• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

NSESN

Hunted 5 G rank Black Gravios, no Palliums.
6th hunt i get a Pallium from the tail, 1 minute later everyone disconnects.
I decided to let B.gravios triple cart me, but i hate when something like this happens.

Please tell me you know how Blast (the element Brachy uses against you) works. Pls. If not, I'll explain.

-Alternis
Well I understand how it works, avoid the slime, don't get blighted and yeah. My problem isn't his attacks, it's just how long it takes me to get him down. Taking more than 20mins is annoying when I need to grind parts multiple times. Maybe I just need a few more runs to get used to him, but this first one solo took too long for my liking lol.

jorgejjvr

Well I understand how it works, avoid the slime, don't get blighted and yeah. My problem isn't his attacks, it's just how long it takes me to get him down. Taking more than 20mins is annoying when I need to grind parts multiple times. Maybe I just need a few more runs to get used to him, but this first one solo took too long for my liking lol.

Assistance needed?

-Alternis

Shengar

Brachy isn't damage sponge. That award goes to Gogmazios, Chameleos, Gravios, and Deviljho. Brachy actually have standard health and can be taken down under 10 minutes. Only if you can hit it and not busy avoiding slime puddle and repositioning yourself over and over due to how agile it is. Brachy is annoying in that way.

jorgejjvr

Brachy isn't damage sponge. That award goes to Gogmazios, Chameleos, Gravios, and Deviljho. Brachy actually have standard health and can be taken down under 10 minutes. Only if you can hit it and not busy avoiding slime puddle and repositioning yourself over and over due to how agile it is. Brachy is annoying in that way.

So is 140 Stygian Zinogre.

-Alternis

Wanderer5

Two more large elder dragon gem obtained in one hunt heh heh.

Meanwhile think I want to check out either the Molten Tigrex or Teostra Hunting Horn, but I need to get a worn horn for the Teostra one.:x

Edit: And blam got a worn horn. Glad that only took a couple harvest runs.

deim0s

I joined a random's room to farm some gems for honing and it went like this:

Code:
Me: You guys have no wystones?
HunterBro: We don't need stones for Apex!
HunterBro2: We're hardcore as ****! blah blah. Wystones are for noobs.
Me: Whatever...
HunterBro: Let's do this!

So the Diablos event quest starts smoothly then went Apex. All three are bouncing all over and running like chickens. They kept wailing on the head and wings thus bouncing and hilariously getting run over.

Eventually it was down.

Code:
HunterBro2: deim0s, your weapon doesn't bounce, minds eye?
Me: LOL! no.

Then I left.

Kater

Banned
Two more large elder dragon gem obtained in one hunt heh heh.

Meanwhile think I want to check out either the Molten Tigrex or Teostra Hunting Horn, but I need to get a worn horn for the Teostra one.:x
Farm the ores on Heaven's Mount, I get at least one Worn weapon every time I go on a mining tour there.

I joined a random's room to farm some gems for honing and it went like this:

Code:
Me: You guys have no wystones?
HunterBro: We don't need stones for Apex!
HunterBro2: We're hardcore as ****! blah blah. Wystones are for noobs.
Me: Whatever...
HunterBro: Let's do this!
So the Diablos event quest starts smoothly then went Apex. All three are bouncing all over and running like chickens. They kept wailing on the head and wings thus bouncing and hilariously getting run over.

Eventually it was down.

Code:
HunterBro2: deim0s, your weapon doesn't bounce, minds eye?
Me: LOL! no.
Then I left.
*facepalms* I've lost my patience with people like that. I'd throw them out pretty quickly if they said stuff like that, even before the hunt.

Wanderer5

Farm the ores on Heaven's Mount, I get at least one Worn weapon every time I go on a mining tour there.

*facepalms* I've lost my patience with people like that. I'd throw them out pretty quickly if they said stuff like that, even before the hunt.

Yeah that where I went and ended up getting it a couple runs in.

Elija2

I was just in a room with 3 other people taking on an Apex Zinogre and I guess one of them ate and got Unlucky Cat because as soon as the quest started they had low health. I assumed they did it on purpose to try and get Lucky Cat and they were gonna heal themselves up, but nope, they ran head-first towards the Zinogre and died immediately. Literally 10 seconds into the quest. They didn't even start in the same area as the Zinogre so they totally could have healed up safely. How the hell did they not notice that they had low health, and if they did notice then why the hell didn't they heal up?!?

Man, I just haven't had any luck today. Every room I joined people either disconnected midway through the quest or we ended up triple-carting. I guess I'll try my luck again tomorrow.

I was just in a room with 3 other people taking on an Apex Zinogre and I guess one of them ate and got Unlucky Cat because as soon as the quest started they had low health. I assumed they did it on purpose to try and get Lucky Cat and they were gonna heal themselves up, but nope, they ran head-first towards the Zinogre and died immediately. Literally 10 seconds into the quest. They didn't even start in the same area as the Zinogre so they totally could have healed up safely. How the hell did they not notice that they had low health, and if they did notice then why the hell didn't they heal up?!?

Man, I just haven't had any luck today. Every room I joined people either disconnected midway through the quest or we ended up triple-carting. I guess I'll try my luck again tomorrow.

there's a skill that buffs you when at low health. I believe it's used in speedruns. perhaps thats it.

If you're still on I can help with a zin

jorgejjvr

Clearly lol.
monoblos is so unfun. I don't know how anyone could play test this and think "oh yeah, this is good".

I don't have much problem with him or his white version. Then again, I don't really experience difficulty with monsters since they're usually on the ground from my mounts, but I imagine attacking the legs give a similar effect.

-Alternis

I don't have much problem with him or his white version. Then again, I don't really experience difficulty with monsters since they're usually on the ground from my mounts, but I imagine attacking the legs give a similar effect.

-Alternis

I think part of the issue is hammer isn't the best matchup. The tail sweep is so massive that I can't get off many attacks, and not having tremor res made it just that much more tedious. I didn't enjoy it much with chargeblade either, but it wasn't this bad.

jorgejjvr

I think part of the issue is hammer isn't the best matchup. The tail sweep is so massive that I can't get off many attacks, and not having tremor res made it just that much more tedious. I didn't enjoy it much with chargeblade either, but it wasn't this bad.

Hammer can't block and admittedly he's quite speedy.

-Alternis

Just made the Akantor Severance charge blade. Didn't take long at all. 2 Akantors and I already had 1 Akantor Gem and 2 Conquest Spheres (all from the second Akantor, and the charge blade doesn't even need Conquest Spheres!).

Should I focus on attack or affinity? I've read conflicting comments about this. And how useful is Artillery Novice on this one?

jorgejjvr

Just made the Akantor Severance charge blade. Didn't take long at all. 2 Akantors and I already had 1 Akantor Gem and 2 Conquest Spheres (all from the second Akantor, and the charge blade doesn't even need Conquest Spheres!).

Should I focus on attack or affinity? I've read conflicting comments about this. And how useful is Artillery Novice on this one?

Impact type charge blade phials depend entirely on raw damage, so artillery and attack up will be huge.

-Alternis

he's "heavy's sandvich" on here. He's just a troll.

That last hunt was so awful. Haven't played switch axe in a while and I managed to forget whetstones cause I was so used to gunner lol...

Appreciate the help, regardless.

I wasn't attempting to stuff your hunt up at all, was trying to get involved and be useful.

Wasn't being trolly, as soon as I died the second time, I knew I wasn't of use so vacated as soon as I can.

Impact type charge blade phials depend entirely on raw damage, so artillery and attack up will be huge.

-Alternis
I looked up a setup on Athena's Armor Set Search that gives

AUXL
Artillery Novice
Mind's Eye
Razor Sharp

Anything better? My honed blade options are very limited. This seems to be the best I can do short of White Fatalis armor.

Kater

Banned
I farmed Dundorma Tuna for the Slickaxes to trade them for Earth Crystals (I needed 99 for the God's Island upgrade... yeah).

Wolfe

I just use the basarios mining bug, farming up hundreds of earth crystals takes forever so I'm willing to exploit a small bug in the game like that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I need to reset the level of my G-rank kirin quest... Trading it to someone and then having them trade it back doesn't seem to be working (the pub said he sent it but I never got a pop up). Is this even possible? I've leveled mine up to where I need a G-crown to post it. I just want to go back to farming the regular G-rank ones...

NSESN

Please, Ukanlos, stop swimming in my face.

I farmed Dundorma Tuna for the Slickaxes to trade them for Earth Crystals (I needed 99 for the God's Island upgrade... yeah).
I have some dudorma tunas, but i always forget to trade.

I just use the basarios mining bug, farming up hundreds of earth crystals takes forever so I'm willing to exploit a small bug in the game like that.

I think i'll try this later.

Wolfe

I need to reset the level of my G-rank kirin quest... Trading it to someone and then having them trade it back doesn't seem to be working (the pub said he sent it but I never got a pop up). Is this even possible? I've leveled mine up to where I need a G-crown to post it. I just want to go back to farming the regular G-rank ones...

I can send you one of the level 116 ones this time.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can send you one of the level 116 ones this time.

I think that's the one I have been using. Are you able to have 2 copies of the same quest, one in active rotation and one in the overall list? When I traded that same quest to someone and had them try to send it back to me it didn't work.

Kater

Banned
I completely forgot about this. I think I saw someone do it in a LP video once months ago. That would probably be the easiest (and also cheapest way) to do it. But eh, mining is boring so I am okay with cheating on that. :p

Wolfe

I think that's the one I have been using. Are you able to have 2 copies of the same quest, one in active rotation and one in the overall list? When I traded that same quest to someone and had them try to send it back to me it didn't work.

Naw I've got multiples, all level 116.

Top Bottom