• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn was hoping for a double drop rate, should've known better with this game :)
Thanks though.
I mean I don't have any info in front of me right now, but you should definitely be leveling up the dual quest instead since I'm not sure if a single B Tigrex can churn out Rare 10 relics.

Okay, looked it up and it seems your single B Tigrex will only give you a 25% for 1 beshackled. The Dual will instantly increase your chance by 50% and additionally roll you a 12% chance at least 9 times to get more. Sorry, it's late and I didn't answer all your questions.

I mean I don't have any info in front of me right now, but you should definitely be leveling up the dual quest instead since I'm not sure if a single B Tigrex can churn out Rare 10 relics.

Okay, looked it up and it seems your single B Tigrex will only give you a 25% for 1 beshackled. The Dual will instantly increase your chance by 50% and additionally roll you a 12% chance at least 9 times to get more. Sorry, it's late and I didn't answer all your questions.

Whoa whoa whoa, there's that much difference!?
Thanks a lot for the info!
Just getting in, gonna start levelling the duel quest in a minute :lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
High level GQ farming is actually so dumb. I'm after a good rare 10 guild knight sabers. I've been leveling a single ruby bas GQ and now I realize that it won't even drop a good one at max level. If the info I'm reading is correct I guess I need a 2xZinogre GQ with DB bias to get the best drop rate. The amount of RNG needed just to get the proper quest seems staggering.

Wolfe

Yeah I enjoy expeditions (although I still enjoyed moga woods free hunts better) but the GQ and Relic systems need to be reworked or scrapped for something else.

I loooove that it gives you access to different variations of armor skins (most not even available normally in the game) but the super RNG aspect of it is really off putting.

Also there are far too few weapon relic skins given how there are a bazillion armor skins.

I took my dual quest yesterday from level 92 to level 129.
Two guys who did the majority with me were G3's so when it got to 126 (which has the G-Special entry requirement) they had to leave :(
After that I got a lot of random drop-ins who'd faint within a couple of minutes and then leave :lol.
Going to try to drive it up to 140 later!

I'm so hoping that the relic system is ditched in MH5. It's a really poor system and makes a lot of weapons even worse, relatively, than they already are. Charms are almost as bad, though at least there's a pretty mindless way to farm those.

Does anyone have a good guide/info on palicoes? I haven't really done much to recruit/change them up after getting to HR. Is it worth looking into now?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit the bads are out in full force tonight. About 10 hunts on oroshi, ONE kill. All my sleeps going to total waste cause idiots keep yolo attacking like MORONS. There are just some monsters that are so hard to fight with randoms.

Hey so if anybody wants to grind some B.Tigrex + S.Zinogre and get some relic DB's in the process, i'm on!
52-9742-4566-8829

or just search for 126+, S.Zino, hunter name Xavier :)

Hey were we ever in a room together and you send me a friend request? I remember turning down a FR from a hunter named Xavier once but it might have been in a room I posted on here or something. If that was you, sorry!

LiQuid!

Yeah, you're definitely right there but oroshi is immune to para.

Hey were we ever in a room together and you send me a friend request? I remember turning down a FR from a hunter named Xavier once but it might have been in a room I posted on here or something. If that was you, sorry!

Heh. I've never joined a Gaf room or (knowingly) hunted with a Gaffer, plus my friends list has been full for a long while so it probably wasn't me... on the off-chance it was though, I hate you!

LiQuid!

I'm so sad. Was in hall with a guy with a GQ I needed (g rank tigrex with DB bias) for a drop I'm after, he says he'll trade it after but we failed (he died one of the times) and so he took his ball and went home and rage quit the hall after. I've been running expeditions ALL damn day looking for a zinogre or tigrex with DB bias and haven't found one yet.

tuffy

I've never understood why people feel the need to hoard GQs. Since I've got a ton of GQs already and it doesn't cost me anything to share them, I've always just handed them out to anybody who needs them.

I always send my Guild Card to all at the beginning and Guild Quest to all at the end *shrug*

With that said, it's level 138 now!
Should hit 140 later if I can get some decent players.
The amount of HR999 who faint really early is kinda ridiculous...

I always send my Guild Card to all at the beginning and Guild Quest to all at the end *shrug*

With that said, it's level 138 now!
Should hit 140 later if I can get some decent players.
The amount of HR999 who faint really early is kinda ridiculous...

I'd say a decent number of those HR999 people either got it via save editing or hame, neither of which really teach you how to do normal hunts.

LiQuid!

I try not to judge people. I've played this game for hundreds of hours and I still die like an idiot all the time. High G rank monsters hit hard as hell.

tuffy

I'd say a decent number of those HR999 people either got it via save editing or hame, neither of which really teach you how to do normal hunts.
Or taking one of those hacked events that give out a zillion points.

If someone has HR800 or so my first instinct is "this person's probably really good", whereas with HR999 I'm not so sure. Too many people intentionally hit that cap without doing real hunts for me to trust it.

Or taking one of those hacked events that give out a zillion points.

If someone has HR800 or so my first instinct is "this person's probably really good", whereas with HR999 I'm not so sure. Too many people intentionally hit that cap without doing real hunts for me to trust it.

Yeah, pretty much. Though TBF that blue name sure is nice.

Not sharing their Guild Card is a big flag, like why wouldn't you want Unity Points?
One who did had played for 1400 hours and was absolutely amazing and totally legit.
Another who woke the monster when it was asleep before we could lay bombs and kept attacking when somebody was mounting... not so amazing and had to be hacked.

I try not to judge people. I've played this game for hundreds of hours and I still die like an idiot all the time. High G rank monsters hit hard as hell.

Oh no doubt, elitist MH players are the worst!
Just yesterday I had players criticise other players sets and demand they change before hunts and players abandoning quests when somebody else faints, truly awful.

When I see a 999 I too think 'they must be amazing' so to see them run headfirst into a Tigrex roar, cart and rage quit is a trip.
One guy's quote when he did just that was 'You have just killed a HR999 hunter' then he put 'You're all noobs' and left us :lol

tuffy

When I see a 999 I too think 'they must be amazing' so to see them run headfirst into a Tigrex roar, cart and rage quit is a trip.
One guy's quote when he did just that was 'You have just killed a HR999 hunter' then he put 'You're all noobs' and left us :lol
That sounds like somebody who cheated their way to 999, that's for sure. I don't expect anyone who got there legitimately to cart to much of anything. But ragequitting and blaming everybody else for not carrying his clumsy ass are surer signs of someone with less experience than it appears.

co1onel

I'm so sad. Was in hall with a guy with a GQ I needed (g rank tigrex with DB bias) for a drop I'm after, he says he'll trade it after but we failed (he died one of the times) and so he took his ball and went home and rage quit the hall after. I've been running expeditions ALL damn day looking for a zinogre or tigrex with DB bias and haven't found one yet.

I was in a hall with some guy that was asking the host for his guildquests with bow bias, and the host said he'd only give it if he traded him a particular quest in return. The guy repeatedly said he didn't have any quests that the host wanted, so the host refused to give him any. I couldn't believe the nerve of the host, so I gave the guy all of my quests with bow bias before leaving. Giving away quests has no negative effect you, it makes no sense to not give them.

EDIT: I have a lv94 tigrex GQ with sns/db bias, if you're still looking for one.

LiQuid!

Absolutely I am! 2 days straight doing nothing in game but refreshing and grinding expeditions and still nothing.

I'm sitting idle in a hall right now while watching some TV shows if you get time to jump in and throw it over that'd be so rad!

64-6737-3673-6184

pass1379

ed: fixed id typo

ed2: yay thanks! Now I get to level it up! Tiggy spam!

Got my first GQ to level 140 :)
The purpose was because I saw a set of Tessen DB's a few days ago and had to have them!
In an ideal world they'd be a red set, have paralysis (no awakening) and a good chunk of white sharpness.
So... these dropped yesterday:

WVW69iZcMR48f_01pr

and they're red too!
I'm sure they're not the 'best' DB's or whatever, but man it's exactly what I'd hoped for!

.....although, I am tempted to keep grinding tonight to see if I can get a better set :p

I'm thinking it's impractical to keep farming for Edgemaster talismans. How does my most recent alternative set-up sound?

Sharpness+1
Razor Sharp
Element Attack Up
High-Grade Earplugs

I made it mainly for dual blades. Is there a better set-up I can make with a non-Edgemaster charm?

I'm thinking it's impractical to keep farming for Edgemaster talismans. How does my most recent alternative set-up sound?

Sharpness+1
Razor Sharp
Element Attack Up
High-Grade Earplugs

I made it mainly for dual blades. Is there a better set-up I can make with a non-Edgemaster charm?

Depending on your DBs, you might be better off with a specific element up +3, status up, or some combination of them. Generally they're not terribly difficult to get so it might be worth plugging your talismans in to ASS and seeing what you can get.

IIRC, [Element] Up +3 > Element Attack Up in basically every case but there are some DBs with a pretty even spread of 2 elements and perhaps EAU is the way to go for those?

Man DBs are complicated lol

Depending on your DBs, you might be better off with a specific element up +3, status up, or some combination of them. Generally they're not terribly difficult to get so it might be worth plugging your talismans in to ASS and seeing what you can get.

IIRC, [Element] Up +3 > Element Attack Up in basically every case but there are some DBs with a pretty even spread of 2 elements and perhaps EAU is the way to go for those?

Man DBs are complicated lol
I already tried plugging in [Individual Element]+3. The best I can do with this combination is Element Attack Up, which at least means I don't have to make a new set for every element.

Anyone up for some Bombs over Gogmazios? I kind of want the GX Tempest set and all I need are the Amatsu Tickets. I have a room up.
Room:11-6867-2532-0594
Pass: 5386

Guess not

Heh, the trap of relic farming

I fell back in!

Just as well as I ended up finding this R10 set:

WVW69iZtUQM4i8dl_r

They're not red and lack my beloved paralysis but dat raw attack!
I'll let stats outweigh aesthetics just this once and make them my main set.

Quick question guys, Attack (L) or Critical Eye +3 for these blades?
Normally always go for crit on DB's but AuL would push the attack to over 500...

I fell back in!

Just as well as I ended up finding this R10 set:

WVW69iZtUQM4i8dl_r

They're not red and lack my beloved paralysis but dat raw attack!
I'll let stats outweigh aesthetics just this once and make them my main set.

Quick question guys, Attack (L) or Critical Eye +3 for these blades?
Normally always go for crit on DB's but AuL would push the attack to over 500...

Go Critical. It's a bigger attack boost for raw attack that high.

I'm just starting to see the value of relic DBs myself. The Teostra that I just recently leveled up to lvl. 140 and have been farming in the hopes of getting an Edgemaster talisman is finally giving me relic DBs that are worth something. I hope I get DBs with that much attack power soon. Yesterday it dropped a SnS with 476 attack power but no element.

I've also noticed that the DBs I've been getting might benefit more from Edge Lore than Edgemaster. Hopefully that Edge Lore +4 ooo talisman I apparently have will come in handy now. Now I'm going to focus on relic weapons rather than that elusive Edgemaster talisman.

P.S. My quest gives Sea-King's Twins DBs (Ceadeus DBs, I believe). They look pretty good. I never liked the Tessen DB design, so I'm happy with what I'm getting.

co1onel

Go Critical. It's a bigger attack boost for raw attack that high.

Crit eye isn't a bigger attack boost than the corresponding attack up boost until 400+ true raw. No weapon in mh4u even goes that high, so attack up is almost always the better option.

So for his dual blades with 476 attack. Divide by 1.4 for the true raw = 340.

Attack up L gives +20 attack, so it'll boost it up to 360 true raw. About a 5.9% attack boost.

Crit eye+3 is a 20% higher chance of getting a crit. Each crit does 1.25 more damage, so we can do 340*(1+.25*(20/100))=357 true raw. An exact 5% attack boost.

Wolfe

Crit eye isn't a bigger attack boost than the corresponding attack up boost until 400+ true raw. No weapon in mh4u even goes that high, so attack up is almost always the better option.

So for his dual blades with 476 attack. Divide by 1.4 for the true raw = 340.

Attack up L gives +20 attack, so it'll boost it up to 360 true raw. About a 5.8% attack boost.

Crit eye+3 is a 20% higher chance of getting a crit. Each crit does 1.25 more damage, so we can do 340*(1+.25*(20/100))=357 true raw. An exact 5% attack boost.

I'd still use the 420 duals for the para over the 476 ones myself.

LiQuid!

28-9825-5884-4315 pass:1379

Situation: Need to kill 2 devil joes at the same time in the arena with no armor on.

Difficulty: Pubs have never heard of smoke bombs.

Solution: Let's do this GAF.

LiQuid!

Haha, it's ok bud, you always get an A+ for effort!

LiQuid!

Thanks for the help with the Joes Sassy, we embarrassed em!

Top Bottom