• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It actually kind of blows my mind a little bit how much Alternis is able to type with the awful 3DS keyboard.

Need like 3 more quickie quests til G2. I'll probably go do some of that with pubs tomorrow. I played MonHun like all damn day so I had to bail out just a few after you did Alt.

ChrisD

I've now spent four hours against Gogmazios. >_>

I want to solo him for my first kill. It's just such a great fight, that one hunter against him makes things escalate to a better final showdown than Dalamadur could ever wish. Mostly because it's actually a fight in some capacity, but also because you have all these tools at your disposal!

But wow. The guy is a friggin tank. In every attempt I've cut his tail, broke his back, busted all of his claws, Dragonate him countless times, and I've landed a head-on Demolisher once.

He also hurts, but I think that's just the nature of big monsters.

I'm running Artillery +2, getting Felyne Bombardier, and using Scwarszhild Life honed (or something, Impact Charge Blade).

Perhaps a weapon change is in order. I may even switch my Hone to Attack and just not save if things don't work out well. I love Life Hone way too much to actually spend that much in resources on a failed attempt.

upandaway

I dunno if you consider it decent or not but what about Narga armor? First thing that comes to my mind when thinking of high evasion with S+1.
Yeah but lance got the shaft this game and I consider a decent endgame lance set to be something with DPS skills. Challenger +2, Bombardier, AuL, Critical Eye, something.

Either that or I start grinding a relic lance

Shengar

Pink Rathian isn't that bad.
I already had my shock therapy in 3U

Yeah but lance got the shaft this game and I consider a decent endgame lance set to be something with DPS skills. Challenger +2, Bombardier, AuL, Critical Eye, something.

Either that or I start grinding a relic lance

Join my Honed Blade, Challenger+2, Razor Sharp, and HG Earplug lance brigade panda
*Edgemaster+4 OOO charm required

Would anyone like to do some high rank hunts? I'll make a room in a sec. We can do progression if we've got some crowns to carry :p
Think I'll wait a while, bit early.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm definitely going to need some help with HR7 Key/Urgent Quests later today. These monsters are big and I'm out of my league with them ;_;

I have a few questions.

(1) How do you beat downloadable G-rank Silver Rathalos? That thing is the master of wasting time. It spends no less than 90% of the fight in the air where you can't hit it with most weapons.

(2) Should I hone the Lightbreak Twins for Attack or Defense?

Maybe I should clarify. Does attack honing provide a significant attack boost to Dual Blades with 378 attack power? The boost for Dual Blades is a straight 28 points.

I might be mainly using them with a set of armor that has 716 defense, Evade +3, and Evade Distance Up among other skills, but I still get hit occasionally.

(3) Has anyone soloed downloadable Crimson Fatalis? Is it hard?

jorgejjvr

I have a few questions.

(1) How do you beat downloadable G-rank Silver Rathalos? That thing is the master of wasting time. It spends no less than 90% of the fight in the air where you can't hit it with most weapons.

(2) Should I hone the Lightbreak Twins for Attack or Defense?

Maybe I should clarify. Does attack honing provide a significant attack boost to Dual Blades with 378 attack power? The boost for Dual Blades is a straight 28 points.

(3) Has anyone soloed downloadable Crimson Fatalis? Is it hard?

1) I don't experience that problem since with Rodeo God and an IG, it's the opposite for me. Thankfully, I'm able to often keep him squirming on the ground thanks to that. So I advise trying to mount and/or use flash bombs.

2) I always honed for defense since it gives +60 defense AND divine blessing. However, the reason it looks like you're not getting much attack from attack joining is because of weapon multipliers. In reality, those 28 more attack points are a lot, since attack honing gives you +25 true raw (which I believe is Attack Up XL).

3) Are you referring to Crimson or White Fatalis? I've managed to solo pretty much anything in this game by now, including 140 Rajang, so I can prove that anything is possible.

The only downloadable Crimson Fatalis is high rank, which is a lot easier and does less damage than the G rank Crimson Fatalis (he doesn't even look as scary). However, if you're talking about white Fatalis, then he is much harder than the Crimson Fatalis. Either way, they aren't TOO different, besides the fact that you must be more wary of White's attack since he does huge damage and may one shot you more. Although I can still take them both down within 10-15 minutes.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

It actually kind of blows my mind a little bit how much Alternis is able to type with the awful 3DS keyboard.

Need like 3 more quickie quests til G2. I'll probably go do some of that with pubs tomorrow. I played MonHun like all damn day so I had to bail out just a few after you did Alt.

Don't worry, there's always time to progress!

I'm available now, so yeah :p

What can I say, it's a gift! I have speedy hands (and patience :p).

-Alternis
@Upandaway, KingBroly, and NormalFish, it sounds like you guys could all use some help in high rank! I'm down to help! Make a room and all 4 of us could join. I'll join shortly and help provided that names2hard4you doesn't require assistance, since he's on my my priority help list (since he just got to HR, I hope you understand). Make a room?
All this talk about pink rathian when the Golden Rathian is the big issue, same with silver rathalos. They're a mix of everything and it makes me shed a tear.
Regarding the Gogmazios fight, it is definitely able to be killed solo (even the later "Act of Gog" quest with features a super Gog with like twice or three times the health and damage), but maybe your biggest downfall is your lack of an element? He's insanely weak to dragon and fire, and I believe is tail is the best spot to hit him with the dragon element, so yeah. Perhaps a little element can go a long way.

1) I don't experience that problem since with Rodeo God and an IG, it's the opposite for me. Thankfully, I'm able to often keep him squirming on the ground thanks to that. So I advise trying to mount and/or use flash bombs.

2) I always honed for defense since it gives +60 defense AND divine blessing. However, the reason it looks like you're not getting much attack from attack joining is because of weapon multipliers. In reality, those 28 more attack points are a lot, since attack honing gives you +25 true raw (which I believe is Attack Up XL).

3) Are you referring to Crimson or White Fatalis? I've managed to solo pretty much anything in this game by now, including 140 Rajang, so I can prove that anything is possible.

The only downloadable Crimson Fatalis is high rank, which is a lot easier and does less damage than the G rank Crimson Fatalis (he doesn't even look as scary). However, if you're talking about white Fatalis, then he is much harder than the Crimson Fatalis. Either way, they aren't TOO different, besides the fact that you must be more wary of White's attack since he does huge damage and may one shot you more. Although I can still take them both down within 10-15 minutes.

-Alternis
Oh, I thought the Crimson Fatalis DLC was G-Rank. That's disappointing. Looks like I'll have to wait until I unlock scroll Super Crimson Fatalis.

Kater

Banned
Pink Rathian was worse to me than Azure Rathalos, that stupid tail
Nah, Azure is worse, at least on HR. Pink gets really annoying on G-Rank tho.

Oh, and don't try fighting both of them at the same time if you don't have a good strategy. :D

PW2CBTZ.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why are pubs in this game so bad? 9.9999999/10 of the people that join my G-rank halls have mixed set of trash high rank gear. I have yet to have a lifepowder used on me from anyone outside of GAF and my friends who play. I have a room set up so I can rank up and people keep joining and posting their own quests.

Actual, non-rant question, how come there's no option to set "seregios" as my target monster in the hall info? I've hunted him a whooole lot in single player and in online via event quests, so shouldn't be be showing up in the target list? My G1 urgent has me hunting one and I want to specify that in the room info.

jorgejjvr

Why are pubs in this game so bad? 9.9999999/10 of the people that join my G-rank halls have mixed set of trash high rank gear. I have yet to have a lifepowder used on me from anyone outside of GAF and my friends who play. I have a room set up so I can rank up and people keep joining and posting their own quests.

Actual, non-rant question, how come there's no option to set "seregios" as my target monster in the hall info? I've hunted him a whooole lot in single player and in online via event quests, so shouldn't be be showing up in the target list? My G1 urgent has me hunting one and I want to specify that in the room info.

You unlock the ability to set seregios as the target monster after you beat that urgent, I believe, which is ironic.

Do you wish to hunt?

-Alternis

Hey, just bought MH4 Ultimate and having a great time, except for the fact that I can not go online because of an error. Other than that, I love this game and I already found my main weapon.....THE HAMMER.

jorgejjvr

Hey, just bought MH4 Ultimate and having a great time, except for the fact that I can not go online because of an error. Other than that, I love this game and I already found my main weapon.....THE HAMMER.

That's strange, the servers aren't acting up. Are you sure it's nothing on your end?

-Alternis

I finished the village quests (well, all the urgent ones. Haven't finished all of them yet). I'm at the 5 star quests in the guild hall.

I have the Seregios Great Sword. I'm using the HR Tetsucabra armor.

What should I be working towards? The Diablos armor set has good GS skills, but it's a LR armor. I want something with Focus, Crit Draw, and Sharpness +1 if possible.

I know about Athena. A possible armor set it gives me is:

Diablos Helm
Artian Mail S
Mosgharl Creeper
Esurient Faulds (or anything with Torso Inc)
Tetsucabra Greaves S (or anything with Torso Inc)
-----------------
3x Charger Jewel 1
1x Draw Jewel 1

That would give me Focus and Crit Draw.

Well, I already have the Tesucabra Greaves at least :p

And weapon wise, should I be working towards Cera Cymmetry?

I'd just work towards G rank in general, honestly. I made a pretty nice GS set that I used up until G1 (at which point I got completely decimated), but it didn't use focus. Might be able to find it ~10 pages back or so.

upandaway

I finished the village quests (well, all the urgent ones. Haven't finished all of them yet). I'm at the 5 star quests in the guild hall.

I have the Seregios Great Sword. I'm using the HR Tetsucabra armor.

What should I be working towards? The Diablos armor set has good GS skills, but it's a LR armor. I want something with Focus, Crit Draw, and Sharpness +1 if possible.

I know about Athena. A possible armor set it gives me is:

Diablos Helm
Artian Mail S
Mosgharl Creeper
Esurient Faulds (or anything with Torso Inc)
Tetsucabra Greaves S (or anything with Torso Inc)
-----------------
3x Charger Jewel 1
1x Draw Jewel 1

That would give me Focus and Crit Draw.

Well, I already have the Tesucabra Greaves at least :p

And weapon wise, should I be working towards Cera Cymmetry?
As soon as you hit G, you can get the Exemplar Blade, which upgrades to Grandglory Blade. With S+1, they're both incredibly cheap and easy ways to get a really good GS that can last up to Cera. And the Seregios sword is obviously good enough until G opens up.

I wouldn't waste time making an Athena set for HR though, GS are really strong anyway. I'd just get something with Focus and some semi-helpful skills, Seregios has built in S+1 anyway.

tuffy

As in regards to future games?
Yeah. The Frenzy/Apex mechanics are tied pretty heavily into 4's story so it's hard to see how they could incorporate it into future titles and retain the Gore family. It's like trying to bring Lagiacrus back without water fights.

Seregios' bleeding mechanic seems a little easier and at least it'd be some sort of flagship monster that sticks around.

jorgejjvr

Yeah. The Frenzy/Apex mechanics are tied pretty heavily into 4's story so it's hard to see how they could incorporate it into future titles and retain the Gore family. It's like trying to bring Lagiacrus back without water fights.

Seregios' bleeding mechanic seems a little easier and at least it'd be some sort of flagship monster that sticks around.

Especially since Shagaru and the virus were both wiped out, kind of like the Planet Zebes and Metroids.

Then again, the Metroids came back..

-Alternis

LiQuid!

Sorry I was out all day. Put up a hall now to finish my G1 urgent.

42-0864-9718-2149

No pass. Taking the first 3 GAFers or pub schlubs that wander into the room. Let's do this!

Wanderer5

Yeah make sense, and would be bit of a shame, cause the gore family are pretty cool.

And I can see Seregios being the equivalent of Brachydios, who was the flagship monster of 3G and his Slimeblight got turn into Blastblight and given to a couple other monsters in MH4. The same could happen to Seregios.

Top Bottom