• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Kater

Banned
I found out earlier that the G-Rank Jho can't be carved and doesn't give rewards besides the Arena coins. Ugh. Didn't know that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy fucking shit I just did the worst guild quest I've ever seen.

Gore Magala. G-rank.

The map of the quest is laid out like this.

Start
Area 1 - Large, open area
Area 2 - one of those windy maze areas
Area 3 - Large, open area

So like, you start the quest and the gore spawns in the 2nd open area, so you have to run thru the huge first area, and the windy maze area, and it is HUGE too, and the path you have to take to get thru it winds an S-shape thru the entire area so it's the longest possible path you can take thru a maze.

So we got to the gore, weakened it enough for it to leave, but since the only other area is can flee to is the first open area, he goes there and you have to run thru the entire fucking maze again. We went back to the first area, and by this time 2 people have abandoned the quest because THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. So we get back to the first area and gore is already gone... back to the THIRD area... So we have to go thru the fucking maze AGAIN. Once back at area 3 me and the other dude left hit the gore literally one time each and it flies away.... Back to area 1. So we have to to thru the maze A G A I N. The fucking thing was finally sleeping when we got to Area 1 and we bombed and killed him but HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT QUEST NEEDS TO BE DELETED AND NEVER RUN AGAIN.

I feel I owe Zet a personal apology. I'll write you a poem.

Zetani's Monster Hunter Experience: A Haiku
Apex Diablos
Fish has a brilliant plan
Sadness comes quickly

Bonus
Whenever fish tries to play gunner
hunt times become somewhat longer
As in they go nowhere
and that's simply not fair
hence relegation to writer

PKrockin

I'm fine with relic weapons and armor, but not so fond of grinding the same quest 16+ times in order to have a chance to get them. Especially when 80% of them are either Rajang or Teostra.

I haven't played monster hunter in a while and I decided to go solo G Black Fatalis and well yeah... I got carted twice and it took all 30 minutes just to get a repel. The rust is real.

And I'm bad so I'll join you, too <3

Unrelated: anyone have the brachydium armor set? Can you let me know what part of the armor is dyed? I'm pretty sure I've picked out my next set to make use of the awesome charm I got the other day, but would like to know how awful it'll look.

For those interested:
bAaJ0St.png

4 slots open + weapon slots. Haven't decided which blast weapons I want to use here. Would be nice to get a slot, and use a weapon with some reach to hit tails/heads/wings/etc. Currently leaning towards LS, CB, SA, or IG. The set will work with any weapon, though, so no biggie.
lol at people on reddit not thinking IG and CB are both super imba

I dropped MH4U when Bloodborne was released, but recently got back to the game to do G-rank stuff and damn, Teostra mkII is a beast; hardest fight of the game yet for me. Playing with randoms that keep dying on me doesn't help either. I will probably need to start crafting more traps and flash bombs really fast.

Wolfe

Unrelated: anyone have the brachydium armor set? Can you let me know what part of the armor is dyed? I'm pretty sure I've picked out my next set to make use of the awesome charm I got the other day, but would like to know how awful it'll look.

When you're looking at the armor while at the vendor the part that changes color is the yellow slime looking parts, not the green or gold.

We can unrust together.

For those interested:

4 slots open + weapon slots. Haven't decided which blast weapons I want to use here. Would be nice to get a slot, and use a weapon with some reach to hit tails/heads/wings/etc. Currently leaning towards LS, CB, SA, or IG. The set will work with any weapon, though, so no biggie.
lol at people on reddit not thinking IG and CB are both super imba
Cool I have rust buddies! And to answer the armor question, it's the yellow parts that get their pigment changed.

Kater

Banned
I dropped MH4U when Bloodborne was released, but recently got back to the game to do G-rank stuff and damn, Teostra mkII is a beast; hardest fight of the game yet for me. Playing with randoms that keep dying on me doesn't help either. I will probably need to start crafting more traps and flash bombs really fast.
Traps do not work on Elder Dragons.That includes Chameleos, Kushala and Shagaru at all. Some other monsters may also be immune or just stay a very short amount in certain traps.

Flash Bombs work on Teostra of course but I don't know if it's advisable to blind him since he will get even more defensive then, leaving less openings.

Traps do not work on Elder Dragons.That includes Chameleos, Kushala and Shagaru at all. Some other monsters may also be immune or just stay a very short amount in certain traps.

Flash Bombs work on Teostra of course but I don't know if it's advisable to blind him since he will get even more defensive then, leaving less openings.

Thanks you for the tip, I've seen it getting paralized and I just assumed (falsely then) that someone trapped him while they were just probably using a para weapon.

Need to thoroughly brief my team before each hunt, then. And check that everyone is able to count to 100 XD

While some big baddies are best managed by hugging their legs (like Gore or chamy), it might be easier to utilize something of a hit-and-run style with teo. Teo has lots of openings, but they're between attacks that typically one or two shot you, so you have to learn to identify them. Respect him and you'll do okay.

I also really like gunning him.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haha load into an apex gravios quest.

Player 2 dies, disconnects from the hall
Player 3 dies, disconnects from the hall
Player 4 dies, I'm left in an empty hall

All in the span of less than 1 minute.

This game sometimes.

Some time this weekend I'm gonna need to convince some folks to slay rajang for a while. Need Divine Ire Obi and EX Borealis Hakama, which is both Rajang parts.
Actually, borealis is ukanlos parts. dunno how I got that mixed up. only really need a heart and the golden horns, then.

Kater

Banned
Thanks you for the tip, I've seen it getting paralized and I just assumed (falsely then) that someone trapped him while they were just probably using a para weapon.

Need to thoroughly brief my team before each hunt, then. And check that everyone is able to count to 100 XD
Np. And yes, the counting to 100 trick is what we did after falling prey to his supernovas way too often. I actually quite like fighting him now though. Nice challenge, really.

Haha load into an apex gravios quest.

Player 2 dies, disconnects from the hall
Player 3 dies, disconnects from the hall
Player 4 dies, I'm left in an empty hall

All in the span of less than 1 minute.

This game sometimes.
They probably fought him for the first time there. ^^

LiQuid!

Just had a guy AFK for a half hour in a quest while I tripped him into danger and got him killed 3 times.

That feeling when 2/4 people quit out of a quest and you stomp it with just 1 other person. And then get the rare drop you'd been looking for. So good.
I can do it later today if needed. I could use some Rajang parts.
Whenever works. I don't have anything going on this weekend and my computer is KIA, so I'm playing monhun all day.

Some time this weekend I'm gonna need to convince some folks to slay rajang for a while. Need Divine Ire Obi and EX Borealis Hakama, which is both Rajang parts.
Actually, borealis is ukanlos parts. dunno how I got that mixed up. only really need a heart and the golden horns, then.

I can do it later today if needed. I could use some Rajang parts.

Whenever works. I don't have anything going on this weekend and my computer is KIA, so I'm playing monhun all day.

I could do it in an hour or so.

LiQuid!

tfw you spend 3 hours farming parts for a set of decorations then after you forge and slot them you realize those decorations get rid of a different vital skill in your set.

Does some tool exists anywhere that let's you punch in how many empty slots you have in your set that will just tell you a list of things you can put in it? I have a ton of slots in this gunner set (OOO, OO, OO, O) and I can't think of anything I can put in there that would make a difference. I wanted trajectory in it so bad, but not at the expense of load up. I'll probably just end up settling for some crit or attack up. Fast charge or trajectory are the two I would want, but they aren't possible. Why can't the stupid seregios bow have just ONE slot in it!

Thats the way you do it. Awesome!

The best part was, right after the quest ended (failed) the dude came back from AFK and had the audacity to ready up for the re-posted quest. I told him he sucked and booted him.

tfw you spend 3 hours farming parts for a set of decorations then after you forge and slot them you realize those decorations get rid of a different vital skill in your set.

Does some tool exists anywhere that let's you punch in how many empty slots you have in your set that will just tell you a list of things you can put in it? I have a ton of slots in this gunner set (OOO, OO, OO, O) and I can't think of anything I can put in there that would make a difference. I wanted trajectory in it so bad, but not at the expense of load up. I'll probably just end up settling for some crit or attack up. Fast charge or trajectory are the two I would want, but they aren't possible. Why can't the stupid seregios bow have just ONE slot in it!

that's enough for 12 points in attack, which is typically very good on gunners. If you have a couple points you could also get tenderizer (weakness exploit is more or less equal to AuL).
What is this gravios event quest tons of people are doing? is it better for farming palliums than temper tantrum?

LiQuid!

that's enough for 12 points in attack, which is typically very good on gunners. If you have a couple points you could also get tenderizer (weakness exploit is more or less equal to AuL).

Looked into tenderizer before and it's not possible. The only spare points this set has in it currently are 3 points in brawn but the only bow I use with it (seregios) can't use exhaust coating.

I'll probably just settle for attack up S.

tuffy

What is this gravios event quest tons of people are doing? is it better for farming palliums than temper tantrum?
The mini Apex Gravios DLC just arrived yesterday. Apex has better odds of a pallium than the regular Gravios in "Temper Tantrum", though I'm not sure if the event's pallium quest rewards odds are better than the ones for "Gravios Situation".

Looked into tenderizer before and it's not possible. The only spare points this set has in it currently are 3 points in brawn but the only bow I use with it (seregios) can't use exhaust coating.

I'll probably just settle for attack up S.

Tremor res might be good. Or one of the other 5 slots.
The mini Apex Gravios DLC just arrived yesterday. Apex has better odds of a pallium than the regular Gravios in "Temper Tantrum", though I'm not sure if the event's pallium quest rewards odds are better than the ones for "Gravios Situation".
Gotya. Don't think it's worth it for me to fight apex.
Mushromancer, maybe? The Dash Juice effect is nice for bows and you can fill in whichever food buff you didn't take.
True. this skill is really nice on bow

Currently farming a Grav Pallium. Once I get it I'll make a room for rajang and pray there are kind, masochistic, gaffers willing to jump in.

Need help farming Gravios?

Nope, just got the pallium. I'll have to go back for another soon enough but for now I'm good :p

ROOM CLOSED - I'll be back in a while to do a couple more rusties and then I'll have my set

Come put some hair on your chest. Or whatever the womanly equivalent is.

Currently 1 slot open as of 18:53 EST

I fought Teostra using the True Fatalis Dyaus honed for attack yesterday. I killed it in 8 minutes, and it was much easier than before. Now I'm planning to farm GQ Teostra for Divine Armor Spheres and Graven Charms. Which expedition monster has the best chance of giving a Teostra quest? I read that Desert Seltas Queen can give Teostra quests. Is Teostra easier than Shagaru Magala in lvl 140 quests?

I think for being as rusty as I am we didn't do to bad at all last night.

Nope, if anyone was playing poorly it was me.

Though to be fair, 5 shot rapid + full rare 9 gunner gear makes for a rather difficult time when fatalis decides he wants you dead.
Crimson's walking attack thing is so bullshit tbh

After the room blew up I ended up finishing my blast-focused set, and making a pierce shot set for the gigacannon, so it was quite productive.

Wolfe

It's that time again, turns room:

11-4934-5001-0728

Good hunts fish :)

Zet/Sassy: gonna take a break for the moment and eat, I'll see if you guys are still around when I get back on later.

LiQuid!

I think I just did the coolest thing I'm ever going to do in MonHun. Getting my ass charged by a kirin, "accidentally" did a backwards flip with my IG, and then "totally not panicking" hit my attack button and managed to him him after he ran underneath me, smacking him in the face and mounting him.

NAILED IT!

I think I just did the coolest thing I'm ever going to do in MonHun. Getting my ass charged by a kirin, "accidentally" did a backwards flip with my IG, and then "totally not panicking" hit my attack button and managed to him him after he ran underneath me, smacking him in the face and mounting him.

NAILED IT!

Nice rofl. Honestly if mounts have added anything wholly positive to the game, it's the awesome factor when you get a sick aerial hit in to a mount. So tasty.

Top Bottom