• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

I'll tackle this piece-meal.
I'm glad you're having fun and enjoying the SnS! Not many people use it, and it is definitely not just a beginner weapon! I'll admit the item usage allows it to be capable of things the IG can't do XP

Try to get the Speed Set Up skill if you can, it lets you plant bombs and traps INSANELY quickly!
I'm looking into the explosive trapper skill, which combines gives traps and bombs that much more kick, both in usability (due to faster set speeds) and damage (due to higher bomb damage). It's super good. Gotta mash out some arena though.
I'll admit, the SnS can land some crazy mounts, but trust me, you have to feel the IG's capacity. I can jump into the air from anywhere and anytime, and can mount most monsters with a single jump (with Rodeo God), and others sometimes take more. The crazy thing is though, when in the air, if I have red juice, I attack twice, allowing me to hit a monster's back twice as fast as other weapons. All it usually takes is one jump for the first mount.
Usually, you'll attack twitch with both of the SnS X+A ledge attacks. If you're going up a ledge, you'll attack on your way up, and then again on the way down. Likewise, if you're going down a ramp, you'll attack horizontally and then vertically when falling. I think the mounting power is very comparable when in an environment that the SnS can use (that is to say, it has lots of ledges). That said, I think while the IG excels at raw number of mounts (especially in areas that are relatively flat), the SnS allows for greater lock down potential. As you said yourself, the SnS's ability to place items while having your weapon drawn gives you a lot of utility. You can trap and stylish bomb impeccably (comparable to LBG, though not as good with status), and the ability to pop lifepowders a few seconds faster than any other weapon can not be overstated. Which leads to your next comment...
Personally, I find the IG does a lot more DPS than the SnS (though the SnS has valuable item usage), possibly even outclassing dual blades for DPS once you obtain every juice (even more so with Challenger +2).
You absolutely do more DPS with IG than you would with SnS, assuming comparable weapon choices. SnS might actually slightly edge out the IG in some scenarios due to the faster hits/time but it isn't significant and IG should win out typically. But as I said, the SnS isn't designed to be doing crazy DPS.
The red juice massively increases attack, attack speed, combo length, and makes one hit count as two. You get more attack if you have red and white and even more so if you have all three. You usually get red from the head.

The white juice makes you jump super high, and gives you the highest walking speed in the game (tied with Hunting Horn with movement up), and also acts as a catalyst, boosting the effects of the other juices. You usually get white from limbs like legs and wings.

Orange juice increases your defense. You get more so if you have white and orange and even more with all three (to the point I get 68 more points in defense with all three juices). It also gives you low grade earplugs and a smile at affect to the Rock Steady skill if you have all three juices. You usually get orange from backs.

Plus you can get green juice to heal yourself. You get them from tails.
IG definitely has a lot of depth and variety of playstyle, but I don't think the juices really impact the comparison in a big way. Where IG has juice and the perks it brings, SnS has a block, higher attack speed, a built in evade, 2 strong mounting options, the item usage ability, and comparable build flexibility.
Regarding the permanent poison, the Chameleos IG, the Hazy Caster, has tons of attack and has 480 points in poison. It is the weapon most people go to when ensuring a monster is always posioned due to the incredibly fast attacks and damage. Plus, a mount means you can add a status easier.
Yup, it's pretty comparable. The gypceros SnS is at 580 poison so it's definitely going to be better at keeping things poisoned, but then you realize it has pretty garbage raw and sharpness. It's a low/high rank weapon through-and-through, though the Rathian SnS comes in with 290 raw (!) and 310 poison, so that's more comparable.

jorgejjvr

I'll tackle this piece-meal.

I'm looking into the explosive trapper skill, which combines gives traps and bombs that much more kick, both in usability (due to faster set speeds) and damage (due to higher bomb damage). It's super good. Gotta mash out some arena though.

Usually, you'll attack twitch with both of the SnS X+A ledge attacks. If you're going up a ledge, you'll attack on your way up, and then again on the way down. Likewise, if you're going down a ramp, you'll attack horizontally and then vertically when falling. I think the mounting power is very comparable when in an environment that the SnS can use (that is to say, it has lots of ledges). That said, I think while the IG excels at raw number of mounts (especially in areas that are relatively flat), the SnS allows for greater lock down potential. As you said yourself, the SnS's ability to place items while having your weapon drawn gives you a lot of utility. You can trap and stylish bomb impeccably (comparable to LBG, though not as good with status), and the ability to pop lifepowders a few seconds faster than any other weapon can not be overstated. Which leads to your next comment...

You absolutely do more DPS with IG than you would with SnS, assuming comparable weapon choices. SnS might actually slightly edge out the IG in some scenarios due to the faster hits/time but it isn't significant and IG should win out typically. But as I said, the SnS isn't designed to be doing crazy DPS.

IG definitely has a lot of depth and variety of playstyle, but I don't think the juices really impact the comparison in a big way. Where IG has juice and the perks it brings, SnS has a block, higher attack speed, a built in evade, 2 strong mounting options, the item usage ability, and comparable build flexibility.

Yup, it's pretty comparable. The gypceros SnS is at 580 poison so it's definitely going to be better at keeping things poisoned, but then you realize it has pretty garbage raw and sharpness. It's a low/high rank weapon through-and-through, though the Rathian SnS comes in with 290 raw (!) and 310 poison, so that's more comparable.

290 raw is large? Are you still in high rank? I've seen SnS' with like 400+ damage! :O

Hmm...do you honestly use the block with the SnS that often? It seems it would be preferable to evade, since you take lots of damage and flinch with blocks. You may be right, but simply because you attack faster doesn't always mean you can get more damage out there, though you do have an advantage with elements and status. What do you mean by built in evade? Are you referring to the attack that makes you perform a back hop? Can you even cancel that attack? I mean, both the SnS and IG can evade out of a combo pretty much anytime, and if anything evasion may be better with the IG since the white juice makes the user go at the fastest speed in game, plus with the IG it is actually useful to pole vault into the air, and shoot pheromones when you reach the highest point in the jump in order to evade attacks you may not be able to evade via going left or right, like charges. I'm just curious as to what you mean by built in evade.

Also, don't forget another perk of the IG is the fact that is is a tripping machine (against monsters that is, especially with blast). I feel that it is a great weapon to use in a party in order to leave a monster open to attacks in multiple ways (mounts, trips, statuses, and some bugs can even KO monsters).

-Alternis

290 raw is large? Are you still in high rank? I've seen SnS' with like 400+ damage! :O

Hmm...do you honestly use the block with the SnS that often? It seems it would be preferable to evade, since you take lots of damage and flinch with blocks. You may be right, but simply because you attack faster doesn't always mean you can get more damage out there, though you do have an advantage with elements and status. What do you mean by built in evade? Are you referring to the attack that makes you perform a back hop? Can you even cancel that attack? I mean, both the SnS and IG can evade out of a combo pretty much anytime, and if anything evasion may be better with the IG since the white juice makes the user go at the fastest speed in game, plus with the IG it is actually useful to pole vault into the air, and shoot pheromones when you reach the highest point in the jump in order to evade attacks you may not be able to evade via going left or right, like charges. I'm just curious as to what you mean by built in evade.

Also, don't forget another perk of the IG is the fact that is is a tripping machine (against monsters that is, especially with blast). I feel that it is a great weapon to use in a party in order to leave a monster open to attacks in multiple ways (mounts, trips, statuses, and some bugs can even KO monsters).

-Alternis
400+ is the shown damage. 290 is the true raw. for comparison, the chammy IG is 270.

The block is nice against certain monsters and reduces the need for earplugs, I find. That said, I don't use it nearly as much as I should. it's something i'm working on.

Yeah, I'm talking about the back hop. it doesn't seem all that useful but it has i-frames, and can be used to avoid certain scary attacks (say, tigrex spin or some zinogre AoE effects). You mentioned that the IG has the fastest movespeed in the game, but doesn't that go to the HH?

And yeah, trips are nice, though I am of the mind that there aren't really many weapons that are exceptionally good or bad with trips. CB was relatively good compared to hammer or SnS in my experience, but it's not something so significant that i would deliberately choose CB for that purpose.
Unrelated: Anyone want to take pity on me and crush some cephadrome (and maybe some D. Seltas or S. Nerscylla after)? I have a bit of time to hunt and figure I should get that para SnS

34-9525-5805-8522
Pass: None

Literally no random groups for this either. bummer.

jorgejjvr

400+ is the shown damage. 290 is the true raw. for comparison, the chammy IG is 270.

The block is nice against certain monsters and reduces the need for earplugs, I find. That said, I don't use it nearly as much as I should. it's something i'm working on.

Yeah, I'm talking about the back hop. it doesn't seem all that useful but it has i-frames, and can be used to avoid certain scary attacks (say, tigrex spin or some zinogre AoE effects). You mentioned that the IG has the fastest movespeed in the game, but doesn't that go to the HH?

And yeah, trips are nice, though I am of the mind that there aren't really many weapons that are exceptionally good or bad with trips. CB was relatively good compared to hammer or SnS in my experience, but it's not something so significant that i would deliberately choose CB for that purpose.
Unrelated: Anyone want to take pity on me and crush some cephadrome (and maybe some D. Seltas or S. Nerscylla after)? I have a bit of time to hunt and figure I should get that para SnS

34-9525-5805-8522
Pass: 8888

Unless I'm mistaken, the IG and the HH both have the highest movement speed in the game, they share the title.

Honestly, now that you mention it, I need to start pole vaulting when I see attacks like Tigrex's spin coming my way. Frankly I don't use the air dodge as much as I should.

Ah, but don't be misled! I'm pretty sure that isn't the true raw of the Chamny IG, simply because it is the true raw of what is displayed doesn't mean it is the Actual true raw.

For example, after eating for Attack Up L, acquiring the triple buffs, and having Challenger +2 activated, I have 1227 attack for the Hazy Caster. How much true raw is that? Is it a considerable amount?

-Alternis

tuffy

For example, after eating for Attack Up L, acquiring the triple buffs, and having Challenger +2 activated, I have 1227 attack for the Hazy Caster. How much true raw is that? Is it a considerable amount?
According to Kiranico, the Hazy Caster has a listed attack power of 837 and 270 true raw. 837 / 270 = a 3.1 multiplier. Therefore, 1227 / 3.1 = ~396 true raw which is a decent amount.

By comparison, my Gravios Gigacannon setup with Attack Up (XL) and attack honing has 628 attack power or 418 true raw. But that's mostly for hunting Dah'ren Mohrans or other things that don't move around much.

jorgejjvr

According to Kiranico, the Hazy Caster has a listed attack power of 837 and 270 true raw. 837 / 270 = a 3.1 multiplier. Therefore, 1227 / 3.1 = ~396 true raw which is a decent amount.

By comparison, my Gravios Gigacannon setup with Attack Up (XL) and attack honing has 628 attack power or 418 true raw. But that's mostly for hunting Dah'ren Mohrans or other things that don't move around much.

Ah, that's quite impressive I suppose, considering my Hazy Caster isn't honed for attack.

I've heard talk about the Gravios Gigacannon, what is all the buzz about, if you don't mind me asking?

-Alternis

Unless I'm mistaken, the IG and the HH both have the highest movement speed in the game, they share the title.

Honestly, now that you mention it, I need to start pole vaulting when I see attacks like Tigrex's spin coming my way. Frankly I don't use the air dodge as much as I should.

Ah, but don't be misled! I'm pretty sure that isn't the true raw of the Chamny IG, simply because it is the true raw of what is displayed doesn't mean it is the Actual true raw.

-Alternis
I'd always heard the HH was fastest but maybe you're right. Honestly don't play either so I can't say.

well yeah, if you have a bunch of attack up effects of course you'll have higher raw. but so will any weapons. with the same buffs, a 300 raw weapon should outdps a 250 raw weapon of the same class, if I understand the calcs.

jorgejjvr

I'd always heard the HH was fastest but maybe you're right. Honestly don't play either so I can't say.

well yeah, if you have a bunch of attack up effects of course you'll have higher raw. but so will any weapons. with the same buffs, a 300 raw weapon should outdps a 250 raw weapon of the same class, if I understand the calcs.

Hmm...well, without any extra effects (not even eating for attack), just the triple juices, I calculated the Hazy Caster has ~356 true raw, which I believe is pretty high for any standard weapon to achieve (I may be wrong, I'm not sure what "highly true raw is supposed to be). What do you think? Is the IG one of those weapons you'll eventually try?

-Alternis

tuffy

Ah, that's quite impressive I suppose, considering my Hazy Caster isn't honed for attack.

I've heard talk about the Gravios Gigacannon, what is all the buzz about, if you don't mind me asking?
Pierce shots are the best ammo to use against very large monsters because it damages them across many hitzones. The Gravios Gigacannon not only has 480 attack power to start with - the highest tier in the game without a lot of negative affinity - but it crouch-fires both level 2 and 3 pierce shots. Crouch-firing anchors your hunter in place, but lets you fire 20 of those shots in a row without reloading - which is a lot. Then you can stack attack honing on top of it, and attack up skills, and eating for attack up, and the Pierce Up skill which adds 10% damage to each of those shots, and it adds up!

Here's what that can accomplish against Shah Dalamadur.

co1onel

Now, if you don't mind, allow me to explain my thoughts with a similar response as yours. Keep in mind every weapon is perfectly usable and that no weapon is superior than any other. I do not say what I am going to say to glorify myself or anyone who uses the weapon. Honestly I'm simply quite the fan of the IG and want its strengths to be known. Thank you.

I disagree. Weapons like the Great Sword and Insect Glaive are quite obviously superior to other weapons, and all you have to do is look at some of the top speedrun times to see that. That doesn't mean every weapon isn't usable though. I don't think anyone doubts the power of the IG, seeing as it's the most used weapon in the game. The insect glaive is insanely over powered and I hope they nerf it like crazy in the next game. It reduces the value of weapons like the LS and SnS, and I think in that regard they failed to design a good weapon. The IG's advantages should be that it can mount, and use the bug for various buffs. When you add in the fact that it also can attack really fast, making it do great elemental damage and apply status effects really fast, the fact that it does such large amounts of raw damage, and the fact that it has great mobility, it kinda defeats the purpose.

Sns can pretty much only outdamage the IG in low or high rank, where bombs are much more effective due to the monsters having less health and bombs doing the same amount of damage.

I needed 4 pink fins. First round of cephadromes, I capture 1, break all fins, and get 2 pink fins. 2nd round of cephadromes, I capture 1, break all fins, and get the full 4 that i needed. Typical.
Hmm...well, without any extra effects (not even eating for attack), just the triple juices, I calculated the Hazy Caster has ~356 true raw, which I believe is pretty high for any standard weapon to achieve (I may be wrong, I'm not sure what "highly true raw is supposed to be). What do you think? Is the IG one of those weapons you'll eventually try?

-Alternis
I'll certainly try the IG. just like any other weapon. I just don't find it terribly appealing both aesthetically and from the gameplay I've seen. Not to mention as Colonel says, it's pretty fucking strong and I tend to gravitate towards the fringe weapons.
I disagree. Weapons like the Great Sword and Insect Glaive are quite obviously superior to other weapons, and all you have to do is look at some of the top speedrun times to see that. That doesn't mean every weapon isn't usable though. I don't think anyone doubts the power of the IG, seeing as it's the most used weapon in the game. The insect glaive is insanely over powered and I hope they nerf it like crazy in the next game. It reduces the value of weapons like the LS and SnS, and I think in that regard they failed to design a good weapon. The IG's advantages should be that it can mount, and use the bug for various buffs. When you add in the fact that it also can attack really fast, making it do great elemental damage and apply status effects really fast, the fact that it does such large amounts of raw damage, and the fact that it has great mobility, it kinda defeats the purpose.

Sns can pretty much only outdamage the IG in low or high rank, where bombs are much more effective due to the monsters having less health and bombs doing the same amount of damage.
CB is up there, too. I'm hoping for a nerf to its KO abilities, as it totally outclasses the hammer in that regard while also being faster and having huge damage potential.

And yeah, SnS DPS ain't anything to write home about. Stylish bombing is still pretty passable damage, though. even at G it's decent.

Prototype

Just started a new character (partly because I'm sick of the relic grind) but mostly because it's time for my

RED SONJA CHALLENGE!

Red Sonja Challenge is a playthrough I do in most most games, that's a kind of secondary time through looking for more difficulty. The idea is to create a character as close to Sonja as possible. Little to no armor (bikini mail!) and only using a sword. In Monster Hunter this means SnS.

I don't usually play SnS so it's been interesting so far. I just got to cheeko sands and haven't had any issues yet. I've played a bit of SnS before, but never seriously. For low rank I've been using Jagi armor so far, but once more options open up I'll have to look for something as bikini mail as I can find. I believe the rebellion set looks like it for females but I'm not sure as I always play a male character.

If any of you guys know some female armors that are Red Sonja like that would help me beeline for those sets.

Last time I did this on Skyrim it was super fun. I also liked how people always told me to put clothes on, just like in the old Sonja novels. Haha.

Edit. Also, it'll be nice to see all the female versions of the armors.

Any of you guys do challenge playthroughs?

co1onel

CB is up there, too. I'm hoping for a nerf to its KO abilities, as it totally outclasses the hammer in that regard while also being faster and having huge damage potential.

And yeah, SnS DPS ain't anything to write home about. Stylish bombing is still pretty passable damage, though. even at G it's decent.

Yeah. Ultimately no MH has ever had super well balanced weapons, but it's a co-op game, not a competitive game, so it's best to use whatever you find the most fun. Personally, I think every weapon can be fun to use.

jorgejjvr

Just started a new character (partly because I'm sick of the relic grind) but mostly because it's time for my

RED SONJA CHALLENGE!

Red Sonja Challenge is a playthrough I do in most most games, that's a kind of secondary time through looking for more difficulty. The idea is to create a character as close to Sonja as possible. Little to no armor (bikini mail!) and only using a sword. In Monster Hunter this means SnS.

I don't usually play SnS so it's been interesting so far. I just got to cheeko sands and haven't had any issues yet. I've played a bit of SnS before, but never seriously. For low rank I've been using Jagi armor so far, but once more options open up I'll have to look for something as bikini mail as I can find. I believe the rebellion set looks like it for females but I'm not sure as I always play a male character.

If any of you guys know some female armors that are Red Sonja like that would help me beeline for those sets.

Last time I did this on Skyrim it was super fun. I also liked how people always told me to put clothes on, just like in the old Sonja novels. Haha.

Edit. Also, it'll be nice to see all the female versions of the armors.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk3fv-hmdjM

That's all of the female armor sets in MH4U for low, high, and G rank. Enjoy!

I don't do challenge play thoughs but just normal challenges instead. Like hunting an Apex Rajang/Deviljho with no armor on :p

-Alternis

This is interesting so I'm looking through on Ping's dex. Thus far Kirin seems to be the only one, really. I'll edit this if I find more.

Oh, chakra gear is underwear.

The ace (can't remember what the female version is called, think it has another name) top is pretty underwear-esque as well.

And the obvious Rebellion Z gear. That's probably BIS amazon woman gear.

Prototype

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk3fv-hmdjM

That's all of the female armor sets in MH4U for low, high, and G rank. Enjoy!

I don't do challenge play thoughs but just normal challenges instead. Like hunting an Apex Rajang/Deviljho with no armor on :p

-Alternis
Naked runs are always good fun. Just need to find a group who wants to have fun and isn't super serious business 24/7

This is interesting so I'm looking through on Ping's dex. Thus far Kirin seems to be the only one, really. I'll edit this if I find more.
Oh ya, duh! Kirin! Hahaha.

tuffy

I'd occasionally hear stories on how hard it is to start as a gunner in Monster Hunter, so I specifically did an all-HBG playthrough when starting 4 Ultimate. I went through the whole story using nothing else just to prove it was not only possible, but not all that difficult.

I'd occasionally hear stories on how hard it is to start as a gunner in Monster Hunter, so I specifically did an all-HBG playthrough when starting 4 Ultimate. I went through the whole story using nothing else just to prove it was not only possible, but not all that difficult.

I found gunner started feeling pretty tedious around high rank. not hard, really, just tedious. Hunts took a long time and weren't nearly as satisfying. Low rank is tons of fun, though.

Prototype

I think it's mostly because it's a Zenny drain, and that's why people say it's hard. Having to buy ammo in addition to armor and weapon upgrades. Smart Zenny usage can alleviate most of those issues.
Like buying in bulk during sales.

Shengar

SnS have potential to dish out huge damage as well since we're talking about true attack value, they're not behind other weapon. But the problem SnS faced is it short range. It become difficult to keep up especially against high monster that moved a lot like Deviljho.

Anyway, anybody wants to play?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow so I'm just duking it out with good ol D. Seltas and suddenly there's a G rank rajang. Wtf.

At least Jho didn't bust in and ruin everything. Seriously though, when a hunt is marked as "unstable" it means that a random monster can bust in and start fucking things up. Usually it's Jho and he's horrible.

Anyone have a relatively low level G rank yian garuga quest they can either give me or they want to level up? I need Cortexes and a couple Silverpelts.
Ohp, dinner's up. I'll be back in 30m-1h.

tuffy

I found gunner started feeling pretty tedious around high rank. not hard, really, just tedious. Hunts took a long time and weren't nearly as satisfying. Low rank is tons of fun, though.
I was managing 10-15 minute solo times with rank-appropriate gear, which seemed good enough. But there is a serious power problem in the HBG line with the rarity 5, 6, and 7 guns. Take the normally reliable Rathian gun line, for example. The rarity 5 Queen's Scionfire opens up pretty early in high rank. But the next upgrade, the rarity 8 Empress' Blossom doesn't open up until a few quests into G rank.

I wound up spending a lot of time bouncing between stopgap weapons I knew I'd be throwing away shortly after.
I think it's mostly because it's a Zenny drain, and that's why people say it's hard. Having to buy ammo in addition to armor and weapon upgrades. Smart Zenny usage can alleviate most of those issues.
Like buying in bulk during sales.
Getting ammo for free in the supply box helps a lot in low rank when money's very tight. I could go on quests to hunt small monsters, hoard free ammo, and finish up the quest with my infinity supply of normal lv. 1 shots. By the time ammo starts being provided free, money's a lot easier to come by. And like you say, stocking up in bulk can be a bit help.

Anyone have a relatively low level G rank yian garuga quest they can either give me or they want to level up? I need Cortexes and a couple Silverpelts.
Ohp, dinner's up. I'll be back in 30m-1h.
I have returned. Anyone have that Garuga GQ?
I was managing 10-15 minute solo times with rank-appropriate gear, which seemed good enough. But there is a serious power problem in the HBG line with the rarity 5, 6, and 7 guns. Take the normally reliable Rathian gun line, for example. The rarity 5 Queen's Scionfire opens up pretty early in high rank. But the next upgrade, the rarity 8 Empress' Blossom doesn't open up until a few quests into G rank.

I wound up spending a lot of time bouncing between stopgap weapons I knew I'd be throwing away shortly after.
Yeah, this was my experience. Lots of 3-5 rank weapons in my chest due to that.

You realize there's an event quest with Yian Garuga right? Sadly the arena theme overrides his super epic theme.

-Alternis

yup, that's what I ended up doing. That fight is nasty on G-rank.

I am now just meldspar ores away from my maxed para SnS... but I have no way to get meldspar ore. damn it.

jorgejjvr

yup, that's what I ended up doing. That fight is nasty on G-rank.

I am now just meldspar ores away from my maxed para SnS... but I have no way to get meldspar ore. damn it.

The secret are of the Volcanic Hollow and most of the Volcanic Hollow are good areas for Meldspar ore. The heavenly mounted also sometimes gives you it. Otherwise, hunt G Rank Dah'ren Mohran or Chameleos.

-Alternis

What rank are you? I thought you were already G rank? You could ask for a GAFer to host a quest in those areas or With those monsters :p

-Alternis

I'm G1. I'm not actually sure how to unlock the higher level areas' harvest tours. I certainly don't have them. If someone's free to host a v. hollow tour or 2 for me I'd be very appreciative, though.

jorgejjvr

I'm G1. I'm not actually sure how to unlock the higher level areas' harvest tours. I certainly don't have them. If someone's free to host a v. hollow tour or 2 for me I'd be very appreciative, though.

I would be happy to assist, but sadly I'm getting caught up with schoolwork at the moment. It's why I haven't been on in awhile. My apologies.

-Alternis

I would be happy to assist, but sadly I'm getting caught up with schoolwork at the moment. It's why I haven't been on in awhile. My apologies.

-Alternis

Don't sweat it. Not like I need it right this second.
In fact, I'm gonna head to bed. Perhaps i'll get it tomorrow.

Elija2

Uhh, is it normal to be on an expedition and the monster is nowhere to be seen? I ran back and forth through this place and it didn't show up. Am I blind or can that sometimes happen?

Shengar

Uhh, is it normal to be on an expedition and the monster is nowhere to be seen? I ran back and forth through this place and it didn't show up. Am I blind or can that sometimes happen?

Map layout can fuck you over. Once I chased a Yian Garuga for almost a full 20 minutes because between area 1 and area 3 where Yian Garuga usually went to there is a labyrinth type area. I almost throw my 3DS in a fit of rage not because fighting Garuga but because how the fuck anyone at Capcom thought creating such area is a good idea.

smashism

Just got this. Got my Jaggi armor and some nice weapons. New to MH4 but not MH in general.

Most of the rooms I joined seemed to be full of powerleveling and random event quests. Are most of them like this, or am I just gonna have bad luck finding rooms early on?

Or should I just go back to SP and try to hit a certain point before jumping online?

Top Bottom