. It's boring stabbing that thing in the asshole for the literal 200th time and it's cheap how the only actual challenge comes from a combination of how fucking long it takes and a OHKO laser. Capcom's really outdone themselves with Dalamadur. It also only had one OHKO to its name as far as dangerous attacks, but it was trivial to avoid so you could just zone out and listen to a podcast while you killed it. Gog is the worst of both worlds--incredibly tedious, yet too dangerous to let you stop paying attention. Worst monster of either 3U or 4U.

Want help? I'll dispatch it.

-Alternis

KingBroly

Banned
Can someone tell me why after beating an HR7 Quest that they're taken off my Quest list? I just did Advanced Grim Tidings (after the 5th try or so, and we had 3 people) along with Advanced Teostra Tangle (which was done in 1 try with 4 people) and they're not on my list anymore.

I still need to do Storm Front and Fleet Action before I can do the HR8 Urgents. I've been in the Spear Menace one...and I have ZERO clue on how to do that one.

Can someone tell me why after beating an HR7 Quest that they're taken off my Quest list? I just did Advanced Grim Tidings (after the 5th try or so, and we had 3 people) along with Advanced Teostra Tangle (which was done in 1 try with 4 people) and they're not on my list anymore.

I still need to do Storm Front and Fleet Action before I can do the HR8 Urgents. I've been in the Spear Menace one...and I have ZERO clue on how to do that one.

Advanced quests cycle. You don't have access to all of them all the time.

Top Bottom