• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Wolfe

I think I just did the coolest thing I'm ever going to do in MonHun. Getting my ass charged by a kirin, "accidentally" did a backwards flip with my IG, and then "totally not panicking" hit my attack button and managed to him him after he ran underneath me, smacking him in the face and mounting him.

NAILED IT!

Haha right on, unexpected badass moves are my favorite. Things like GP killing blows and knocking monsters out of the air with the delayed explosion from a phial burst always crack me up.

Edit: trying for another turns room, not sure if my net is gonna hold out though, we'll see.

67-8520-1088-9553

Wolfe

Sorry guys my net is not being cooperative at the moment, I'll try to rejoin in a bit later to see if it's any better.

Lol damn, yeah I'm sharing internet right now and the other party is definitely using it as well.

At the very least we whooped on that fatalis XD

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No prob, I just came by to say hi and do a little relax time hunting.

One day I will see my dream realized of hunting with 3 other Links in full Four Swords colored getups.

Sorry guys my net is not being cooperative at the moment, I'll try to rejoin in a bit later to see if it's any better.

Lol damn, yeah I'm sharing internet right now and the other party is definitely using it as well.

At the very least we whooped on that fatalis XD

He deserved every minute of that beating.

No prob, I just came by to say hi and do a little relax time hunting.

One day I will see my dream realized of hunting with 3 other Links in full Four Swords colored getups.

Wait, if you dye the link armor it dyes the green areas? Maybe I should get that armor...

co1onel

I'm seeing a lot more hacked stuff online these days with the new save editor stuff going around. Was pretty rare when powersaves were the only option.

Wolfe

I'm seeing a lot more hacked stuff online these days with the new save editor stuff going around. Was pretty rare when powersaves were the only option.

I haven't been playing with randoms much as of late but I'm not surprised.

Speaking of playing, I'm giving another turns room a try, net seems to be doing better.

34-7678-7782-3783

Edit: ok that's like 10 failed re-entry attempts in a row, I'm gonna sit a few out lol. I'll try again in a bit.

In other words, 1 open spot in the room above!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Stingyan zinogre won't cought up a skyemerald. Killed this asshole like 20 times now and I've only gotten one of the high rank rares off him. Never had this much trouble getting a rare off anything.

ed: complain and get drop on very next hunt. Science has spoken.

Stingyan zinogre won't cought up a skyemerald.

Heh did some Gog grinding yesterday (which was a pain in the ass, randoms kept dying and quitting, ugh) for the GX armour and the Skymerald was the last piece I needed.
I figured I'd do just one S.Zino run before sleeping... cut the tail within the first 2 minutes and carved a Skymerald out of it.
So this game can be nice sometimes!

I just got a 6 Free Element / 13 Expert charm, but it doesn't have slots.

Not sure if I should be happy or angry.

I wish there was a way to snipe charms in MH4U. :(

Shit, the charm I want is Graven only.

HWIxCHN.gif

Wolfe

Yeah charms in 4U is a pain, at least in 3U I could cheat my way onto a decent table (even though I still hated the bug that created that situation and capcoms lack of a fix).

I mean I really enjoy MH but there's at least a little bit too much of the game locked behind RNG.

Edit: man I forgot how fun playing with randoms when trying to do a specific task can be. I think out of 5+ attempts I managed to beat my Brachy/Regios 136+ GQ once :p

Anyone up for a turns room?

Wolfe

Ok here goes, the combo of Brachy and apex Regios is too much for randoms to handle it seems.

40-7078-1771-0707

Wolfe

Let's see if I'm any better at hosting a room from the start:

68-9128-6794-5395

Well after that last d/c I went and ate dinner then came back to finish off the Seregios by myself, fuck that took forever. Then to top it off in the rewards 1 beshackled weap and 5 fucking beshackled armor. Still only ever gotten one CB from this dumb quest, getting ready to delete it and farm a brute Tigrex to level in it's place. Brachy solo is fine, but adding apex regios really kills my ambition to farm this one lol.

LiQuid!

Surprised I hadn't ever thought to just go into random halls with lower level people that look like they're raising their HR and help them out. Noobs seem way more impressed with my tediously farmed gear and mediocre play than people my level!

Wolfe

Man this thread has been dead all day, you know what that means!

01-3014-9293-0486

P.S. where the hell is Glitch, I know he was banned (edit: I checked, he's not banned anymore, guess he just got tired of the game lol). Nevermind Glitch, glad to see you're not on banned status anymore.

Man this thread has been dead all day, you know what that means!

01-3014-9293-0486

P.S. where the hell is Glitch, I know he was banned (or still is?) but it's not like he can't lurk and join still, you hear me Glitch? I'm callin you out! Play this game with us!

Apparently Glitch's ban was requested, so I'm guessing he's trying not to lurk :p

LiQuid!

Your room just explode Wolfe, or is it just me?

LiQuid!

I dunno if it was readily apparently or not during those hunts, but I don't have a lot of experience fighting Apex monsters. The mechanic is such a turn off to me. Also I think maybe I'm not far enough in some single player quest to have access to a 2nd wystone slot.

On top of all that, I've got like single digit hunts with a great sword under my belt, so I'm still not very good at finding openings to attack with it.

tl;dr: excuses, I'm awful, whatever, shit happens

Wolfe

Glad you could make it while you did Col.

No worries liquid, I've got a little over a hundred GS hunts and I still suck with it. My problem is I only ever use it randomly and not that often so I never use it long enough to get the playstyle down.

But hey, as long as you're having fun it's all good :)

Edit: and yeah, I'm not a fan of Apex either. Col makes a good point about the legs usually being non deflecting, aka go fight the new mini apex gravios. Hahahahaha, legs? what legs?!

Beats

hmm, a bigger Seregios is harder to hit with the SnS. I really gotta be precise with my strikes.

I dunno if it was readily apparently or not during those hunts, but I don't have a lot of experience fighting Apex monsters. The mechanic is such a turn off to me. Also I think maybe I'm not far enough in some single player quest to have access to a 2nd wystone slot.

On top of all that, I've got like single digit hunts with a great sword under my belt, so I'm still not very good at finding openings to attack with it.

tl;dr: excuses, I'm awful, whatever, shit happens

I don't really like the mechanic either, but you can kinda get away with not having the 2nd wystone since most apex monsters tend to have spots where your attacks won't deflect.

LiQuid!

While attacking without my wystone active it seemed like I was about 50/50 getting deflected from the apex joe's legs. It seemed like I was bouncing if I charged and landing if I would try to just poke and run, but it could have been random or I could be misremembering, or just targeting poorly. Who knows. I need more practice against apex stuff in general, and probably one at a time too!

Wolfe

The event quest Diablos is good to practice on, no zone changes and he's relatively easy compared to most apex imo. Might be a little rough solo but it's easily doable with even just 2.

co1onel

While attacking without my wystone active it seemed like I was about 50/50 getting deflected from the apex joe's legs. It seemed like I was bouncing if I charged and landing if I would try to just poke and run, but it could have been random or I could be misremembering, or just targeting poorly. Who knows. I need more practice against apex stuff in general, and probably one at a time too!

What weapon were you using? With a long weapon you can easily hit jho's arms or tail on accident.

LiQuid!

Was the stygian great sword, yeah a long one, so it could have just been hitting weird places depending on how close I was.

Pila

Playing solo a lot these days. I decided to level up some cats... because of the award, real talk. ^^

Hanging out with a bombing cat for the very first time... dude sure is funny :/ bombing my face like a boss, usually when the monster is fallen down.

Is there even a point in owning that kind of cats? I wanna feed a Rathalos with that freaking fuzzball. =(

Nuuuu new page I hate it!

tuffy

If you're hunting ranged, bombing cats can be pretty helpful. If you're blademastering, they're sure to be a constant source of frustration by blowing you up at inappropriate times.

Pila

Makes sense, if you're playing a ranged weapon I can see it. I'm playing mostly lance/hunting horns lately and I do not recommend bombing buddies...

P.S. where the hell is Glitch, I know he was banned (edit: I checked, he's not banned anymore, guess he just got tired of the game lol). Nevermind Glitch, glad to see you're not on banned status anymore.

I took a month off of Neogaf, and lately I've been in an area with limited internet, so no hunting for me!

Renewed

Playing with people is an odd experience. Besides the possible lag or weird things (jumped into a downed Gog's mouth and the sound started glitching, or killed Gog but got no Mission Cleared or music), you find them doing things that make you ask yourself "should I set a chat message for that?" Like when they're going for the Demolisher but no one uses it because you assume they don't have Marcoal and they take the cannon elsewhere.

It was funny to see a hammer bro who said he needed a single Battlement and would go in to carve the tail while the Gog was flailing during a mount animation and he almost died from that. All in all we keep doing quests and I wrap up but whenever I ask myself if I want to go online, I start feeling uncomfortable (in a lack of a better way to put it) and just don't bother.

Top Bottom