• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wolfe

Lol yeah I made the helmet (with intent to mix a set around it but never got around to it) and never really got the desire to make the rest lol. Not big on the design and the skill set is nothing great. I'll prolly finish it off eventually for the hell of it but it does seem like an odd armor to single out and bring over to the next game.

Edit: the palico armor that came with it is rad looking though, I think I would have much preferred a hunter armor in that vein myself (as in old school FF style design).

I have been having a lot of success with hunting online this last week. Just last night I shot up from HR5 to HR7. I crafted a Grav U armor set so I could get to 500 Def. My guy had been sitting on the final missions of VQ9 for a while. I’ve checked off all the others except for VQ6. Got to have my first go with a Ragang (I think that’s how it’s spelled). That thing is spiteful! All my hunting had left me really low on supplies so I ended up using an EZ electro trap to cap him. Now I’m in the middle of a Stygian Zingore fight and I had completely forgotten my steaks! After I win this I’m going to restock all my supplies.

Wolfe

Yeah Rajang is a pos, don't care how little health he has :p

I've got a room up for a bit if anyone is interested in playing:

21-4878-3462-8356

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The quest prerequisites on kiranico don't seem to be completely accurate. Trying to unlock this damn monoblos quest and keep getting derailed when the quests I was supposed to unlock don't unlock.

jorgejjvr

Hmm, I checked the wikia too and it has the same information. "Notes: Must complete 10★ Caravan Quest "Terrible Tyrant" to unlock." Maybe I'm missing an NPC I need to talk to or something.

Okay, after you hunt the Apex Seregios in Caravan, you must then do a quest called "Kushala Kushowdown", after that comes "Advanced: Prickly Pair", and then there's Terrible Tyrant.

-Alternis
Even after Terrible Tyrant, you need to complete a quest called "Striking Gold", then complete "Beyond The Pale" to get White Monoblos.

If it's the regular 8* Monoblos, then you get him by completing "Take a Powederstone", "Hide and Freak", and "The Hero and The captain's trap"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Okay, after you hunt the Apex Seregios in Caravan, you must then do a quest called "Kushala Kushowdown", after that comes "Advanced: Prickly Pair", and then there's Terrible Tyrant.

-Alternis
Even after Terrible Tyrant, you need to complete a quest called "Striking Gold", then complete "Beyond The Pale" to get White Monoblos.

If it's the regular 8* Monoblos, then you get him by completing "Take a Powederstone", "Hide and Freak", and "The Hero and The captain's trap"

How did you get that information? I have "Striking Gold" available so I'll do that next, but I don't see anywhere on either info site that that's a requirement for Bad Hair Day; Brachy...

ed: another question, does this game cap your money at 999,999z? I'm getting close to a million and I got nothing to spend it on until I unlock some of these monsters. I need a new IG to level up, those take a lot of money...

jorgejjvr

How did you get that information? I have "Striking Gold" available so I'll do that next, but I don't see anywhere on either info site that that's a requirement for Bad Hair Day; Brachy...

ed: another question, does this game cap your money at 999,999z? I'm getting close to a million and I got nothing to spend it on until I unlock some of these monsters. I need a new IG to level up, those take a lot of money...

I got my info from Kiranico, I found the White Monoblos quest called "The Silvery Spear" and I went down from there.

If you want to unlock any of the Bad Hair Day quests, you need to talk to a Felyne with an amazingly sick Afro that rummages through your item box and promptly leaves if you don't speak to him quick enough. You know he's there since there's obviously a cat rummaging through your item box and he has a musical theme. I don't know what unlocks him/prompts him to spawn. I haven't checked if he's there every time I go to my house so I'm not sure if it's just a single thing you have to do for him to always be there or if he spawns randomly after completing something. The final quest from his line is against a G rank Golden/Furious Rajang and it will allow you to change your hair to a huge and funky Afro.

-Alternis
I think it caps at 999,999,999 zenny.
It seems the funky Felyne spawns after beating terrible tyrant.
Keep in mind at this point some Caravan quests may be G rank (the few that are 10* are weak monsters like Desert Seltas and Ash Kecha Wacha, while the Stronger ones are all advanced 10* urgent quests). Therefore, it's best to be at least G crown to make sure you have the G rank prerequisites unlocked too. I don't think you can do offline G rank Gold Rajang without being G crown.

LiQuid!

Ooook, I was missing talking to afrocat. I did not expect to find a quest giver in my house after dozens of hours playing this game. That's weird. Oh well, I'm on the right path now.

LiQuid!

I'm being pulled in a lot of different directions based on the specific items I want, which is kind of bad cause I'm ADHD (probably). I have a bunch of half finished weapons in my box I want to upgrade but I need to go farm a bunch of nonsense to do so. I'm trying to finish this armor set so I can finally use the kirin IG I spent so much time upgrading (the 2 armor sets I have right now are bad for it since they both have redundant skills) but I'm stalled on having to do a bunch of single player stuff just to unlock the fight I need. I still have yet to even try most of the weapon types in this game on actual hunts, but I feel like upgrading one to rare 9 or 10 and then making sure one of my armor sets is a good match for it skill-wise is kind of a large undertaking.

Still having a lot of fun with the sheer act of fighting monsters tho (not as much in single player, but that's expected), so it's not a chore to do any of this stuff that I want to do, it's just easy to get off track and start doing something else. This is the perfect game (and perfect console) for that tho. I pick my 3DS up like 10 times a day and just do a quest quick and put it back down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey, if anyone is on and looking for something to do I'm looking to do Gogmazios and finally exit G3.

Room ID: 47-2060-9883-0834

Renewed

Ahah, randoms keep dying to S.Dally beam. For those times when you think it'll be quicker getting parts by going online.

I tested putting Critical Eye +2 to go along with my CritStatus bow. Now I just need to nail the pattern for movement and getting shots out.

jorgejjvr

I'm being pulled in a lot of different directions based on the specific items I want, which is kind of bad cause I'm ADHD (probably). I have a bunch of half finished weapons in my box I want to upgrade but I need to go farm a bunch of nonsense to do so. I'm trying to finish this armor set so I can finally use the kirin IG I spent so much time upgrading (the 2 armor sets I have right now are bad for it since they both have redundant skills) but I'm stalled on having to do a bunch of single player stuff just to unlock the fight I need. I still have yet to even try most of the weapon types in this game on actual hunts, but I feel like upgrading one to rare 9 or 10 and then making sure one of my armor sets is a good match for it skill-wise is kind of a large undertaking.

Still having a lot of fun with the sheer act of fighting monsters tho (not as much in single player, but that's expected), so it's not a chore to do any of this stuff that I want to do, it's just easy to get off track and start doing something else. This is the perfect game (and perfect console) for that tho. I pick my 3DS up like 10 times a day and just do a quest quick and put it back down.

I can help if you'd allow me, at least anything online. Honestly, at G3 you're able to join the event quest for the arguably best IG armor, the one I so often use.

It has +5 on all resistances, so you take 5% less damage from all elements.

It comes with:
Rodeo God
Challenger +2
Steady Hand (Mind's Eye and Razor Sharp).
and 4 points in Handicraft.

It has 11 Slots!
They appear like this:
OOO
O
OOO
O
OOO

YEAH!

With my handicraft +6 OOO charm, I can gem HG earplugs (+16, one left over from four hearing +4 three slot charms) with two single slots left over and still have Sharpness +2! With a three slotted weapon, I can gem in Speed Sharpening! It's marvelous! You can do whatever you want with it!

What do you say, interested in Star Knight for IG?

-Alternis
I may join Gog Room

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks for the help to whoever came, we fucking killed it. Seriously, that was the best Gog kill I've ever been a part of.

LiQuid!

People who join a hall, accept a quest, attend the quest, and then sit AFK and collect rewards after 3 of us do the work... Holy shit what can I do to these people?

Wolfe

I don't know if there is an actual hard cap on the amount of zenny you can amass but the visible counter maxes out at 9,999,999. I've gone over and had it not reduce the counter until after spending how much above the visible limit I was.

Tom_Cody

Just came up for preorder. 15,100 JPY is still quite a bit through heh, but he pretty nice looking. Rather check out the plushies for some MH fix figures/collectible wise.

FIGURE-013155.jpg
That's pretty sweet.

jorgejjvr

People who join a hall, accept a quest, attend the quest, and then sit AFK and collect rewards after 3 of us do the work... Holy shit what can I do to these people?

What he said. Have a "WE HAVE A LEECHER" shoutout, then a "Let's all abandon!" And finally a "he doesn't deserve rewards!"

That's if he does this without warning and doesn't mention it. Sometimes in a quest something in real life happens and that's why I have the "Brb really quick" shoutout.

-Alternis

The Star Knight armor is way too overpowered! Is there no set of armor that can match it? It was so easy to make and it seems better than the White Fatalis armor, whenever that one decides to show up on this side of the ocean.

The only thing that bothers me about it is the sexist design disparity between the male and female versions, but at least it isn't quite as bad as some other sets *cough*Rebellion*cough*. I'm using a male character but it still bugs me.

LiQuid!

I hate this feeling when I'm putting a set together and I have so many free slots but practically nothing I can put into them to have any useful function. I really need to look into talisman farming. I think that'd really help fill in some skill gaps if I could get sharpness +1 or HG plugs onto any set I wanted but I just don't have the charms for it currently.

Anyways, it took so much grinding thru the single player quests (to get to G-rank monoblos) and leveling my own blue yian kut ku guild quest up from like level 50 to 86 to get all the pieces I needed, but I finally finished the kirin armor set. All that work for kind of an underwhelming set, but at least it looks nice. It goes nicely with the artifact hunting horn I found randomly in my loot chest and decided to polish and try out (since it has Free Element on it).

So HH is actually a lot more straightforward than I thought it was going to be. Playing songs in the heat of battle is not as complicated as I thought it was going to be and the weapon itself kind of plays like a more basic switch axe where it's kind of slow but you can evade cancel out of every move. Unlike the SA tho it doesn't have a good way to just wail on downed/stationary enemies, but I think the added damage from giving attack up L to an entire team probably makes up for that. I practically never see these used in my halls but I love having the buffs, so I guess I've just gotta do it myself for a while to spread the love.

Anyone up to farming Tetsu or Lagombi or Cephadrome? Not having good luck with randoms.

Unrelated, the gypceros SnS is as fantastic as I was hoping. I really like the weapon, too. Simple on the surface but there's lots of depth to the combos. The ability to use items while in battle stance is pretty fantastic. Gonna design an explosive trapper set with this.

Top Bottom