• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

And keep in mind that points in Edge Lore activate the Steady Hand skill. For maximum confusion, points in SteadyHand (one word) activate the gunner skill Silver Bullet.
And Sharpness points give you Razor Sharp while Handicraft points give you Sharpness+1.

Pila

Two brute tigrex runs, three mantles.

Well game I was looking for just a single one but it's cool thanks ^^ now I'm afraid that desire sensor will balance my karma someday. ( ._.)

I should stop making a lot of sets and focus on upgrading them, I've got terrible defense on everything...

Wolfe

Two brute tigrex runs, three mantles.

Well game I was looking for just a single one but it's cool thanks ^^ now I'm afraid that desire sensor will balance my karma someday. ( ._.)

I should stop making a lot of sets and focus on upgrading them, I've got terrible defense on everything...

The last DaRen I did I got 4 earth dragonsphires :p

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Heh, I'm in the middle of finishing 2 of the 3 weapons I wanted with Dahren parts. I just do a few of those G rank event quest hunts every now and then when I feel like zoning out for an hour but it's still so annoying. The rares (dragonsphires) aren't even the problem, I just needed something like 12 allbraces, and you only get 1-2 of those per run.

tuffy

Heh, I'm in the middle of finishing 2 of the 3 weapons I wanted with Dahren parts. I just do a few of those G rank event quest hunts every now and then when I feel like zoning out for an hour but it's still so annoying. The rares (dragonsphires) aren't even the problem, I just needed something like 12 allbraces, and you only get 1-2 of those per run.
When I needed G rank Dah'ren parts I just did the 10 star Caravan quest. His health is so low I'd often finish him off before using the Dragonator at all. He rides alongside the ship often so it's pretty easy to get both his arms broken before the final showdown.

When I needed G rank Dah'ren parts I just did the 10 star Caravan quest. His health is so low I'd often finish him off before using the Dragonator at all. He rides alongside the ship often so it's pretty easy to get both his arms broken before the final showdown.

Thanks for answering the question I was about to ask. Does he start right up next to the ship during the final showdown like in the event quest?

tuffy

Thanks for answering the question I was about to ask. Does he start right up next to the ship during the final showdown like in the event quest?
Definitely. Though he starts right outside Dragonator range, I can usually drive him back and kill him with a steady barrage of crouched pierce lv. 3 shot.

tuffy

...and that answers my question. you just HBG? Seems like the easiest way to do it.
He's a perfect HBG target because most of the time he's just sitting around so maneuverability isn't important. I just go into crouch-fire, unload all my shots, then roll back into crouch-fire to unload some more. The Gravios Gigacannon is ideal. I'll stick with pierce lv. 2 in the first phase because the Bird Wyvern Fangs to combine for more can be bought in bulk from the Wycoon. I've never needed pierce lv. 3 combines for the second phase so long as I concentrate on shooting him down his mouth where he's especially weak.

Prototype

O think I've fallen in love with Excello Z, all over again.

It has nearly everything I want in a GS set. And I can add crit draw and focus. It's almost like how the Lagiacrus X set is so good right out of the box, except - this has HG ears. Which is huge for me.

I've mostly been running a personal mix that has most of what then Excello Z set has, but losing quick sheathe for atk m and speed eating +2 is really nice. Speed eating in particular is so so good. I always eat seeds and come to most hunts fully loaded, and it feels so good to be able to pull an item at a moments notice. Also keys you get back to the fight sooner.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I wanted to do that but I did it once as an urgent quest and it has yet to come back as a regular 10 star quest. I'll try refreshing a couple of times.

Wolfe

I wanted to do that but I did it once as an urgent quest and it has yet to come back as a regular 10 star quest. I'll try refreshing a couple of times.

Pretty sure that ones always an urgent in the same way that the masters test and bad hair rajang are as well.

@Zet: that's one of the things I like about the Jho armors, and I always forget it's there until I eat something and them I'm like oh yeah, that's rad!

LiQuid!

Pretty sure that ones always an urgent in the same way that the masters test and bad hair rajang are as well.

facepalm.gif

SO CLOSE!!! I started killing Ultra G-Rank Shagaru Magalas (level 136 and 137) and found that they drop Graven charms like crazy. I got an Edge Lore ooo talisman from the second one. If only it were an Edgemaster talisman! I wonder how long it would take to get that talisman.

SO CLOSE!!! I started killing Ultra G-Rank Shagaru Magalas (level 136 and 137) and found that they drop Graven charms like crazy. I got an Edge Lore ooo talisman from the second one. If only it were Edgemaster talisman! I wonder how long it would take to get that talisman.

edge lore's way better for certain weapons. Not the biggest loss :p

Prototype

Brachydios dropping bolts, even though the wiki says Dragonseal.

Edit.

Wish there was a Rath GQ. Doesn't matter what variant. Love fighting them.

new famitsu has a shitton of monhun stuff. like 10 pages across multiple games.

Highlights:
new green wyvern uses electricity, it's apparently super fast and aggressive.
Lagiacrus is back without underwater combat. Fuck the naysayers and all that.
Also the blue grab with a horn.
Llama pets confirmed
All 4 styles detailed. 'Bout time tbh. Bushido style sounds slick though possibly OP
More area details as well. I'm really excited for the variety, since I feel 4 is a bit lacking in this regard. Oh yeah, here's the ludroth. and Agnaktors.
Big surprise in the next issue, too. No idea what that might be.
Will edit as I get to the rest of it. GH already has a video up.
I think he also mentioned that Ludroth - and presumably Royal Ludroth - are also coming back along with the Deserted Island. The Agnaktors, Lagiacrus and Royal Ludroth all have a similar body type, so if the developers updated them to work with elevation it makes sense to bring them all back.
Yeah, I sure hope so. I really enjoyed those in 3U.

tuffy

I think he also mentioned that Ludroth - and presumably Royal Ludroth - are also coming back along with the Deserted Island. The Agnaktors, Lagiacrus and Royal Ludroth all have a similar body type, so if the developers updated them to work with elevation it makes sense to bring them all back.

new famitsu has a shitton of monhun stuff. like 10 pages across multiple games.

Highlights:
new green wyvern uses electricity, it's apparently super fast and aggressive.
Lagiacrus is back without underwater combat. Fuck the naysayers and all that.
Also the blue grab with a horn.
Llama pets confirmed
All 4 styles detailed. 'Bout time tbh. Bushido style sounds slick though possibly OP
More area details as well. I'm really excited for the variety, since I feel 4 is a bit lacking in this regard. Oh yeah, here's the ludroth. and Agnaktors.
Big surprise in the next issue, too. No idea what that might be.
Will edit as I get to the rest of it. GH already has a video up.

Yeah, I sure hope so. I really enjoyed those in 3U.
This is unexpected.

Well, I beat my first lvl. 140 Shagaru Magala! Took almost 40 minutes, though. Seriously, do Ultra G-Rank monsters have higher defense than normal and Super G-Rank ones? How can I kill it more quickly?

This is unexpected.

Well, I beat my first lvl. 140 Shagaru Magala! Took almost 40 minutes, though. Seriously, do Ultra G-Rank monsters have higher defense than normal and Super G-Rank ones? How can I kill it more quickly?

they have like 300% standard health. So... they're pretty beefy.

Renewed

Can anybody translate the set/skills used here? This just might make me consider trying this myself.

Challenger +2, Attack Up (M), Evade Extender, Recoil Reduction +2, and Pierce Up. Looking into the pieces but I feel like you can come up with something.

The charm is Attack +14, Pierce +5. I'm kind of blind today...

Can anybody translate the set/skills used here? This just might make me consider trying this myself.

I'd wager load up, ruthlessness, pierce up core and then whatever else they fit on with charms and such (evasion, AuX, etc.)
Challenger +2, Attack Up (M), Evade Extender, Recoil Reduction +2, and Normal Up. Looking into the pieces but I feel like you can come up with something.
this makes more sense but I don't think it's normal up? looked like pierce shot but it's not easy to decipher. And I thought AuX and Challenger didn't stack?

Renewed

I'd wager load up, ruthlessness, pierce up core and then whatever else they fit on with charms and such (evasion, AuX, etc.)

this makes more sense but I don't think it's normal up? looked like pierce shot but it's not easy to decipher. And I thought AuX and Challenger didn't stack?

I literally just noticed I wrote Normal when I posted. Time for bed. :p

and I just realized they actually show the armor at the end. Guess I'm not 100% either lol.

Okay, they're (with 100% certainty):

Recoil Reduction +2
Challenger +2
Attack Up Medium
Pierce Up

in order. Nothing else.

Flunkie

Banned
Bought this over the 25% off sale. Still haven't gotten into it, but I have some free time coming up so I'm gonna use this to break in my new new 3DS XL. I don't want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Definitely duder, do we have each other on friends? I don't even know how playing games with other 3DS folk works. I still thought we had to have friend codes up until the MH4U Demo came out.
These games function with a room system. You can make a room for online play, post the associated numerical code, and we can join it. There's also a built in friends system but it essentially just streamlines the room joining process a bit.

Pila

Bought this over the 25% off sale. Still haven't gotten into it, but I have some free time coming up so I'm gonna use this to break in my new new 3DS XL. I don't want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Well, welcome aboard ^^ it's a great game, ask GAF for any help.

and I just realized they actually show the armor at the end. Guess I'm not 100% either lol.

Okay, they're (with 100% certainty):

Recoil Reduction +2
Challenger +2
Attack Up Medium
Pierce Up

in order. Nothing else.
Cool. So, I'm assuming the ammo used in the video was Pierce lvls 2 and then 1. What are the pieces of armor used? Well, I guess I can just put it into Athena's Armor Set Search, but I'm curious.

Top Bottom