• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wanted to upgrade my Ice Element CB but I need a Seltas Queen extract. Drop Rate of 4%. I was like nah, not doing it. I had to do an S Queen fight today. Guess what I got on my first body carve. Yeah.

Wanted to upgrade my Ice Element CB but I need a Seltas Queen extract. Drop Rate of 4%. I was like nah, not doing it. I had to do an S Queen fight today. Guess what I got on my first body carve. Yeah.

4% is actually not that bad. You have to factor in how many carves you get, quest rewards, part breaks, etc.

The really nasty ones are the 1-2% ones from a single part break or from capture. Those ones make you cry.

Gog Damn It

Hello, G Special. Thanks folks :)
Ended up sidetracked and decided upon making this set:
QzqOVpd.png
Using one of the charms I own, as well as no required weapon slots, so it'll work with any weapon. Once I get some better charms I can do a bit more, but for now this seemed to be the best SnS set I could make that suits my playstyle and fashion hunting needs.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have found in my time playing MonHun that I would MUCH rather have to farm for a single 2-3% drop item that drops from multiple sources (shiny, carve, break, etc) than items that have like a 40-60% drop rate but that can only drop a maximum of one time per hunt IF you get the proper break. I'm trying to get 4 high rank rajang tails right now and it's actually the fucking worst. I can't break this stupid tail to save my life for starters and the one time I'm pretty sure I broke it I didn't get a tail drop.

Shengar

I have found in my time playing MonHun that I would MUCH rather have to farm for a single 2-3% drop item that drops from multiple sources (shiny, carve, break, etc) than items that have like a 40-60% drop rate but that can only drop a maximum of one time per hunt IF you get the proper break. I'm trying to get 4 high rank rajang tails right now and it's actually the fucking worst. I can't break this stupid tail to save my life for starters and the one time I'm pretty sure I broke it I didn't get a tail drop.
Strange, I never had any problem getting a rajang tail even though I never ever break it. I think Capcom knows that Rajang's tail is hard to break, which is why they make abundant from quest reward. This is how I get most of my rajang tail from.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Strange, I never had any problem getting a rajang tail even though I never ever break it. I think Capcom knows that Rajang's tail is hard to break, which is why they make abundant from quest reward. This is how I get most of my rajang tail from.

Yeah, I was in someone else's hall so i didn't have a say in which rajang quest we were doing. I'm gonna do the single player quest by myself until I get em. The drop rate still pretty low, but I'll get there eventually.

My friend and I both got hit with pretty hard RNG when we were farming kirin azure peaks for our IGs. They have like an 80% drop rate but we both ended up getting like 3-5 of the 20% high rank drops before we got all we needed. Silliness!

Black doablos horns are required for the cera gs. Killed some black diablos and haven't seen a single one. 88% drop rate. Ugh.

Anyone want to quickly do a couple of quests to unlock wycoon stuff and possibly a kushala afterwards?

All done :)

There should really be a "multi-monster quest" option for advertising a room. Hard to pick an option that tells folks what's up.
just had an AMAZING group for farming khezu cuts. did the hunt a thon, did 4 khezu. Captured every single one and completed the mission within 15 minutes. RANDOMS REDEEMED

LiQuid!

I need to kill G rank rajangs in droves. Help me please.
dac15_tired.gif

KingBroly

Banned
Opening a room to do ADVANCED: Speartip Menace, an HR7 > 8 Urgent Quest with anyone who wants to help me or get it themselves.

EDIT: Trying again
14-9594-8584-4487

LiQuid!

LiQuid!

Rajang just sucks

I'd give you a pep talk, but I gave up on Rajang too.

Yeah, this dude's really gotten me down. I've beaten him a couple times with other people. It's just one of the most involved, difficult and demanding fights I've done in this game, and not in a fun way. I've tried to do the G-rank caravan quest for him a couple times and I just get worked. The cats are actually less than useless, it feels like they're actively trying to sabotage the fight for me. I need to get specific breaks on this guy and multiple times too. I feel like I've actually hit a wall. The few times I actually managed to kill him, it was such a struggle to even HIT him that I wasn't able to get breaks even tho I'm using an axe with partbreaker. Ugh, what a hassle that thing is.

ed: just sat in a group fighting rajang for a few hours. We didn't get a single full horn break. It was a 2x rajang guild quest so they died before I could break the horns with partbreaker. Out of the maybe 10 total we killed, we only got half of the horn break finished maybe 2 times total. I'm so discouraged.

Yeah, this dude's really gotten me down. I've beaten him a couple times with other people. It's just one of the most involved, difficult and demanding fights I've done in this game, and not in a fun way. I've tried to do the G-rank caravan quest for him a couple times and I just get worked. The cats are actually less than useless, it feels like they're actively trying to sabotage the fight for me. I need to get specific breaks on this guy and multiple times too. I feel like I've actually hit a wall. The few times I actually managed to kill him, it was such a struggle to even HIT him that I wasn't able to get breaks even tho I'm using an axe with partbreaker. Ugh, what a hassle that thing is.

ed: just sat in a group fighting rajang for a few hours. We didn't get a single full horn break. It was a 2x rajang guild quest so they died before I could break the horns with partbreaker. Out of the maybe 10 total we killed, we only got half of the horn break finished maybe 2 times total. I'm so discouraged.
I'm free all day today AFAIK, so if you're up to trying again we can take a shot at it. Hopefully with more than just us two.

Perhaps before that, though, I need to do some kushala and chaotic gore for my armor set.
Currently farming some Kecha Wacha for Rodeo jewel mats:

46-6005-1005-5291
No Pass

Fandangox

Rajang is a bit frustrating with Gunlance for me cause if you attack with Gunlance you have to commit to place you attacked for like 4 seconds and Rajang just moves too much.

Its a fun fight still though.

LiQuid!

Sorry Fish had to split for a few, I'll be back on in a little bit I think I'll check and see if your room's still going.

Sorry Fish had to split for a few, I'll be back on in a little bit I think I'll check and see if your room's still going.

don't sweat it. Duty calls. Hopefully by the time you return I'll have my gear and we can do rajang lol
Dear Kushala Daora,
I just want your hardclaws. Please give them to me.
Love, Fish

Dommel

Anyone interested in Super Sonic Sergerios join 26-7663-5112-1627.

Probably need two more runs, after that we can take turns.

Arena is fun. Bow is cool but feels really underwhelming vs apex
Done for a while. Very productive day. Got my armor, got my craftsman's specs, and upgraded some weapons. good shit.

LiQuid!

Can people not join episodic event quests with prerequisites, or is there some other reason they would not want to? Specifically this quest:

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/event/10/bonus-running-with-the-devil

I had to do 2 other quests before it where I had to break some conga/kecha body parts before it unlocked and now I have this posted but I've had 3 people come into the hall, check the quest board then leave. I just wanna kill some easy G-rank Joes. Game is making it difficult.

Thoraxes

Anyone insterested in helping a friend and I get G Rank with an Ukanlos kill? We'll be playing for the next few hours if any are interested.

Thoraxes

lol, that was embarassing! I've fought it so many times before. > . <
Haha, it's all good.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help. We both really appreciate it, and are super happy to be able to do all the G Rank stuff now! You even went twice for both of us.

THANK YOU! :D

Looks like I DCed. I'm just going to call it for tonight. I've played for like 10 hours today (lmao) and it's about bed time. Goodluck with the guild quests.

All finished, thanks for helping us out Zetani. Took a while to get that wartorn dragonsphire. Sorry you had to cover for some of our amateur mistakes lol.

Top Bottom