• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Phant

This is my first Monster Hunter game, really enjoying it so far! I really like the switch axe, I tried using the ranged weapons but since I don't have a CPP or a New 3DS, it makes it really difficult. Already clocked in 100 hours, currently in G2 going for a new armor set.

5 more attempts at getting the last Bombs over Gog win I need to finish the set.

Number of successes: 0

Carts by me: 1

Carts by the rest of the loser pubs: 14

Number of times I've heard the heroic, "you're about to win!" music before some pub eats a lazer to the face, shattering my dreams: 3

Patience I have left for this quest: 0
Wow that sucks to read man. Oddly in my own runs (all 2) I've gone 2 for 2 with 4 tickets to show for it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Need 6 amatsu tickets for the entire Tempest set.

First Gogma clear, get 2 amatsu tickets.

This is going to be easy, I say.

Second Gogma clear, get 2 amatsu tickets.

Third Gogma clear, get 1 amatsu ticket.

cBj1LTf.png

After the harrowing ordeal that was trying to get a 4th Gogma kill, needing a single amatsu ticket from him, I get fricken FOUR of them. Stupid GOG!

Shengar

After the harrowing ordeal that was trying to get a 4th Gogma kill, needing a single amatsu ticket from him, I get fricken FOUR of them. Stupid GOG!

This always happened everytime. The game really knows what needs to be done to laugh in your face in the end.

Added my friend code to the gaff monster Hunter friend code list. Feel free to add me, let me know if you do so I can add you back! Solo'd almost all caravan up to 10⭐️ Now jumping online HR6 looking forward to hunting with the community especially after mh3u, made it too HR202 in 3U, and loved every minute of it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Added my friend code to the gaff monster Hunter friend code list. Feel free to add me, let me know if you do so I can add you back! Solo'd almost all caravan up to 10⭐️ Now jumping online HR6 looking forward to hunting with the community especially after mh3u, made it too HR202 in 3U, and loved every minute of it.

Hey bud, come hang out on the Discord server where people post rooms most evenings, that way you can join up with us and just add the most active hunters in-game.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0X7YW4E2J9EnUaY0

Shengar

What is the best / strongest armor in the game?
I can make the Star Knight stuff, but it has less defense than my current armor.
Defense wise? It's White or GX Fatalis armor. Skill wise? it's the latter of the two I mentioned before. But rarely people used full set at that point of the game because they most likely mixing normal or/and GQ armor pieces, that of course might not have the best defense rating.

LiQuid!

What is the best / strongest armor in the game?
I can make the Star Knight stuff, but it has less defense than my current armor.

Most high tier G-rank armor is going to be pretty comparable from a straight defense standpoint when fully upgraded with armor spheres. End game you're going to want to start mixing set to max out the skills you've got.

Here's some example/general use sets from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/2xhiqm/mh4u_armory_low_high_g/

And here's Athena's ASS, popular app for searching for mixed set combinations:

http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

LiQuid!

Happy the GX Hunter set is finally going to be here. Been jealous seeing people that have done the Jap DLC with it for weeks. I feel like that's really going to expand my set options.

Going to be really strange not having more DLC come out after next month.

edit: Youtube comments saying G-rank Dala is out.

tuffy

Leave it to Capcom to mention every single Dalamadur quest nobody wanted, but omit the one people were actually waiting for.

LiQuid!

What's the significance of G-rank Dala? His drops lead to a set or weapons that were previously unavailable?

tuffy

What's the significance of G-rank Dala? His drops lead to a set or weapons that were previously unavailable?
That's exactly it. Without G Dalamadur parts, there's a lot of weapons that could never be fully upgraded and the Riot X armor set was totally unavailable.

LiQuid!

Haha, I just had a guy join my room, type "Hello" and then 30 seconds later typed "impolite piece ofshi.t" and left.

Shengar

edit: Youtube comments saying G-rank Dala is out.
If this is true, good then. Though I don't know why they don't highlight this in the video just like G-Rank Fatalis last month.
Well, for a start, you can't fully upgrade Dalamadurs weapon, thus prevent them from being honed and capped with tier b damage,

The only dalamadur weapon I've heard is good, though, is the IG. And Riot/Rebellion isn't great outside of that +3 edgemaster chest. Kind of an underwhelming group of DLC, imo

Beats

Ooh I can finally get the rest of the GX Hunter pieces. Only had the arms for a while now which were super useful for getting Challenger+2 onto my sets.

LiQuid!

Practicing charge blade on high rank kushalas cause I need dragon bones. Turned what would have been a 5 minute hunt with an IG into a half hour hunt. Fucking hate this weapon.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
can someone tell me why the yian garugas theme is so fantastic? i dont even like fighting them, but that theme makes dealing with them so worth it

Practicing charge blade on high rank kushalas cause I need dragon bones. Turned what would have been a 5 minute hunt with an IG into a half hour hunt. Fucking hate this weapon.

been a while since I did it, but I think Kushala is pretty rough with the grounded weapons that require getting lots of hits for good damage. Can't speak to DB but I hate fighting kushala with both CB and SnS. I'd recommend using the Nerscylla CB and going for lots of big swings with charged shield since cushion makes comboing for any decent length of time pretty rough.

Dreavus

So I beat the tornado dragon in the story mode and the quests have sort of dried up. I think it's up to 10 star now? Only getting ones from that lazy hunter that has "arena" style quests (silver rathalos, molten Tigrex which is terrifying and which I am also stuck on!)

Is there anything that opens up after this little quest line, or is this the time where I move to the online stuff? I haven't done much, I'm not sure if I'm even in HR yet.

So I beat the tornado dragon in the story mode and the quests have sort of dried up. I think it's up to 10 star now? Only getting ones from that lazy hunter that has "arena" style quests (silver rathalos, molten Tigrex which is terrifying and which I am also stuck on!)

Is there anything that opens up after this little quest line, or is this the time where I move to the online stuff? I haven't done much, I'm not sure if I'm even in HR yet.
Yeah, you're pretty much done with singleplayer. time to move to G rank online.

Yeah it's time to move on as you need to hit G-Rank in Multi to unlock the final batches of single player quests.
There are still quite a few to go as far as I remember. You'll know when you've done all of single player as, as well as getting an Award, a quest called The Master's Test unlocks which is the final quest.

LiQuid!

I really hate needing arena coins. That's a little too intimate a hunting scenario for me to want to try doing it with pubs.

Shengar

So I just found Monster Hunter Swing album where some of the game OSTs are rearranged to become Jazz music. They turned Teostra theme from this, to this.
Jesus, how is this even possible?

Wolfe

I really hate needing arena coins. That's a little too intimate a hunting scenario for me to want to try doing it with pubs.

I'm always game for arena, I tend to stick with only weapons I know but I've gotten a couple decent times with a gaffer or two.

Renewed

I was mostly kidding, I'm still rusty and Hammering is still foreign to me. Spent 5+ hours on it with Skype with someone attempting it to no avail before.

lol I'll have to do my fair share of practice just to get back into this since I only play once a week unless I miss that chance.

Not played Arena much so, spurred on by the discussion here I dove in today.
I 'S' ranked all HR quests and 'A' ranked all G quests.
Do you get anything for 'S' ranking all G-Rank arena quests? In general I was within a minute on all (and 3 seconds of one ha) so they might be achievable...

Just how effective is [Element] Attack + 3 for Dual Blades compared to, say, Challenger+2? I know it's a huge attack boost, but how do they compare? I tested Water Attack+3 on Black Gravios and I killed it in 20 minutes despite dying twice, so I'm hopeful. I broke the armor on both of its legs within minutes of starting the fight, and the first chest break happened soon after that.

LiQuid!

Since swag axe was my most used weapon while going thru the game, I had kind of semi-retired it but doing some arena quests has rekindled my love for it and I've been using it with my friends and having the best time. I love it when a monster goes down and I roll in and do my launch attack and watch all 3 of my friends just fly away like shitheads haha. Then it's just me and the monster, no distractions and I can wail on him and not have to worry about getting tripped. Swag axe actually gives no fucks. What an amazing weapon. It's so "me."

Beats

Just how effective is [Element] Attack + 3 for Dual Blades compared to, say, Challenger+2? I know it's a huge attack boost, but how do they compare? I tested Water Attack+3 on Black Gravios and I killed it in 20 minutes despite dying twice, so I'm hopeful. I broke the armor on both of its legs within minutes of starting the fight, and the first chest break happened soon after that.

Not entirely sure how accurate this program is but:

fsdfsfe4ul5.png

Water Attack +3 on the left and Challenger+2 on right on Black Gravios' Legs using the Crossenders.

I think I did the math right for the element boost on Water Atk+3. Double Slash would do 23 damage with Water Atk+3, but only 22 with Challenger+2. Not a huge difference, but Challenger+2 isn't always active.

Not entirely sure how accurate this program is but:

fsdfsfe4ul5.png

Water Attack +3 on the left and Challenger+2 on right on Black Gravios' Legs using the Crossenders.

I think I did the math right for the element boost on Water Atk+3. Double Slash would do 23 damage with Water Atk+3, but only 22 with Challenger+2. Not a huge difference, but Challenger+2 isn't always active.

What program is that?

LiQuid!

Oh man, I forgot to tell the tale of Keny G Rank!

Today me and 2 of my friends were doing some miscellaneous quests. We were doing the new event quest with the kecha+conga+rajang for the GX Hunter. So like, we do this often, where the 3 of us hunt and just open the room up to a random 4th. So Keny G Rank joins up. We go to fight the Conga and Kecha and Keny G yolos at the Conga and dies INSTANTLY. Like 1 hit, no chance to even try to save him. Just insta-cart. Oh, it's another one of THOSE pubs, I say and we all abandon the quest and repost it. Keny mistakenly thinks he's invited to the new attempt (he is not, actually) so I say, "l8r keny" and boot him. We wait a couple moments for a new pub to try out for the team but who shows up? None other than Keny G Rank. I greet him but then promptly kick him again. This goes on about 5 more times and I realize he is trying to post a gathering quest to enter it alone and cockblock the room from getting a proper 4th hunter. I could have just passworded the room, or changed the info so he couldn't find it, but I figured what the hell it's not worth the effort so we just went and did the quest as 3. We beat it and came back to find Keny G Rank, as expected, AFK on a quest, so we did eventually remake the room. I don't think Keny knew we were all together otherwise he wouldn't have went to all the effort to try and disrupt our room. Thought it was funny that he got so mad over getting kicked for being a shitter. I'll never forget you Keny G Rank! I really hope you enjoyed accomplishing nothing with that half hour of your life other than being memorably bad at Monster Hunter!

Top Bottom