• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't feel bad about that apex tiggy guys. That's probably my 10th time trying to finish that quest since it hit 136 and haven't beaten him yet. That dude's a piece of crap.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is not having purple sharpness on my relic GS going to make it not viable against Apex monsters? The GS I've been rolling with is only rare 9 but has the 2nd highest raw you can get on a relic and the highest possible poison element, but it maxes out at white.

So close to perfection, yet so far away.

Quadratic

Still trying to level up my Daora Kushala GQ. When I post here I don't get anyone joining so I'll start the room in 2 hours from now. I'll post the room details then.

Random players tend to get tornadoed before poison is applied. The quest is at 131 currently. If people want to do turns I'm happy to do that as well. Just wanted to inch closer to 140.

Renewed

Still trying to level up my Daora Kushala GQ. When I post here I don't get anyone joining so I'll start the room in 2 hours from now. I'll post the room details then.

Random players tend to get tornadoed before poison is applied. The quest is at 131 currently. If people want to do turns I'm happy to do that as well. Just wanted to inch closer to 140.

If I'm around at that point, I'll swing by. I need to remember to do some warm up beforehand.

Renewed

Starting the Kushala GQ room now

53-8332-4100-3476

Took off the password. Anyone? Got the GQ up to 138

Sorry for not being there, I went outside for a walk and ended up running into a friend. Went back to their place and hung out.

My hunt for Kushala parts will happen later this week since I'm busy.

I'm going to do something dumb and make a different version of a custom set I already have because the alternate version looks better. Anyone know the best way to farm for True Armor Spheres? I read that a low rank Dahren Mohran DLC quest can give armor stones, but the chance is only 12%.

tuffy

I'm going to do something dumb and make a different version of a custom set I already have because the alternate version looks better. Anyone know the best way to farm for True Armor Spheres? I read that a low rank Dahren Mohran DLC quest can give armor stones, but the chance is only 12%.
Polishing and trading in rarity 8 relics for points is an easy way to get True Spheres and clean out your equipment box at the same time. Run a few gathering expeditions for abrasives if need be.

LiQuid!

Yeah, the bottleneck in my ability to polish actually useful relics at this point is solely zenith gems, so I use all spare abrasives and meteor stones I pick up to polish rare 8 stuff for true spheres, since they're the worst.

Shengar

Yeah, the bottleneck in my ability to polish actually useful relics at this point is solely zenith gems, so I use all spare abrasives and meteor stones I pick up to polish rare 8 stuff for true spheres, since they're the worst.

We can always have more zenith stone hunting since we'll never get enough of them, relic and regular hunters alike.

Polishing and trading in rarity 8 relics for points is an easy way to get True Spheres and clean out your equipment box at the same time. Run a few gathering expeditions for abrasives if need be.

There's a way to trade for True Armor Spheres? Is it through the relic polishing guy in Harth? It wasn't until recently that I started to pay attention to him.

tuffy

There's a way to trade for True Armor Spheres? Is it through the relic polishing guy in Harth? It wasn't until recently that I started to pay attention to him.
The same guy who polishes the relics will also accept them for trade once they've been polished. You'll always get Caravan Points for them along with items like abrasives and ores. But if the rarity is around 8, you'll also get True Spheres sometimes.

Quadratic

Sorry for not being there, I went outside for a walk and ended up running into a friend. Went back to their place and hung out.

My hunt for Kushala parts will happen later this week since I'm busy.

It's okay. Although painful, got the quest to 140. Lots of carts due to tornado spam. I'm not a great IG user, but always had Hazy Caster equipped in case no one ran poison. He's so much easier without the black wind.

Just wanted to get the guild card award. There was probably an easier way like leveling an ioprey GQ to 140.

The same guy who polishes the relics will also accept them for trade once they've been polished. You'll always get Caravan Points for them along with items like abrasives and ores. But if the rarity is around 8, you'll also get True Spheres sometimes.

I wish I had known this sooner. I sold most of the relics I got from farming lvl. 140 Teostra, and I fought that thing a lot. Who knows how many True Armor Spheres I could have gotten by now.

Edit: Fortunately, I have just enough armor spheres and relics to trade to fully upgrade my custom set.

LiQuid!

I'm so fascinated by the HH and I've always wanted to use it more than I do but I feel like an idiot whenever I try to use it. Never know how to balance time between avoiding monsters to get buffs up and just hitting and playing when able. Most monsters seem impossible to hit and play at the same time because they move so much they're nearly guaranteed to knock you out of your song.

There's also having to learn different note combos every time you switch to a new one. For the life of me I can't figure out why different horns have different colored notes. Or why songs are listed by note color in the first place instead of just X/B/A+B. Is that solely to confuse you? The weapon is otherwise completely uncomplicated to use, but you need to build up a level of memorization, or have a cheat sheet up, in order to start using it and I'm way too old and stupid for that.

JimPanzer

anyone on here playing the japanese version of the game? I had 300 hours with the western version, but sold my EU 3ds. The urge for some MH was strong and I just can't wait until MHX so I bought MH4G, unfortunately now I have noone to play with :(

LiQuid!

The amount of noobs attempting to complete Bombs over Gogmazios is so high it's making it intolerable. I keep seeing people with para and sleep weapons against him, probably because it's the only high end weapon they own. People with full sets of G-rank armor, non-mixed with zero slots filled. And like, I understand enraged Gogma is a piece of shit and understand it's really easy to die against that guy's 1-hit KO nonsense, but for the love of jesus these noobs really need to learn how to even attempt a superman dive. Out of maybe 8-10 attempts today I got one single clear, and even then we played most of the hunt at 2/3 carts because people have no clue how to not get lazor'd. At least most of the failures were over quickly. This hunt sucks so bad.

kaioshade

I have never loved and hated a game as much as this one. And its most likely a case of "git gud" but its so damned frustrating. I cant find a weapon that i like. I want to use dual blades, but they dull after like 1 combo, sword and shield seems weak as hell, i have been settling on charge blade, but enemies move too fast to even land more than one hit before getting tail swiped across the screen or something.

Any tips for a struggling newbie?

LiQuid!

Need 6 amatsu tickets for the entire Tempest set.

First Gogma clear, get 2 amatsu tickets.

This is going to be easy, I say.

Second Gogma clear, get 2 amatsu tickets.

Third Gogma clear, get 1 amatsu ticket.

cBj1LTf.png

The amount of noobs attempting to complete Bombs over Gogmazios is so high it's making it intolerable...

Oh man, grinding this to make the (glorious) Amatsu set was hugely frustrating.
I would use my full stock of Lifepowders, my Dust of Life's, I would then Farcaster back to base to pick up more Dust of Life's and people would still die.
Nobody used binders, nobody went for the tail or wings, nobody used the cannon, nobody brought Marcoal.
It was hell :'(
This was when the quest first came out so I would've thought things had gotten better... guess not :lol

The armour is so good looking it was worth it though!

ilium

I have never loved and hated a game as much as this one. And its most likely a case of "git gud" but its so damned frustrating. I cant find a weapon that i like. I want to use dual blades, but they dull after like 1 combo, sword and shield seems weak as hell, i have been settling on charge blade, but enemies move too fast to even land more than one hit before getting tail swiped across the screen or something.

Longsword maybe?

LiQuid!

Oh man, grinding this to make the (glorious) Amatsu set was hugely frustrating.
I would use my full stock of Lifepowders, my Dust of Life's, I would then Farcaster back to base to pick up more Dust of Life's and people would still die.
Nobody used binders, nobody went for the tail or wings, nobody used the cannon, nobody brought Marcoal.
It was hell :'(
This was when the quest first came out so I would've thought things had gotten better... guess not :lol

The armour is so good looking it was worth it though!

Even lifepowder spamming doesn't help people with crap armor who refuse to eat moxie.

I don't even need the full set for the evasion set I wanna make, I'm just doing it for the sake of completion.

Q7yh515.png

Dreavus

Tried Longsword, much too slow for my tastes. im going to try dual blades again.

but the instant sharpness drop is absolutely infuriating.

The sharpness thing is also dependent on the specific dual blades that you're using, so you may find it better when you are able to upgrade or craft the next set in the line (which hopefully has a more reliable sharpness bar).

Insect Glaive has pretty speedy attacks once you steal some juice with it.

I would stick with SnS. It is a wonderful weapon and not weak at all. The ability to use items while having the weapon out can be a lifesaver, being able to block small to mid roars, the fact that you can roll out of any combo and not get stuck in them like you do with other weapons. They have fast attack and decent sharpness and it won't eat through it like DB. Add the high status and elemental and you have a very very versatile weapon that is a great solo weapon for someone that likes to evade and attack fast or you can even be a group healer with life powders and potions + wide-range.

Also one thing about your DB getting dull is that if the attack hits a hard part of a monster it will chew through your sharpness like crazy. I believe you get minds eye in Demon and Archdemon mode so you don't bounce but it will eat your sharpness even without bouncing.

kaioshade

I would stick with SnS. It is a wonderful weapon and not weak at all. The ability to use items while having the weapon out can be a lifesaver, being able to block small to mid roars, the fact that you can roll out of any combo and not get stuck in them like you do with other weapons. They have fast attack and decent sharpness and it won't eat through it like DB. Add the high status and elemental and you have a very very versatile weapon that is a great solo weapon for someone that likes to evade and attack fast or you can even be a group healer with life powders and potions + wide-range.

Also one thing about your DB getting dull is that if the attack hits a hard part of a monster it will chew through your sharpness like crazy. I believe you get minds eye in Demon and Archdemon mode so you don't bounce but it will eat your sharpness even without bouncing.

This makes a LOT of sense. I am still VERY new to this game, so things like this that are not immediately known to me. Thank you for that. And i will try SnS again. Maybe i just had a weaker weapon. It just seemed so weak compared to the charge blade i was using.

At first it does seem so weak if you look at just the numbers of the SnS compared to a CB but in use, you'll find yourself hitting the monster far more with the faster weapon and it does balance out. Also SnS is great for staying near a monster and hacking at the legs until they fall down.

Which is better between these two ice relic dual blades?

350 attack
330 ice
Natural purple sharpness (more than a sliver, but not a lot)
30% affinity
+50 Defense once fully upgraded
+5 Edgemaster

Or

434 attack
330 ice
Blue sharpness (White with Sharpness+1)
10% affinity
+50 Defense once fully upgraded
ooo (3 free gem slots)

I'm leaning toward the second set, but the limited sharpness is concerning. Also, the first set glows purple while the second is just the normal purple color. I didn't know there was a difference until just now (most of the relic dual blades I've kept glow, so I thought that was the norm). On that note, I'm so glad my lightning relic DBs, the strongest lightning DBs I have, glow neon blue. I love that color, and they fit the lightning effect so perfectly. I got lucky with those.

LiQuid!

Second set better, but if it were me I'd keep farming for one with good raw AND good sharpness. It took me a couple days but I finally got a set with decent raw (2nd highest possible), purple sharpness (with S+1) and 5 points of Edgemaster which I made a set around and stuck razor sharp on. Oh AND they glow purple. Those things stay purple sharp for a LOOOOONG time. DB's that sink down into blue sharpness a lot are the absolute worst. That 2nd set might be usable depending on the size of the white bar, but it'd be a deal breaker for me personally.

Second set better, but if it were me I'd keep farming for one with good raw AND good sharpness. It took me a couple days but I finally got a set with decent raw (2nd highest possible), purple sharpness (with S+1) and 5 points of Edgemaster which I made a set around and stuck razor sharp on. Oh AND they glow purple. Those things stay purple sharp for a LOOOOONG time. DB's that sink down into blue sharpness a lot are the absolute worst. That 2nd set might be usable depending on the size of the white bar, but it'd be a deal breaker for me personally.
I don't think I can fit both Sharpness+1 and Razor Sharp on my set unless I get another +5 Edgemaster weapon. My best Edgemaster talisman right now is Edgemaster+2 ooo. It already took me long enough to get the weapons I already have. Getting one that good sounds like it would take forever. Is blue sharpness really that bad?

Super Smash Bros has gotten MH outfits for Mii characters. Video preview.

Hunter:
costume_4_4.jpg

Rathalos:
costume_4_5.jpg
Wow. Didn't even know this was happening.

LiQuid!

I don't think I can fit both Sharpness+1 and Razor Sharp on my set unless I get another +5 Edgemaster weapon. My best Edgemaster talisman right now is Edgemaster+2 ooo. It already took me long enough to get the weapons I already have. Getting one that good sounds like it would take forever. Is blue sharpness really that bad?

It's not that hard to get Edgemaster on a set without even having a talisman or a relic weapon with it and it's very worthwhile to do it if you're playing with DBs imo. Try plugging your relevant charms into Athena's ASS and see what it gives you. A lot of popular G-rank sets have Edgemaster pieces. If you absolutely can't get S+1 and Razor Sharp, speed sharpening is really simple to slot onto any set with 5 free slots of any configuration.

It's not that hard to get Edgemaster on a set without even having a talisman or a relic weapon with it and it's very worthwhile to do it if you're playing with DBs imo. Try plugging your relevant charms into Athena's ASS and see what it gives you. A lot of popular G-rank sets have Edgemaster pieces. If you absolutely can't get S+1 and Razor Sharp, speed sharpening is really simple to slot onto any set with 5 free slots of any configuration.
Alright, I'll try, but I also make it a point to get HG Earplugs on my sets.

LiQuid!

Alright, I'll try, but I also make it a point to get HG Earplugs on my sets.

Without even using any weapon slots or my charms, here's a combo that gives you honed and HG plugs.

aWg6egx.png

If you've got hearing charms and weapon slots your options increase drastically.

Without even using any weapon slots or my charms, here's a combo that gives you honed and HG plugs.

aWg6egx.png

If you've got hearing charms and weapon slots your options increase drastically.

The best I can do without weapon slots is

Honed Blade
Razor Sharp
HG Earplugs

99.9% of sets with one more skill added to this, even something as simple as Speed Sharpening, require a +4 Edgemaster talisman. I wanted to add Challenger+2 or at the very least Speed Sharpening.

Why did they make those talismans so rare? As if it weren't bad enough I have to fight the most absurdly overpowered monsters in the game. I have to spend dozens if not hundreds of hours farming those hell spawns, too?

Even lifepowder spamming doesn't help people with crap armor who refuse to eat moxie.

I don't even need the full set for the evasion set I wanna make, I'm just doing it for the sake of completion.

Q7yh515.png

Ahh so this is what the ASS looks like!
I'm jealous, I'm on a Mac and can't use it so I'm over here using a pen and paper like some kind of caveman.

Man this would save me so much trouble... :'(

LiQuid!

5 more attempts at getting the last Bombs over Gog win I need to finish the set.

Number of successes: 0

Carts by me: 1

Carts by the rest of the loser pubs: 14

Number of times I've heard the heroic, "you're about to win!" music before some pub eats a lazer to the face, shattering my dreams: 3

Patience I have left for this quest: 0

eschiver

5 more attempts at getting the last Bombs over Gog win I need to finish the set.

Number of times I've heard the heroic, "you're about to win!" music before some pub eats a lazer to the face, shattering my dreams: 3

I need parts for this quest. Wanna hunt together? EST night time. Also, mh4u.chatango.com has pretty decent hunters.

I have yet to do this one but I want that GX Tempest set. My hunting friends are going to try it on Friday night. If you see me online jump into my room. The 3 of us have regular gog down to a 20 minute farm so hopefully this one won't be to bad.

LiQuid!

I need parts for this quest. Wanna hunt together? EST night time. Also, mh4u.chatango.com has pretty decent hunters.

Yeah I think I'll be around tonight. Let's make a room and knock it out. I've just been jumping into rando rooms whenever I get a half hour to spare and results have been POOR.

I have yet to do this one but I want that GX Tempest set. My hunting friends are going to try it on Friday night. If you see me online jump into my room. The 3 of us have regular gog down to a 20 minute farm so hopefully this one won't be to bad.

He starts the fight (and spends the entire time) in his pissy, enraged, fireballs and lazers mode, which means he moves around a lot more and you get a lot less time to just wail on him unless he's mounted. One or two IG users is highly recommended.

He starts the fight (and spends the entire time) in his pissy, enraged, fireballs and lazers mode, which means he moves around a lot more and you get a lot less time to just wail on him unless he's mounted. One or two IG users is highly recommended.

It's a good thing I main IG with Star Knight for mounts then isn't it. My DB friend is on tail and binders, while my 3rd friend is on cannon and dragonator.

Top Bottom