• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

jorgejjvr

Can someone tell me why after beating an HR7 Quest that they're taken off my Quest list? I just did Advanced Grim Tidings (after the 5th try or so, and we had 3 people) along with Advanced Teostra Tangle (which was done in 1 try with 4 people) and they're not on my list anymore.

I still need to do Storm Front and Fleet Action before I can do the HR8 Urgents. I've been in the Spear Menace one...and I have ZERO clue on how to do that one.

Need help? I can help out for a few hunts.

Also, any quests that have "Advanced:" in them cycle randomly through the quest list. If you want to do them again, simply go on a Harvest Tour and abandon, check the quest list, if it's there, great, if not, repeat.

-Alternis

KingBroly

Banned
Need help? I can help out for a few hunts.

Also, any quests that have "Advanced:" in them cycle randomly through the quest list. If you want to do them again, simply go on a Harvest Tour and abandon, check the quest list, if it's there, great, if not, repeat.

-Alternis

That's kinda lame.

And yes, I would like help on them, but It'll have to be later.

Alright, just let me know.

Hmmm...I supposed they did that to add some diversity so that everybody doesn't do every quest all the time.

-Alternis

Honestly I think it's kind of a cool idea. Issue is the game is so grind-orientated that it's less "oh cool I have an awesome advance quest!" and more "what the fuck, why don't I have the advanced quest I need?".
Ideally, Advanced Quests would always have another constant quest available with the same monster. I was trying to get Shagaru materials yesterday for the Charge Blade, but both High and Low ranks are Advanced. Spent more time cycling than I did in the Low Rank fight.

I then moved on to G Rank Gore because I needed four cortexes. First battle, I get one. Second fight, one. Third? A single cortex once more. Fourth? Four of them. Desire sensor hard at work and laughing at my face.

every time.

ChrisD

Ideally, Advanced Quests would always have another constant quest available with the same monster. I was trying to get Shagaru materials yesterday for the Charge Blade, but both High and Low ranks are Advanced. Spent more time cycling than I did in the Low Rank fight.

I then moved on to G Rank Gore because I needed four cortexes. First battle, I get one. Second fight, one. Third? A single cortex once more. Fourth? Four of them. Desire sensor hard at work and laughing at my face.

Anyone want to hunt a bunch of stygian zinogre? Think I'm gonna make his hammer/set for blade master.

Will make a room.
28-3125-3724-6950
No pass.

Fish aren't biting. closed for now.

KingBroly

Banned
Okay, I'm setting up a room for HR7 Key Quests in case anyone wants to help/join me.

Room ID: 38-1007-6771-4219

Password: 9587

EDIT:
Thanks Alternis, I have to step out now. Never beaten Mohran before he got into the field of play before, lol.

Wanderer5

I just realize, those scroll quests are where you get the conqueror's seals right? Can finally work on the final upgrade of the awesome Seregios hunting horn then.

The Advanced Quest mechanic is an incredibly stupid mechanic in practice and I hope they either fix it or remove it entirely for the next game. There is no sense at all in making the monsters that give you the best equipment in the game EXCLUSIVE to RANDOM quests! In G3, almost EVERY quest is an Advanced Quest for no reason at all and it makes me want to throw up. It does absolutely nothing except make grinding unnecessarily harder than it already is. What were they thinking? They're either dense or sadistic.

When is the next set of DLC quests going to show up? I just found out that G-Rank black Fatalis still isn't available and I need its parts to make the Twinbane Twilight dual blades.

jorgejjvr

The Advanced Quest mechanic is an incredibly stupid mechanic in practice and I hope they either fix it or remove it entirely for the next game. There is no sense at all in making the monsters that give you the best equipment in the game EXCLUSIVE to RANDOM quests! In G3, almost EVERY quest is an Advanced Quest for no reason at all and it makes me want to throw up. It does absolutely nothing except make grinding unnecessarily harder than it already is. What were they thinking? They're either dense or sadistic.

When is the next set of DLC quests going to show up? I just found out that G-Rank black Fatalis still isn't available and I need its parts to make the Twinbane Twilight dual blades.

September 4th.

-Alternis

few s. zin bugs, hairs, tail, and a yoldspar ore from my Zin U armor. Why do randoms never cut tails

AFKs in hunts zzz
And yet, Japan got their black Fatalis months ago.

Is there no way to get the Twinbane Twilight blades yet? I've read comments saying they were good.

Can't someone with japanese DLC host it for you? Honestly dunno.

Wanderer5

Oh my god, going through the different types of hunting horns on kiranico and hearing their sounds is such a joy.XD Some really neat stuff.

Red Khezu HH is just too much. Bunch of gross noises including a burp, but then suddenly the musical noises themselves are a lady singing.XD

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just stumbled into the most miraculous group of pubs ever in any video game. Put up a hall for random R2 progression quests. Got 3 people, all G2 as well, all needed approximately the same handful of key quests. Took turns doing urgents for each other. Used LIFEPOWDER. One of them was even a gunner that didn't cart, maybe but once the entire time we played together. Was something like 4 hours I played with the same group of dudes. We did a little G-rank kirin farming after we all hit G3. Out of the 3 kirin kills I only got 1/3 of the horns I need to finish my IG (80% drop rate, dat desire sensor tho!). We all swapped cards and guild quests, I think I even friend listed one of them. It's like, was that even Monster Hunter??? What just happened?

jorgejjvr

I just stumbled into the most miraculous group of pubs ever in any video game. Put up a hall for random R2 progression quests. Got 3 people, all G2 as well, all needed approximately the same handful of key quests. Took turns doing urgents for each other. Used LIFEPOWDER. One of them was even a gunner that didn't cart, maybe but once the entire time we played together. Was something like 4 hours I played with the same group of dudes. We did a little G-rank kirin farming after we all hit G3. Out of the 3 kirin kills I only got 1/3 of the horns I need to finish my IG (80% drop rate, dat desire sensor tho!). We all swapped cards and guild quests, I think I even friend listed one of them. It's like, was that even Monster Hunter??? What just happened?

You met the top 10% right there.

-Alternis

sogood.gif

Gotta say, I'm pretty happy with my pub gunner play. Got my life powders, my traps, my status. Gotta learn to use that recovery shot and get more materials, but overall I very very rarely cart and can keep people alive. It's a good feeling.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I love when that happens. If you ever need a group for G3 hit me up.

NSESN

I don't have much problem with randoms in G rank, they don't abandon so much, and i don't remember someone getting carted more than 1 time.
High rank was much worse.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You know, I think the most amazing thing about that pub group was that we played for almost 4 hours and had not a single disconnect. I think I must have paid a karma god yesterday or something.

Anyways, doing some G kirin farming for the rest of my horns and my room's vacant if anybody is bored.

10-5013-0787-4690

Wolfe

Just like the drops it's all random, that group liquid got is the way it's supposed to be and the way it sounds like it was on 3U online for the most part. Unfortunately the shitty 3ds chat combined with the games increase in popularity seems to have made things a bit worse.

I've also got a room up if anyone is interested in playing.

24-6532-2513-0222

All I want is a yoldspar ore and a stiggy tail. Game y do you hate me
Failed stiggy for the god-knows-how-many-th time. Done for the day.

I just do not understand how people are so awful at this fight, honestly.

I'm thinking of trying out charge blades. I've been looking into the Akantor Severance for the past couple of minutes. G-Rank Akantor is pretty easy, the blade doesn't take too many rare materials, and this charge blade is one of the best from what I've read.

Is it worth honing this for attack to maximize burst damage? I think honing for defense would be better for me because charge blades are more limited in movement than the fast weapons I'm used to.

jorgejjvr

I'm thinking of trying out charge blades. I've been looking into the Akantor Severance for the past couple of minutes. G-Rank Akantor is pretty easy, the blade doesn't take too many rare materials, and this charge blade is one of the best from what I've read.

Is it worth honing this for attack to maximize burst damage? I think honing for defense would be better for me because charge blades are more limited in movement than the fast weapons I'm used to.

All my CBs are defensed honed. I don't think Akantor is worth it because sharpness but yeah, I may be wrong.

-Alternis

Elija2

I was expecting that once I got into G rank quests I'd only be seeing hardcore MH players, but I'm still seeing people who don't even know how skills work!

Wolfe

Man you guys are killin me, no one around to play, sitting in this room all alone lol.

As for akantor CB it's the best for combining with the artillery skill due to the high raw. Slap minds eye on and you're golden. Plus I love how it sounds like a pile of rocks XD

Every G rank battle requires at least white sharpness in my opinion.

-Alternis

As long as your not bouncing there's no real reason to arbitrarily limit yourself to white sharpness imo. I'm not saying I don't strive for purple whenever possible, just that you can make anything work 😊

jorgejjvr

Man you guys are killin me, no one around to play, sitting in this room all alone lol.

As for akantor CB it's the best for combining with the artillery skill due to the high raw. Slap minds eye on and you're golden. Plus I love how it sounds like a pile of rocks XD

As long as your not bouncing there's no real reason to arbitrarily limit yourself to white sharpness imo. I'm not saying I don't strive for purple whenever possible, just that you can make anything work 😊

True, and you have a point. Although, I do have a counter argument that I'm actually curious about. The Akantor CB has 1224 attack with 40% affinity with at most blue sharpness right? Meanwhile, wouldn't a weapon like the Ceadeus Regalia (at 1080 attack, 0% affinity) or heck, even Le Salut (at 900 attack, 35% affinity) deal more damage when you take in to account the difference between purple sharpness multipliers and blue sharpness multipliers? Plus, those two other weapons have elements, further increasing damage. What're your thoughts?

-Alternis

Wolfe

Unfortunaltely, I am busy and will be only able to play like 3 hours from now.

It's all good I just like making a scene lol, got caught up reading an article and was surprised to see no one joined in a half hour. At this point I will have to start getting ready for work soon anyway.

Just itchin to test out my new duds 😎

Wanderer5

Did a couple group against Apex Seregios, and oh man what a fucking bastard lol. Those aerial swipe attacks are especially no joke during that phase.

Got some more gems to be able to honed again, so once I get a couple more conqueror's seals to get the Maqam Sedition, I probably honed it too.

jorgejjvr

Did a couple group against Apex Seregios, and oh man what a fucking bastard lol. Those aerial swipe attacks are especially no joke during that phase.

Got some more gems to be able to honed again, so once I get a couple more conqueror's seals to get the Maqam Sedition, I probably honed it too.

Which Apex Monsters have you hunted so far?

-Alternis

Wolfe

True, and you have a point. Although, I do have a counter argument that I'm actually curious about. The Akantor CB has 1224 attack with 40% affinity with at most blue sharpness right? Meanwhile, wouldn't a weapon like the Ceadeus Regalia (at 1080 attack, 0% affinity) or heck, even Le Salut (at 900 attack, 35% affinity) deal more damage when you take in to account the difference between purple sharpness multipliers and blue sharpness multipliers? Plus, those two other weapons have elements, further increasing damage. What're your thoughts?

-Alternis

That's why I mentioned the artillery skill in particular since impact phial dmg is based off raw and nothing else. I'm too lazy to do the math on a question like the one you specifically brought up but there will always be instances where one particular weapon or setup performs better. After so many years of wow I have a hard time getting into min/maxing anymore lol.

Edit: Hopefully that resembled an answer lol, my point was just that you can make anything useful even if there are better weapons you could be using. Plus that regardless of its drawbacks the akantor CB is the best non relic when it comes to super/ultra burst impact dmg, which is at least something.

Nice hunts. Tell your friend I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I just prefer not to carry people, and if he was trying to be humorous about it, it didn't come off that way.

he's "heavy's sandvich" on here. He's just a troll.

That last hunt was so awful. Haven't played switch axe in a while and I managed to forget whetstones cause I was so used to gunner lol...

Appreciate the help, regardless.

Wanderer5

What do you hope isn't apex? :p

-Alternis

I know there at least a Apex Rajang and Deviljho , which I sure will just be lovely! How about Brachydios, and Gravios lol? Apex Teostra would be quite horrifying also, but hopefully they didn't give it to elder dragons overall!:p

jorgejjvr

I know there at least a Apex Rajang and Deviljho , which I sure will just be lovely! How about Brachydios, and Gravios lol? Apex Teostra would be quite horrifying also, but hopefully they didn't give it to elder dragons overall!:p

There's Apex gravios, tidal Najarala, zinogre, and tigrex And yeah, Deviljho, Rajang, diablos, and Steve.

-Alternis

Shengar

Well then....XD

And Steve? As in Seregios? Where did that nickname come from, along with George for Gog and Stephenson for Shagaru Magala lol.
Steve and George originated from Capcom community manager in their forun. Personally I used Michael Bay for Shagaru because obvious reason.

Top Bottom