• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Dommel

This fucking game, really. I need 6 pearl hide for an armor set.

I've literally killed that Khezu asshole 11 times, capped twice and still only have 5.

I've never been so close to actually throw my 3ds against the wall. Rage inducing and frustrating as hell.

And yet, i can't wait to continue the farming tomorrow because i will rip this pearly hide from its dead body any day now!

That's all, needed to vent.

jorgejjvr

This fucking game, really. I need 6 pearl hide for an armor set.

I've literally killed that Khezu asshole 11 times, capped twice and still only have 5.

I've never been so close to actually throw my 3ds against the wall. Rage inducing and frustrating as hell.

And yet, i can't wait to continue the farming tomorrow because i will rip this pearly hide from its dead body any day now!

That's all, needed to vent.

Khenzu is a very anti-climatic monster to fight due to no music.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Are remobras the only small monsters that give you different juices depending on what you hit? I've gotten red and white extract from them..

-Alternis

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does monoblos not exist in multiplayer? I think the game is forcing me to play thru the rest of the single player stuff in order to complete this armor set I want...

ChrisD

I've used White Mono's set from beginning G to beating Gogmazios (FINALLY). Though I am wearing Artian X Leg pieces because I end up with Artillery God using them.

I had to get my brother to fight Gog with me, but it was worth losing the single player kill to have that fight. Cannons, restraints, Dragonators, Demolisher, epic MonHun music... If he was only that tanky on the first fight and then dropped health for later battles, he'd be one of my favorite "epic" fights. Unfortunately, I'm not feeling up to doing it again for a while, and neither is my brother. He just takes so long to killlllll.

Fighting rathian with hammer is the most fun I've had in this game in ages. Just did that HR8 double rathian quest and completely destroyed both of them. So awesome.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It isn't that hard of a fight and the armor set is worth it.

Not worried about the fight, I just need to do like half dozen quests to get to it.

I haven't even looked into the blos set at all, I just need his horn drops to finish the kirin set for now. Kind of a bummer they force you to do the single player stuff to finish that, but I've been putting it off too long anyways.

Wolfe

Fighting rathian with hammer is the most fun I've had in this game in ages. Just did that HR8 double rathian quest and completely destroyed both of them. So awesome.

No joke after playing through 90% of 3U with the hammer I've barely used it in 4U compared to how much I've used the CB. Yet regardless of that one of my favorite hunt memories in 4U is just a plain old G rank regular Rathian, and I was using the hammer at the time. Such a fun weapon to use against her.

No joke after playing through 90% of 3U with the hammer I've barely used it in 4U compared to how much I've used the CB. Yet regardless of that one of my favorite hunt memories in 4U is just a plain old G rank regular Rathian, and I was using the hammer at the time. Such a fun weapon to use against her.

Such an awesome feeling to stun/trip/flinch a monster over and over. Not to mention the option of using traps to make it even more ridiculous.

Wolfe

Anyone down for white Fata I'm looking to make his long sword need 2 more eyes

I'm down if you're still looking, got a room up?

Such an awesome feeling to stun/trip/flinch a monster over and over. Not to mention the option of using traps to make it even more ridiculous.

Yeah and with her I always feel like I can easily land the most satisfying head shots and knock outs, always a blast.

so to get the Craftsman's Specs, do you have to do those arenas solo? I've not really investigated the arena quests so I'm ignorant to the whole system.

Renewed

Picked up the bow and have no idea what I'm doing lol. Using the fully upgraded Hero's Bow and a set with Fleet Feet, Normal Up, Crit Status and Challenger +2 (like I said no idea what I'm doing).

What are some necessary skills-- heck what are some necessary things to know when playing bow?

Picked up the bow and have no idea what I'm doing lol. Using the fully upgraded Hero's Bow and a set with Fleet Feet, Normal Up, Crit Status and Challenger +2 (like I said no idea what I'm doing).

What are some necessary skills-- heck what are some necessary things to know when playing bow?

It's actually not a bad concept, it's just that with only 15% affinity and no boosts other than Challenger, you can't really use CritStatus effectively. You'd probably want to go all-out on boosting affinity and just accept that you're sacrificing your own damage to boost your teammates.

Beyond the common damage boosting skills (Rapid/Pierce/Spread Up, Attack Up, Challenger, etc.), the most important skill is Focus, which decreases the time required to charge your bow.

The main tricks to the Bow are positioning and stamina management. You don't want to get caught with no stamina to roll away after you've loosed the arrow. You can be about 1.5 to 2 rolls away from the monster and still be at critical distance, and a bit further away if you're using a Pierce bow. I prefer to use control type 2, which uses the R button to charge the bow and the X button to toggle the aiming line. I have an N3DS, so I can use the C-stick to fine-tune my aim, but if you don't, you can usually just hit the L button to center the camera on the monster and you'll hit most of the time.

It'd be really nice if seregios wouldn't ruin my fantastic rathian hunt.

That said, anyone want to do some gathering hall progression? would like to get to G rank sometime soon. Currently HR6. I'll be ready after I beat up this thieving seregios.
Totally unrelated, but which of the Dahren Moron weapons are actually decent? Most of them seem pretty poor unless you really need water elemental damage, but all of the skins are fantastic.

A friend I played hundreds of hours of MHFU with finally picked up a 3DS and MH4U. Man I wish there was voice chat in the game now, trying to explain the nuances of 4U over the text chat is tedious. Also having to have the "don't attack a monster while its mounted" talk was one that happened very early on.

Kater

Banned
Totally unrelated, but which of the Dahren Moron weapons are actually decent? Most of them seem pretty poor unless you really need water elemental damage, but all of the skins are fantastic.
I use his Hammer when fighting Monsters like Tetsu and Gravios. Has a lot of Elemental Dmg and some nice extra defense.

Wanderer5

Just came up for preorder. 15,100 JPY is still quite a bit through heh, but he pretty nice looking. Rather check out the plushies for some MH fix figures/collectible wise.

FIGURE-013155.jpg

tuffy

I'm not really sold on spending ¥15k for that armor design. Seems like the coolest looking hunters show up in garage kits, which are way outside of my figure assembly talent level.

jorgejjvr

The armor is coming back in MHX.

That's weird, I wonder why. That was a collaboration armor, and frankly it wasn't that great. That's like saying the Uniqlo armor or Link armor is returning too. I've always thought of such armors to be for one generation (via DLC) only.

-Alternis

tuffy

That's weird, I wonder why. That was a collaboration armor, and frankly it wasn't that great. That's like saying the Uniqlo armor or Link armor is returning too. I've always thought of such armors to be for one generation (via DLC) only.
At least Uniqlo has a lot of Evade Dist points per piece. It's actually not a bad high rank HBG set! Without needing an easy source of Zenith Gems, it's hard to see much use for the Rage set unless its skills get re-done.

Top Bottom