• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Hmm, I was going to link it but this google doc on gamefaqs is better:

http://bit.ly/1GImT0M

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/71522084

Check the gamefaqs thread on how to use it. It's fairly straightforward.
It doesn't seem like I can use it.

How about 434 attack, white sharpness, 330 element and

Element Attack +3

vs.

Critical God and Challenger+2?

My element setup gets Sharpness+1 so some of my weapons can get white sharpness. With the critical setup and no Sharpness+1, a couple of them have blue sharpness.

Beats

It doesn't seem like I can use it.

How about 434 attack, white sharpness, 330 element and

Element Attack +3

vs.

Critical God and Challenger+2?

My element setup gets Sharpness+1 so some of my weapons can get white sharpness. With the critical setup and no Sharpness+1, a couple of them have blue sharpness.

Hmm, maybe try the other calculator. Here's a link to the program I used:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8lyakf9j7xgvoy3/Rengoku's+But+v0.01.exe#39;s_But_v0.01.exe

It's a bit limited compared to the other one though.

What does the one from gamefaqs say when you try to open it?

polg

I can't believe that after nearly 170 hours on MH4U, I've only thought of looking for an official thread today...

Hai MonHun gaf... Light Bowgun hunter here...

tuffy

I can't believe that after nearly 170 hours on MH4U, I've only thought of looking for an official thread today...

Hai MonHun gaf... Light Bowgun hunter here...
Welcome, fellow bowgunner! After many hours in 4U, I still never tire of them.

Beats

Okay, I got this one to work, but element doesn't seem to be changing any of the numbers except for one labeled EleOutPut, which says "7 / 2" or "8 / 2" depending on the number I input.

You just add the EleOutPut to the numbers in the motion values box to get the final damage.

Anyone mind helping me get to g rank?

Room 67 2807 8477 5680, pass 1111

I got disconnected and I'm getting errors trying to get back on. : <

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm starting to think apex tigrex is impossible to kill. I've tried it at LEAST 20 times with pubs and we've gotten close a few times but someone always gets careless and dies. 9 times out of 10 we have a guy (usually a gunner) that will cart mere seconds into the fight from a charge and then quit out of the quest. I can't remember a time I've tried the entire fight with 4 people off the top of my head.

Shengar

I'm starting to think apex tigrex is impossible to kill. I've tried it at LEAST 20 times with pubs and we've gotten close a few times but someone always gets careless and dies. 9 times out of 10 we have a guy (usually a gunner) that will cart mere seconds into the fight from a charge and then quit out of the quest. I can't remember a time I've tried the entire fight with 4 people off the top of my head.

Is it just normal Apex or GQ140? Either it's possible, but with a lot of tight life-powder and dust of life rescue.

Was just doing Apex Tigrex last night!
Me, my brother and 2 randoms.
140 GS/LS dual quest, Apex Tigs and Plum D. Hermitaur.
4 runs, 3 successes.
He got a 1440 GS but is after a 1680 so we'll probably be running it again tonight (UK time) if it's any use to you...?

EDIT: the GS dropped is the Siegmund, LS I think is the Wyvern Blade but i'd have to check that. Not sure what armour category it was but Rathalos chest pieces basically.

I had Para DB, the other 3 all had GS.
Basic tactics were start the fight with a mount. Whilst mounted, everybody activate wystones. When he dropped from the mount, that time was usually enough to knock him out of apex state. After that I would paralyse/lay traps and the 3 GS users would all go in with charge swings. He'd usually go down before he got to leave the area, the time we failed we went down to the crab -_-

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's the guild quest I've been using to farm dual blades from. I leveled it up to 136 to max out the treasure areas, but since then I've been unable to beat it and finish leveling it to 140 because the pubs I've been getting are so, so, so, so bad. I don't have any reason to level it to 140, really, but I've been at a point in my hunting career where I need to do a LOT of 140 GQ's in general and specifically ones with apex monsters because I need zenith stones and divine armor spheres en masse so I just post it in public halls when I'm bored and want to try it out again and it always ends in disaster.

LiQuid!

I need some drops from G-rank savage joe... Is my searching correct that these things are only found on rare, G-rank expeditions???

fuck monster hunter tho

I feel like that.
Then I come right on back the next day.

:(

It's the guild quest I've been using to farm dual blades from. I leveled it up to 136 to max out the treasure areas, but since then I've been unable to beat it and finish leveling it to 140 because the pubs I've been getting are so, so, so, so bad. I don't have any reason to level it to 140, really, but I've been at a point in my hunting career where I need to do a LOT of 140 GQ's in general and specifically ones with apex monsters because I need zenith stones and divine armor spheres en masse so I just post it in public halls when I'm bored and want to try it out again and it always ends in disaster.

Ahh I get ya! It was like that for my 140 Stgy quest.
Somebody would fail, leave. Wait for next. Fail, leave. Wait for next...
Pretty infuriating, good luck with it!

As for the bolded, there's an award!
What kinda hunter doesn't care about bling on their guild card!?

LiQuid!

It's real hard to find any information on the few exhaust phial switch axes in the game other than a lot of people hating them for nebulous reasons, but I tricked out a set for the molten tigrex SA with stamina thief on it and soloing diablos and having it drooling and standing still for 1/3 of the fight sure is nice.

LiQuid!

I dunno how the urge came over me but I just randomly decided to try and solo my level 121 oroshi GQ. I didn't come prepared in the slightest. I had my HG plug set on with a water switch axe. Almost exactly 34 minutes, 6 first aid med+, 3 EZ max potions, 2 regular-ass max potions, 3 lifepowders and 20 mega potions later, that fucking unicorn lay dead at my feet. I almost couldn't believe it when I struck the final blow. I'd reserved myself to death after I popped my last potion and was down to about 30% HP with no carts remaining and both of my cats were dead. It was him or me, literally down to one final hit. I don't think I'll ever be one of those crazies that can solo 2x140 rajang GQs without so much as a scratch on em, but I feel like I tackled a pretty substantial nemesis just now. Felt pretty cool.

Ulthwe

Yes! Uniqlo is going to have special MHX hoodies and t-shirts, beginning 11/27.

collabo_150917_uniqlo_01.jpg
collabo_150917_uniqlo_02.jpg
collabo_150917_uniqlo_03.jpg

LiQuid!

Why do you need so many large elder dragon gems???

The Kiranico guide has three damage charts for Gogmazios. Am I right to assume that the first represents Gogmazios in its normal state, the second its rage mode, and the third its boiling state?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Kiranico guide has three damage charts for Gogmazios. Am I right to assume that the first represents Gogmazios in its normal state, the second its rage mode, and the third its boiling state?

Probably. Just get a dragon weapon and aim for the head though, huge damage in all states.

Samemind

The way the english work "Cook" has been transliterated as &#12467;&#12483;&#12463; in japan does actually sound closer to cock than cook, IMO.

The way the english work "Cook" has been transliterated as &#12467;&#12483;&#12463; in japan does actually sound closer to cock than cook, IMO.

Okay, but sometimes you have to look at it from another perspective and acknowledge that while it may be more phonetically accurate, one means cat penis and one means cat cook, and those are vastly different. Just y'know... throwin' it out there.

Probably. Just get a dragon weapon and aim for the head though, huge damage in all states.
Hard to do that with DBs, though. Honestly, I was looking for monsters that would be easy to kill with the Enduring Surrender dual blades. I was looking for an excuse to make them and I was hoping that massive element would be good for something.

How does this combination sound?

Relic DBs with
434 attack
330 fire (with awaken)
10% affinity
Massive blue sharpness, tiny chunk of white sharpness

with

Awaken
Challenger+2
Fire Attack+3
Razor Sharp

Should I even bother with Razor Sharp? Is blue sharpness a deal breaker? I've been farming lvl. 140 Teostra for better DBs for hours with no success. Tons and tons of relic weapons and not one of them was worthwhile.

Samemind

Okay, but sometimes you have to look at it from another perspective and acknowledge that while it may be more phonetically accurate, one means cat penis and one means cat cook, and those are vastly different. Just y'know... throwin' it out there.

I never alluded to the contrary, Mr. Fish

LiQuid!

How does this combination sound?

Relic DBs with
434 attack
330 fire (with awaken)
10% affinity
Massive blue sharpness, tiny chunk of white sharpness

with

Awaken
Challenger+2
Fire Attack+3
Razor Sharp

Should I even bother with Razor Sharp? Is blue sharpness a deal breaker? I've been farming lvl. 140 Teostra for better DBs for hours with no success. Tons and tons of relic weapons and not one of them was worthwhile.

Blue sharpness is so so so bad. Trash them knives.

Blue sharpness is so so so bad. Trash them knives.

Hold on, I just found a setup that replaces Razor Sharp with Mind's Eye. After plugging in some numbers to that damage calculator, they do a decent amount of damage. I really don't want to farm lvl. 140 Teostra again just to spend hours throwing away more junk relic weapons because the relic system is so broken it's almost impossible for the game to adequately reward the player for ultra G Rank efforts.

EDIT: You know what, you may have a point. I just plugged in the numbers for the Wyvern Conciliation DBs and with purple sharpness and Fire Attack+3 they actually slightly outperform the relic DBs with blue sharpness. I'll keep both just in case.

I hate this relic weapon system. I hope they either change it to make it fair or get rid of it entirely for the next game.

When I use this to check elemental damage output, do I add the output to the final number, or does the elemental output get added to each individual part of the combo? (i.e. Looking at Demon Dance, would I add 13 to the final number of [61] or would I add 13 to each individual number in the addition?)

upandaway

That apex diablos though

Sonic bomb -> para while trapped -> pitfall trap -> flash bomb -> para -> shock trap
It wasn't free for even a second

Top Bottom